• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Shiny the Firefly (Padaone Games | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $19.99 thru 5/28 (was $39.99)
  • Bombing Bastards (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) until June 1 Upcoming 05/25
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator - $6.99 thru 6/4 (was $7.99)
  • Master Reboot - $7.49 thru 6/18 (was $14.99)
  • Shiny the Firefly - $6.99 thru 6/20 (was $9.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Retro City Rampage DX - $4.99 thru 5/28 (was $9.99)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 thru 5/28 (was $29.99)
  • 3D MahJongg - $3.99 thru 6/4 (was $4.99)
  • Gardenscapes - $5.99 thu 6/4 (was $7.99)
  • I Love My Little Boy - $14.99 thru 6/4 (was $24.99)
  • I Love My Little Girl - $14.99 thru 6/4 (was $24.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 - $5.99 thru 6/4 (was $6.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami - $4.99 thru 6/4 (was $7.99)
  • Battleminer - $3.99 thru 6/18 (was $7.99)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Shiny the Firefly (Padaone Games | Demo)

• Paper Mario (Nintendo | N64 *EU Version* | €9.99 | £8.99)
    TM_N64_PaperMario_search_thumb.png

• Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo | €14.99 | £13.49 until 05/28, then €19.99 | £17.99)
    PS_Wii_KirbyEpicYarn_enGB_search_thumb.png

Wii U | Sales

• Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - €6.99 / £6.49 / CHF 7.00 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Thomas Was Alone - €3.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut - €5.99 / £4.99 / CHF 8.40 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • The Swapper - €7.49 / £5.99 / CHF 8.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • OlliOlli - €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 7.00 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Master Reboot - €5.99 / £4.99 / CHF 8.40 until 18/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Shiny The Firefly - €6.99 / £6.29 / CHF 9.80 until 20/06/2015 22:59 UTC.

• Adventure Bar Story (Circle Ent. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - €14.99 / £13.49 / CHF 21.00 until 28.05.2015 22:59 UTC.
  • 3D Game Collection - €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Funfair Party Games - €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Gardenscapes - €5.99 / £4.49 / CHF 5.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Jewel Match 3 - €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Safari Quest - €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • URBAN TRIAL FREESTYLE™ - €1.99 / £1.69 / CHF 2.80 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
  • Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX - €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 6.99 until 21/06/2015 22:59 UTC.

uxwGK.png

jholmes

OK so Blocky Bot is like $2.50 Canadian, looks all right and has this as its eShop trailer. Vector Assault also looks neat.

Wasn't going to get anything this week but I'll definitely check out the reviews on these.

Super EDF? Sweet, SNES VC lives and it's about time VC got another shmup, and it's one so haven't played. I just wish I could upgrade my copy of Gradius III.

Edit: Blocky Bot is out now and it's only 1.99?? Sweet, I really enjoyed Paper Monsters Recut, Mobot Studios seems pretty ace so far.

terrisus

sörine

Banned
Was that one also an ESRB leak, or does it full on counter the Natsume thing?
I believe Natsume. I don't doubt if they could release Lufia II and the SNES Pocky & Rocky games that they would. Natsume's probably the most fan oriented major publisher on Nintendo systems, they're well aware of the demand for those games.

ESRB doesn't tend to release ratings early so I wouldn't take this a sign of anything. Metal Marines (and Pac-Attack) was sort of a fluke. It's also possible those games were going to release last summer when the ratings came out but were pushed down the queue for some unknown reason.

Also, from what I'm seeing, no, this isn't listed on the ESRB's site. The WII version is, but not the Wii U. Not to mention it seems to be a different publisher. Wii was published by Jaleco, while Wii U seems to be "Hamster Co.".
Hamster bought Jaleco's properties a couple years back, all Jaleco's games on 3DS & Wii U VC are published by them (City Connection, Bases Loaded, Maru's Mission, Fortified Zone, Avenging Spirit, Brawl Bros, etc).

Are there any Castlevania fans here?

I have little over 8€ funds on the eshop and I'm in the mood to get into the series. I only played two of the DS games.

So which one of the GBA- or SNES-games available can you recommend the most.
Dividing them by type these are my favorites on Wii U VC.

