• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

frontieruk

Hopefully everyone who has said they want to be in the championship will sort out their team name/livery and update the spreadsheet so we can start on Sunday as planned. I'll PM everyone who hasn't responded since.

A few amendments/confirmations for the series:

- Races will be around 30 mins in length, so I'll update the lap count for each race
- Cars will be stock with no tune/setup allowed
- Tyre wear will be enabled
- Joker track will score double team points

First race, Nürburgring:
t1404064800z1.png

Excite.

Stock car, no tune.

I'm liking this news, it sounded like stock but with tunes was going to be allowed from Sundays Racing.

The more I think about it......there has to be more car DLC on the way. Has to be. They can't bank all their earnings from season pass holders...due to discounts and promotions.... there has to be something raw where everyone pays. I got that feel, bro.

Porsche Expansion v2.0 w/ 917, 918, and 919, plz.

This is random, but at this moment I don't think there's anything better than taking that James Hunt McLaren on a few laps of the Nordschleiffe. It has just the right speed and handling to fully enjoy every last bend and high speed curve.

Just wanted to share the love. Its so damn good.

Spades

Anyone have/tried this wheel?

en-INTL-L-XboxOne-Thrustmaster-Ferrari-458-Spider-Racing-Wheel-FLF-00249-RM2-mnco.jpg

Just noticed you can pick them up for under £90 in the UK and I'd be interested to hear some impressions.

Edit: I just read that this has no force feedback. Nevermind.

This is random, but at this moment I don't think there's anything better than taking that James Hunt McLaren on a few laps of the Nordschleiffe. It has just the right speed and handling to fully enjoy every last bend and high speed curve.

Just wanted to share the love. Its so damn good.

Now that does sound pretty incredible, I am curious if the Atom is just as fun. I am always looking for new cars to run around the Ring. I LOVE taking stock cars for trips on the ring.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ah the joys of being an early adopter. Good wheel tho!

i *think* the wife picked one up for me for christmas. my only wheel experience is with the MS 360 wireless wheel, so i imagine this will be quite the step up. i'm looking forward to revisiting fm5 with a good ffb wheel and spending a lot of time with fh2 and project cars as well.

Spades

i *think* the wife picked one up for me for christmas. my only wheel experience is with the MS 360 wireless wheel, so i imagine this will be quite the step up. i'm looking forward to revisiting fm5 with a good ffb wheel and spending a lot of time with fh2 and project cars as well.

So just to clarify, this is the only FFB wheel available for X1 at the moment?

Now that does sound pretty incredible, I am curious if the Atom is just as fun. I am always looking for new cars to run around the Ring. I LOVE taking stock cars for trips on the ring.
I remember the Atom feeling a little twitchier but I'll have to try it out again just to be sure, you know, for science :)

All I know for sure was that McLaren was flawless.

But you can't really lose driving in something open topped and low to the ground. Makes me wish this game had more cars where I could put the top down.

I remember the Atom feeling a little twitchier but I'll have to try it out again just to be sure, you know, for science :)

All I know for sure was that McLaren was flawless.

But you can't really lose driving in something open topped and low to the ground. Makes me wish this game had more cars where I could put the top down.

The Atom is extremely twitchy.

But both 70's F1 cars are great on the ring.

BIGT468

wow! some great stuff last page, like BigT's big turbo setup (I kind of wandered if bigt meant bigturbo). On your youtube video you say above 700hp, and thats a freakin' mustang dyno so thats wheel power not crank, right?
and mustang in general is not a dyno that makes you happy usually. so well done bt, enjoy 8)

Yeah the 700 hp is at the wheels with a manual transmission, the car now has an automatic in it so it will lose a little from that number but we still have about 10-15 more psi of boost. :) Hopefully the car will be ready to go to the track soon and I'll have some videos of it going down the track. I cant take all the credit though as this is a project that both my brother and I have been working on while also having a great tuner that I think wants to see what the car will do more than us...lol.

P.S: Happy
belated birthday
:D

EBreda

Big thank you to everyone as it looks like the entry list is pretty much complete and ready to go!

tumblr_n7o4ftd5Sh1qiv7luo1_1280.png

Only thing I do need to know is your team name and also your joker track. You don't need to confirm your joker track until before the race you want to play it, so no rush for that. I would like your team name before Sunday though if possible! :)

Good luck guys.
I'll spectate from the sideline.

