• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Home Official Thread

The Godfather space is actually pretty good, poker could be a little better implemented though.

They added a manhole in the plaza that is supposed to be the "Maintenance Area", right now there's not a whole lot, but I must say that in these 4 1/2 months Home has expanded greatly, I think when they launched they just had the Plaza, Mall, Theater, Bowling Alley, Uncharted and Far Cry, and they have more than doubled that right now....

Ciel

Home is awesome, don't get all the hate for it. It's a platform, not really a game. It's up to devs to implement things like trophies for your house, clothing or hatever. To get more people to try it out also means an XBL approach I.e. Making it an exclusive avenue for content.

Also wish you could grief more. All I have done is dress like a bum and ask for money, and sit in dark corners offering candy to passersby.

Cruzader

Banned
Just to let ppls know. When you get the 6th butterfly, you get a free Xi Tshirt(M/F) and this week, the manhole was opened from the Home Square. Also expert mode have been available for a while now for Alphazone 1 minigames.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I want game launching from HOME... R2 ...KZ2.

Oni Jazar

Cruzader said:
Just to let ppls know. When you get the 6th butterfly, you get a free Xi Tshirt(M/F) and this week, the manhole was opened from the Home Square. Also expert mode have been available for a while now for Alphazone 1 minigames.

I really liked the text adventure games. The space one especially. That one was a little tricky. Looking at all the butterflies left to collect this game is going to continue for quite some time!

I hope I'm able to stick through it all and maybe get a nice prize at the end?

cakefoo

http://www.tawkn.com/?news_id=1699
It seems the PlayStation Home developers are indeed listening to their community as the Listen@Home area in the Central Plaza space has just received a pretty hefty update.

The particular theme for this impressive offering revolves around the Winter X-Games soundtrack.

Here's the current list of music available:

* Awake - Audreye Sessions
* Blowing Up - T-Pain
* Breaking In A New Mentality - Underoath
* Breath In - Hit The Lights
* Can't Stop Feeling - Franz Ferdinand
* Do You Wanna Know - Alkaline Trio
* Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand
* Freeze - T-Pain
* Great Expectations - The Gaslight Anthem
* Help Me - Alkaline Trio
* I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin DeGraw
* I Found A Way - Alkaline Trio
* I Have You To Thank - Gavin DeGraw
* In Love With A Girl - Gavin DeGraw
* Into The Night - Alkaline Trio
* Turn It On - Franz Ferdinand
* Turn Me Off - Audreye Sessions
* Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
* Untamed - Gavin DeGraw
* Welcome To The Thr33 Rings - T-Pain
* Where You'll Find Me - Audreye Sessions

This goes to show that the Listen@Home feature does, indeed, have more potential than previously thought. So hop into the Central Plaza of Home and start jammin'!

IIIIIIIIII don't wanna be anythin otha than whattabeen tryna be lateleeeeeh

Can someone do me a favor a point out the non-shit songs for me?

Cruzader

Banned
Just a reminder for anyone that might care. Resident Evil event today with Home managers.

308d5p2.jpg

BuggieTechnica said:
Hey Folks,

The PlayStation Home Community Team is teaming-up with our good friends over at Capcom to host a wild night of shooting infected in the face and of course, Game Launching action!

WHEN: Thursday, April 16, 3:00PM PST to 7:00PM PST (6PM - 10PM EST)
WHERE: Resident Evil 5 Game Space

HOW IT WORKS: First, head to the Resident Evil 5 game space and be on the lookout for our special guests of the evening-

Capcom_Kramer

Capcom_s-kill

CydoniaX
Locust_Star
BuggieTechnica

Quick Note: Home Moderators will NOT be sporting the yellow text, or MOD/HCS tags as usual, as we'll be playing on regular PlayStation 3's and not our special units. We WILL, however, be wearing staff jackets, so that will be the best way to spot us.

In order to quicken the process, feel free to start your own Game Launching session. In case you've never done this, here's a quick tutorial.

1. Login to PlayStation Home and insert your Resident Evil 5 game disc.
2. A pop-up will ask if you'd like to begin a Game Launching session. Accept this.
3. Configure the game to your liking, and press Triangle to begin the session.

Congratulations! You should now have this wacky floating text above your head, advertising your game-

In the event that Home doesn't prompt you upon inserting the disc, here are the manual instructions once the game is in your PlayStation 3-

1. Press Start to pull up the main menu.
2. Select "Game Launching," followed by "Set Up Game," and finally Resident Evil 5.
3. Configure the game to your liking, and press Triangle to begin the session.

