• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillmatic

I just got done watching the 1up show, are they serious?

It seems to me they don't like a shooter that involves thinking.

Also the point they made about not really liking to earn classes/weapons (silly in itself imo, i find it very rewarding), and being at a disadvantage against snipers, feeling it's near imposable to pick a sniper off with your standard rifle, that seems a bit odd to me. I often do it, all that's required is you kneel and fire in short bursts, your starting rifle becomes very accurate.

skulpt

1UP talks trash with Killzone 2 because they want to work for Epic or Bungie on their next projects and get a real job. LOL

The guy honestly sucks. Not sure how he can review games when he's that bad. That's like my grandma doing reviews for a car review magazine. Learn to play you idiot and then judge. LOL

skulpt said:
1UP talks trash with Killzone 2 because they want to work for Epic or Bungie on their next projects and get a real job. LOL

The guy honestly sucks. Not sure how he can review games when he's that bad. That's like my grandma doing reviews for a car review magazine. Learn to play you idiot and then judge. LOL

It's an exclusive PS3 game and David Ellis.

You do the math.

The amount of hyperbole he'll spew over Gears meanwhile downplaying the SHIT out of Killzone 2 is just completely disgusting.

gantz85

Banned
skulpt said:

1UP's attitude towards making in-jokes about their alleged partisanship (see Garnett on 1UPYours) sometimes goes too far. If they want to take editorial integrity seriously, they ned to behave seriously and make clear cut announcements again and again about their non-bias. This also seriously involves a consideration and concession about the possibility of being biased; which in their infantile state (and the general infantile state of the industry) is not going to happen.

It's really funny to see KZ2 and other games get trashed and Gears 2 go unscathed, but hey, I think Gears 2 is purty fucken good myself. I also think that R2 did not deliver enough in single-player.

Speaking of David Ellis, you can tell when he's playing. The first part of the segment the player actually goes behind cover and shoots pretty accurately from far away (and Ellis was complaining about not being able to shoot from far away...ironic) so that's not him. I guess itw as the other guy who was talking about the game. However, later on in the segment the player moves the retical very statically. He almost moves the gun in huge leaps. Now that's Ellis.

Watching 1up Show now - blatant bias is disgusting and it's a sad realization that this industry is fueled by this kind of proprietary journalism...as someone mentioned earlier a few pages back - all these complaints are influenced by one's skill - you aren't going to like the controls, or even get used to the controls if you don't play.

To think some of these "journalists" can cut down 4+ years of dedication and intense work on Guerillas part is frustrating as hell.

Game looks so amazing - cannot wait for February. So what's the word on the beta? Is there official word on when it ends?

GAZERK said:
Speaking of David Ellis, you can tell when he's playing. The first part of the segment the player actually goes behind cover and shoots pretty accurately from far away (and Ellis was complaining about not being able to shoot from far away...ironic) so that's not him. I guess itw as the other guy who was talking about the game. However, later on in the segment the player moves the retical very statically. He almost moves the gun in huge leaps. Now that's Ellis.

The player is named "GVDAVID" in those beginning videos (and maybe throughout the entire thing, but I wasn't paying attention.

Private Hoffman said:
The amount of hyperbole he'll spew over Gears meanwhile downplaying the SHIT out of Killzone 2 is just completely disgusting.

No, what's disgusting is the way everyone is personally attacking David. If you have problems with his opinions, fine, but ad hominem attacks are tacky and uncalled for.

You're better than this, guys.

Jack Scofield said:
The player is named "GVDAVID" in those beginning videos (and maybe throughout the entire thing, but I wasn't paying attention.

No, what's disgusting is the way everyone is personally attacking David. If you have problems with his opinions, fine, but ad hominem attacks are tacky and uncalled for.

You're better than this, guys.

Who has personally attacked him though?

Private Hoffman said:
Who has personally attacked him though?

I'm not going to make a catalog of posts, but you know as well as I do that a lot of people have been saying some pretty shitty things about David, things irrelevant to the actual Killzone 2 discussion.

I mean, just read through the 1UP Show thread and you'll find more than enough examples.

Jack Scofield said:
I'm not going to make a catalog of posts, but you know as well as I do that a lot of people have been saying some pretty shitty things about David, things irrelevant to the actual Killzone 2 discussion.

I mean, just read through the 1UP Show thread and you'll find more than enough examples.

Hey David, how are you tonight.:lol

Stillmatic

During the show (forgot who) said GG are aiming for realism in the controls and he didn't like that approach. The problem here is that they actually work well with this game and in this games world. If you're reluctant to adapt to the controls, the problem is that you're reluctant to adapting to the controls. :lol It only took me a couple of hours, it felt slow at first, but then it just clicked, and now i honestly look at console shooters differently.

