• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

seriously at this point should contact them about it, since do agree this is bullshit.

Yeah. If it were free shipping Id be ok with it, but EMS shipping was 1,300 yen... Soo... Annoyed.

What the hell did the package do for four days?!?

Luigi87

Damn, I placed my order yesterday around 6AM Japan time, but payment confirmation wasn't until 2PM Japan, after I had to sleep for work... With tomorrow (today) being a holiday for the Emperor's birthday, then Thursday and Friday being holidays over here (Canada), I won't see this until next week >_<

my vita copy should be at my house by the time i get off work.

placed my order friday afternoon from playasia and i'm honestly surprised it's made it stateside this fast.

tracking info claims it left HK sunday

Welp I'm a huge idiot. Was messing around in the menu and went to the cross save section. Ended up starting a new game and saved over my old save or I deleted it.

Thankfully wasn't "too" far in the game. Africa was the stage I got to but man losing all that progress stinks. RIP me.

Can we get a translated menu? Also a guide about the game would help the newer players with "Scratch", "Assemble" and "Build Weapons".

At least the new game lets me correct some of my wrongs. Such as selling materials in the shop when I thought I was buying them. >.<^

Nice! So now that you have gotten a pretty good amount of time in the game whats your opinion on it as a Gundam title? :D Which axe did you wind up using?

I was still using the third HG axe but at level 10 which was at like 24k attack. I'm using the Epyon sword now.

But yeah, this is a great Gundam game considering you can get lost in the rabbit hole of customizing your Gunpla. Battling is satisfying as well, but still has that typical Gundam game jank here and there (i.e. switching between targets, etc). Highly recommended regardless.

Here's my current unit:

B5gdGDWIAAAykzF.jpg

sensui-tomo

So dlc wont work on other profiles(on ps3) if you download it from the psn? or is the dlc using that weird japanese gundam site which i believe they used for another game?
Example: me and my friend file share this game on a japanese profile, we download the dlc via psn and switch over to our american profiles, the dlc will or wont work(if its that site thing i'm sure thats an instant nope)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So dlc wont work on other profiles(on ps3) if you download it from the psn? or is the dlc using that weird japanese gundam site which i believe they used for another game?

What it seems like is that it uses the gundam perfect games site to check for content. As there was a message saying that some content will not be available if unable to connect to gundam perfect games server etc.
But as stated we are still not 100% sure how things work as no DLC content will come out till Jan. 2015 by looking at their schedule.

Game sure does have more than enough content without it though. Not like the first one where the barebones servings serious needed that second helping of content DLC.

I was still using the third HG axe but at level 10 which was at like 24k attack. I'm using the Epyon sword now.

But yeah, this is a great Gundam game considering you can get lost in the rabbit hole of customizing your Gunpla. Battling is satisfying as well, but still has that typical Gundam game jank here and there (i.e. switching between targets, etc). Highly recommended regardless.

Here's my current unit:

B5gdGDWIAAAykzF.jpg

donkey show has spoken folks go out and buy this game lol

tumblr_lo3xhh4vc01qcqjzto1_r1_400.gif

my biggest gundam jank is how jumping works D: lol

sensui-tomo

What it seems like is that it uses the gundam perfect games site to check for content. As there was a message saying that some content will not be available if unable to connect to gundam perfect games server etc.

But as stated we are still not 100% sure how things work as no DLC content will come out till Jan. 2015 by looking at their schedule.

donkey show has spoken folks go out and buy this game lol

tumblr_lo3xhh4vc01qcqjzto1_r1_400.gif

my biggest gundam jank is how jumping works D: lol

Does that include that first run dlc too? anyways thanks again for the reply(and thanks for posting that Kampfer vid too)

Parakeetman

Does that include that first run dlc too? anyways thanks again for the reply(and thanks for posting that Kampfer vid too)

The first run DLC with the Try Fighters team all of those units you can obtain the parts in game. Just will not be a complete set and it was only the suits and not including the weapons. On top of from the get go you would not have been able to use them until you reach a specific build rank first. But the bonus part was the fact you have the complete parts set for the 3 units.

But since it was code based you do need to enter the product code into the Japanese PSN for it to work. Then you pick up the suits from the shop in the gift section.

Btw the Kampfer has taken over as my main unit. Customization and stats wise it overtook my Blue Destiny custom lol.

Greenymac

Welp I'm a huge idiot. Was messing around in the menu and went to the cross save section. Ended up starting a new game and saved over my old save or I deleted it.

Thankfully wasn't "too" far in the game. Africa was the stage I got to but man losing all that progress stinks. RIP me.

Can we get a translated menu? Also a guide about the game would help the newer players with "Scratch", "Assemble" and "Build Weapons".

