• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

is anyone else able to access the gallery or livetweet while playing DR:AE? for some reason it's asking me to close the game which it has never done before
Game uses all of the Vita's inner juice to run. That extra unlocked memory in the system? It's being used for you to run it, basically those functions are off while you play.

TOTP: Buy Danganronpa Another Episode. After you play Danganronpa 1 and 2.

autoduelist

Seeing as the TPS element is only half the combat element (there's also a brawler element sort of similar to Senran Kagura) and it's skewed to be challenging instead of adjustable or realistic, no.

I like challenging! So maybe...

Hmmm idk man. As much as I love the game, you are playing this for the story, not the gameplay. The game is essentially a good 80% dialogue, cutscenes, walking to places, solving puzzles or reading and 20% or less shooting enemies.

...oh.
hellllls no. Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. Oh well, at least I can spend the money elsewhere.

I just tried to download my free ps+ game on PS4 and its demanding i put in a credit card because i last signed in on a different console which was ps3. Anyone else ever see this before? Why the hell do they need my credit card info.

Fraud prevention, most likely. They are verifying your identity on a new machine to ensure your account hasn't been hijacked. From that perspective, it's a good thing, not a bad thing, even if it's a bit of a hassle and invasion of privacy.

Putosaure

Got an update for NFS:MW on Vita. But it seems that installation failed. Am I alone ?
It does that for Minecraft updates too, seems to install but when the bar is at 100%, I get an error message.

Takao

Banned
Game uses all of the Vita's inner juice to run. That extra unlocked memory in the system? It's being used for you to run it, basically those functions are off while you play.

Except for the part where the Japanese version lets you run apps in the background just fine. The game was out in JP long before Sony allowed that RAM boost.

Except for the part where the Japanese version lets you run apps in the background just fine. The game was out in JP long before Sony allowed that RAM boost.

Technically, it's possible that they're different with regards to resource handling - so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Prelude.

Is it me, or do the characters on that Code:Realize cover look like they were pulled directly from Amnesia: Memories?
(The protagonist and Shin).

No idea since I didn't play it but the art looks a lot better in C:R to me.
g1kio5jzao8j.jpg

2014-12-29-203037uvpzk.jpg

Can't wait for those! Shame it's digital only in the EU.
Aksys and all. Thankfully VGP exists.

Tapejara

Got an update for NFS:MW on Vita. But it seems that installation failed. Am I alone ?
It does that for Minecraft updates too, seems to install but when the bar is at 100%, I get an error message.

This has been happening to me for a lot of games. Minecraft and Zen Pinball off the top of my head, but its happened to other games as well.

Kudo

With firmware update 3.00 PS4 will get new feature "Communities", there's already big thread for GAF community here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106126
But I was thinking if people are interested in making smaller "PsnGAF" community once the update goes public, personally I feel like too big communities are harder to communicate with, so just an idea.
I'm not in the beta so I cannot create it but if someone that is and thinks it's a good idea, go ahead and reserve the name, but if people think it's too repetitive to have 2 GAF communities I can understand that too.

RK128

__a_modern_classic___by_syaming_li-d4142z4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WU1tUL1vIY

Hello everyone :). For new Vita Gaffers, my name is RK128 and I've been part of Vita Gaf for about two years at this point :). Thanks to Vita Gaf, I got my Vita and it was fantastic being part of the community :').

It sucked not being part of news and chats for 2 weeks with you guys....

But I moved on to other places; the Vita Lounge Forums (which has a fantastic community :D), the Vita LINE Chat (which rocks thanks to you guys) and using my Twitter a lot more than ever before. It was nice growing my social media presence honestly; making lemons out of lemonade so to speak :D.

A lot happened in my personal life too and…it was stressful. It was to the point of me getting very upset a few times X(. But thanks to the Vita LINE Chat and just growing up more throughout the two weeks, I dealt with all of that. I feel like stronger person in the end, so at least that happened.

One a more lighter note, I beat Rayman 3 HD and wrote a long review of the game on the Vita Lounge Forums; loved the game :’). Here is a link to one of the game’s best set of themes; some of the best music in the Rayman series, though the series has a great soundtrack already XD. Also played all of the PS+ games on PS3 and Vita, enjoying all of them quite a bit :D.

I also went back to college (started this Monday) and have been really enjoying my classes so far :D. Two English courses, Two Education courses and my Advanced Sign Language course. Even signed up for two clubs (the college paper and American Sign Language Club) and I look forward to going to the first meeting next week :D! Got a packed semester (alongside hunting for a job), so I will be very busy in-between my game playing XD.

I’m just glad to be part of this community again and I look forward to being number one on the wall of shame again XD! Can’t believe, banned or not, I still made the top :’).

And to everyone else who got banned, welcome back to Gaf :D!

Edit: And yes, I wrote most of this before my account was activated again XD.

Welcome back buddy :D!

RK128

What have you done guys? Welcome back! n__n

Like I stated in my long post, I've been posting in the Vita Lounge Forums, use the Vita LINE chat a lot, been using my Twitter a lot (its my new Gaf Home page :D) and been dealing with a lot at home.

Also beat Rayman 3 HD and really love the PS+ games :D.

Thank you for the welcome incpdo :D!

Chuy

Tardy to the party but whatever school and life keeping me busy. Think i;m probably only going to end up getting The Taken King when it drops this month as too many people i know want me to try it out with them.

