• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I have one question regarding "evolving" parts - once you raise the level of a part, you can see all the paths you can change it from the get go or do some of the choices only show when you reach a certain part level, even if there are no ???? beforehand?

am not sure id have to pay more attention. but seems like reaching a certain level reveals the ???? stuff my dobergun though for example is still ???? at lv 8 (´д`|||)

kubricks

New found love for the swallow blade, good guard break capability and combo in air seems a lot safer!

How do they scale up the difficulty in multiplayer anyway? By the number of players or by overall level? Was doing the grand canyon mission with lots of GP02As just now, easy with one other player at 2X level. But then when I join another game of same mission with two level 60, I am not doing ANY DAMAGE at all to anything lol.

Shouta

Downloaded my copy. Seems like the special stuff like the free Build Burning and Lightning are account based because it's a service. I hear you encounter them in the game so you can get them anyway, right?

Parakeetman

Downloaded my copy. Seems like the special stuff like the free Build Burning and Lightning are account based because it's a service. I hear you encounter them in the game so you can get them anyway, right?

yep! they show up in the later stages ( ´∀`)

think that 30 minute vid of mine shows one stage where the build burning appears. dear god the lightnings beam rifle is death if it hits (´д`|||)

Jrs3000

How much did that run you? Vita or ps3?

sensui-tomo

man i havent imported a game since that gundam senki(0081) game, I'm planning on selling my ps3 and i have a ps vita(and tv) This thread is not doing any favors and hearing that it plays like the gundam battle series from the psp also isnt helping me with saving money, Can i make something like the Kampher Amazing in this game, and was there any plans for a ps4 release?(since it'd either be for vita (which i'd have to use one of my spare vita memory cards to make a jpn account) or ps4(would be alot easier and probably look nicer) and as a side note, is there a gundam game community here on gaf? like how persona gets one for the 4 I thought it'd be nice if we had one for all the gundam games released and have a place to try to coordinate something like a petition or whatever to get more gundam games outside of japan(at least digitally)

Parakeetman

man i havent imported a game since that gundam senki(0081) game, I'm planning on selling my ps3 and i have a ps vita(and tv) This thread is not doing any favors and hearing that it plays like the gundam battle series from the psp also isnt helping me with saving money, Can i make something like the Kampher Amazing in this game, and was there any plans for a ps4 release?(since it'd either be for vita (which i'd have to use one of my spare vita memory cards to make a jpn account) or ps4(would be alot easier and probably look nicer)

dont think they will make a ps4 ver this time. but while it wont be exact am sure you could make something close to it with how the parts system works.

example kampfer base with vdash backpack

long range beam rifle

sensui-tomo

dont think they will make a ps4 ver this time. but while it wont be exact am sure you could make something close to it with how the parts system works.

example kampfer base with vdash backpack

So vita version it is, now contemplating if i want a retail or just go digital, since having a vita+vita tv it'd make it so my buddy could play on my vita he's borrowing and we could both play on my same account via Ad-hoc. oh right, i'd have to figure out that whole multiple vita account bs thing.

Parakeetman

So vita version it is, now contemplating if i want a retail or just go digital, since having a vita+vita tv it'd make it so my buddy could play on my vita he's borrowing and we could both play on my same account via remote play. oh right, i'd have to figure out that whole multiple vita account bs thing.

btw if we bug donkey show enough maybe he will make a community thread lol

sensui-tomo

btw if we bug donkey show enough maybe he will make a community thread lol

It would give him a reason to use his gifs more, or make some new ones(maybe a certain royal rumble scene in zeta gundam being used,its got bright) But $60ish is what i'm spending regardless of digital or physical right for vita?(besides shipping)

Parakeetman

It would give him a reason to use his gifs more, or make some new ones(maybe a certain royal rumble scene in zeta gundam being used,its got bright) But $60ish is what i'm spending regardless of digital or physical right for vita?(besides shipping)

pretty much, but this game is seriously a gundam fans dream game and you will most def get your $$$ worth (゜∇^d)!!

Parakeetman

How can I download this game? Is it possible?

Im GreenyMac and Ill be snagging this on Vita as soon as I figure out exactly how...need that Gundam Exia OO...

you will need a JP PSN account and JP PSN point card to pay for the game.

Parakeetman

Nope will just order physical from JAPAN. THX.

just keep in mind that you will most likely not be able to get the extra free content without a jpsn account. since the game connects to the gundam perfect games server. unless someone who has a us account and is playing confirms it otherwise.

Greenymac

just keep in mind that you will most likely not be able to get the extra free content without a jpsn account. since the game connects to the gundam perfect games server. unless someone who has a us account and is playing confirms it otherwise.

Whats the extra content? Im really lost here. Ive never imported a game. Hell I dont even know how Im gonna get past the language barrier. This seems like a fuckton of hoops to jump through to play this game...