Classicvania
1 Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
2 Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES)
3 Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
4 Castlevania (NES)

Metroidvania
1 Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
2 Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
3 Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
4 Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

terrisus

sörine;164708604 said:
I believe Natsume. I don't doubt if they could release Lufia II and the SNES Pocky & Rocky games that they would.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
http://gonintendo.com/stories/23391...cing-and-tank-action-to-nintendo-systems-this

Anything to care about here?

Gotcha Racing (Nintendo 3DS)
Enjoy the fast-paced action of a top-down racing game with a twist: parts you use to make your car are dispensed by Capsule Machines! As you progress through the game and gain access to better Capsule Machines, your car will become the envy of the racing world! Try to make the ultimate, unbeatable car!
Race on 12 different tracks, compete in Grand Prix races, and conquer six different racing grades while trying your luck with numerous capsule machines to unlock! Combine parts to raise their stats before using StreetPass to race against other players and receive even more parts! Don't blink, or you'll miss this high-octane racing game available for Nintendo 3DS this July!
Brave Tank Hero (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U)
Paradise City has been invaded! It's up to you, brave soldier, to help take the city back! Complete over 50 action-packed Missions in this 3D action tank game! Power up your tank to take on the increasingly difficult enemies, replay Missions to get better rankings to help power up your tank, and use your radar to plan key tactical strikes!
Choose from 3 different types of tanks to take on the enemy, including huge and fearsome boss tanks! Defeat the invading forces to return the "Paradise" back to Paradise City! Make sure to keep this game on your radar, soldier! Brave Tank Hero will be available for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U this August.

Nairume

Banned
Since I was basically done with 1001 Spikes anyway, I decided to download the patch to see how exactly they messed up the controls.

Turns out that what's going on is that pressing right now registers as Down+Right, meaning you always crouch.

Nicalis!

sörine;164708604 said:
I believe Natsume. I don't doubt if they could release Lufia II and the SNES Pocky & Rocky games that they would. Natsume's probably the most fan oriented major publisher on Nintendo systems, they're well aware of the demand for those games.
Yeah, though, going back, Natsume had already said themselves that they were wanting to focus on newer stuff too, which makes it sound less like Nintendo is refusing to allow new SNES games and more that they are just encouraging developers to focus on newer stuff and Natsume is just happily obliging.

With as much fan demand as there is for Lufia 2, I can see them probably figuring that the GBA/DS Harvest Moons probably have more demand to them.

TheMoon

Since I was basically done with 1001 Spikes anyway, I decided to download the patch to see how exactly they messed up the controls.

Turns out that what's going on is that pressing right now registers as Down+Right, meaning you always crouch.

Nicalis!

Quality work. Someone must really care. -.-

Nicalis!

Maybe pressing up left registers as left?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Any comment also on Cube Life (minecraft clone) and Q.U.B.E - DIRECTOR'S CUT, which looks like it's finally releasing this summer?

Honestly looking at the trailers, Cube Life doesn't look half bad (probably the better of the minecraft clones from what I can see).

Nope! Left works like normal, but right defaults to down+right. Right+Up works like normal, though.

Also seems like the cutscene skip command is broken.

Ah for some reason I thought more of the dpad controls were broken. My mistake.
So it added off-tv play but broke everything else. neat.

RiggyRob

Not to dredge up past discussions, but how bad exactly is Paper Mario being the EU version/50Hz rather than the US version/60Hz?

I know the music's been corrected to be the same speed, but how is the gameplay like having to time pressing A during an attack to do more damage etc.? I've heard that ALttP has sped up music and Super Metroid has difficulty in timing jumps, but Donkey Kong 64 seems to be OK, so I was just wondering what the extent of the 'damage' is.

Robin64

Not to dredge up past discussions, but how bad exactly is Paper Mario being the EU version/50Hz rather than the US version/60Hz?

The entire game runs about 20% slower (aside from the music), but it doesn't exhibit the same weird frame-skipping that the SNES games do. Timing should be fine.

Robin64

While I despise the 50Hz games on the EU VC, one thing that isn't wrong is the music. Every game's music, LttP included, is fine.

