• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Long day at work, all i wanna do is play DriveClub...

9s83AGt.jpg

The fact they're not accepting refunds for a game STILL fundamentally broken is shameful

I've given up trying multiplayer at the moment. I did get a few games before the latest patch but give up trying now. Takes over 10 times to maybe get a multiplayer game and then it's bugged as hell.

Been doing some more leaderboard attacks... man, I fall in love with this game more and more each time I play it. The driving is so, so satisfying. My goodness... I'll post some times for y'all real soon. :D

Shaneus

Despite DCs' leaderboards now seemingly becoming functional, I can't believe non of my times from my original playthrough are appearing on the leaderboards, only new times that I'm setting now appear on them!

Sucks big time, especially as the game clearly keeps local records of the previous times set, for example on the venom hot lap, my current leaderboard time set last night was 1.15.6ish, yet the OSD during the race shows my personal best as being a 1.15.3ish which was set a couple of weeks ago, but has never appeared on the leaderboards.
I noticed a bunch of stuff I'd done didn't count towards my final tallies, either. For all of the early accolades like hot hatches and such, it showed only one race had been completed. I know I wasn't in a club then, but it still should've updated all the other statistics.

Bit bummed about that, means I have to do a bunch of bottom-tier TTs to get some low-spec kms up.

Edit: Japan? God damn yes. New news new thread, or will it likely just get filled up with crap?

Caffer

Neo Member
Wtf the last 2 days this game has become unplayable... Full of ppl trying to crash into you even when they try to surpass... And I'm Not even counting when i have to surpass someone.. They knock me out immediately.. Where s the fairplay?? Evo should do something when the online is fixed..

dano1

A Sheep
Wtf the last 2 days this game has become unplayable... Full of ppl trying to crash into you even when they try to surpass... And I'm Not even counting when i have to surpass someone.. They knock me out immediately.. Where s the fairplay?? Evo should do something when the online is fixed..

It's either race or deathrace and I'm enjoying both!
I start out driving clean until it's obvious someone has bad intentions! And then my mission is to take them out!! And that's a whole new level of fun:).

I believe EVO said they will have a option to set up your own lobbies with a future update.

VMAN01

Yeah this german only cars playlist can fuck off now. There's tonnes of German cars and they limited it to like 4 of them? Why even bother...

Its such a pity this games launch has been a massive mess and seems to be taking forever to sort out. There is a really fun and super pretty racing game in there somewhere!

So the Norwegian Lightweight series was the toughest for me thus far - I did manage 6 stars in the end, but man the Atom blows away the BAC Mono in a straight line. I did it with the Mono, but took a bit of time.
Yeah, the second race in particular was crazy hard for me, at least in the Atom. The only stars I have left are the next 6 star event, the 9 star legend trophy, and of course the infamous Venom hot lap. I tried the hot lap once, but only got one star. Will have to roll up my sleeves for that one--and probably watch some clips online to improve my strategy.

Watch the clip I made of the Atom. Might help you out a bit bro.
Thanks, man! I should have checked out clips earlier. Anyone know if you can see other peoples' ghosts in the game? Someone else seemed to allude to that but they never answered my question.

Shaneus

So the Norwegian Lightweight series was the toughest for me thus far - I did manage 6 stars in the end, but man the Atom blows away the BAC Mono in a straight line. I did it with the Mono, but took a bit of time.
I thought it was great with the Mono! Like you said, with the Atom blowing the Mono away in the straight line, you really have to exploit the Mono's handling for everything it's worth.

I didn't find that series the most difficult, but I did find it the most rewarding.

CLEEK

The fact they're not accepting refunds for a game STILL fundamentally broken is shameful

What region are you? If you're in the US, you should just keep trying. Refund requests seem to arbitrary based on the whims of the support person you're dealing with.

I got a refund for the digital version on my US PSN account. It took two attempts of asking on Sony's Chat Support. First dude denied me, second dude put through my refund request no questions asked. 3 days later, the money was back in my PSN wallet.

The game is fundamentally broken. I can't understand how anyone could say otherwise. The whole social/multiplayer/Club part doesn't work.

#DRIVECLUB

The game is fundamentally broken. I can't understand how anyone could say otherwise.

#DRIVECLUB

They actually played it.

15 hour Tour mode with 55 tracks all playable right away offline with day/night cycles, Time Trials, customizable races and drift mode. All work fine

Seems like the title name is more important to you than the actual content in the game itself.