They've created one of the most realistic game environments here, and some want the controls to feel like you're controlling a toy soldier? They would have been knocked for that, guaranteed. It wouldn't look or feel right.

I think they nailed the controls, it fits in really well with the game, it feels like you're in control of a soldier and only adds to the immersion for me.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but the official Killzone site is receiving a makeover also (the official PS site will be also, but that's been known)

M503 ERROR:
KILLZONE COMMAND CENTER UNAVAILABLE

Communications with the Command Center are down! Our technicians are working around the clock to re-establish contact. This may be the result of a Helghast attack, or the fact that the website has recently received a complete overhaul. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have the Killzone Command Center back online as soon as possible.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/

Rikyfree

Found this on gametrailers. Credit to Wargeneral for bestowing this awesome piece of impressions from the single player if true, gonna black it out for spoilers sake. Correct me if old, then I'll just delete it.

WarGeneral said: I was one of the few lucky bastards who got invited to Holland to playtest Killzone 2. I had sit on a plane for about 9 hours, but when I stepped of the plane, headed into the office building, and picked up the controller, I didn't want to leave.

I'm under the NDA here so I'll be precise without giving anything "Away". First off lets cut the bullshit. Do not EVER compare COD4 to KZ2. The Latter rapes the shit out of it. Are we good? No more? Yes? No? Maybe so? Ok now.

I pick up my controller, and I start seeing some of the most beautiful art I've seen. (And I'm not talking about gaming I'm talking art in GENERAL). The Games attention to detail is so good, when you stop sprinting you can fucking see the SWEAT ON HIS HANDS DRY UP. Now we get to the action. The action was some of the most epic kick ass, moments in gaming. IF killzones last six missions are like the First, this may become an instant classic. First of the Helghast look good, and there fucking smart. They will chase you when your reloading, flank you, when you don't expect, your allies are actually useful, (Hell they've saved my ass a few times).

The death animations....Jesus....I snuck up on a guy and shot in the back of the head a magnum just to see what he'd do. The dude not only reached for it slowly like he was trying to see if it was there, but the blood actaully stained his fucking clothes, and blood flew down on the ground untill the appropiate force stopped it. You think Linear levels are now shit now? Play the third mission and you'll be wishing Far Cry 2 was Linear.

Now I get to the end and then OMG Mech comes out of fucking nowhere and kills a squad member, and you have to take this bitch out. I was stuck and I couldn't figure out how to beat him. (YEs it's the same Mech from the trailer.) EVERY time I died it changed it's strategy, and I couldn't figure it out, as it never repeated itself.

It's not without it's problems (But if I told you them it would give away WAY too much of the game. One of them is the weather is overpowered. You'll find out what I mean on Dec 4th. My mouth stays shut till then. Happy killing. Run along back to your betas kiddies :p. I'm gonna go Helghast hunting. I need a new trophy. Killzone is here, and it will stay in your PS3 for a LOOOOOOONNNNNG time.

Sounds bloody fantastic.

kenta

Has no PEINS
SolidSnakex said:
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but the official Killzone site is receiving a makeover also (the official PS site will be also, but that's been known)

http://www.killzone.com/kz/
That's referring to the makeover that happened earlier this year

Kind of a shame since they need another makeover to get rid of the ridiculous Flash and horrible forum software. And the load times. Sweet Moses the load times

madmook said:
David has a gaf name: lybertyboy

It's really sad and transparent watching his Gears 2 impressions on the previous 1up Show and then contrast them to his Killzone 2 impressions in the latest one.

Seriously? It sounds as though he can only talk about negatives in his KZ2 impressions, meanwhile Gears 2 is nothing but positive.

Talk about TRYING. TOO. HARD.

Private Hoffman said:
It's an exclusive PS3 game and David Ellis.

You do the math.

The thing that bothers me about David is he just comes off so arrogant.

Rikyfree said:
Found this on gametrailers. Credit to Wargeneral for bestowing this awesome piece of impressions from the single player, gonna black it out for spoilers sake. Correct me if old, then I'll just delete it.

WarGeneral said: I was one of the few lucky bastards who got invited to Holland to playtest Killzone 2. I had sit on a plane for about 9 hours, but when I stepped of the plane, headed into the office building, and picked up the controller, I didn't want to leave.

I'm under the NDA here so I'll be precise without giving anything "Away". First off lets cut the bullshit. Do not EVER compare COD4 to KZ2. The Latter rapes the shit out of it. Are we good? No more? Yes? No? Maybe so? Ok now.

I pick up my controller, and I start seeing some of the most beautiful art I've seen. (And I'm not talking about gaming I'm talking art in GENERAL). The Games attention to detail is so good, when you stop sprinting you can fucking see the SWEAT ON HIS HANDS DRY UP. Now we get to the action. The action was some of the most epic kick ass, moments in gaming. IF killzones last six missions are like the First, this may become an instant classic. First of the Helghast look good, and there fucking smart. They will chase you when your reloading, flank you, when you don't expect, your allies are actually useful, (Hell they've saved my ass a few times).