Parakeetman

Whats the extra content? Im really lost here. Ive never imported a game. Hell I dont even know how Im gonna get past the language barrier. This seems like a fuckton of hoops to jump through to play this game...

give me 15 mins to get behind a pc to explain.

You won't be able to get this bonus if you're playing in the different account region from your game.

vKPHQ12.png

Edit: I'm playing this game since the first one with my US PSN account and I don't have any problem at all.
A new stage and gunpla will come with the update. (Just like the first game) Everyone will get it. You don't have to be worry. :))

Parakeetman

This.

Edit: I'm playing this game since the first one with my US PSN account and I don't have any problem at all.

no its not just that but there will befree missions and other things lined up which i imagine will be pushed through the connecting with gundam perfect games server as there is a disclaimer that boots up every time.

Whats the extra content? Im really lost here. Ive never imported a game. Hell I dont even know how Im gonna get past the language barrier. This seems like a fuckton of hoops to jump through to play this game... I dont have a JPN account and would rather not have to make one and wipe my vita etc...

First off reason why Im telling you this is, I prefer fellow GAF users to know exactly what they are getting into when importing a game. Which also includes what you might miss out on by not having a JPSN account. Therefore from there its up to you to decide if you really want to import or not.

Basically extra content is usually locked via PSN regions. So in this case JP version of Gundam Breaker 2, you need a JPSN account to access standard DLC for it. Reason for this is Age Ratings and certification for said region. Which is why DLC is not region free.

Updates are handled differently and do not require the same region PSN account to download. That is why even if you have a US account you can still get updates to JP titles. There are occasions where extra content is pushed out through these updates, but it is not always the case.

With that being said it is why I am trying to let you know that you might be missing out on future content. At this time since there is no extra content yet, we do not know how it will be pushed out. Either by updates or via JPSN. Though right now seeing some of the system messages that pop up. I have a pretty strong feeling that a JPSN account will be necessary if you do want to partake in said content.

This game does have more than enough standalone content to be worth the price though. But at the same time just know that if there is extra content via JPSN you will miss out on that by not having a JPSN account.

In Short
DLC = Same PSN account as region of the purchased title.
Updates = Any PSN account

---

Am not saying you need to reformat your Vita, but just know what you could be missing out on.

Its not really jumping through hoops as the title was not made for other regions. And it has always been this way with the PSP / Vita with content. Or should I say importing titles since the PS3 / PSP generation which use PSN.

Next issue is language you seem to be worried about, we have lots of members here who do not know a lot of Japanese yet play the games just fine.

Anyways if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Hagi

Holy moly finally got to build level 24 so i could make Build Burning and wow it's so OP. I'm absolutely wrecking ACE pilots now with hand to hand combat. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

Edit: My PSN is amuro958 and I'm playing on Vita

Parakeetman

Holy moly finally got to build level 24 so i could make Build Burning and wow it's so OP. I'm absolutely wrecking ACE pilots now with hand to hand combat. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

Edit: My PSN is amuro958 and I'm playing on Vita

hahaha that H2H madness will come in handy in later missions. am sure donkey show will be thrilled to have another vita bro to smash shit up with lol adding you to the list now.

Updated the 2nd post of the OT.

Greenymac

hahaha that H2H madness will come in handy in later missions. am sure donkey show will be thrilled to have another vita bro to smash shit up with lol adding you to the list now.

Updated the 2nd post of the OT.

I will be playing on vita too soon. Neither of my Credit cards can be used for international transactions or it would already be ordered. Will be working on getting that done today...

Parakeetman

I will be playing on vita too soon. Neither of my Credit cards can be used for international transactions or it would already be ordered. Will be working on getting that done today...

JPSN doesnt take foreign CCs anyways. They changed that after the large hacks that went on way back when. Its why everyone buys JPSN cards and such. :)

Parakeetman

man i havent imported a game since that gundam senki(0081) game, I'm planning on selling my ps3 and i have a ps vita(and tv) This thread is not doing any favors and hearing that it plays like the gundam battle series from the psp also isnt helping me with saving money, Can i make something like the Kampher Amazing in this game, and was there any plans for a ps4 release?(since it'd either be for vita (which i'd have to use one of my spare vita memory cards to make a jpn account) or ps4(would be alot easier and probably look nicer) and as a side note, is there a gundam game community here on gaf? like how persona gets one for the 4 I thought it'd be nice if we had one for all the gundam games released and have a place to try to coordinate something like a petition or whatever to get more gundam games outside of japan(at least digitally)

Kampfer Amazing (偽) Model Viewer

Thats about the closest thing I could do with the current parts / weapons I have. The panzerfaust are part of the standard models legs so cant take them off unfortunately.

Dear god this unit is fast lol. Ive been working on its mobility a lot. Am uploading a video of my first serious test run with the unit.

