• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah my copy is still in the mail. Kinda wishing I sprung for EMS at this point but knowing my luck I'd have missed the mailman for the signature.

So what's the deal with the Turn-X promotion? Is the early code in the game or does it come with something else?

It was webpage based and you did a gacha thing where it would be at random what promotional code you would get.

Though it ended right when the game came out, but the good news is you can still obtain the parts in game by progressing.

Most of the stuff anyways even if you have a promotional code you wont be able to use the parts right away due to the build level being too high.

B5Uqg6aIgAAwlBA.jpg

Dis game. Upgraded my Gouf pieces into Gouf Custom parts, was so happy about that xD

Awesome units, guys! This game is really addicting :S

I stumbled upon Beargguy III and had to use it... and had to combine it with the IWSP I scratch built right after.

B5Vd4t-IcAAIIPo.jpg

Behold, Beargguy.W.S.P. III

Luigi87

*looks at the customs being posted in this thread and stares at AmiAmi Add to Cart while sipping green tea from Char Aznable Custom mug*

... This is highly tempting...

Hagi

haha cool, you are on your way to greatness. Once you start getting more parts and other stuff the addiction only gets worse lol.

--------

Added another new video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJSEnxGf8sg

I've played my VIta more in the last two days than I have in the three months lol the addiction is real

Man those defence missions are killer. Nice custom! The game looks really good on the PS3.

I stumbled upon Beargguy III and had to use it... and had to combine it with the IWSP I scratch built right after.

B5Vd4t-IcAAIIPo.jpg

Hah i can't wait till i unlock Beargguy III for some shenanigans. A shame they don't have the original or the little known Nyagguy.

LMN

It was webpage based and you did a gacha thing where it would be at random what promotional code you would get.

Though it ended right when the game came out, but the good news is you can still obtain the parts in game by progressing.

Most of the stuff anyways even if you have a promotional code you wont be able to use the parts right away due to the build level being too high.

So Turn X is obtainable in game? Good news, thought it was only obtainable on the 5th DLC mission.

img_mlist05.jpg
btn_ms05.png

Edit: A spreadsheet doc for Part development in /m/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H9s37QrfhoTRKm-mAZXDE_hh0ZPHjkc7s5V7_iQ9QMc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Parakeetman

So Turn X is obtainable in game? Good news, thought it was only obtainable on the 5th DLC mission.

img_mlist05.jpg
btn_ms05.png

Edit: A spreadsheet doc for Part development in /m/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H9s37QrfhoTRKm-mAZXDE_hh0ZPHjkc7s5V7_iQ9QMc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Not sure about the DLC mission stuff, but had read somewhere that there are no suits which are un-obtainable due to use of codes only. Nice list, looks like someone took the time to un-fuck that mess of an upgrade chart lol. Ill add that to the OT later!

Hah i can't wait till i unlock Beargguy III for some shenanigans. A shame they don't have the original or the little known Nyagguy.

The original one should be in the game. Thats the brown one right? Since Ive been blowing them up left and right with my dober gun on the previous chapter lol

B5Vd4t-IcAAIIPo.jpg

lol too awesome.

---

Whats really interesting is how we all seemed to have wound up with different parts. Looking at the gundam perfect games site too man so many different variations / builds. Really does outclass the first game where you could tell it was pretty limited with options.

I've played my VIta more in the last two days than I have in the three months lol the addiction is real

Man those defence missions are killer. Nice custom! The game looks really good on the PS3.

Yeah Ive just been thinking about playing again all day, but am busy with other stuff at the moment. The defense missions are fantastic for parts / material collection. On that video had or the previous time when I ran that stage I got both the full sets for the Sandrock and Death Scythe Hell. No weapons parts though D: Plus gives you a fairly open stage to practice with your MS. Its what Ive been playing on to gain cash and materials.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, defending a ship is okay. Defending 4 points spread across the map/controlling 3 points with an npc team is a major pain. The AI is so stupid, that you basically have to fly around and do all the work yourself. Guess I'll try clearing them in MP because they are way too frustrating to do alone, even if your MS is quite powerful.

