• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

I feel like I'm way behind. I've got my main Hunter that finally crossed the 29 threshold last night but my two alts are only levels 2 and 7 (Hunter and Warlock). I've only beat the normal Raid once with only two prior attempts and not one hard attempt at all. Working ~11 hours a day minus weekends doesn't help me any.

What's the best way to farm for money?

Pop a blue polyphage. Go to the Citadel location on Venus (where you have to scan the small conflux for the Eye of the Gatekeeper mission). It should have a couple of yellow minataurs plus tons of constantly respawning Vex. Let them have it and reap your precious glimmer.

I'm freezing my ass off here while waiting for the bus. DestinyGAF, share with me your iron banner victories as I await for this bus in this godforsaken cold.
Winter doesn't come until April, don't lie!
I miss GoT :(
Still haven't watched the cinematic, but Urk's posts in the gaming side thread have certainly whetted my appetite. He refers to what you see as "one of Crota's forms." o_o

practice cautious optimism; don't get your hopes up. I expect the narrative in The Dark Below to be barely there, let alone high quality. If it overcomes these abysmal expectations, so much the better!
Whoa, really? Hope he has a wild transformation. I still remember when Urk was just a regular poster on GAF and bungle frequented the old Halo threads and ended up hiring him or rather, discovered him based on his posts here. Keep up the good work Hawkian, maybe one day you can work for Bungle!

I'm so tired of losing in IB with low-levels, that it's gotten to the point I immediately back out if someone is below 27.

Shit is not fun losing 10 games in a row.

Zocano

I was hoping Crota would be a MASSIVE knight in the bowels of the Hellmouth.

All of the chains throughout the caves are all there to keep him chained down and destroying everything.

edit: Like Godzilla sized.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So here's a thing.

When I realized yesterday that I'm in serious striking distance of completing my Exotic Weapons collection in advance of The Dark Below, I got off on a little tangent of trying to track it all more systematically. Just sort of kept going from there... so I figured I'd share the result with all of you in case anyone was interested.

I'm not the type to make spreadsheets for games, but the "gotta catch 'em all" set in hard and fast for me with this one. So, this is my DestinyDex.
ibmJK124J5c2bU.jpg
iejS1KjZxT4UY.jpg
irdXwD8bT5G19.jpg
ibxSmHOTecLWxY.jpg
I made tabs for the Weekly activities, an Exotic Weapons checklist, Exotic Armor checklist, and one for any legendaries you might want to add to your collection (sections for Raid and Event gear as well as write-ins for things you know you want). You can relabel the character numbers with the classes or however you like for easy tracking.

If you'd like your own, here's the Google Docs link.

It won't be editable from there, you'll need to sign in and make your own copy:
ipJOFeLE99BiU.gif

Then, to check something off that you've obtained or done, click the little corner arrow and click the check mark.
iA5EN6akNdu4X.gif

To remove one (such as to clear the first tab after a weekly reset), just highlight those cells and hit Delete.

GifCam is fun

I plan to update this doc with the new stuff coming out as well. Hope it's of use to at least somebody else out there!

NeOak

I was hoping Crota would be a MASSIVE knight in the bowels of the Hellmouth.

All of the chains throughout the caves are all there to keep him chained down and destroying everything.

edit: Like Godzilla sized.

That sounds more like Hodor than Godzilla.

Deku Tree

So here's a thing.

When I realized yesterday that I'm in serious striking distance of completing my Exotic Weapons collection in advance of The Dark Below, I got off on a little tangent of trying to track it all more systematically. Just sort of kept going from there... so I figured I'd share the result with all of you in case anyone was interested.

I'm not the type to make spreadsheets for games, but the "gotta catch 'em all" set in hard and fast for me with this one. So, this is my DestinyDex.

I made tabs for the Weekly activities, an Exotic Weapons checklist, Exotic Armor checklist, and one for any legendaries you might want to add to your collection (sections for Raid and Event gear as well as write-ins for things you know you want). You can relabel the character numbers with the classes or however you like for easy tracking.

ipJOFeLE99BiU.gif

Then, to check something off that you've obtained or done, click the little corner arrow and click the check mark.
iA5EN6akNdu4X.gif

To remove one (such as to clear the first tab after a weekly reset), just highlight those cells and hit Delete.

GifCam is fun

I plan to update this doc with the new stuff coming out as well. Hope it's of use to at least somebody else out there!

Wow. That's cool. I didn't realze how much stuff I have until I looked at your list.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian that's amazing. You have saved me the trouble of having to make such a checklist myself.
ahhaha well I'm glad, that's what I was going for. basically ran into that dilemma, I wanted an exotic weapons checklist on google docs and couldn't find one, so I was like maybe I'll just make one, and then I realized other people might be in the same position and then I thought well there's other stuff too...

soocloooose....

coy

Does the safe spot in the Sepktis Prime spot in the room to the left still work?

Ugh I fucking hate light switch.

3 NF completed with the strategy. Just watch out for Sepiks when he teleports upclose as we almost wiped with him blasting two of us in the room through the window, perhaps splash damage I am unsure. Also just keep an eye out on the bottom floor and you'll be dandy.

spyder_ur

Looking to do Weekly 28. RedViperN7 for invite. PS4.

Yo I'm at the door to Sepiks. Wanna join. I think you're on my friends list - spyder_ur.

Edit: That goes for anyone else who wants the coins. I'll wait a few minutes.

Last call - room for one more.

Yo I'm at the door to Sepiks. Wanna join. I think you're on my friends list - spyder_ur.

Edit: That goes for anyone else who wants the coins. I'll wait a few minutes.

Last call - room for one more.

joining if youre still there or need one.

edit: well now I feel bad but thanks for the easy coins! I think I fired a few shots before it ended.

LordofPwn

So here's a thing.

ipJOFeLE99BiU.gif

iA5EN6akNdu4X.gif

GifCam is fun

*silently deleted several excel documents*

kilongs

So, is there any point in keeping separate weapon inventories for each character. Been struggling a little with my inventory, and I started to realize that I could probably just keep the best-of-the-best. Plus, I would be saving on the ascendant things trying to upgrade all these weapons. The process of vaulting everything to pass on to the next character I play would be a little annoying, but probably worth it. Is there any disadvantages to this?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
No info on exotics.

Geez, this is beyond absurd at this point.

Deej "We'll talk about exotics this Thursday"

Thursday comes, no talk about exotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom