• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

Mechar

Neo Member
Go Square! You gotta love Square sometimes for giving their fans a second chance to play all these wonderful games that hasn´t seen daylight in some territories before or because the players didn´t get to play the game when it was first released. Square right now´s got the DS up and running with all these RPGs: Dragon Quest IV-VI, Final Fantasy IV and now Chrono Trigger.

Aeana said:
It looks like artwork, to me.
It's this.
343j4fa.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So where does the "enhanced port, not a remake" part come from?

I kept the window with the clock sound open for at least an hour, so awesome!

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
bengraven said:
And so Squaresoft realizes it's 2008 and people have been clamoring for a remake/sequel for over a decade.

This and Diablo 3 all within a few days makes my dick itch.

canestene.jpg

Mechar said:
Go Square! You gotta love Square sometimes for giving their fans a second chance to play all these wonderful games that hasn´t seen daylight in some territories before or because the players didn´t get to play the game when it was first released. Square right now´s got the DS up and running with all these RPGs: Dragon Quest IV-VI, Final Fantasy IV and now Chrono Trigger.

All they need to do now is release Terranigma in the US...

Kikujiro

Zefah said:
Enhanced port, whatever that means, sounds a lot better than remake to me.

A remake at Square Enix would probably mean that Nomura would be in charge. I really don't need my Crono to be covered in belts and zippers and be strangely solemn at all times.

Yeah sure, because the other FF DS remakes were handled by Nomura, you haters should think something more smarter if you want to troll someone.

Hypnotoad

Release on the DS means Chrono Trigger is coming to Europe. That's fantastic news. How long we've waited for this day...

Aeana

Vyse The Legend said:
Only downside to this news is that the US release probably won't be 'til late Spring 2009. =/

Considering that they already put the NA teaser site up, I'd assume that the releases for North America and Japan are going to be close together.

This is good news.

This, the mega man 9, and Trauma Center news all indicate the gaming industry is finally getting its shit back together. At least to me.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm not going to be a negative nancy about this. i'm glad they're finally putting it on ds. that's all i asked for, anyway. can't wait for it.

It doesn't even matter that this isn't the sequel I've longed for since I played the first one over Christmas Break 1995. Oh man, thanks again Grandma for actually getting me what I wanted that year.

Anyway, this is better than nothing, and I'll be happy to put some money towards anything with the Chrono name attached to it (if only out of vain hope that SE notices the Chrono love and makes an actual sequel one day).

Lord Phol

Maybe this is my chance to finally be able to finish the game for once :eek:. Neve been able to, not that it's bad or anything, but considering all the praise it gets from everybody one would think it's a complete unrivaled masterpiece. And I just find it to be a good fun JRPG, that's it :s.

Lord Phol said:
Maybe this is my chance to finally be able to finish the game for once :eek:. Neve been able to, not that it's bad or anything, but considering all the praise it gets from everybody one would think it's a complete unrivaled masterpiece. And I just find it to be a good fun JRPG, that's it :s.

What more would anyone need?

Ranger X

HK-47 said:
Why dont you wait until we know what new content there is?

...asking questions that cant be answered yet...

They would need an amount of hot content that couldn't be described as "enhanced port" for me to be interested.

beelzebozo said:
indeed!

can't wait to play through it again. i should really stray from my normal chrono/frog/lucca party and play with some other characters.

But why tamper with perfection?

I felt certain that this was just a rumor last night, so I'm really excited to see I was completely wrong.

Folks. Wouldn't it be easier to just play the SNES version if you're so desparate to play Chrono Trigger? How in hell can someone look forward to a fucking port anyway? Great, I'll play this again! :lol Give me a fucking worthy sequel or bust.

LiK

James Power said:
Folks. Wouldn't it be easier to just play the SNES version if you're so desparate to play Chrono Trigger? How in hell can someone look forward to a fucking port anyway? Great, I'll play this again! :lol Give me a fucking worthy sequel or bust.

well, not everyone has their SNES hooked up anymore and used copies are quite expensive at this point. the PSOne version has annoying load times so i hope this version fixes that.

James Power said:

a) Some people have not had the chance to play this yet.

b) Some people have lost their ability to play this game, either via selling systems, or system breakdown.

c) Some people who do have the means to play this game, don't want to do so due to technical issues (i.e. the lousy PS1 port). Thus a new port which shouldn't hold as many technical issues would be a good thing.

d) Some people who wish to acquire a way to play this game (legally) would be staggered by the insane prices that a SNES cart goes for.

e) Portable games>>>>> non-portable games

f) Some people just want to support a good game coming out, even if it isn't the first time it's doing so.

Alpha_eX

James Power said:

Chrono Trigger on the bus/train > Whatever point you're trying to make

I didn't even read the OP because I was so excited. Is this fake or real?

I mean, I even hate RPGs but I tried Chrono Trigger one time way back in the day and ended up loving it...although I never finished it. The gameplay and story was spot on. I would pick up a DS version day 0.

James Power said:

Chrono Trigger never came out in Europe.

LiK

Gamecocks625 said:
I didn't even read the OP because I was so excited. Is this fake or real?
I mean, I even hate RPGs but I tried Chrono Trigger one time way back in the day and ended up loving it...although I never finished it. The gameplay and story was spot on. I would pick up a DS version day 0.

real

Ranger X

LiK said:
well, not everyone has their SNES hooked up anymore and used copies are quite expensive at this point. the PSOne version has annoying load times so i hope this version fixes that.

You see? i didn't sell my SNES and my Chrono Trigger. I win.
How can you sell perfection? :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
The enhanced part better be big! I played this game way too much to just play it again with touch screen support or something.

Endless

CHRONO TRIGGER Returns! The Timeless Classic Teleports to Nintendo DS This Holiday Season

Journey Through Time with the RPG Masterpiece that Started It All

LOS ANGELES, July 2 -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will release CHRONO TRIGGER® in North America this Holiday season. Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS(TM), this marks the first time that the groundbreaking RPG will be available on a handheld console.

Originally released in 1995 on Super NES® and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

-- A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

-- An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

-- Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

-- Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

-- Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

-- A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic

Top Bottom