At least the new game lets me correct some of my wrongs. Such as selling materials in the shop when I thought I was buying them. >.<^

Yeah this is what Im worried about...Having no CLUE Wtf anything says...

Parakeetman

Yeah in the shop pressing the square button will take you to the sell menu. You will not be able to buy resources normally outside of buying kits for parts you already own which get turned into resources. Generally the higher on the list the kit is the better resources it might give. Have no idea on exactly what since I rarely do that.

Be real careful with the upload / download feature also if you use it for jumping between PS3 / Vita for those with both copies of the game.

Scratch = Upgrading equipment / parts. Higher the level the better the stats are plus can unlock other things such as abilities which are usually stats increase or allows for you to modify the part into a different one. (You lose the original part by changing into a new one)

Build Weapon = Well build weapons, you need to do this to obtain new weapons. To build new weapons you need parts kits dropped from defeated enemies. Some of the parts are rare pieces so do not expect to unlock everything easily. Once you have the weapon built it will show up in your Scratch build menu to upgrade.

Assemble = Putting everything together.

kubricks

Just arrive at the space level. Progress was slow, because I spent all my time customising my MS and playing random online level. Everyone now seems so far ahead....

This game is really addictive! Almost on par with P4G and GvGN+, which I spent embarrassing amount of time in. I think part of the reasons it felt so good is that it felt more like an evolution from the Gundam Battle series than GB1, which is great new for any Gundam fans.

For those who wonder, the save file from GB1 started to matter after level 30 or so, where you have access to necessary parts and enough level to upgrade some of those carry over parts to full power.

My current MS.... dat Heat Shotel combo!

Oh, please add me "Kubricks163" ;)

Delio

Okay as soon as I get paid im importing this. Want to get in early this time since I came in pretty late for the first game.

TreIII

Got my copy! ...But today was such a tiring day, I'll just have to put off playing it 'til tomorrow.

At least, thanks to having some Time Off that I gotta burn, I got a nice Winter Break to play this and things on my list!

sensui-tomo

I might have convinced my friend into doing a digital file share, neato (going to be about US$ 87.98 for that 8,000 yen card but eh for $44 each i cant say no to this game)

NastyBook

RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis"
RX-78GP03S Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen"
XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam (Endless Waltz Ver.)

My dick couldn't get harder if it tried. All my favorite Gundams in one spot. Having just gone full time, I think I might make this my very first import purchase.

Parakeetman

Since we are on a new page posting this again for the current players who want to link up and break some gundams.

g-gundam-o.gif

QsDkbog.png

PS3
Niiro-Matsuki (Hasemo)
MichaelVash78JP (MichaelVash7886)
Distantmantra - (distantmantra)
- (Shouta)

VITA
bukkage (donkey show)
amuro958 (Hagi)
Snowman3k (Jrs3000)
Kubricks163 (kubricks)
tumblr_neh148QEGk1rjxyrgo3_500.gif

sensui-tomo

Sorry just did a quick check on websites and wikis and no info on hand. D: You might have to wait till someone else who did DL it comes in and answers.

Hate that i'd have to go with some info i've found on /m/ someone said about 5 GB for the ps3 version(which seems small to me but eh what do i know)

Parakeetman

Hate that i'd have to go with some info i've found on /m/ someone said about 5 GB for the ps3 version(which seems small to me but eh what do i know)

Yeah its kinda stupid the OHP does not have the DL sizes listed for both the PSV / PS3... Esp the PSV considering how limited space is in general. The only other thing I can suggest is actually logging onto JPSN and looking there.

Apharmd

just downloaded this because just about every dang EXVSFB player i know is on it

i haven't even watched any videos or trailers or anything

please take care of me ;_;

Parakeetman

just downloaded this because just about every dang EXVSFB player i know is on it

i haven't even watched any videos or trailers or anything

please take care of me ;_;

Tons of vids in here. You will see why everyone is playing it lol. Am currently doing another OT section with just standard YT links to all the recorded videos I have currently. As the img video links do not seem to work right on mobile.
(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Give me about 5m doing up a new banner ATM.

Parakeetman

Awesome. Thanks!

Vid order is most current to oldest.

Here is the current finished video list. Had to stick it in the 2nd post since dont think it will fit in the first anymore.
It fit and has replaced the recorded game section. And am still leaving the following below in the 2nd OT post.

As always folks let me know if anything is fucked up and will fix it.

AAAAAAAAAAND I just noticed that in all of the banners there is a tiny white dot in the upper left corner... that is going to bug the shit out of me, but too lazy to fix something so minor. &#12541;&#3900; &#3232;&#30410;&#3232; &#3901;&#65417;

Btw someone good at making animated gifs think they can GIF this at 24-31 seconds?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXSMF9bEOjE

Jrs3000

Finally have it downloaded and installed. Now time to figure out these menus lol.