Kysen

Sigh, defending a ship is okay. Defending 4 points spread across the map/controlling 3 points with an npc team is a major pain. The AI is so stupid, that you basically have to fly around and do all the work yourself. Guess I'll try clearing them in MP because they are way too frustrating to do alone, even if your MS is quite powerful.

lol I guess this explains why so many online rooms had people asking for help with these kind of missions.

Parakeetman

wat? i had pretty much zero issues with those missions as you can see in the videos. The AI was actually useful for sitting at the points so it didnt get captured right away.

the maps are designed quite fair too so that getting to the points is a breeze same with killing anything in your way. though the second map due to the map placed laser cannons can be dangerous if not delt with quickly.

perhaps its more time to change up you ms settings.

lol I guess this explains why so many online rooms had people asking for help with these kind of missions.

id say its more git gud than anything since my vid is proof that its a cakewalk solo. lol.

im constantly running them for materials clearing em in about 8 mins a run. trying to see if the wing series ace units will drop weapons.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
wat? i had pretty much zero issues with those missions as you can see in the videos. The AI was actually useful for sitting at the points so it didnt get captured right away.

the maps are designed quite fair too so that getting to the points is a breeze same with killing anything in your way. though the second map due to the map placed laser cannons can be dangerous if not delt with quickly.

id say its more git gud than anything since my vid is proof that its a cakewalk solo. lol.

im constantly running them for materials clearing em in about 8 mins a run. trying to see if the wing series ace units will drop weapons.
Weird, when I'm playing the AI just runs all over the place, takes damage and is basically useless. And I'm talking about the same mission. From what I've seen on your video, I'm killing enemies at the same pace as you, maybe even faster, so I theoretically should be fine.
One thing that the video showed me is that maybe options aren't as useless as I thought. I barely use them and if I do it's only for quick healing.

Kysen

I wish they would do something about that burst activation cutscene that interrupts everything. Its totally unneeded.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wish they would do something about that burst activation cutscene that interrupts everything. Its totally unneeded.
I like it in single player, but in MP when you have to watch 4 people doing the animation in a row, it can get old.

Another re @ this. After complaining in this thread and being told to git gud, I cleared that mission in 8 minutes without any problems. :p
If it's the same one - I didn't see any deathscythes though. Are the ace enemies random or was it a different capture mission? Mine was the 2nd mission in Africa.

Parakeetman

I like it in single player, but in MP when you have to watch 4 people doing the animation in a row, it can get old.

Another re @ this. After complaining in this thread and being told to git gud, I cleared that mission in 8 minutes without any problems. :p
If it's the same one - I didn't see any deathscythes though. Are the ace enemies random or was it a different capture mission? Mine was the 2nd mission in Africa.

Hmm out of the 2 missions there one of them the Ace units is the Death Scythe Hell & Sandrock. The other is Zeta and ZZ Gundam I think it was. Forgot which numerical stages which was. But those should be the 2 different ace types that show up. The vid I had linked should show them appearing near the end as the third wave. Its pretty easy to rack up the ace points to get em to show up if you just go in there and melee the shit out of everything lol.

You can get a full parts set for both the deathscythe and sandrock fairly easy (asides from the weapons) :D The deathscythes usually go into that stealth mode so you will seem them predatoring around the map lol. Ive done the mission like 20 times now and have not gotten any rare drops from them. D: Have not used my free luck booster yet, dont think I want to though. Those stages are seriously GREAT for money making and gaining exp. Should be able to lv up your MS parts a pretty good amount.

The next defense map is a bit harder since its more compact and as mentioned those mounted lasers are a pain in the ass if you leave em alone. Since it points right into Point A. Think that map only had 2 of them thankfully and no vehicles to worry about. That map in the colony, one of the rare drops which seems to be constant is for the MG Chain Mine, though I cant even build it yet as its not on my list lol. Im still puzzled by no shotgun drop at all. D:

WAT?!

Oh god it plays for everyone in MP?! D: Ok that is shitty...