JesseDeya

Banned
Has anyone ever seen challenges work?

They have been greyed out in the menu (both tour and club) ever since launch for me.

Just wondering how I'm seeing them on track and not able to issue any myself.

CLEEK

They actually played it.

15 hour Tour mode with 55 tracks all playable right away offline with day/night cycles, Time Trials, customizable races and drift mode. All work fine

Seems like the title name is more important to you than the actual content in the game itself.

The online/social aspect were the very USP of the game. The game sold is not the game advertised. As a product, it is defective and not fit for purpose. I didn't buy Driveclub to play a purely offline racer.

It would be like buying Halo MCC and finding none of the PvP or co-op stuff works, and after a month, MS doing a formal PR saying the fix has no date in sight. "Hey, look at all the great offline modes. Stop whining about multiplayer and just play the campaign. Nothing is wrong here".

hamchan

I'd say "fundamentally broken" is a fair enough description since the online and community aspects are the main hooks of the game that differentiates if from all the other racing games out there. Without it working properly it does feel like a huge chunk of the game is missing.

pixelbox

I'd say "fundamentally broken" is a fair enough description since the online and community aspects are the main hooks of the game that differentiates if from all the other racing games out there. Without it working properly it does feel like a huge chunk of the game is missing.
Just like midnight club has club in the name, oh wait. Eventually all online games will lose it's online portions, so you better have a good core game.

krioto

The online portion - i.e. multiplayer, is now working, and has been for me for the last week. We are still awaiting the Challenges to be activated.

I'm not trying to diminish the problems that we've been having, or some are still having - its been less than ideal (understatement!), yet to say it's fundamentally broken is perhaps a step too far.

EVO

I'm just past Semi-Pro and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to see if the Venom Hot Lap is as hard as you guys make it out to be.

Caffer

Neo Member
Call Sony directly, I did that in the US and got my full $50 this morning. The studio greenlit refunds for the server issues according to the gentleman I spoke to so try mentioning that.
How does the refund thing work on psn? They give you back the money on psn wallet and lock the game?

ColEx

Are the tour races tied in with the global leader boards? I wanted to check who got the fastest time for a pacific tour race, but in the top 50 it shows people using different cars. This is not the leader board i am looking for....

CLEEK

How does the refund thing work on psn? They give you back the money on psn wallet and lock the game?

The chat support guy told me that once I'd been refunded (yeah, the money goes back into your PSN wallet) the game would be removed from my download list and automatically deleted from my PS4.

In reality, the game didn't get deleted (and I can still play it) and it's still there in my download list and library. I don't even know if it's technically possible for Sony to delete games from your console.

webkatt

Is there any update on the PS+ version? The last I heard was that the game had some issues with servers and was delayed.

Jimrpg

Is there any update on the PS+ version? The last I heard was that the game had some issues with servers and was delayed.

There was no mention of it in the PS Plus EU update yesterday, except its ready when its ready, so sounds like its going to be a while.

I can't believe the multiplayer doesn't work still. That's brutal.

So the multiplayer (racing against others) doesn't work, or is it just every now and then?

I know the challenge section is still greyed out. :(

Hackbert

Are the tour races tied in with the global leader boards? I wanted to check who got the fastest time for a pacific tour race, but in the top 50 it shows people using different cars. This is not the leader board i am looking for....

in the top 50 view, you can change the used car. choose the car you drove, and you can compare yourself.

So the multiplayer (racing against others) doesn't work, or is it just every now and then?

I know the challenge section is still greyed out. :(
It works. You will occasionally get an error trying to go into a lobby but you just try again.

Face Offs also appear. And downloaded ghosts also work well and pull down much more promptly now.

Leaderboards update with some degree of quickness and Club Accolades now function.

Gone too is the struggle to even get connected on the menu.

The only aspect that is not functional is Challenges.

Melchiah

I thought it was great with the Mono! Like you said, with the Atom blowing the Mono away in the straight line, you really have to exploit the Mono's handling for everything it's worth.

I didn't find that series the most difficult, but I did find it the most rewarding.

Just unlocked BAC Mono last night when I reached the club level 10, and it controls like a dream. Managed to beat two Atoms on a single race event, when I did exactly what you described.

freefornow

Gold Member

Driveclub's PS Plus Edition may not yet have a release date, but Sony remains committed to releasing its long-delayed free version of Evolution's racer.