Is there a way to invert camera and customize controls, lower sensitivity etc? I haven't figured out the target lock on vita, it does it auto but then cycles through enemys, can this be changed or enabled only when you want it too?

Parakeetman

Finally have it downloaded and installed. Now time to figure out these menus lol.

Good luck!

-------

Switched the Recorded Gameplay section of the first post of the OT to all of the YT links due to the image links not working correctly on mobile devices at times.

Just tried to see if its possible to create the Zaku Amazing but unfortunately with the parts kits its not unless BanNam release some sort of colab unique model. Really do hope that they release the official ones. Since would drive the sales up massively if so.

Parakeetman

Is there a way to invert camera and customize controls, lower sensitivity etc? I haven't figured out the target lock on vita, it does it auto but then cycles through enemys, can this be changed or enabled only when you want it too?

Look in options.

Turning lock on / off is controlled by tapping the right corner of the screen. Down on the right analog stick will switch to nearest target. Up will switch targeting to the objective. It does not work perfectly, but you will get used to it eventually. On occasion you might have to reset your targeting system by breaking off lock then relocking.

The locking is controlled by you basically whenever you touch the right stick in lock on mode.

Adapt and overcome for the controls since you are stuck with it.

The 2 sensitivity settings are for standard camera looking and the 2nd bar is for when you are in aimed mode. Which is switched on / off with certain weapon types by tapping the bottom left of the screen.

Jrs3000

Look in options.

Turning lock on / off is controlled by tapping the right corner of the screen. Down on the right analog stick will switch to nearest target. Up will switch targeting to the objective. It does not work perfectly, but you will get used to it eventually. On occasion you might have to reset your targeting system by breaking off lock then relocking.

The locking is controlled by you basically whenever you touch the right stick in lock on mode.

Adapt and overcome for the controls since you are stuck with it.

The 2 sensitivity settings are for standard camera looking and the 2nd bar is for when you are in aimed mode. Which is switched on / off with certain weapon types by tapping the bottom left of the screen.

Thanks, I found the sensitivity, and invert controls, had to mess around to figure which was what. Yeah, it will take some adjustment. Was there anyone working on a translating the menus?

Looks like someone at Japan Post misplaced my package and then "found" it four days later, got an apologetic email but no reimbursement offer. Game is now in San Francisco, maybe I'll get it before Christmas.

[sigh]

Parakeetman

Looks like someone at Japan Post misplaced my package and then "found" it four days later, got an apologetic email but no reimbursement offer. Game is now in San Francisco, maybe I'll get it before Christmas.

[sigh]

You have got to be shitting me? Really?

Thanks, I found the sensitivity, and invert controls, had to mess around to figure which was what. Yeah, it will take some adjustment. Was there anyone working on a translating the menus?

No idea. You will just have to wait for others to provide more resources or do some poking around on google. In the resources section is pretty much all folks will have to work with for the time being.

You have got to be shitting me? Really?

I just checked the status before going to bed and noticed "hey it's now in San Francisco, when did that happen?"

No response from AmiAmi, but this wasn't their fault. Got a form letter response in English from Japan Post.

On the bright side, this has given me more time to play Sen no Kiseki II after my wife and daughter go to bed.

Parakeetman

I just checked the status before going to bed and noticed "hey it's now in San Francisco, when did that happen?"

No response from AmiAmi, but this wasn't their fault. Got a form letter response in English from Japan Post.

Some bastard was playing your game man. Check the seals when it arrives lol. Seriously though how the hell do you lose a package for 4 days.

Parakeetman

I like to think they were playing Ultimate Frisbee with it in a warehouse.