Greenymac

JPSN doesnt take foreign CCs anyways. They changed that after the large hacks that went on way back when. Its why everyone buys JPSN cards and such. :)

If I pay thru PayPal can I bypass it? I mean ordering the physical copy from one of the sites listed in the first post of this OT.

My copy of GB2 didn't leave Japan until yesterday. AmiAmi mailed it Thursday. I know it's the holidays and this is a first world problem, but what's the point of paying for EMS shipping when it sits at the postal office for four days before they bother shipping it? Instead of it coming today like all AmiAmi EMS orders, I might get it Wednesday or Friday... [sigh]

c41gM9nl.jpg

Parakeetman

My copy of GB2 didn't leave Japan until yesterday. AmiAmi mailed it Thursday. I know it's the holidays and this is a first world problem, but what's the point of paying for EMS shipping when it sits at the postal office for four days before they bother shipping it? Instead of it coming today like all AmiAmi EMS orders, I might get it Wednesday or Friday... [sigh]

(´д`|||)

Thank god they already shipped it out or else might have missed another day with the Emperors birthday tomorrow...

-------

Kampfer Amazing (偽) first real test run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDERQXlFvpU

Man its funny, I had started the fake Kampfer Amazing project as something fun to answer sensui-tomo's question if its possible to make the unit and now after fully customizing and tuning it, it wound up being my new main unit. Although its not as well rounded offensive wise, this thing is pretty violent up close and has one hell of a melee reach. I managed to get the chain mine up to lv 14. It costed an INSANE amount of GP though. Constantly doing runs out in "Island IFFISH: Mission 1 - Gravity" for 5 minutes a run which can net me some pretty important parts for further scratch build leveling of my parts and cash. May god save your soul if you manage to call in the ACE units though. D: Since its a slaughter when that happens...

Shouta

You won't be able to get this bonus if you're playing in the different account region from your game.

A new stage and gunpla will come with the update. (Just like the first game) Everyone will get it. You don't have to be worry. :))

I've found Gm Cardigan parts in missions though. I don't think you can buy the kit outright in the game though?

Parakeetman

I've found Gm Cardigan parts in missions though. I don't think you can buy the kit outright in the game though?

at the moment i dont have the kit unlocked for purchase i think. checking.

yeah dont have it in the shop (°Д°)

rank 76 and have 70% of the HG model kits unlocked

Btw have you found the chip set to make shotguns? D: Ive still yet to even find the HG version.

Another gameplay footage with the Kampfer Amazing (偽) you get to see me die a bunch of times lol. After this focused on gathering materials and upgraded the unit a ton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBjQZ4Y-Qfw

Currently uploading another footage. Am at the point in the game where I seriously will need MG parts / weapons.

Fuck yeah, S ranked Gundam Cafe 10 at rank 54. Was not expecting that at all! NT-D and axe too stronk! Now to drop in the Sazabi and Hi-Nu parts I got. :3

Parakeetman

Fuck yeah, S ranked Gundam Cafe 10 at rank 54. Was not expecting that at all! NT-D and axe too stronk! Now to drop in the Sazabi and Hi-Nu parts I got. :3

Nice! So now that you have gotten a pretty good amount of time in the game whats your opinion on it as a Gundam title? :D Which axe did you wind up using?

----

Also heres the current user list for those who have not seen it yet in the OT.

QsDkbog.png

PS3
Niiro-Matsuki (Hasemo)
MichaelVash78JP (MichaelVash7886)
Distantmantra - (distantmantra)
- (Shouta)

VITA
bukkage (donkey show)
amuro958 (Hagi)
Snowman3k (Jrs3000)
Kubricks163 (kubricks)

---------

Oh man upgrading the MG parts is crazy expensive, but so nice getting a new backpack for my Kampfer Amazing. MG version of the V Dash Gundam! Maybe now the overhang cannons will actually hurt something rather than put on a pretty light show lol. But the pack itself is fantastic if you want to up your mobility since it has 3 ability slots all of which augment your units boost speed / capacity.

If it wasn't for my Vita's battery dying on me, I don't know if i'd ever put this game down, it consumes me. >_>

Anyways, finally became able to use some Qan[t] parts, the only thing I dislike about the game is how they've allocated these CAD chips for weapons and how astronomical some Parts require BBR level for.

Also, why is the AI so bad for challenge missions? Trying to finish challenge mission 12 in Gundam Cafe is so painful.

Greenymac

Game makes a way better first impression than the first one did. Instead of a series of super boring/drab tutorial missions in a forest, the game drops you right into a big battle, pairs you up with Exia and Wing Gundam, and pretty much introduces most of the new gameplay/mission mechanics in one go.

It's a way more exciting way to start the game.

First mission pairing with Exia? I need this shit now! Setsuna F Seiei eliminating targets...

Top Bottom