• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition Announced (PC/XB1)

see5harp

A definitive edition of a game that was released five months ago? Really? They should just release the extra content as free add-ons and that's it.

By all accounts people who bought and played the game were more than satisfied with the product that was released at launch. This is extra content that is entirely optional to buy.

MajorMane

One of the best games I've played all year for sure. Glad to see it getting some more support. I'll buy the DLC separately (if possible) for the right price. New music please?

Whoa, that's huge news.

My wallet is ready. Make it exciting and allow us to return to any location. Please no more locking out locations in exchange for set pieces. That's all I ask.

Kriken

Loved the game on XB1, hopefully it's just an update/free upgrade as I'd love to replay it on Steam and 100% it this time
stupid barriers *grumbles*

Guys,

We're super happy to announce this :) The idea behind the DE is that we listened to ALL the feedback you guys all gave us and if you didn't like something about Ori, we'll make sure that you don't have anything more to wish for with the DE. It's literally going to be the definitive version of Ori :)

We're also adding new areas and abilities and I think it's some of the best stuff we've done so far - so if you liked Ori, trust me, the DE will make you very happy. I think we're literally addressing every single thing people have asked for and we want to do a perfect job for you guys. I'm not allowed to say more than that atm, but we'll share more info in the upcoming weeks.

Again, thank you guys for your support. I hope we'll be able to make you proud of us :)

Good hype post, Thomas! I'm looking forward to it.

Is there anything to announce on the 360 version? Seems like an expansion ahead of that version being released would imply that it's not coming out?

Welfare

We're also adding new areas and abilities and I think it's some of the best stuff we've done so far - so if you liked Ori, trust me, the DE will make you very happy. I think we're literally addressing every single thing people have asked for and we want to do a perfect job for you guys. I'm not allowed to say more than that atm, but we'll share more info in the upcoming weeks.

NG+ HYPE

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Cool. I've been looking forward to playing this and it's n°1 on my Steam wishlist, but I guess I'll wait a little longer.

Guys,

We're super happy to announce this :) The idea behind the DE is that we listened to ALL the feedback you guys all gave us and if you didn't like something about Ori, we'll make sure that you don't have anything more to wish for with the DE. It's literally going to be the definitive version of Ori :)

Again, thank you guys for your support. I hope we'll be able to make you proud of us :)

Good stuff. Really awesome that you guys took the feedback and tackled it head on. I imagine a lot of the stuff people wanted wasn't particularly easy to do.

Looking forward to jumping back into Ori.

emag

Bought the base game a few months ago, but haven't yet gotten around to playing it. I suppose I should wait for the expansion/DE before starting?

Nabs

Neat. I can't wait to get more Ori. I hope it's priced nicely for owners of the game.

Bought the base game a few months ago, but haven't yet gotten around to playing it. I suppose I should wait for the expansion/DE before starting?

It's not coming for a while. I'd play it now and play it then.

Guys,

Yes, I'd like to be able to play the game, so please tell be if the 360 version is canceled.

Guys,

I just want to know of there is a retail release :)

big_z

The size of the game is about right as is. Not sure adding more areas is a good thing, maybe if those hot tub things lead to challenge areas that would be more ideal.

The game needs better balance as well. Enemies should take about 20% more damage from the get go and they respawn too quickly in some areas.

is this gonna patch the original game? hope they fixed that stupid area that you couldn't revisit to get 100%

This. Also doubling the hot tub things into fast travel points would be nice, even if they don't activate until that areas temple is cleared.

I finished the game but missed four achievements due to how you get locked out of areas.

Great game, looking forward to more.

I do wish that every environment was re-visitable after you beat it. Most of them were but a handful, because of the story, did not allow you to go back to them. I feel like they could have designed that better.

The size of the game is about right as is. Not sure adding more areas is a good thing, maybe if those hot tub things lead to challenge areas that would be more ideal.

Just trust us a bit, it's gonna be good :)

This. Also turning the hot tub things into fast travel points would be nice.

I finished the game but missed four achievements due to how you get locked out of areas.

We definitely hear ya. :)

Salsa

so do I keep playing the original or am I gonna have to replay it all when this is out

I thikn im halfway done

liking it a lot but not LOVING IT as much as some. It's a good fun game

Yay, more Ori! I was actually kinda sad when it ended and there was nothing left to do.

Guys,

Man, I adore Ori so much, but please, please, please make this some kind of discounted upgrade for existing owners. There's no way I'll pay full price for another copy so soon.

Did they ever address the performance hitches on XB1?

Was kind of jarring and took me out of the experience at times. Game was fantastic otherwise and I'd welcome additional content. Would be nice if they allowed you to revisit the dungeons as well.

Yay, more Ori! I was actually kinda sad when it ended and there was nothing left to do.

Man, I adore Ori so much, but please, please, please make this some kind of discounted upgrade for existing owners. There's no way I'll pay full price for another copy so soon.

Or at least make the things people asked for like NG+ and going back to areas for 100% a free patch. I understand if they want to charge for the new areas and abilities

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
You don't think they should sell DLC at all?

To be perfectly honest. It's bad enough when all the disc based $60 games have DLC every time you turn around but a $20 downloadable game? Come on. Instead of DLC, make sure the game is complete or use that DLC towards a sequel.

By all accounts people who bought and played the game were more than satisfied with the product that was released at launch. This is extra content that is entirely optional to buy.

I know that it's entirely optional just like it is for disc based $60 games but instead of releasing DLC, why not just include it in the game itself to begin with or save it for a sequel?

This is why I have $10 limit for ALL downloadable games as to me, anything more simply isn't worth the cost. And yeah, Ori is a great plat-former but to release a DE five months later is ridiculous. I thought Tomb Raider DE ten months later was bad but this is worse and it being downloadable game doesn't help.

Really hoping that gaming never goes all digital because I'll be done simply because every time you turn around, you'll be getting ripped off.

big_z

Did they ever address the performance hitches on XB1?

Was kind of jarring and took me out of the experience at times. Game was fantastic otherwise and I'd welcome additional content. Would be nice if they allowed you to revisit the dungeons as well.

I played through it about a month ago and it ran pretty well. Still a couple dips occasionally but nothing jarring.

hawk2025

I don't understand why Microsoft greenlights these 360 versions of games and then does their very very best to hide them as long as possible :p

Anyways, I'll gladly pay for some extra areas along with NG+ and no missable collectibles :O

Maybe there will be a "memory" orb or something like that letting us replay areas that would get locked before in the game? There has to be a natural way to do it.

Salsa

Not trying to dodge, just can't say anything about it yet.

this gonna address collectables? in the sense of being able to go back to get them all? that kinda bummed me out on my playthrough not being able to go back to some areas without warning

will regular version saves do anything with it?

Top Bottom