Lu6DWh.jpg

-----

q51EMSa.png

IN GAME MENU
  1. Assemble - This is where you put together you Mobile Suit and equip all weapons, option parts, modules, etc
  2. Scratch - This basically is your upgrade section for exisiting parts / weapons and where you upgrade the abilities once you start to collect the various chips for weapon mastery or abilities. Higher level you make your parts the higher lv the various stats go but also raises the cost of the part itself.
  3. Weapon Build - This is where you make new weapons from parts / materials collected. Some weapons may not be listed here due to they have to be created via Scratch Build. As this game think of things on an upgrade tech tree so to speak. You start out from a base piece then from there it may branch off into becoming a different part / weapon.
  4. Paint - This is where you can edit the color and details of your mobile suit. You will get more features unlocked as you progress in the game. Changing the menus is done by tapping on the menu section on the Vita and the L3 / R3 buttons for the PS3 (i think)
  5. Unit Name - This is where you name your unit. I hope I do not have to explain further than this. Generally important for those who plan on making / saving various builds.
  6. Photograph - This is where you select the pose and camera angle for your MS. And the selected pose becomes what you see here on the Menu Screen.
  7. Build Breaker Rank - This is the rank that determins what parts / weapons you will be able to use. Higher the BBR is the better parts you can use. Levels up from gaining more parts, Scratch / Weapon building.
  8. Credits - Currency used in game called GP.
  9. Load Schematics - For loading saved data of a saved MS build.
  10. Save Schematics - Save MS build data.
  11. Switch Display - Basically hides the menu I think... Never used it yet.
  12. Scramble Ready - Tells you if you are able to use the current MS configuration in game. If you go over the maximum point cost of the unit you will be unable to deploy. Also if you go over the maximum number of module slots.

OPTIONS MENU
Putting this first for the options since its the most IMPORTANT for those who have both the PS3 / PSV versions. Deals with the cross save function.
  1. Upload - Uploads your current save data to your PSN account.
  2. Download - Downloads the Uploaded data from the PSN account to the PS3 / PSV.

1. Event Skip - Will skip any previous cleared stage events. Useful for multiple runs on the same stage. This also includes the ACE unit(s) boxes dropping out of the sky.
  2. Voice Chat - Enables / Disables voice chat. Never used this myself so no idea on the functionality besides that.
  3. Brightness - Adjusts game brightness.

1. Horizontal Camera Controls - Option to set horizontal cameral controls to Normal or Reverse
  2. Vertical Camera Controls - Set Vertical Camera Controls to Normal or Reverse
  3. Camera Sensitivity - Speed controls for moving the camera around during normal play.
  4. Aiming Sensitivity - Controls the sensitivity for when in Aimed Mode that certain weapons use.
  5. Vibration - Option for PS3 version DS3 vibration functionality.

1. Voice - Adjust the volume of character voices in game.
  2. Movie - Adjust the sound level for movie scenes.

This is pretty much all you folks will be getting from me translation wise. So the rest its up to you, the other members here and google.

Sakura

Just picked up the game. Have tomorrow and the next day off.
Never played the first so I'm looking forward to it.

Parakeetman

Just picked up the game. Have tomorrow and the next day off.
Never played the first so I'm looking forward to it.

Its quite well made with an insane amount of content. I think it should keep you busy for a while. Esp if you are into customization. Ive spent about 40 hours on the title so far and only have used 3 units.

----

New Pic of my unit just added on the MG V-DASH backpack.

I still cant find the shotgun parts set though D:

HELL YEAH just collected a full set of MG build burning gundam parts in a single run.

Sakura

Is there any way to reverse the X and O buttons? I think because I have an American PS3 my X is select and O is cancel, but the menu is all 'press O to save and exit' and shit but O cancels while X saves and exits so it is confusing :(

Parakeetman

Is there any way to reverse the X and O buttons? I think because I have an American PS3 my X is select and O is cancel, but the menu is all 'press O to save and exit' and shit but O cancels while X saves and exits so it is confusing :(

unfortunately not as that stuff is hardcoded into the system itself and is up to the devs to override it.

(´&#1076;&#65344;|||)

----

cleared story mode back to smashing for parts and resources &#936;(&#65507;&#8711;&#65507;)&#936;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Doesn't seem so. This game is extra confusing, because some of the stuff is not reversed. By far the worst part of it is not being able to reset a mission - pressing X does nothing and O quits the pause menu.

kubricks

Just want to say it really was fun trying out different parts. I stumbled across a lightning gundam backpack just now, it looks modest enough with two boosters and attached with small wings. Until i try it on..... it somehow has a missile weapon of about 12000dmg value (my beam saber is doing same damage), is mutlilock, seemingly unlimited supply, fire pack of missiles vertically up which then rains down to enemy from the sky ignoring any obstacle in between, and stun lock everything that are not killed. Lol

Parakeetman

i wonder if there is a twitter account for the games producer as the generic game twitter i doubt would get to the teams ears.

Jrs3000

unfortunately not as that stuff is hardcoded into the system itself and is up to the devs to override it.

(´&#1076;&#65344;|||)

----

cleared story mode back to smashing for parts and resources &#936;(&#65507;&#8711;&#65507;)&#936;

Thanks for the translation. I was wondering what the stuff at the bottom of hangar was. I was on google translate drawing the kanji but it was hard to draw it accurately with it so small on vita screen lol. I'm going to see if I get some other menus translated.

Parakeetman

oh man hobbyshop challenge 8 was brutal barely cleared it still got an S rank but that was way too close.

Top Bottom