• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

kubricks

Should've went with the ps3 version, it looks awesome and runs perfectly :p

Makes perfect sense! I just need to buy a PS3 for it haha.
I have two kids so handheld is the only thing that make gaming possible, I have no other choices.

BTW, I actually regret carrying the GB1 save to GB2, way too many parts to handle off the bet.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So vita should control just about the same? Thanks for the info I'm going to import this and struggle through the japanese. I know a lil hiragana but that's about it lol.

vita controls are a little different for some features but the standard basic controls are the same.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Damn, challenge missions are harder than I thought. I've tried to get S rank in the second one 3 times in a row but ended up with As. :(

Parakeetman

Damn, challenge missions are harder than I thought. I've tried to get S rank in the second one 3 times in a row but ended up with As. :(

i got an s on that one first crack, but the normal missions cant get an s on defending the ship not sure what im doing wrong since ship has not taken too much damage (´д`|||)

Hagi

This game is so much fun :D

Can't wait to get some more parts and level up. I think i'm going to spend a lot of time just mucking around in the editor getting the colors right, love that it even has different materials like the fugly chrome they use for Hyaku kits lol

Hagi

How's the language barrier?

I know absolutely zero Japanese and I'm doing fine as of now. A lot of it is common sense and some of the options have a little English that points you in the right direction for things like editing your MS.

I'll more than likely look to a guide or people here or on /m for help with special missions and requirements.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Planning on getting this in the future, but what carries over from GB1 to GB2?
All parts. They aren't that strong though and they're converted to level 0. I think you need quite rare stuff to level them up.

I'm loving the gameplay in GB2. 1 felt quite Dynasty Warrior-ish, in a bad sense. Here the sheer amount of combos you can do makes for really fun fights.
They've even added (?) shield attacks! For example the one I'm currently using allows for an axe bash straight from blocking. So awesome.

All parts. They aren't that strong though and they're converted to level 0. I think you need quite rare stuff to level them up.

I'm loving the gameplay in GB2. 1 felt quite Dynasty Warrior-ish, in a bad sense. Here the sheer amount of combos you can do makes for really fun fights.
They've even added (?) shield attacks! For example the one I'm currently using allows for an axe bash straight from blocking. So awesome.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Kysen

Never touched online in the first game(Vita), but tried it out on ps3 today. Zero lag from the UK, even though the ping bar was red. Ended up playing for 5 hours straight. Seems you get way more gunpla parts online in a group. Levelled up my strike into freedom and started spamming beams :)

I'm starting to see hints of the unbalanced damage in missions again. You quickly reach missions where no matter how much you've updated a suit it cant do enough or take enough damage. For example I had the full strike gundam and hit a wall on that desert canyon stage. Simply upgrading parts to freedom saw massive life and damage boosts

muteki

Is the between-mission organization the same as in the first game?

Run around a hanger to a terminal, pick what mission you want etc?

I never finished the first, getting good parts took too long and inevitably the best unit I could make at any point in time looked like a jumbled mess.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was finally able to make double sabers after that super long canyon survival mission (seriously? 27 minutes?).
They are stupidly powerful, allowing me to clear the second challenge mission in maybe 2 minutes and yet I just can't get rank S there. Once I even did a 9999 point combo - nothing, still A.
Speaking of combos, ace points for one bonus seem to cap at 9999, so it's best to stop attacking for a while not to lose any.
olyZXD5.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just to make sure, there's no local multi correct?
Yes.
Is the between-mission organization the same as in the first game?

Run around a hanger to a terminal, pick what mission you want etc?

I never finished the first, getting good parts took too long and inevitably the best unit I could make at any point in time looked like a jumbled mess.
Hub area works the same way, but you don't have to walk around so much, because all the panels are near each other.

Bebpo

Banned
So I haven't played this series and I typically stay away from Gundam action games because they tend to play like shovelware (Vs series and One Year Way, not counted).

When people say this is fun...how's the actual action gameplay? I mean obviously movement and combat isn't going to feel as good as Extreme Vs., but is it least a good action game?

Haven't imported a game in a long time, but might go for this.

Parakeetman

Coolio, gonna grab the Vita version now. It'll be good putzing around with it on the sofa while the gf rocks Dragon Age. :)

:D The vita version looks pretty good too when playing on the Vita and personally no major problems with how it runs. Am on my 2k PSV.

