• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

1) do a hard reset on your xbone by holding the power button for 5 secs.
if that wont fix it, then
2) re-download the track dlc

done

Did a hard reset. Deleted and redownloaded the game. Even did a factory reset.

How do I download just the DLC?

Still kicks me to dash.

Sad panda.

Cushen

Neo Member
That was fun.

About the mic.. the headset bundled with the X1 never worked for me, so I went out a few days ago and purchased the stereo headset to use today. Didn't work. Must be my controller??? I'll have it sorted out for next week so I can tell Shortt Sirket to suck one when he talks about my consistency as I drive into the dirt 2 seconds later. :p

lem0n

I got confused about when the race started, Arizona time zones (or lack thereof) throws me off. I tried joining at the beginning of the Nurburg race, I sat in Short Sirkett's Twitch for most of the time, I joined at the Long Beach race, and you all started without me. I'll try to be on sooner next race, when zorbs is around too.

Spades

Results after round one, Nürburgring.

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 11
2 - p3tran / 8
3 - EBreda / 6
4 - BIGT468 / 5
5 - Spades / 4
6 - Devildoll / 3
7 - Shortt Sirket / 2
8 - Cushen / 1
---
frontieruk / 0
CrudeDiatribe / 0
Flying Toaster / 0
soundscream / 0
Cyros / 0
RWB993 / 0
zorbsie / 0

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 11
=2 - Team 7 / 8
=2 - Shake N Bake / 8
=4 - Maple Syrp / 6
=4 - Mediocre Motorsport / 6
5 - WestJet Racing / 1
---
MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Next week the circus travels to Long Beach.
t1404669600z1.png

Any feedback to the race format is welcome.

p3tran & Flying Toaster, Cushen & Crude - please let me know what your team name is so I can update the standings.

EBreda

Fantastic race. Battle for 2nd, 3rd and 4th was something else... is anyone posting the full replay?

Thanks fellas! Zorbs, thanks again!

If anyone's missing next weeks race, let me know please!

I have a question:
I haven't played the other Motorsport series Forza games. I do not find Gran Turismo games fun (I have played and owned GT4/5/6). I did enjoy Forza Horizon.
Do you think I would like FM5?

I haven't gotten an Xbox One yet, but I am looking into it.

Spades

Fantastic race. Battle for 2nd, 3rd and 4th was something else... is anyone posting the full replay?

Pretty sure someone said they were missing the next few weeks tonight so you're probably golden.

Cushen

Neo Member

I can post the full race + a highlight video later tonight probably.

Cushen

Neo Member
I can post the full race + a highlight video later tonight probably.

To add on to this, how would you folks like the replay?? Should I just have it on a replay camera on somebody in the front pack? Or is there an option to have it automatically change between vehicles.

aka what is the best way to record a replay

SarBear

I have a question:
I haven't played the other Motorsport series Forza games. I do not find Gran Turismo games fun (I have played and owned GT4/5/6). I did enjoy Forza Horizon.

For a 5 wouldn't best fit you. However, its less serious cousin is ready!

frontieruk

To add on to this, how would you folks like the replay?? Should I just have it on a replay camera on somebody in the front pack? Or is there an option to have it automatically change between vehicles.

aka what is the best way to record a replay

If you look back through this thread you'll see the ones Zorbs has done.

Personally I think showing me for the first 5 corners then forgetting I exist and watch the race unfold would be great...

p3tran

Banned
I shared the replay. Should be able to find it by searching for GAF FF or my username.

thanks shortt sirket, you da man!

on other news, what are the chances we are getting a fucking VENENO in tomorrow's (last) car dlc?

there is a hint thread at official forums that goes like this:
I’ve got a couple of teases for you about next week’s pack that will hopefully whet your appetite for what I believe is one of our strongest FM5 packs yet. Here we go:

-Another “Grand Prix Legend”.
-Ascari almost won in it.
-Pure poison.

veneno means poison in spanish as a lot of you guys know, but poison/venom is also connected with Sarbear's favorites, them cobras.
eventhough lambo's veneno refers to a single matador-killing bull, its still a hint.
now, if it is that I'm not getting my fuckin' veneno for a freakin' 2015 trim mustang, then I will hold SARBEAR responsible for it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Uw6jwrHxk

the other two hints point to racing cars, could be mercedes, ferrari, lotus or lancia racing cars?

thanks shortt sirket, you da man!

on other news, what are the chances we are getting a fucking VENENO in tomorrow's (last) car dlc?

there is a hint thread at official forums that goes like this:

veneno means poison in spanish as a lot of you guys know, but poison/venom is also connected with Sarbear's favorites, them cobras.
eventhough lambo's veneno refers to a single matador-killing bull, its still a hint.
now, if it is that I'm not getting my fuckin' veneno for a freakin' 2015 trim mustang, then I will hold SARBEAR responsible for it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Uw6jwrHxk

the other two hints point to racing cars, could be mercedes, ferrari, lotus or lancia racing cars?