Finally got Time Warner installed and got all my digital ps4 games up and running so i've got even more games to go to backlog now. Got around to trying remote play recently and it's pretty fantastic. Definitely a nice accessory to the vita although my only complaint is lack of mic enabled during remote play but otherwise it's completely flawless for me.

RK128

Tardy to the party but whatever school and life keeping me busy. Think i;m probably only going to end up getting The Taken King when it drops this month as too many people i know want me to try it out with them.

Finally got Time Warner installed and got all my digital ps4 games up and running so i've got even more games to go to backlog now. Got around to trying remote play recently and it's pretty fantastic. Definitely a nice accessory to the vita although my only complaint is lack of mic enabled during remote play but otherwise it's completely flawless for me.

You could say that again XD! College started for me this week and a lot of family stuff happened during my ban :(.

So take it easy, relax and have fun with some games :D!

Remote play makes the PS4 a fantastic accessory XD.

RK128

So, how are you guys doing :D? The past week or so has been packed with game releases, so we all are likely playing something quite fun :).

Recently beat Rayman 3 HD and am now trying to play through the PS+ games.

Thank you man :D! Glad you are enjoying the game so much :).
Yeah just like I expected the game's length for me was of 20hrs. Well I was shy of it by 30mins but that's beside the point. Everyone needs to play this series, seriously.

This game at the right time, when I thought I wasn't as into gaming as before. Turns out that all I needed was a good game to play. For me to play a game from start to end in 4 days is a feat lol.

for me it's DR2 > AE > DR1, they're all fantastic though
Above the first two? Damn. Been busy all week, gonna start it up tonight.
In my opinion yes, above the first two. The pacing of the story is just right.

Unlike the other two, although the gameplay is "normal" with nothing outstanding to it, it didn't have the moments of frustration that the first two gave me during the mini-games.

Komaru and Toko were excellent characters, as well as all of the supporting cast. There's tons of collectibles throughout the world that expand on the events surrounding you too which is great.

Lastly the delivery of the story through the new engine is phenomenal. It works super well. The game is a looker, but it still retains the Danganronpa feel.

Hikami

So, how are you guys doing :D? The past week or so has been packed with game releases, so we all are likely playing something quite fun :).

Recently beat Rayman 3 HD and am now trying to play through the PS+ games.

Welcome back!

I've been alternating between Dark Souls 2 and Danganronpa AE this week, they're both pretty good. Should last me until Persona 4 Dancing all night comes out I think, if not I'll finally pick up Bloodborne.

RK128

Yeah just like I expected the game's length for me was of 20hrs. Well I was shy of it by 30mins but that's beside the point. Everyone needs to play this series, seriously.

This game at the right time, when I thought I wasn't as into gaming as before. Turns out that all I needed was a good game to play. For me to play a game from start to end in 4 days is a feat lol.

I did that with Sonic Generations, Tearaway and most of Guacamelee in recent years, so I completely get it man XD!

You guys are weird. I'm DR1 > AE > DR2.
Maybe I'm weird.

I won't argue that DR1 set the tone for the entire series, and it treaded new grounds. But I think that AE is a step forward not only in terms of visuals, but also storytelling. DR2 for me unfortunately comes last. It is a great game folks! Just not as good as these 2 in my mind.

Saphirax

Posted this in the Amnesia OT, but posting it here as well since it's about otome games.

Siliconera did an interview with IF about otome games:

How Idea Factory creates otome games

The most important bit:

What we at Otomate would like to focus on and strive toward now is to work with various partner companies and creators to bring more of our Otomate titles to fans worldwide! We appreciate all your continued support!

Hi VitaGAF.

I was at Magical Mirai 2015 earlier and I got to try Project Diva X on the glorious Vita. (Normal Mode and Hard Mode on Raspberry*Monster).

1. I love the new "drop" system. I definitely don't think it is fully random. Difficulty may have something to do with it (Normal gave me a module from the previous games; while the Hard Mode gave me the Raspberry*Monster module).

What I love about it is the fact that you change into the said module mid-song! Yes, in the middle of the goddamn song!

Also, contrary to the reports, I got both modules despite failing chance time at one of them.

2. The new "Rush Notes" is basically just an easier version of the "quick succession of notes" as the latter can have a sudden stop at the middle and fuck you with a SAFE or even change rhythm! IIRC, there is no Safe/Sad if you don't keep pressing on Rush Notes.

One thing though is that there seems to be two versions of it (at least visual). One is with a "clock timer" and the other didn't.

Edit: 3. There is also that "weird" note, but I can't remember what it did. Gameplay-wise, it doesn't need a new maneuver like Scratch notes and Rush notes. /EndEdit

Graphically comparing Project Diva X to previous previous entries (PDf/F/F2), I say with 100% certainty that
Miku is still cute

Naturally, these are all based on the demo and will probably be distributed on PSN sooner or later..

Unfortunately, I couldn't try the Morpheus Project Diva thing

Yasumi

Banned
Hi VitaGAF.

I was at Magical Mirai 2015 earlier and I got to try Project Diva X on the glorious Vita. (Normal Mode and Hard Mode on Raspberry*Monster).
Are there still star notes/connected star notes? I'm kind of hoping they just do away with them entirely.

Are there still star notes/connected star notes? I'm kind of hoping they just do away with them entirely.

Yes, they were there in the demo. They're called Scratch Notes in the JP ver. There weren't any connected scratch notes in Raspberry*monster as far as I remember, but I don't see why they wouldn't be there.

Top Bottom