------

Op updated with names

So I haven't played this series and I typically stay away from Gundam action games because they tend to play like shovelware (Vs series and One Year Way, not counted).

When people say this is fun...how's the actual action gameplay? I mean obviously movement and combat isn't going to feel as good as Extreme Vs., but is it least a good action game?

Haven't imported a game in a long time, but might go for this.

Its actually quite good and the combat can be varied with all the extra equipment / skills you have at your disposal. Game does ramp up the difficulty which will make the combat feel more challenging too. You know this is one of the better gundam games. I have not had this much fun with an action gundam game since, Extreme Vs. with gundam GAF, and the previous PSP ones.

After I take care of some other stuff will record new footage.

Just to make sure, there's no local multi correct?

Local multi as in ad-hoc? Since the game should support that and with online. Though if you mean like crossplay then yeah that does not seem to be supported. D:

Bebpo

Banned
:D The vita version looks pretty good too when playing on the Vita and personally no major problems with how it runs. Am on my 2k PSV.

------

Op updated with names

Its actually quite good and the combat can be varied with all the extra equipment / skills you have at your disposal. Game does ramp up the difficulty which will make the combat feel more challenging too. You know this is one of the better gundam games. I have not had this much fun with an action gundam game since, Extreme Vs. with gundam GAF, and the previous PSP ones.

After I take care of some other stuff will record new footage.

Local multi as in ad-hoc? Since the game should support that and with online. Though if you mean like crossplay then yeah that does not seem to be supported. D:

Sounds great! I love Gundam and I love games but I have a hard time putting up with mediocre games so it's great when there's Gundam games that are actually good games as well, Will grab this on PS3.

Was Side Stories worth it btw? I see it's only like $30 on Amazon these days.

Parakeetman

I was finally able to make double sabers after that super long canyon survival mission (seriously? 27 minutes?).
They are stupidly powerful, allowing me to clear the second challenge mission in maybe 2 minutes and yet I just can't get rank S there. Once I even did a 9999 point combo - nothing, still A.
Speaking of combos, ace points for one bonus seem to cap at 9999, so it's best to stop attacking for a while not to lose any.
olyZXD5.png

Its weird since the 2 special clear conditions is have team gauge over 80 or 90? percent and the 2nd one is kill the special enemy. For the 2nd mission.

Im stuck with As on the 3rd and 5 or was it 6th mission. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Got the 5th mission S ranked. :D

Now to go clear the 3rd one out too since think I know what the issue was. Not gaining enough points to get the ACE units to show up.

Parakeetman

Sounds great! I love Gundam and I love games but I have a hard time putting up with mediocre games so it's great when there's Gundam games that are actually good games as well, Will grab this on PS3.

Was Side Stories worth it btw? I see it's only like $30 on Amazon these days.

I think distantmantra can tell you about that one, since he picked it up and did the OT I think.

The early parts in this game will make you feel like its pretty easy, but later on when you advance more that will change so dont worry. :D

As mentioned before this game totally blows the first one away with quality overall. The devs actually really did listen to all the issues the fans had and seemed to address whatever they could with this title.

Acid08

Banned
Haven't played the first yet but this game seems like it was made for me. Shining Gundam is in too....

Might just get the first one for now since it's so much cheaper.

Parakeetman

Haven't played the first yet but this game seems like it was made for me. Shining Gundam is in too....

Might just get the first one for now since it's so much cheaper.

Dont trust me, it will ruin your opinion of the series, thats how not so hot the first one is...in comparison to this one anyways. D: This title is well worth picking up instead even if it costs a little more since the amount of content in this is INSANE.

Oh man I died when I saw the cm that the OT's title is from. xD.

Once I heard that knew had a great OT title lol.

2 questions:

1) if the DLC is free, will players w/out a JP PSN account be able to download it similar to patches?
2) Cross-region multiplayer? Can I play with someone in JP if I'm in the US on a US account?
Thanks for the speedy response :3

Parakeetman

2 questions:

1) if the DLC is free, will players w/out a JP PSN account be able to download it similar to patches?
2) Cross-region multiplayer? Can I play with someone in JP if I'm in the US on a US account?