Each session played with our special guests will be limited to one of the following options, whichever comes first.

- 1 chapter of cooperative gameplay
- 1 match of Versus gameplay (if available)

- 20 minutes of gameplay

We want to meet, greet and play with as many of you lovely folks as possible, so we'd like to make the rounds as smoothly as possible. Keep in mind that game time with us is going to be in extremely high demand, so don't be shy about using this opportunity to meet new friends within Home and get some games in with them!

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them here and please use this thread to discuss the event, both before and after the festivities. Hope to see you there!

Mr Jared

I'm currently attempting to train my coworkers in the finer arts of Resident Evil 5's controls :lol We'll see how it goes. Otherwise, this will be a great opportunity to meet new people, particularly those who will have the new Versus DLC, since the RE5 faithful will be out in full force. I just bought it myself, so it'll be fun to get shot in the face a whole lot while learning the ropes.

AndyD

aka andydumi
AranhaHunter said:
The Godfather space is actually pretty good, poker could be a little better implemented though.

They added a manhole in the plaza that is supposed to be the "Maintenance Area", right now there's not a whole lot, but I must say that in these 4 1/2 months Home has expanded greatly, I think when they launched they just had the Plaza, Mall, Theater, Bowling Alley, Uncharted and Far Cry, and they have more than doubled that right now....

The Maintenance area has 3-4 activities all linked to Xi. A pretty neat minigame too.

Oni Jazar

Star Trek @ Home.

star_trek_home.jpg

Red shirts and spacey mini-skirts are coming to Home as the upcoming Star Trek, helmed by J.J. Abrams, sets a course for the PS3 virtual hang out zone.

Paramount Pictures and Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that a series of Star Trek movie promotions would be beaming to Home users starting tomorrow. That includes "an exclusive video greeting" from Abrams and the newest Star Trekmovie trailer, both hitting Home as of Friday.

Also coming to Home are Starfleet uniforms and t-shirts, arriving in the Threads Store on April 23rd.

On Monday, April 20th, director J.J. Abrams and movie stars Chris "Kirk" Pine and Zachary "Spock" Quinto will visit Home for a Q&A session with "selected press and bloggers from around the world." That means Kotaku. And that means, if you have a burning question for Abrams, Pine or Quinto, we'll try to ask it on your behalf.

http://kotaku.com/5215289/star-trek-boldly-goes-to-playstation-home

jiggle

The texas hold'em game is really fun. but kinda difficult to play on a SDTV. XD

it's too bad your wallet is reset after every game though. Hopefully the EA space's poker table will keep track of a grand total somehow...

I found Capcom_s-kill in the RE5 space. He commented on some people dressed like Wesker then left. That was when I quit looking for Capcom and just went to go play RE5. Big waste of time, just like all the home events that involve going in and out of servers looking for people.

kevm3

I'm not really interested in Star Trek, but that's the kind of content that should be coming to Home. Exclusive interviews and trailers. The overall Home interface is solid. It just needs content to get people to go in there.

Wollan

kitch9 said:
Are there game spaces in the Euro home? I went in a few weeks ago and it appeared the same as when it was released!?!?
You should get involved with Xi (teleporter next to waterfall in Home square, look for graffiti).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
It is not the same, the amount of spaces have closed to tripled or so. You should get involved with Xi.

You should have suggested him to access the World Map. I'm sure quite a few Home users expect new areas to be "physically" connected to the Central Plaza or something. So they log in, see nothing new and then log out.

gantz85

Banned
TTP said:
You should have suggested him to access the World Map. I'm sure quite a few Home users expect new areas to be "physically" connected to the Central Plaza or something. So they log in, see nothing new and then log out.

If something like this has to be done = utter failure by the Home developers. :lol

I know they have to find their way and work things out but by god, there is some very poor leadership and management here.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
How would you suggest someone cramp the world into one location? I don't see your logic.

Yeah. But they should have some king of big ass notification thing popping up when something new is added. Like: "a new area has been added. Do you wan to visit it?" Yes -> Wold map appears with new areas blinking.

I for one didn't realize the Redbull area was up until I read it here. And I've seen quite a few Home visitors asking around about how to access it?

gantz85

Banned
TTP said:
Yeah. But they should have some king of big ass notification thing popping up when something new is added. Like: "a new area has been added. Do you wan to visit it?" Yes -> Wold map appears with new areas blinking.

Precisely.

Or world map as default interface, IMO.