The death animations....Jesus....I snuck up on a guy and shot in the back of the head a magnum just to see what he'd do. The dude not only reached for it slowly like he was trying to see if it was there, but the blood actaully stained his fucking clothes, and blood flew down on the ground untill the appropiate force stopped it. You think Linear levels are now shit now? Play the third mission and you'll be wishing Far Cry 2 was Linear.

Now I get to the end and then OMG Mech comes out of fucking nowhere and kills a squad member, and you have to take this bitch out. I was stuck and I couldn't figure out how to beat him. (YEs it's the same Mech from the trailer.) EVERY time I died it changed it's strategy, and I couldn't figure it out, as it never repeated itself.

It's not without it's problems (But if I told you them it would give away WAY too much of the game. One of them is the weather is overpowered. You'll find out what I mean on Dec 4th. My mouth stays shut till then. Happy killing. Run along back to your betas kiddies :p. I'm gonna go Helghast hunting. I need a new trophy. Killzone is here, and it will stay in your PS3 for a LOOOOOOONNNNNG time.

Sound bloody fantastic.

Ummm..Holy fu@#$ you guys reading this?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
gantz85 said:
they ned to [...] make clear cut announcements again and again about their non-bias.

Ah, the great legal principle of guilty until they prove themselves innocent beyond a reasonable doubt... ;)... sigh :(...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BruceLeeRoy said:
Ummm..Holy fu@#$ you guys reading this?
I posted this already in another thread, but I actually wanted to post it here. Basically, I got to see some HD videos of SP, played by someone who really knows how to play FPS games well, and with this game it was almost like watching a war movie. It's just ridiculous, the way everything animates and moves, it doesn't seem like a typical game at all, where the gun looks like it just glides around.

Even though it was mostly footage of the levels we've seen, seeing someone who doesn't suck at playing, the quality of the video and the graphics and animation in them, really make for something very impressive. For what it's worth, I never found any of the MP footage all that impressive or interesting to look at (I pretty much never find MP footage impressive in any game btw), but SP was just a whole other thing. I didn't pay attention to drying sweaty hands :-D (but I can take another look) but believe it or not, they improved the graphics even further from the last time they showed it - some things were very visibly improved actually. I think December 4 will make a lot of people happy.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Lord Error said:
I posted this already in another thread, but I actually wanted to post it here. Basically, I got to see some HD videos of SP, played by someone who really knows how to play FPS games well, and with this game it was almost like watching a war movie. It's just ridiculous, the way everything animates and moves, it doesn't seem like a typical game at all, where the gun looks like it just glides around.

Even though it was mostly footage of the levels we've seen, seeing someone who doesn't suck at playing, the quality of the video and the graphics and animation in them, really make for something very impressive. For what it's worth, I never found any of the MP footage all that impressive or interesting to look at (I pretty much never find MP footage impressive in any game btw), but SP was just a whole other thing. I didn't pay attention to drying sweaty hands :-D (but I can take another look) but believe it or not, they improved the graphics even further from the last time they showed it - some things were very visibly improved actually. I think December 4 will make a lot of people happy.
You and Wollan? Where are these leaks coming from?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Pro-Tip: Since this is the internet, don't believe everything you read by random people on random forums

Wollan

Yeah the one section he described there doesn't exist I believe. You could cross reference that with a guy who played through the whole game, not just preview version (NDA'd playtest) who leaked a bit of info a couple of weeks ago.

mr_nothin

Banned
liquidspeed said:
believe what? IM missing the origonal refrence.... btw Tempy, I was just in a 39 player game somehow LOL.
I was just using Tempy's pro-tip against him. Just a joke.

And I've been in a 37 player match before somehow.

mr_nothin said:
I was just using Tempy's pro-tip against him. Just a joke.

And I've been in a 37 player match before somehow.
yeah they need to fix this... in those matches the framerate drops to about 15 fps LOL

Clinton514

Lord Error said:

My goodness I shouldn't have read any of this. :lol

Stillmatic said:
I just got done watching the 1up show, are they serious?

It seems to me they don't like a shooter that involves thinking.

Also the point they made about not really liking to earn classes/weapons (silly in itself imo, i find it very rewarding), and being at a disadvantage against snipers, feeling it's near imposable to pick a sniper off with your standard rifle, that seems a bit odd to me. I often do it, all that's required is you kneel and fire in short bursts, your starting rifle becomes very accurate.

Is 1up they hate any PS3 shooter is if the game is not 3rd person get cover they don't like it,i don't even go there any more i think they are not very professional when it comes to the PS3 and its shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom