• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles for PC [Nov 11, £14/20/$20, has all DLC, 60fps/1080p+, $14 GMG]

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just bought five copies, one for myself and four others to my friends. I have done my part and there's no excuse for the rest of you to do the same!
We're friends, right?

;D

Will buy this. Will advertise to the world at large. Will play the shit out of this game, again, and Salinas won't die this time.

Dizzy-4U

If you look for the definition of "unstoppable force" in the dictionary you'll get this picture:

qiJMXeK.jpg

Embrace your new goddess.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
God dang November is shaping up to be hilarious

Dark Souls update
GTAV
Valkyria Chronicles

Old games are new this year!!!

Durante

For the heck of it, I took screenshots of PS3 version of the same scenes shown in steam store screenshots:

PS3: http://abload.de/img/2014-10-30_20-21-13lxo8y.png
PC: http://abload.de/img/ss_114a127f2a50239dcan4pna.jpg
Welkin's nose is the perfect internal rendering resolution check.

Looks like they are even doing AA on the line drawing on PC. Not only is it higher res, it's far smoother even considering both resolutions natively!

Edit:
Great job on the comparison by the way!

Just bought it. Have gotta support moves like this. Valkyria Chronicles was one of the first games I bought on PS3, in fact I owned it before I even owned a PS3! (Bought to play on a housemates console).

Beautiful game. I hope they can get it across to PS4 / Xbox One soon too.

Now Sega, we buy this one - how about Skies of Arcadia next or even Resonance of Fate? Kisses!

Linkark07

Banned
Well, just pre ordered from GMG.

Thanks to a voucher, managed to discount the price to $13.50

Can't wait to play this again. And of course, finally enjoy the DLC.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Looking at these shots, the PC version is definitely running at a higher internal resolution, but it looks like a lot of the assists weren't super high quality to start.

Durante

I don't understand this game. Is it a JRPG or what?
It's an SRPG.

That plays quite differently from any other SRPG.

Looking at these shots, the PC version is definitely running at a higher internal resolution, but it looks like a lot of the assists weren't super high quality to start.
The assets aren't particularly detailed, but it works well with the art style.
And now without eye-piercing aliasing!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Bought on GMG as I had some Playfire monies to finally use.

Still shocked at how out of leftfield this was. Then just released in a fortnight of announcement.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's an SRPG.

That plays quite differently from any other SRPG.

The assets aren't particularly detailed, but it works well with the art style.
And now without eye-piercing aliasing!

Ah ok.

So what is so good about this game? story? characters? gameplay?

Durante

Ah ok.

The unique gameplay, but also the story and characters. And of course the music. And the use of non-photorealistic rendering which isn't just simple cel-shading, something far too rare in games.

UnrealEck

Cool, now to wait for impressions to see if it's a competent port.
Then if it is, I need to figure out a way to make some money.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

gngf123

I wish everyone could've been as hyped as I was after Ikaruga released on Steam :( 1999 game with absolute no chance to be on PC makes it to PC... And maybe one day we get Radiant Silvergun too.

So, yeah, happy that a dream came true!

edit: Top #13. Keep on climbin', baby!

I was so hyped for Ikaruga. One of the few Steam games I bought as soon as I could.

VC is just about to become another one.

Begaria

Ah ok.

I know it's subjective, but by far the best thing about Valkyria Chronicles is the story and characters. It's rare to see a game with such a compelling cast, especially with how likeable the protagonist is. Since the game is pretty much split 50/50 between "watch a scene" and "play a battle" (besides tinkering with your squad/tank), it focuses on story more compared to a typical RPG. It's compounded with a beautiful soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, etc).

The gameplay is really, really good to. I just preference the story over it in VC. The English voice acting is superb as well.

iavi

If the Steam page is correct, Sega's handling this port/goodness in-house too.

In previous super late port cases, like Viking, they listed the port-house--in that case: Hardlight.

bossin'

Top Bottom