• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

G Rom

Is there any chance of current/future car packs being compatible with Horizon 2 on the Xbone? That'd be pretty great, the main thing stopping me from buying packs for Forza 5 is the fact I'll be moving on to Horizon in September.

You know what, I have been thinking that it might be possible. If you look closely at the trailer or the videos from Horizon 2, there are zero new cars beside the Hurucan.
I think it would be great if Horizon 2 launched with all the cars from FM5 + DLC (beside race cars, for obvious reasons) and the season pass from Horizon 2 allowed the cars to be used in both games.
Same when the inevitable FM6 launches, have the FM6 season pass overlap on Horizon 2, etc...
Basically, making sure that we don't pay for cars again in FH.

You know what, I have been thinking that it might be possible. If you look closely at the trailer or the videos from Horizon 2, there are zero new cars beside the Hurucan.
I think it would be great if Horizon 2 launched with all the cars from FM5 + DLC (beside race cars, for obvious reasons) and the season pass from Horizon 2 allowed the cars to be used in both games.
Same when the inevitable FM6 launches, have the FM6 season pass overlap on Horizon 2, etc...

As much as I'd like to see that and no offense to Turn 10/PG, but I really doubt that'll happen because it's easier to charge people again for the DLC.

Sordid

Why would they do that? They'd lose exactly 50% of revenue for copying and pasting the car DLC for Horizon 2.

They'd lose money from people not buying the same cars twice but they'd gain money from people like myself who'd buy tons of DLC cars if they were compatible with multiple games.

Ooooh, I never noticed that. Probably just a coincidence but it's interesting nonetheless!

Yep, paying multiple times for the same cars is pretty crappy. I understand paying for cars that were in old Forza games because they have to be remodelled for the Xbox One but once remodelled they should be detailed enough just to import into future games. I'm not sure how the licensing would work but if they could figure out a unified Forza DLC store it'd be awesome.

So how is everyone's time on Long Beach so far? I admit, I haven't had a chance to practice yet, but I need to because I am pure shit on that track.

How about some Japanese tracks?
As soon as we got the ring the very next thing I wanted was Fujimi Kaido. I think it'd be glorious in Forza 5.

But I'm down for more tracks of any variety as long as they aren't boring. Hockenheim for example, bored me to tears.

And holy hell at that latest car pack. Will be picking that up at some point soon. Lots of nice stuff in there. And I never bite on those things, preferring to buy the single car I like, if that.

G Rom

Meh, Fujimi Kaido never ticked with me. *raises flame shield*
Now, the things I'd do for Suzuka in all it's laser scanned glory...
Give me Infineon back as well.
Hockenheim shouldn't need much to be up to standard so I wouldn't mind having it even if it's not my the best track around.

Wow. I can't even start to compete against you G Rom, you always manage to squeze every single bit of goodness out of your pics!

Thanks but I had to up my game since you fired first for this pack ! :D

Here's my Veneno set for today :

mobile.5060vsex.jpg

mobile.507hjjre.jpg

mobile.508iyjd5.jpg

mobile.509hqkqk.jpg

mobile.5102aj36.jpg

Some details :

mobile.511khjlh.jpg

mobile.5127wkqx.jpg

mobile.513wbjem.jpg

mobile.514qojzp.jpg

frontieruk

So how is everyone's time on Long Beach so far? I admit, I haven't had a chance to practice yet, but I need to because I am pure shit on that track.

unnamedlhj7c.jpg

There's another second on the table with my poor driving...

picture as it's the only time I'll be infront of Scrone

Monad

Post a Veneno's pic is always a good idea, isn't it?

14375175649_8c25c88566_o.jpg

Damn beast full of goodness.

Unlike most of their brothers, it drives surprisingly well (even in P class with all the powertrain upgrades).

gsrjedi

I was trying to wait to download the new pack since I'm over my data cap until tomorrow, but these pictures weakened my resolve. Now Xbox Live is down so I can't sign in and play :( FML

Devildoll

3. drivatar pulls data from all your races. nothing special needed. the more cars and tracks you drive the more data it can gather. i'm nearly level 300, but my drivatar sync is a "measly" 67%.

I've been going trough the task of completing my drivatar, and found that two races usually gets a track 100% synced, even if they are in the same car.

unnamedlhj7c.jpg

There's another second on the table with my poor driving...

picture as it's the only time I'll be infront of Scrone

Aw man, now i really want to go in and run a few laps, but it's 4:30 am here, and i haven't gone to bed yet.
keep on pushing that time!

frontieruk

I've been going trough the task of completing my drivatar, and found that two races usually gets a track 100% synced, even if they are in the same car.

Aw man, now i really want to go in and run a few laps, but it's 4:30 am here, and i haven't gone to bed yet.
keep on pushing that time!

If it wasn't for your slide through turn 5 I'm not sure I'd of got a better clean lap than you, you carry a lot more speed through the 2nd half of the track, which is why I reckon I've got more time on the table, I didn't drive the first half as cleanly as I have done either...

Chasing you around last night knocked two seconds off my previous best and improved my consistent lap time by about 4 seconds (yes that's how long I tried for :'( )

Devildoll

If it wasn't for your slide through turn 5 I'm not sure I'd of got a better clean lap than you, you carry a lot more speed through the 2nd half of the track, which is why I reckon I've got more time on the table, I didn't drive the first half as cleanly as I have done either...

Chasing you around last night knocked two seconds off my previous best and improved my consistent lap time by about 4 seconds (yes that's how long I tried for :'( )

yeah, i found it pretty hard to run long beach consistent as well.
i did like one good clean lap during 20 minutes of trying.

RoKKeR

So I'm having some issues with the latest DLC... when I scroll through the car list some of them still say "installing" but the progress bar never budges.

How do I fix this?

Since they did the triple screen at E3 it has to be in there somewhere.

Darin from ISR spoke to T10 about the multiscreen, devkit only for now at least. Forza 5 looked great on it.

Looks like they have the same issue though as Forza 4, when the fov changes you end up with a screen full of road...need that camera pitch adjustment to go with it. The horizon should sit around the middle of the screen, not two thirds up. That's when things get all screwed up and especially annoying when the rear view camera doesn't suffer the same problem.

I'm sure they do it enhance the sense of speed but it doesn't work for everyone.

zorbsie

G Rom got mentioned on the Turn10 twitter. Good stuff. Everyone has been posting some fantastic shots. Can't wait to get home and try these new cars out.

p3tran

Banned
so, I was just over at the horizon thread, and you know guys what came to my mind?

we know for a fact that turn10 has laser scanned monza.
we know for a fact that horizon 2 covers north italy.
now, milan is north italy, and monza is
north of
milan.

how great would it be if turn10
injected monza in both forza5 and horizon2
?

ps
good job jc! keep truckin' :)

Devildoll

Hey p3tran, do you agree that the 2 way diff upgrade and relevant tuning is one of the most valuable tools in the game?

Honestly, if I had only 2 upgrades to choose from it would certainly be springs/dampers and a 2 way diff. It is just so versatile!
More horsepower is the way to go.
Full throttle all the time.
almost

p3tran

Banned
this was found through a 360 ad that if you pressed will give you a gamerpic and also bring you to a message stating that you can download the free infinity car pack come august ;)
Q50 and Q50 Eau Rouge (GTR engine)
so I guess thats that.

oh, and this:

IqwznyS.jpg

Spades

Awesome! I'm honestly surprised the more manufacturers don't use video games like Forza to raise awareness of their cars by giving them away in a free pack.

Top Bottom