Not sure if DLC is actual DLC or Patches at the moment, since if its patches then you do not need a JPSN account as that runs separate from the PSN storefront. But if it is actual DLC then you will need a JPSN accout.

I would imagine that if someone in your friends list has the game then you two would be able to play. But since have no tried it with this title as I use a JP account unable to confirm this question for you unfortunately.

Right now though it seems that the game checks online when like for example if you check the in game store for where you can buy MS kits and such, so there is a portion that is reading data off of somewhere. Not sure what happens with that if you use a non JP PSN with the feature. Perhaps someone else who is not using a JPSN account can chime in on that.

Acid08

Banned
Dont trust me, it will ruin your opinion of the series, thats how not so hot the first one is...in comparison to this one anyways. D: This title is well worth picking up instead even if it costs a little more since the amount of content in this is INSANE.

Dang, it's really that much worse? 2 is like twice the price haha. Will probably just wait until I can afford it then.

Parakeetman

Dang, it's really that much worse? 2 is like twice the price haha. Will probably just wait until I can afford it then.

Its lacking a lot of features and you can tell the devs were not totally sure what they wanted to do. But with all the fan feedback and such is what created Gundam Breaker 2.

I just dont want a fellow GAF member to be disappointed with the series by picking up the first title when the 2nd one just has so much more to it which makes it feel like a much more worthy purchase.

The only thing I liked about the first one was that in some ways the fights felt a bit more personal with some of the boss units. Its hard to explain but the higher lv missions and the way the camera worked brought things up a little closer is what it felt like. But still in number 2 when you progress things do get harder and helps bring back some of that feeling.

Though if you really want something to play might as well get the first one, but still with the 2nd out Id say just pony up and pick it up.

When you watch the latest footage Ill be putting up in 30m give or take, it should convince you why the 2nd one will be worth getting lol

2 questions:

Thanks for the speedy response :3

Btw Id say yes you would need a JPSN account if you want any of the extra content, since the online stuff is also tied to the Gundam Perfect Games servers and requires you to be logged onto your JPSN account.

As stated have not tried this with a US account, but thats the message that pops up in regards to needing to be signed into PSN for game content.

Parakeetman

The General Specification/Detail Specification translation from HDKirin: https://mobile.twitter.com/HDKirin/status/545647352455786497

B5KHTTgCcAAf7dk.png

Game is pretty fun so far on the Vita and enjoying the combat. For those who haven't played Breaker 2 before, the battle system feels like a more refined version of the Gundam Battle series on the PSP, but better.

And my PSN is bukkage ^^

Thanks for that info donkey show. :D Ill add it to the OT also. I LOVED the Gundam Battle series, plus the whole powering up the same unit to keep using till it finally gets totally outclassed lol. But went GM melee for the longest time in those titles. That team was highly talented with the Gundam IP thats for sure. They were the same ones that did the macross PSP game too right? Since that thing was INTENSE! Am sad its not on digital download on the JPSN since Id do an thread on it if so showing some of the crazy fights that go on in that title. Esp shooting down all the missiles and such. So good.

I got the pic of the standard PS3 controller so will be editing that one as bannam finally put the controls section up.

Only issue is that they didnt make one for the PSV D:

OT Updated and everyone added to the list along with proper credits for those who contributed. :D

ETC - 30m~ till INTENSE fight vid goes up. Will show why folks should most def get Gundam Breaker 2 if you are a Gunpla / Gundam fan.

Edit 2:
Almost done with the general PS3 controls picture editing.

Its still processing but heres the new footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXSMF9bEOjE

PS3 controls.

Vita one is sorta the same for the most part just with other features being replaced by touch controls.
arN3tRi.png

kubricks

Got used to the frame rate now and see no problem on the Vita.
The first thing that hits me on the GB2 is how much more varity on melee weapon move set. In GB1 all the melee weapin felt similar, differentiate mostly by reach and damage only, in GB2 the movesets are very different, love it.

Tons of fun messing with parts, I think I spent more time fiddling with the color and parts than actually playing the mission.

Carry over parts from GB1, they are all very weak though.

Parakeetman

Got used to the frame rate now and see no problem on the Vita.

Tons of fun messing with parts, I think I spent more time fiddling with the color and parts than actually playing the mission.

