• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror Game Leak - Alpha build screen shots and art. Maybe Sony game (not Bend)?

Xpliskin

2hHSl8h.gif

Oh so there's a phobia for it ?
God what have I watched

Don´t enter the leak threads then.

I understand you, but think about it this way. Most of the time when leaks happen, they tend to spawn new threads, news and headlines all over gaf and the web. Only seeing minor info like "new bend game sci-fi" or "sonys megaton revealed" is really enough to dampen the hype and excitement for the real show at e3.

Even more, c'mon this is gaf, we all share our enjoyment together, we talk about games, our joy, our hate all together. You have to admit, that when leaks happen and some part gets to know about them beforehand, the reactions & responses at the official reveal is totally different and boring. No emotions, just "meh", "this looked more like xy-game, what happened?" and so on.

We're in this ride togther. Curiousity is in all of us, so it's absolutely fine for wanting all the leaks. But just remember the last times when you were legit shocked at some of the reveals from the past. And now compare that to your feelings when you got the official reveal to a preveiously leaked and known game. It's night and day.
Wouldn't it have been so much more memorable getting the first scoop of project beast tomorrow? Now everyone already knows and only details will matter. A real shame.

But don't get me wrong, I am not 100% against all leaks. Like everything in life, the middle-way is the right way. I am totally for leaks like ms online/no used games plans, because this way we can ensure a medial riot so that plans against us get stopped in their tracks.

So yeah, game leaks are not beneficial imo.

Respawn

Banned
I understand you, but think about it this way. Most of the time when leaks happen, they tend to spawn new threads, news and headlines all over gaf and the web. Only seeing minor info like "new bend game sci-fi" or "sonys megaton revealed" is really enough to dampen the hype and excitement for the real show at e3.

Even more, c'mon this is gaf, we all share our enjoyment together, we talk about games, our joy, our hate all together. You have to admit, that when leaks happen and some part gets to know about them beforehand, the reactions & responses at the official reveal is totally different and boring. No emotions, just "meh", "this looked more like xy-game, what happened?" and so on.

We're in this ride togther. Curiousity is in all of us, so it's absolutely fine for wanting all the leaks. But just remember the last times when you were legit shocked at some of the reveals from the past. And now compare that to your feelings when you got the official reveal to a preveiously leaked and known game. It's night and day.
Wouldn't it have been so much more memorable getting the first scoop of project beast tomorrow? Now everyone already knows and only details will matter. A real shame.

But don't get me wrong, I am not 100% against all leaks. Like everything in life, the middle-way is the right way. I am totally for leaks like ms online/no used games plans, because this way we can ensure a medial riot so that plans against us get stopped in their tracks.

So yeah, game leaks are not beneficial imo.
Good post.

m360

Okay guys. ...i just dug a little into this. I just tell you what someone with knowledge to this topic told me.

This game is namend "Succumb Core" (working title) and is the concept of a newly founded and not officially announced studio "by some known veterans of the industry and genre". It was created with oculus rift in mind. They showed a alpha slice - the screens are from this - to some publishers. And ... like many games now ... Sony grabbed it as an exclusive for PS4 with Morpheus support. "The Games' in an early stage but Sony is considering to unveil it at this years' Games Com."

Okay guys. ...i just dug a little into this. I just tell you what someone with knowledge to this topic told me.

This game is namend "Succumb Core" (working title) and is the concept of a newly founded and not officially announced studio "by some known veterans of the industry and genre". It was created with oculus rift in mind. They showed a alpha slice - the screens are from this - to some publishers. And ... like many games now ... Sony grabbed it as an exclusive for PS4 with Morpheus support. "The Games' in an early stage but Sony is considering to unveil it at this years' Games Com."

Did a drunk sony dev tell you this,

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Check your PMs.

Junior wanting to make a name for himself? I guess he'll quickly learn what happens if you spread false "insider" info around these parts if so!

HtO.jpg

This is one of the most amazing and uncomfortable creatures I have ever seen, let alone in a video game. It looks like I sliced open a fruit and he was inside, waiting to be eaten. I physically shudder looking at this. Junji Ito could have designed it.

I definitely see a strong Beksinski influence here too.

Probably already mentioned, but kinda looks like SOMA.

Prometheus 2 ?

edit: looks like its an unannounced ps4 title with morpheus support ?

Mdk7

Hot shit, i hope it is officially unveiled soon, the art is surely appealing to me.
Hell, i even wished it was the next Doom!

Sharpeye

24hrs? huh?
Thats usually how long Bish gives then from what I seen, gives the poster time just in case he is in a different time zone and went to sleep or work. On topic I hope what he said is true, this could be the first big game for Morphous and be a very unique horror game to boot.

OneUh8

This should be interesting. If what the poster said is true, that sounds amazing to me. I am already really looking forward to Morpheus, but man I can hardly get through horror games now, I can't even imagine the next level with VR...

m360

He ain't banned yet.

Though the silence is deafening

Hehe. I'm still here. And i said not that this info is 100% true, confirmed or something. It's what i heard from someone who was sometimes right with what he told me ... and sometimes not. I try to check this information with another source to see what comes out.

And trust me ... i don't wanna make a name (i have a name) or something or fool someone.

Hehe. I'm still here. And i said not that this info is 100% true, confirmed or something. It's what i heard from someone who was sometimes right with what he told me ... and sometimes not. I try to check this information with another source to see what comes out.

And trust me ... i don't wanna make a name (i have a name) or something or fool someone.
Well you don't have to answer to us, but you should probably check your private messages (top right corner) and get back to bish if you want to keep posting here.

I'm just waiting for someone to die from a heart attack while playing a virtual reality horror game.
Politicians will debate the dangers of video games again and it will be great marketing for virtual reality providers.

majik13

I cant beleive the OP/OP's friend and the first comment only mention Doom vibes, when it is clearly Giger.

Yes I know already brought up.

Top Bottom