Spades

Good luck guys.
I'll spectate from the sideline.

Dude, why don't you race with us and step in for whoever is absent that week - meaning the team you're racing for still scores points? And you can still compete in the drivers championship then. I think Zorbs is out for the first week!

Or if you can find a teammate between now and Sunday there is obviously a slot free.

SarBear

Dude, why don't you race with us and step in for whoever is absent that week - meaning the team you're racing for still scores points? And you can still compete in the drivers championship then. I think Zorbs is out for the first week!

Or if you can find a teammate between now and Sunday there is obviously a slot free.

I'm SURE whomever Soundscream's partner is wouldn't mind a sub.

EBreda

Ok, I can try that! I'll check the schedule and the rules just to make sure.
Thanks again!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

whats the deal with this, can someone link me to the original post?

and if there is one slot left, i may be able to commit to it....

EBreda

Ok, need some help.
I was able to find the schedule/tracks and the teams, but I couldnt bring myself to finding the car we'll be using.

So, questions:
- cars?
- painting? if I'm subing for someone, should I have its paiting or do I go stock?
- grid order/qualifying?
- just to make sure, is that GMT -4?

Thanks

frontieruk

whats the deal with this, can someone link me to the original post?

and if there is one slot left, i may be able to commit to it....

See below

OK so for the FF Champ, I am thinking...

Team based
Drivers and constructors championships
One race per week so we can run this alongside the MX5-Cup
14:00 EDT / 18:00 GMT race start

Points awarded
1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
Fastest lap - 1

29th June - Nürburgring GP Circuit / 6 Laps
6th July - Long Beach / 6 Laps
13th July - Silverstone / 6 Laps
20th July - Road America / 6 Laps
27th July - Spa Francorchamps / 6 Laps
3rd August - Bathurst / 6 Laps
10th August - Circuit de Catalunya / 6 Laps

*Your worst result will not count towards the final standings - this will allow people to miss a week without impact

How does this sound to you guys? Any suggestions to improve?

Who is in?

Ok, need some help.
I was able to find the schedule/tracks and the teams, but I couldnt bring myself to finding the car we'll be using.

So, questions:
- cars?
- painting? if I'm subing for someone, should I have its paiting or do I go stock?
- grid order/qualifying?

Thanks

Formula Ford

The paint jobs are shared by whoever made them I did sarbear and my teams design so it's on my share for example.

The rest you'll need to talk to spades

zorbsie

Ok, need some help.

So, questions:
- cars?
- grid order/qualifying?

Thanks

EBreda, I won't be around on Sunday. Why don't you take my spot. I'll make a car design for you and share it tonight. Just let me know what number you want to be and I'll set the design up.

Spades

Sounds like we have two people so why don't you guys team up?

As per above, missing a week won't hurt you overall as your worst race is removed from the overall standings anyway.

Figure out what you guys want to do and let me know!

EBreda

EBreda, I won't be around on Sunday. Why don't you take my spot. I'll make a car design for you and share it tonight. Just let me know what number you want to be and I'll set the design up.

If op_ivy is not racing, I'll gladly sub in for you. If he is, then maybe we can team up.
Number 56, please!
My tag is Ed Balboa
Thanks!

zorbsie

If op_ivy is not racing, I'll gladly sub in for you. If he is, then maybe we can team up.
Number 56, please!
My tag is Ed Balboa
Thanks!

Sounds good to me. I'll make the design just in case, my GT is zorbs. I'll put your tag in balboa in the file name so it's easy to search for.

Spades

Number 56, please!
My tag is Ed Balboa
Thanks!

In the meantime, drop op_ivy a PM or something and get this party started. If you guys can team up we have a full grid of 8 teams which will be epic.

Great comparison video here comparing the Nurburgring in each of the Forza games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itR2j0aWjGQ

Forza 1 holds up nicely in the graphics department..sound not so much, 2 was a huge improvement, with 5 being just about perfect!

Dude

Well guys, I've been working hard in something, since it's (almost) the 10th anniversary of the Ring in Forza (apart from the game itself) I thought it would be nice to have a video series with insight on every version of the track, with a final video comparing differences between versions.

And I did it.

Forza Motorsport 1

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 4

Forza Motorsport 5

Forza Motorsport Comparative Mix

Hope you like it!

Top Bottom