• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think there's a potential of The Last of Us 2 getting shown at E3 next year? U4 will be out and I think all eyes will be on NDs next game.

TLoU2 will be huge though.

Doubt it. It'll be at least a couple of years in development after UC4, so they probably won't want to be showing it until the following E3. I'd really love them to deviate and make something else first, but I don't think they will. By that time hopefully ND will be able to sustain two concurrent full developments.

Kallor

No way, earliest you can expect even a teaser is PSX/VGAs next year.

Don't they have two teams now? The Last of Us 2 could be rolling around faster than any of us expect. They showed the teaser for the Last of Us just a few months after Uncharted 3 came out...

But yeah, Last Of Us 2 is going to be huge. Bet its even bigger than UC4.

Lingitiz

I feel like if ND announces anything within the next year or two it will probably be a new IP. It seems unlikely they do a TLOU sequel unless Neil and Bruce are available, so I could realistically expect that to be possible in late 2017?

The rest of the year probably looks like this: Quantic Dream new game, updates on Dreams, Wild, Rime, and more SCE+indie partnerships at Paris. Gravity Rush 2 and other Studio Japan games at TGS, and updates on all these games and the tease for GoW4 at PSX.

Game4life

Banned
Shu trolling Nintendo:

ShuLucky.jpg

lol

We should be seeing projects soon from Suckerpunch, Polyphony Digital and Quantic Dream atleast.

Waaay to early for sucker punch. E3 next year at the earliest on them I would say.

But Paris Game show = Quantic Dream big reveal. No way they do a press show there and dont reveal what their big French studio is working on.

I feel like if ND announces anything within the next year or two it will probably be a new IP. It seems unlikely they do a TLOU sequel unless Neil and Bruce are available, so I could realistically expect that to be possible in late 2017?

The rest of the year probably looks like this: Quantic Dream new game, updates on Dreams, Wild, Rime, and more SCE+indie partnerships at Paris. Gravity Rush 2 and other Studio Japan games at TGS, and updates on all these games and the tease for GoW4 at PSX.

Yeah I agree with that, TLOU 2 is Druckleys babby and don't think they would have the concept for that game ready, I think they will be given a year or whatever to come up with an idea whilst another couple members in the studio take up the director roles. We did not hear of mass firings when Hennig and the other guy left the studio so would have to think they have the capacity to have other employees capable of taking up the director roles.

Edit - I recall someone on this forum saying that ND already have a small group of employees working on their next big IP so yeah, I think once UC4 is out we will see a new IP and then TLOU 2 to finish off this generation.

It's a very exciting prospect that we are likely going to see Quantic Dreams next game (Beyond was a misfire though), Barlogs GOW game and maybe even GT7 by the end of this year, the first party titles shown so far have really started shaping up well.

Insider drops hints about this? The only MH game I can see that might appear on PS platforms is the free to play frontier version. I also think if they might pull a Bayonetta 2 for Gravity Rush. You buy the sequel and it would include Gravity Rush 1 on disc or download code.

Verendus already said we would be getting two Monster Hunter titles on PS4, so yeah.
#insider #confirmed

I don't remember him saying that, he said Sony is in talks with Capcom about another MH game but nothing confirmed it yet.

Here is his list:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG (World of Final Fantasy)
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

P.S: We only have one title confirmed btw

Chobel

He said an MH game is happening on PS4 and that he is willing to do a ban bet.

Here is his list:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

He was talking about Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 I think

He said there are 2 MH games coming to the PS4

Do you have a link?

Elios83

Pretty curious to know about the 'really great project' that Japan Studio is making and Shuei Yoshida mentioned in the 30 minutes interview.

Btw talking about first/second party games I guess that Gravity Rush 2, Level 5 new PS4 RPG and Bloodborne first expansion will debut at TGS among with an update on Minna no Sports Resort.
At Paris we'll see Quantic Dream and more Media Molecule.
In December they'll announce God of War 4.

That leaves on the table the announcement of Gran Turismo 7, Sony Bend PS4 horror game and the new Sucker Punch project.

I don't think we'll see other major stuff announced from them this year.

Vena

He was talking about Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 I think.

This is all but confirmed at this point, courtesy Nirolak in our MC threads:

Don't need to go to Verendus for that one.

Capcom Korea's job postings suggest you're getting Monster Hunter Frontier 2.

Nothing else is set in stone as far as we're aware, and if anything is planned it won't be for years yet after MHF2.

Verendus

Banned
Here is his list:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy X spin-off

FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Prince of Persia
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

I've deleted the ones you don't need to worry about anymore since they've been announced.

Now which are the two I wasn't sure about out of the italicized? It's going to be hilarious coming back to this list next year. More hilarious when people realise what an obvious thing they missed from that initial post.

Ainsz

Here is his list:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

New Rockstar IP? Is this a legitimate list? Any info on the listed titles? New Rockstar IP?

Chobel

I've deleted the ones you don't need to worry about anymore since they've been announced.

Now which are the two I wasn't sure about out of the italicized? It's going to be hilarious coming back to this list next year. More hilarious when people realise what an obvious thing they missed from that initial post.

If I had to guess: FF6 remake and New Sega Action/Adventure IP

Wait so the SE console RPG was NieR or did I miss something?

Edit: Also Verendus, so you can answer Chobel there are two MH titles coming to PS4 correct, still trying to find your post with that brief mention.

Here is his list:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

I hope all of this happens.

Verendus

Banned
World of FF was the FF spin-off RPG, New SE RPG IP was Setsuna, SE crossover was reference to SExPlatnium Game's Nier, and the Naval RPG was Sea of Thieves aka the reason I was so excited for MS's conference only to be dealt another crushing blow of disappointment. New EA and Ubisoft IP were Unraveled and For Honour or whatever it's called.

Guess it's time to go suck some dick to see if there are any other Naval RPGs.

I-hate-u

Anyone else wonder how come MGSV was absent from MS and Sony's presser? For one of the biggest games of the year, I haven't seen anything @ E3 from the game except the Keighley trailer. Konami karma?

Chobel

Project Setsuna I think, because he said new IP.

Stealth edit: Yep, I was right.

World of FF was the FF spin-off RPG, New SE RPG IP was Setsuna, SE crossover was reference to SExPlatnium Game's Nier, and the Naval RPG was Sea of Thieves aka the reason I was so excited for MS's conference only to be dealt another crushing blow of disappointment.

Fuck :-(

World of FF was the FF spin-off RPG, New SE RPG IP was Setsuna, SE crossover was reference to SExPlatnium Game's Nier, and the Naval RPG was Sea of Thieves aka the reason I was so excited for MS's conference only to be dealt another crushing blow of disappointment.

Thanks, also I knew you had connections with MS too, haha.

You are an interesting fellow indeed, hope you saw the edit I put on my previous post.

RPGamer92

Banned

Gonna guess FFVI (even though Nomura said he wants to do it, they
are all focused on VII) and POP.

crinale

Are those JRPG aren't announced at all, or they are already announced for Japanese market but no localization announcement yet?

BriGuy

Anyone else wonder how come MGSV was absent from MS and Sony's presser? For one of the biggest games of the year, I haven't seen anything @ E3 from the game except the Keighley trailer. Konami karma?
Konami probably wanted to charge money for using its likeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom