• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Turk said:
2e5shfn.jpg

My opinion. Look at the eye, the eye brow, the eye lashes.

The one on the left is game resolution, the one on the right is not. Don't expect them to look identical, and the eyelashes are where you would expect much more detail, so they are fuller.

EDIT: Anyone else finds it weird that this is the first time we see pre-rendered MGS characters????

Ether_Snake said:
The one on the left is game resolution, the one on the right is not. Don't expect them to look identical, and the eyelashes are where you would expect much more detail, so they are fuller.
But look at the shapes of the eyes. Raiden's curve upwards on the bottom towards the middle. The other one's much rounder.

This one eye wouldn't be exposed if it wasn't a clue. Simple as that. Blocking the other eye off makes this a difference just subtle enough that it definitely means something.

Wow. I just remembered....at the event before MGS4's release, when they showed the "hollywood" trailer for MGS4 at that movie theater, wasn't there a voiceover from Ocelot having a one sided phone conversation where he brings up "the sequel"?

hmmmmmmmmm

seat

Ether_Snake said:
But the model quality is of much higher resolution than the in-game models, it's like pre-rendered. Maybe this is...

A Metal Gear Advent Children type of deal?:p
All this hype and build-up for some pre-rendered MGS movie? That would suck, but I guess it could be a possibility.

The new cyborg seems to suggest that it may happen before MGS4 (but not too far off). Its technology looks rougher (in turn looking more badass), especially with how they deal with the lower jaw (Raiden's solution looks more 'elegant' versus the Snatcher/T800 jaw of the new cyborg).

Cartman86

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

EDIT: Anyone else finds it weird that this is the first time we see pre-rendered MGS characters????

Very strange. Unless these are actually in-game models.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
typo said:
The new cyborg seems to suggest that it may happen before MGS4 (but not too far off). Its technology looks rougher (in turn looking more badass), especially with how they deal with the lower jaw (Raiden's solution looks more 'elegant' versus the Snatcher/T800 jaw of the new cyborg).

Yeah that's why it looks like it was made by an individual, and my guess would be Otacon, always making high tech stuff by himself. The sloppiness of the build, the bandanna, the stitching, etc.

Cartman86 said:
Very strange. Unless these are actually in-game models.

Impossible. MGS4's models were never anywhere close to that quality, even the TGS2005 trailer one. No one can make in-game characters look that good on current gen.

EDIT: I know why the eye is red; there is no more visor, so the eye itself has the functions of the visor's eyes.

jett

D-Member
Ether_Snake said:

O rly? The TGS 2005 trailer was pretty much all bullshit... :p

mgs3-5.jpg

The Boss is the only character who could be a cyborg at the same time that Big Boss is that young. They pick up her nearly-dead carcass after BB shoots her and freeze her until they can robotize her. :eek: And change her eye color...

jett

D-Member
Turk said:
2e5shfn.jpg

My opinion. Look at the eye, the eye brow, the eye lashes.

Protip: The Raiden on the left doesn't exist in MGS4.

The final model actually looks more girly than the NEXT picture

ehayxw.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:

But the two characters here are CG.

Anyway, I did a better job:

der2xf.jpg

Even then it's still Raiden Mk 2 to me.

seat

Turk said:
Also here's the new Ninja photoshopped on the model used for Laughing Octopus (a woman).
That's some nice photoshoppin' there!

shagg_187 said:
Sadly, she also has blue eyes (In game and in person). Ofcourse, she could be camouflaging.
In fact, if we throw Octocamo into the mix, these two characters could be possibly be anyone.

Cartman86

Banned
jett said:

I thought it was real time on specs given for PS3 that turned out BS? I assume this new game is on PS3 and 360. Both pieces of hardware that people are familiar with.

jett

D-Member
Ether_Snake said:

For MGS4 KojiPro first created high-res/poly models, and from there it generated lower quality models to be used in the game proper. That's probably what we're looking at here, the high-res models + offline rendered lighting and shit.

edit: You people are unbelievable, seriously. When has Raiden NOT looked feminine as fuck? Jeezus.

Turk

Ether_Snake said:

Anyway, I did a better job:

http://i40.tinypic.com/der2xf.jpg[IMG]

Even then it's still Raiden Mk 2 to me.[/QUOTE]

tanod

when is my burrito
Prediction time (last one):

1) Announcing a MG1 prequel or remake on the PSP which doesn't carry the portable ops branding. New gameplay style.

2) Announcing MGS5 for PS360 and it stars Raiden and/or new robochick. Can't predict a time frame. Time frame is either immediately before or after MGS4.

Robochick is either Boss or Olga.

I'm done predicting now. I was totally not expecting a MG announcement for this E3 so as we long as we get one, E3 2009 will assuredly be awesome for me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
RagnarokX said:

BINGO

This is a Snatcher. 100% sure now:D

You got your Snatcher in my Metal Gear!

Even the red eye is there.

SNATCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Raiden, it's Raiden Mk 2!

EDIT: I bet the eye under the bandanna will light up red before the countdown ends.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The rain has gotten stronger no? It's falling at an angle and all. Or was that already like this?

okay what the fuck

last time i checked in was when the big boss face started flashing. i went back and now it's raining REALLY HARD with more letters and numbers popping up. the last countdown didn't even finish!

where are these new images coming from? someone fill me in please!

jett

D-Member
autobzooty said:
okay what the fuck

last time i checked in was when the big boss face started flashing. i went back and now it's raining REALLY HARD with more letters and numbers popping up. the last countdown didn't even finish!

where are these new images coming from? someone fill me in please!

adobephotoshop.jpg

Top Bottom