They is nid brains on top... :lol Too bad there's no use even if I join Sony Asia.. all the key decisions are made in US/UK/JP. I would really want to get my hands dirty in console gaming.. :D

agm2502

The EA Sports complex in now available in Home, at least for the EU it is. They have releasedit as a English language only beta.. there's also some more clothes to buy in the V-Store.

agm2502

There are also free Star Trek uniforms in the Threads shop and some MySoti t-shirts but they cost around £1.59 each I think.

-Winnie-

Random question, but did they ever add footsteps in Home? I realised the lack of footsteps makes a lot of the spaces really, really quiet.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Wollan said:
How would you suggest someone cramp the world into one location? I don't see your logic.

I wonder what happens in the real world... *goes to check his overworld map and beams himself around the city*... there are ways :p.

The world map could be used like you used Fast Travel in Oblivion, to avoid traveling unless you really want to walk around.

MMO-lite? Let user reach locations in a more sensible manner... you can even do it using different hubs... Like go through this door to go to a world hub (space that is updated as new hubs are added) and from there chose your destination... and I do not think that more creative ways to do it are unfeasible :p.

Oni Jazar

-Winnie- said:
Random question, but did they ever add footsteps in Home? I realised the lack of footsteps makes a lot of the spaces really, really quiet.

No footsteps. The EA space was really unsettling in how quiet it is. No ambiance music, no ambiance voices, just an electrical hum. I guess it gets noiser when the vids are playing but jeez put up some background noise!

I tried the EA space for a few mins. It's devided into two sections so you need to download two different rooms. The golf game is not up yet. I couldn't get a spot in the racing game. I did play a little poker. It's similar to the Godfather poker but a little better. You can actually chat now while playing. The cards have a cool western look. It's still tournament style so no sitting in once the game starts. There are monitors above the tables when you get close so people can see the chips each player has but unfortunately you can't watch in on a game. No one was dancing on the tables.

I was short on time so I came in 2nd in Poker (wen't all in with a risky hand). Still got some Home rewards for it though.

They still need to address the issue of game instancing. It's extremely unsatifying when you can't play a game because it is occupied. A lot of Home games have solved this by allowing multiple people on one machine but I guess for multi-player games like bowling, pool & poker this isn't as easy a solution. I would think the easiest solution would be to allow the user to create a new instance of that home space. Then they could invite friends or have new users just pop in?

Wollan

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about what regulations they have for background music. :lol
Poker is nice, I like the monitor that smoothly pops up when you view someone's game.

Also got myself the free Star Trek costumes. No Xi update when I checked thirty minutes ago.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wollan said:
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about what regulations they have for background music. :lol
Poker is nice, I like the monitor that smoothly pops up when you view someone's game.

Also got myself the free Star Trek costumes. No Xi update when I checked thirty minutes ago.

Yeah, Poker was fun, won a shirt. And you win home items from racing.

I hate how EU gets all the free stuff... Watchmen, and now StarTrek.

Norml

Wollan said:

They are free?

I won 2 shirts playing the racing game.:D

Wollan

Oni Jazar said:
Xi updated yesterday so I wouldn't expect anything on that until tomorrow.
They have been updating every weekday for the last month so today would be the first miss if that's the case. It will probably turn up (if not already).

Oni Jazar

Wollan said:
They have been updating every weekday for the last month so today would be the first miss if that's the case. It will probably turn up (if not already).

You sure every day? I would say every other day. I do like the constant updates though. That is exactly what I thought Home should've had from the start. Give people a reason to keep coming back often.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Are the star trek shirts just freebies in the store? If so I might have to pop in. Haven't been to the poker space yet either.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What ? SF IV game lauch from HOME ?
And what about R2 !? :mad:

iceatcs

I like the idea of using very low polygons on Disgaea space just like the game. I wish it could change your avatar to 2D pixel.

They need to add character development to home.

If they add random acts of violence, a criminal status and police chases... I'm in. Oh yes, we will need a cover system. :lol

EktorPR

Just checked out "Threads" and there is a new tee branded as the "inFAMOUS and Uncharted tee", promising a new, "electrifying" announcement on April 27th if you download and wear it. It's unavailable at the moment, saying "Error" where the price is supposed to be.

Fersis

adamsappel said:
I'm always amused when I visit Home that I am the only fat guy in the entire place! :lol
My avatar was kind of chubby... but ive lost weight so i update the avatar too :lol

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
ScrabbleBanshee said:
They need to add character development to home.

If they add random acts of violence, a criminal status and police chases... I'm in. Oh yes, we will need a cover system. :lol
I like the way you think!

Top Bottom