Carry over parts from GB1, they are all very weak though.

Thats pretty badass looking.

Im guessing most of the parts are fairly weak till you start upgrading them in the scratch section. But man harvesting the mats takes a while lol. Im still not sure where to find some things reliably. But so much fun just working towards making my own MS :D

I see you and Hasemo are going for the fancy looking stuff. :D Im still sticking with my GM based stuff lol. But wheres my Zudah. D:

Parakeetman

Found this on /m/, a MS development line of scratch build, not sure if complete though.

Holy shit what a mess that is to read.

Im almost tempted to fix that list to make it something readable but at the same time dont want to waste time on it, since its not like we really have that big of a community here. lol. Im surprised that not more of Gundam GAF has shown up.

----

Man I wish there was a keroro gunso colab. Since would turn my MS head into Giroro lol. With how many weapons I have equipped it would make sense too lol.

• GN Missile
  • Chest Missile
  • Head Vulcan
  • Chest Vulcan
  • Shield Rocket
  • Panzerfaust
  • Grenades
That isnt counting my main weapon and beam saber also.

With how the AI is not exactly helpful asides from healing I pretty much loaded up on as much weaponry as possible. Esp things that can break enemy guard, since its a pain in the ass when they keep blocking when I try to melee at times.
GN missiles are a godsend for crowd control to keep the 雑魚 units off of you or thinning out their ranks. The dobergun is fantastic for damage output on bosses, though you only have like 4-5 shots before its needs to recharge. Generally can 1 shot most weak enemy types too. Only hard part is you will need to manually aim it, there is some auto-tracking to an extent when fired near a target so its not as if you need to be 100% lined up before taking the shot. But yeah as mentioned it most def as with all of the "long rifle" types will take some practice to use efficiently.

---

Another new video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-jwwKeJo0

I think Im going to pretty much stick to this unit until BanNam gives my my Zudah so I can finally start building a Zeon Unit.

Man Im gonna have to keep doing runs again the Kampfers as I still have yet to get the shotgun kit that I need to create one.

---

Have all the current Challenge Missions S ranked, am looking forward to more. Since great way to gain parts and materials.

Parakeetman

After playing for 5 hour, this game is a lot more fun than the first one and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much, the devs did an outstanding job at improving almost everything with the title. Its nice too how parts is not a mess and very streamlined. Also all the customization options is just insane.

LMN

Holy shit what a mess that is to read.

Im almost tempted to fix that list to make it something readable but at the same time dont want to waste time on it, since its not like we really have that big of a community here. lol. Im surprised that not more of Gundam GAF has shown up.

----

Man I wish there was a keroro gunso colab. Since would turn my MS head into Giroro lol. With how many weapons I have equipped it would make sense too lol.

I think many of them are just waiting for the game to arrive, e.g me lol. just hope it does not stuck on the custom.
IIRC, there was an interview article with the team after the first GB is released, and they mentioned how they also thinking about SD gundam too, since it not in this one, maybe GB3 lol.
And yeah the list is freaking messy, I searched through the list to find out, if maybe there is a way to use scratch build to develop ms to the DLC one like stargazer, so I can ignore the free dlc mission hassle, cause one must be wonder why unit like turn X or Stargazer is a DLC, since at least part of stargazer (arm part) appeared on the first TGS pv, and Turn X can be access early through the promotion code thingy without waiting for the free DLC mission. Make one wonder for the purpose of free DLC mission and how the DLC unit might already be inside the game.

E.g - Stargazer's arm in the first PV
GB2SG_zps1bbd3ec5.png

Hagi

Mission 6
wtf at suddenly being SD lol

Game is super fun I'm glad I didn't pick up the first game when I was in Tokyo, waiting till they ironed the concept out was a good decision. I figured out the scratch stuff earlier and I'm trying to see what all the heads unlock, there is so many options lol

I've had one game of co-op so far and it was smooth no issues whatsoever. Now to figure out this bandai stuff so I can show off my Gundam :D

Yeah my copy is still in the mail. Kinda wishing I sprung for EMS at this point but knowing my luck I'd have missed the mailman for the signature.

So what's the deal with the Turn-X promotion? Is the early code in the game or does it come with something else?

Top Bottom