...except for Balloon Fight.

TheMoon

While I despise the 50Hz games on the EU VC, one thing that isn't wrong is the music. Every game's music, LttP included, is fine.

...except for Balloon Fight.

Yup, Balloon Fight is a hilariously broken mess. No excuses for that.

@RiggyRob:
Everything else is fine. music wise, you will not find a 50Hz game anywhere from the SNES times that has any problems in that regard (unless maybe some crappy third party game or something). The only real reason we're still hung up on the 50Hz thing right now is that Wii U can't really properly output 50Hz anymore unlike the Wii and this causes noticeable problems for some people while others either don't notice anything or don't care (I'm leaning towards the latter camp).

GWX

Seeing what happened to 1001 Spikes today made me really worried about 90's Arcade Racer =( Nicalis pls

Blocky Bot is great. Really addictive and charming with nice, upbeat music. You can tell they're sort of aping on the same style Bit Trip Runner 2 did, with it's goofy fake advertisements, bizarre characters and risk reward system.

I like it. $2 is a steal.

Should also mention that Swords and Soldiers 2 is great too. Much higher production values than the first and the mechanics have been refined to be much easier to get in to. Stop being cheap and support good exclusive content.

GulAtiCa

That Stone Shire game looks bad.. Looked at a video of it, and as a Minecraft game, it is barely one at all..

Better to wait for that other Minecraft clone that comes out in June, that looks much better, and looks/feels more like Minecraft

Heads up: there's an off-tv patch for 1001 Spikes on Wii U but it adds several new bugs including a bug that makes it impossible to walk to the right using the d-pad, so, uh, don't update.
...Really? Wow. I just started 1,001 spikes after buying it on sale awhile ago so I should not update.
Really it was the 3DS version so I should be safe.

But seriously. I know theres this whole thing about not saying devs are lazy but what lazy developers.

OMG Aero

Has anyone bought Kirby Epic Yarn on Wii U?
I just looked at the eshop page for it and under the accessories section it says:
The following controllers are required to play this game.
  • Wii U GamePad
The following controllers are optional.
  • Wii Remote

Whereas other Wii games on Wii U (such as Kirby's Adventure Wii) say:
The following controllers are required to play this game.
  • Wii Remote
And don't mention the Gamepad at all, so I was wondering whether they actually made it so you could play Epic Yarn with the Gamepad as a controller or if that's just a mistake on the eshop.

Pokemaniac

Has anyone bought Kirby Epic Yarn on Wii U?
I just looked at the eshop page for it and under the accessories section it says:

Whereas other Wii games on Wii U (such as Kirby's Adventure Wii) say:

And don't mention the Gamepad at all, so I was wondering whether they actually made it so you could play Epic Yarn with the Gamepad as a controller or if that's just a mistake on the eshop.

If the original game supported the classic controller, then if you buy it from the eShop, you can play it with the Gamepad.

sörine

Banned
Yeah, though, going back, Natsume had already said themselves that they were wanting to focus on newer stuff too, which makes it sound less like Nintendo is refusing to allow new SNES games and more that they are just encouraging developers to focus on newer stuff and Natsume is just happily obliging.

With as much fan demand as there is for Lufia 2, I can see them probably figuring that the GBA/DS Harvest Moons probably have more demand to them.
That's not what Natsume stated though, they said it was Nintendo who was done with licensing additional SNES (and presumably NES) titles and were now focusing on N64/GBA/DS. Which isn't at all hard to believe given how VC works.

I also doubt Natsume believes there's more demand for Pocky & Rocky GBA than the SNES titles. Or Lufia GBC than Lufia II. It's not like it's Harvest Moon versus these options, they're about to flood us with Medabots shovelware and probably oddities like Car Battler Joe or CIMA The Enemy. They just missed the window, they'll probably deliver next time on NX VC.

OMG Aero

If the original game supported the classic controller, then if you buy it from the eShop, you can play it with the Gamepad.
The original game only supported the Wii remote just like Kirby's Adventure Wii did, which is why I'm wondering whether if it's just a mistake on the eshop or if they actually did some extra work with Epic Yarn to let you use the gamepad instead of a Wii remote.