Wow, I am way behind! I didn't even know there was another car pack hitting this week. Man, I HOPE you are right!

I have a question:

I'd say no, wait for Forza Horizon 2 in September.

p3tran

Banned
I have a question:

sure!
was it the driving dynamics that you enjoyed in horizon, or just the festival/music etc?
because if it was the dynamics you enjoyed, it will be good to meet with horizon's daddy, motorsport ;)

edit:
darin of inside sim racing seems happy with the ring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cvc5Wcyvgc
he broke into the sub7minute club, although not stock.

I have a question:

I too am not typically a sim racing fan, but I just got the game on the cheap and I love it.

I love racing/driving in games, but I tend to suck at simulation ones. I tried getting into Gran Turismo many times, but just couldn't. Forza has been a revelation because between the suggested line, toggling of assists, and rewind I can actually learn what I am doing wrong and quickly improve.

Hopping into various cars and learning how they control differently (FWD vs RWD, light vs heavy, and etc.) is just so damn fun! I'm always excited to try a new circuit and get a new car to see how different it will be.

Long story short: Driving in the game is easy to learn yet difficult to master, but it is FUN!

Hope this helps!

You see that... NUMBER 44 The Toast all up in 3rd place. Whoever hit me and spun me out I am gunning for you. (Secretly it was an awesome move even if not intentional and brilliant for doing it)

I wont let you down P3Tran we are going to win this... even if we have to submit false police reports on other gaf members to have them not make the races.

Holy shit.

That Lotus 49 sure is getting around these days, and the Type D will give the Maser 8CTF something to race against. Veneno is confirmed as well in the add-on description. Can't wait to see what else is in there tomorrow.

FM5's car DLC got off to a shaky start, but they've more than made up for it with the last few packs.

lem0n

holly fucking shit!

so after all, we got both the stingray AND the veneno I asked for

I name today, VENENO DAY

8)

Im so excited to see if its actually competitive.

btw i spent tonight chasing some of your times. what a pain in the ass lol. got some eventually, though ;)

p3tran

Banned
I dont think its going to be a leaderboard car, but Im sure gonna make all tuning trims possible to use it racing online. such a bad ass looking vehicle 8)

anybody knows at what time game gets the title update?
car pack already up, but without title update I cant see the cars in the game.

BADNED

I dont think its going to be a leaderboard car, but Im sure gonna make all tuning trims possible to use it racing online. such a bad ass looking vehicle 8)

anybody knows at what time game gets the title update?
car pack already up, but without title update I cant see the cars in the game.
The update will go live at 5pm GMT.

p3tran

Banned
Where is the info on the new carp pack? The FM5 website is barren.
there is a hint list for 10 cars, but other than those 3 listed on the dlc description, the others are not known yet.
but the hotwheels pack already seems to be a great pack, veneno being one, but also the lotus 49 as a rival to the brabham BT24 (1967 f1)
and the auto union type D as a rival to the maserati 8CTF (1939 gp)
The remaining seven cars could be just nissan skylines and would still be a good pack :D

come on ms, flip the freaking switch!!

Hey BADNED, if you'd be so kind, is there an ETA for the Zonda R? Or are they busy recapturing one in Revolucion spec?

I thought the Veneno was the Egoista :(

Thank fuck it isn't.

It's not my cup of tea, but I sort of get the Aventador-got-frisky-with-an-R18 visual depravity of the Veneno, but the Egoista is genuinely one of, if not the most stomach-churningly vile, hideous, and outright repulsive cars I've ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes on.

I know that supercars need a certain amount of idiocy to justify their existence, but the Egoista proved that even here you could go too far. I honestly felt that Lamborghini was devolving into a parody of itself, until the Huracan came along and reminded me that they're still capable of occasionally turning out a respectable, if familiar, design.

Top Bottom