"We apologise that the game is not yet ready to launch," said Sony's PS Store and Plus Content manager Chris Howe on the PlayStation Blog. "We want you to know that we're committed to providing Driveclub PS Plus Edition to members when it's ready, and the team at Evolution Studios is working hard to make it a reality."

"We will still add Driveclub to the PS Plus line up when it becomes available."

Previously many thought Driveclub's PS Plus Edition had been cancelled following a statement by Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida that it had been put on hold "until further notice."

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...mitted-to-providing-driveclub-ps-plus-edition

It works. You will occasionally get an error trying to go into a lobby but you just try again.

Face Offs also appear. And downloaded ghosts also work well and pull down much more promptly now.

Leaderboards update with some degree of quickness and Club Accolades now function.

Gone too is the struggle to even get connected on the menu.

The only aspect that is not functional is Challenges.

Yeah this is my experience too. There some minor connection issues for me the last few days but 90% of the time it worked perfectly to connect to MP races. I wish they would offer a larger variation of events or switch them up more often - the last couple of days I must've done 50+ races on the same few tracks with only german cars and, while still fun, some variation would've been nice.

Famassu

they really should've factored time into the drift events, or made it so that scores were dumped if there's a car reset/drop below a certain speed

there's no reason to compete with people on the scoreboard when they all cheat the system by turning themselves around before the sector's end - ruins the whole mode
How would that even help? You can't drive too much backwards before it resets to a point ahead and you can't really even get all that much speed for any/much drift/speed points even if you can go back a little bit. At least it will require fucktons of patience to get huge scores that way.

Melchiah

Yes. And sometimes you see events, register and it laughs in your face.

But you wait, try again and it works. Just a matter of patience.

Thus it isn't fundamentally broken. Fundamentally broken would be it doesn't work, at all.

Exactly. I'm tired of the hyperbole, considering I've played the game for hours, and driven over 1000km. Granted, I prefer to play against AI instead of random players online, so the improperly working multiplayer doesn't bother me, but it isn't like you can't play and enjoy the game regardless of the problems. I'm only missing the ability to create challenges and change my club badge, but those are minor things for me.

Caffer

Neo Member
The chat support guy told me that once I'd been refunded (yeah, the money goes back into your PSN wallet) the game would be removed from my download list and automatically deleted from my PS4.

In reality, the game didn't get deleted (and I can still play it) and it's still there in my download list and library. I don't even know if it's technically possible for Sony to delete games from your console.

LOL in that case i'd try it, but i don't feel like risking DC to get blocked..

Nyx

MP races work 7 out of 10 times here I guess, but only if I enter them on my own.

When I want to join a MP race with 1-2 buddies, it never works, there's always 1-2 people that don't get into the race.
Till it does we now just pick a single event time trial, one person picks the track and car and we start it at the same time and compare our times afterwards, this is also very cool to do imo.

Presumably you'll get the licence error next time it verifies itself.

panty

Exactly the same for me - infuriating

Huh? Pls fix what? Your post is confusing my small brain? It sounds like things are working?

Reading comprehension. Posts above that post,

Exactly the same for me - infuriating

No matter what I try to do with it, when I go to Save, it starts Connecting to servers and is there forever. It never goes away from that state. I have to close the whole game from the OS. Yes I still have the original badge.
Apparently forgot to write 'CAN'T' instead of 'can' in relation to changing the club colour ;)

I can change the club color.

i-Lo

Currently on the Legend phase of the Tour and the AI and the suddenly increased sensitivity of the penalty system is absolutely infuriating. It seems the player is the only one who gets penalized for transgression; I have been rammed off track countless times by the motostorm AI without avail.

Such gross injustice. Evolution needs a patch to remedy this tedium.

Melchiah

No matter what I try to do with it, when I go to Save, it starts Connecting to servers and is there forever. It never goes away from that state. I have to close the whole game from the OS. Yes I still have the original badge.

I've got the same problem. The annoying thing is, that there's no way to stop it trying to connect the serves, but to quit the game altogether. Oddly enough, changing the club car paint worked just fine.

JP

They wouldn't be able to delete the game but they wouldn't need to do that to stop people playing it. It's all down to them revoking your license for the game and it'll lock it on your PS4. You may have got lucky (hopefully) but I'd say make the most of it I wouldn't be too surprised if you boot up the PS4 sometime and find the game has a lock icon in it. Enjoy it while you can though. ;)

Top Bottom