Lets hope in a patch they address that, since do agree with you two that it seems rather pointless.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmm out of the 2 missions there one of them the Ace units is the Death Scythe Hell & Sandrock. The other is Zeta and ZZ Gundam I think it was. Forgot which numerical stages which was. But those should be the 2 different ace types that show up. The vid I had linked should show them appearing near the end as the third wave. Its pretty easy to rack up the ace points to get em to show up if you just go in there and melee the shit out of everything lol.

You can get a full parts set for both the deathscythe and sandrock fairly easy (asides from the weapons) :D The deathscythes usually go into that stealth mode so you will seem them predatoring around the map lol. Ive done the mission like 20 times now and have not gotten any rare drops from them. D: Have not used my free luck booster yet, dont think I want to though. Those stages are seriously GREAT for money making and gaining exp. Should be able to lv up your MS parts a pretty good amount.

The next defense map is a bit harder since its more compact and as mentioned those mounted lasers are a pain in the ass if you leave em alone. Since it points right into Point A. Think that map only had 2 of them thankfully and no vehicles to worry about. That map in the colony, one of the rare drops which seems to be constant is for the MG Chain Mine, though I cant even build it yet as its not on my list lol. Im still puzzled by no shotgun drop at all. D:

WAT?!

Lets hope in a patch they address that, since do agree with you two that it seems rather pointless.
Yeah, it was the map right after the one that I had problems clearing. For some reason it felt way easier. And when ACE MS came, I was basically in super mode 90% of the time. It charged as I hit them. :p

Parakeetman

Yeah, it was the map right after the one that I had problems clearing. For some reason it felt way easier. And when ACE MS came, I was basically in super mode 90% of the time. It charged as I hit them. :p

lol nice. once you rip off ace units armor or whatever that orange bar is its air combo forever time. its too bad this game isnt like the first one where more parts broken =s more drops after the unit is destroyed.

also sad that the chests dont contain parts anymore. even materials would have been appreciated

man one thing for sure is my hg equipment is starting to get outclassed. need to move up and start making mg gear soon.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, the bosses in the stage after the second defense one were such a pain. Super fast with an attack that stunlocks you until you're dead. The fact that I changed my weapon and forgot to equip the ex action for it didn't help.
Interesting fact - two handed swords seem to have guard break on all attacks.

squall23

B5Vd4t-IcAAIIPo.jpg

I wish these games would do something about the clipping. It's so noticeable.....

Parakeetman

I wish these games would do something about the clipping. It's so noticeable.....

Its more of a problem when you have pre-set poses. its hard to get around. As everything would require a custom job with the positioning. D:

Uh, the bosses in the stage after the second defense one were such a pain. Super fast with an attack that stunlocks you until you're dead. The fact that I changed my weapon and forgot to equip the ex action for it didn't help.
Interesting fact - two handed swords seem to have guard break on all attacks.

That is interesting, I wonder if it has to do with how much hits you get on target? I had switched out of it since at times I get locked into the animation and didnt like that lol. Just wait till you reach the 2 [spoilers]Zetas[/spoiler] Good times.

squall23

I like how the game gives me 4 V2AB parts by the 3rd mission and I need to be level 40+ to use them.

Oh wait no, I absolutely hate that.

Parakeetman

Just did one of the longest missions ever. 30 minutes and had magnetic jammers all over the place. Thank god my unit actually has a decent melee output, but even then the enemies here are pretty brutal. As they can tackle and a lot of them are melee oriented which means you better have a way to get out of corners fast.

The tackle skill comes in handy for that.

Before that had one of the shortest Mobile Armor boss fights ever lol.

Luigi87

Ordered the physical PS3 version off AmiAmi, just waiting for payment confirmation, then the real waiting game begins.

kubricks

Oh my God this game is so addictive!
I put my kids to sleep at 10pm and started the game, and before I knew it it was already 3am!! Everything felt so much better than GB1, the online multiplayer just felt so good.

Now about the melee weapons, what do you guys prefer?
I love the axe as it seems to break parts and enemy's guard easily, then there is this feeling of "weight" to the attacks.

kubricks

WAT?!

It's a little annoying but the cut in only takes 2 seconds or so, I am ok with that.
The ace has appeared and eveyone are turning on their special model / Super saiyan, now move in for the kill lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I put my kids to sleep at 10pm and started the game, and before I knew it it was already 3am!! Everything felt so much better than GB1, the online multiplayer just felt so good.