Pokemaniac

The original game only supported the Wii remote just like Kirby's Adventure Wii did, which is why I'm wondering whether if it's just a mistake on the eshop or if they actually did some extra work with Epic Yarn to let you use the gamepad instead of a Wii remote.

I have no idea, then. Someone from Europe would have to try it out.

Nairume

Banned
sörine;164750721 said:
That's not what Natsume stated though, they said it was Nintendo who was done with licensing additional SNES (and presumably NES) titles and were now focusing on N64/GBA/DS.
The specific quote was that Nintendo's interests were on other systems. While it could mean that they are done with NES and SNES, it doesn't explicitly say that they are.

That said, I'm not expecting the Lufia 2/P&R situation to change any time soon. Definitely not until after we see a bunch of GBA and DS games from Natsume drop.
Which could give us the amusing situation of us getting the other Lufia 2 before we get the one people want.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
That Stone Shire game looks bad.. Looked at a video of it, and as a Minecraft game, it is barely one at all..

Better to wait for that other Minecraft clone that comes out in June, that looks much better, and looks/feels more like Minecraft

I assume you're talking about Cube Life? Yeh I was actually somewhat impressed at that since it actually feels mostly like Minecraft.

BooJoh

I have puzzle and dragons 3ds preordered on the U.S. eshop. When tonight will that game become playable?

Should be 12am ET/9pm PT

Are there any Castlevania fans here?

I have little over 8€ funds on the eshop and I'm in the mood to get into the series. I only played two of the DS games.

So which one of the GBA- or SNES-games available can you recommend the most.

Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA metroidvania by far and one of the best games of the series. Super Castlevania is really good as classicvanias go, but I would recommend AoS if you want more bang for your buck.

Should be 12am ET/9pm PT

Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA metroidvania by far and one of the best games of the series. Super Castlevania is really good as classicvanias go, but I would recommend AoS if you want more bang for your buck.

Ok, I was confused because the game download was saying it was available after an update, but the update said its still not authorized.

I'm torn about best GBA castlevania. I've played through Circle of the moon more and enjoy the cards and music, but I feel that aria has the better combat and story.

GulAtiCa

I assume you're talking about Cube Life? Yeh I was actually somewhat impressed at that since it actually feels mostly like Minecraft.
Yep. As someone who spent hundred of hours in the PS4 Minecraft, Cube Life does look like it will be a suitable substitute for Minecraft feed. Even UCraft is starting to look pretty decent (but I am iffy on the game cause the dev is...).

I can't believe Stone Shire is charging near $8 for a game that is empty..

So the Canadian dollar is creeping up to about 82 cents right now after falling really hard for most of 2015. In 2014 when the dollar was near par with the greenback we were getting pretty well gouged and I certainly didn't like that. I know I speak for a lot of Canadian gamers in saying while we understand a weaker dollar means worse prices, what we're concerned about is the dollar getting back near par and having to fight to get good game prices again. (Most of us are the types who grew up unable to afford Final Fantasy III on SNES for $100, for example. The '90s were a tough time for gamers in the Great White North.)

Without going into the politics of the Canadian economy and its effects on currency, a lot of us think the dollar will continue to climb but many economists think with the price of oil it will at least stay at 80 cents, if not fall further. I love that Virtual Console games are still at par and hope that never changes, but I really don't expect that from indies -- I'd buy your game at $2.25 just as I'd buy it at $2. What I think is unfair is when the prices are completely out of whack with the exchange rate, or when they're put to really weird numbers like $9.69 instead of $9.50 or $10.

To make that long story short: at 90 cents and up, I'd like to see it priced the same because really who cares. At 80 cents I just want the numbers to be normal and fair.
Thanks for the input. I agree. I looked at the CA eShop page on Nintendo.com, and saw some odd increases. Some were the same and some were just slightly higher, which I think is mostly fair. But several were way different. That's just bad looking.

Since it looks like the exchange rate is improving, I'd prob keep the prices equal. Think I might adjust sales slightly different to help account for the exchange rate, like $0.1 difference, from time to time depending on how the market is.

Top Bottom