• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Skull_Splosion

Neo Member
The hype is real. Is it possible Fallout 4's marketing could have it selling better than Skyrim in the end?

By hipster logic, this means that Fallout 4 is no longer cool. (jk)

I predict that FO4 will surpass Skyrim over time if not from the beginning. However, I'm not saying one is better than the other. They're both unique in their own aspects.

Warablo

The early adopter crowd on consoles is the biggest buyer group and the most rabid are jumping on digital, where you can't cancel. Not to mention stats showing that if you get someone to pre-order, they are more likely to get the game than people who decide to buy upon release. If they get you on board now without hearing about last gen, they've got you for good.

Anyway, I usually wait to the day before to pre-order digitally.

Chabbles

Announcing it a month before would be a stupid marketing decision.

What if they dont say shit about lastgen versions until next year after current gen is released and long out of the way ? (assuming its dropping this year), long after people have bought the current gen version and season pass. All people would be left to do is complain and say they're never buying another beth game again bs, im sure beth are used to that already. People will always come back... only time will tell i guess.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So the Fallout series is 50% off on Steam, has it ever been 75%? I'm not dying to play it, but I'm tempted to pick up New Vegas for £5.

I'm going to be very disappointed if this is cross gen.

I really hope this game isn't designed with systems that only have 512MB of RAM in mind.

Bl@de

So the Fallout series is 50% off on Steam, has it ever been 75%? I'm not dying to play it, but I'm tempted to pick up New Vegas for £5.

Get the ultimate version. Extra areas in the dlc are nice.
Oh and get 1+2 if you like great RPGs

Btw. F:NV Ultimate was already at 5€ (80%). The summer sale is coming up and it's always a daily

I really hope this game isn't designed with systems that only have 512MB of RAM in mind.

You mean 256MB of Ram baseline iirc.

And people wonder why I might be averse to that future. No, seriously, as hyped as I am for the prospect of a great Fallout 4, if it turns out this shit's actually cross gen, then fuck it. I'll wait til it's on sale and mods are out a few years from now. Because fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Lothars

Agreed, I think it's a huge negative for the game if it is. It's a good way to hurt the game before it comes out.

rjinaz

Yeah this exactly. I want this game to be massive and rich with content, even more so than Fallout 3. Considering how that game ran on last gen consoles, I don't think it would be possible to outdo it, just match it. I'm really hoping for current gen only.

-duskdoll-

tumblr_npbcw2Rhgf1r1juiro1_500.gif

It's better logic than your using saying that it automatically exists with no proof.

If they exist than yes but that doesn't mean they do.

them not being direct with us means we are probably gonna end up playing a game that could have been much much more

the worst part is not knowing for sure while the current gen versions are around

then waiting a whole year to get confirmation for last gen versions will make us definitely feel like shit at a much later time when they could have just been straight from the get go

we want to secure the best possible FO4 but if bethesda is gonna treat us like money making tools then give us the news a year later then well shit

Lothars

them not being direct with us means we are probably gonna end up playing a game that could have been much much more

the worst part is not knowing for sure while the current gen versions are around

then waiting a whole year to get confirmation for last gen versions will make us definitely feel like shit at a much later time when they could have just been straight from the get go

we want to secure the best possible FO4 but if bethesda is gonna treat us like money making tools then give us the news a year later then well shit
I agree I just believe it's not the case because it really makes no sense that they would release a last gen version a year later. I assume that the majority of games next year will not be cross gen and the releases for xbox 360 and ps3 will be getting smaller and smaller.

Alright keep attacking me bro.
I am not attacking you

Costia

Historical lowest on steam for FO3 GOTY is 5$. Same for FO:NV ultimate edition.
I would wait for the summer sale.

Do it. It's not the greatest game around but it's certainly a massive improvement over it's predecessor.
It's a very ambitious game which I feel could have been a lot better if Obsidian hadn't been constrained by another companies foolishness

Also, get Fallout 1 and 2.

I agree I just believe it's not the case because it really makes no sense that they would release a last gen version a year later. I assume that the majority of games next year will not be cross gen and the releases for xbox 360 and ps3 will be getting smaller and smaller.

IWantToBelieve.jpg

but bethesda reps not being straight really isnt helping

I didn't at all. If they do exist then the damage is done so you should want to know if they do now.

All I said was I won't complain until we get confirmation that there is something to complain about. You somehow got the idea I said cross gen has no downsides.

DOWN

Banned

I am not attacking you
Stop saying a year later. It could be much sooner. That reddit post is not the center of the universe.

Steel

Banned
I like how graphics suddenly don't matter when it comes to bethesda games.

I frankly don't care about graphics much for any game. On the contrary, I dislike what the push for cutting edge graphics has done to the gaming industry financially. But yeah, go ahead and generalize.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's probably cross-gen but it doesn't really matter to me either way. Provided the PS4/XBO/PC versions are scaled up well, as with something like BF4 or Shadow of Mordor.

I am not attacking you
There's not really a reason to think it would release a year later. I wonder why they're keeping silent about it though?

If you're gonna lie, might as well make the trailer look impossibly nice a la Witcher 3.

It's probably cross-gen but it doesn't really matter to me either way. Provided the PS4/XBO/PC versions are scaled up well, as with something like BF4 or Shadow of Mordor.

those versions weren't 'scaled up well', they were built for PS4/XBO level hardware and ported down, shoddily, I might add.

Do you think Fallout 3 would have looked the same or had all the same features if it also had to fit and run on PS2 and Xbox? Hell no

Compsiox

Banned
Crossgen probably won't only affect graphics if they always had Crossgen in mind during development.

RPGCrazied

I can't see how it's not cross-gen looking like it is

Well, I will say if it does indeed go to PS3, it will look nothing like the trailer. It will be 720p only with 0 AA, maybe even sub HD. Will have screen tearing, uglier textures. So even if it did go cross gen, it would look better on PS4/Xbox One and even more better on PC.

Top Bottom