I love the axe as it seems to break parts and enemy's guard easily, then there is this feeling of "weight" to the attacks.
I love double beam sabers, since I'm a bit sloppy when it comes to juggling. Since my shield has an axe attack which breaks guard, I usually start my combos with that.

Parakeetman

yep the title is insanely addictive be it getting new parts or upgrading your favorite MS.

i was using a single beam saber but now moved to the large axe, though am guessing the moves are the same as a normal axe. pretty useful for all the high ranking missions im doing now

Parakeetman

Anybody know what to do for the first challenge reward in Africa Tower mission 1? I can't read moonrunes. :S

hang on checking

oh shit i dont have that one either lol

found the info.

1. destroy 2 parts on large boss
2. destroy 1 part on large boss
3. destroy all ace units

its weird how S ranks can be achieved without getting all of the challenge stuff (´д`|||)

hang on checking

oh shit i dont have that one either lol

found the info.

1. destroy 2 parts on large boss
2. destroy 1 part on large boss
3. destroy all ace units

its weird how S ranks can be achieved without getting all of the challenge stuff (´д`|||)

Eh? I had no idea there were more than one part on the PG dudes. Time to try again, thanks!

And fuck that mission with the Divinidads. It's more horrible than facing all the Divinidads in Full Boost Boss Rush. xD

I do love how after activating burst then activating NT-D, the Unicorn theme song plays. Feels good man.

Parakeetman

Eh? I had no idea there were more than one part on the PG dudes. Time to try again, thanks!

And fuck that mission with the Divinidads. It's more horrible than facing all the Divinidads in Full Boost Boss Rush. xD

I do love how after activating burst then activating NT-D, the Unicorn theme song plays. Feels good man.

anytime brother! I need to try that one again too since didnt get it myself. Got an axe now so will see if that helps haha

I finally got myself Banshee and Unicorn kits so might mess with those later on. Ive hit a wall with my blue destiny custom currently since have not found the high lv parts to push it past 9? or 10 lol

yeah that Divinidads mission made me sad lol. Just you wait till you get to the mission i had linked above the 30 minute long one. :D

anytime brother! I need to try that one again too since didnt get it myself. Got an axe now so will see if that helps haha

I finally got myself Banshee and Unicorn kits so might mess with those later on. Ive hit a wall with my blue destiny custom currently since have not found the high lv parts to push it past 9? or 10 lol

yeah that Divinidads mission made me sad lol. Just you wait till you get to the mission i had linked above the 30 minute long one. :D

:S Can't wait...

And got that reward just now! You can target Red Frame's legs and backpack. I'm sure you can do the same with Perfect Strike, but I was only able to target the arm.

EDIT: Oh yeah, so there's now a BONUS that shows up over my upgraded stuff. What's that all about?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

And got that reward just now! You can target Red Frame's legs and backpack. I'm sure you can do the same with Perfect Strike, but I was only able to target the arm.

EDIT: Oh yeah, so there's now a BONUS that shows up over my upgraded stuff. What's that all about?
Once an item reaches a certain level, you're able to add a bonus points to one of the stats on each level up. Upgradeable stats depend on the type of the item (you choose from 3), but it's stuff like increased capacity/hp, decreased cost etc. You can also respec those bonuse stats somewhere.

Parakeetman

Once an item reaches a certain level, you're able to add a bonus points to one of the stats on each level up. Upgradeable stats depend on the type of the item (you choose from 3), but it's stuff like increased capacity/hp, decreased cost etc. You can also respec those bonuse stats somewhere.

yeah the respec cost is like something small 5000 gp i think

Parakeetman

ill take pics tonight of the upgrade screens so you know whats what. since each part is slightly different depending.

generally though if you want more capacity its the body and legs forget if arms have it too. cant check atm

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have one question regarding "evolving" parts - once you raise the level of a part, you can see all the paths you can change it from the get go or do some of the choices only show when you reach a certain part level, even if there are no ???? beforehand?

Top Bottom