• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE + 60fps confirmed

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly they way they wrote Kaine's dialogue in the English version was kinda cringey since I think Laura didn't deliver the cursing lines well, but I actually don't have a problem with anyone else.

Mailbox

Honestly they way they wrote Kaine's dialogue in the English version was kinda cringey since I think Laura didn't deliver the cursing lines well, but I actually don't have a problem with anyone else.

Idk, to me it comes off as forced, which works really well for the character considering what Kaine had to go though.

i honestly cant stop watching this footage. so fucking smooth and beautiful. this game came out of nowhere and it is my most anticipated. when the hell can i buy it.

Persona7

Banned
i will play this game and it will be good

Ju8i2rW.gif

Always wanted to play the first one but never owned a ps3, so in super stoked for this! Looks gorgeous
It's on xbox 360 too. The story is a bit different. Girl changes from sister to daughter. He is older and is the dad, etc. But game is basically the same I believe besides the character differences.

Hektor

It's on xbox 360 too. The story is a bit different. Girl changes from sister to daughter. He is older and is the dad, etc. But game is basically the same I believe besides the character differences.

The difference you mention only exists in the japanese version, in the western world, both 360 and PS3 version are based upon the japanese 360 Version with Daddy-Nier,

silva1991

When people say it has a bad combat do they mean it's bad compared to Bayonetta or something? I mean from what I've played I can't say it's a great combat but it's not bad either. I was expecting Asscreed kinda bad lol.

it's kinda fun.

Enjoy it friend!

Oh I will ;)

When people say it has a bad combat do they mean it's bad compared to Bayonetta or something? I mean from what I've played I can't say it's a great combat but it's not bad either. I was expecting Asscreed kinda bad lol.

it's kinda fun.

Combat isn't bad at all. People like to exaggerate, but once you unlock some of the higher tier powers and combos, you'll be wrecking shit like there's no tomorrow. It can be surprisingly deep if you change up your style every so often and don't rely on the same moves over and over.

What did you think of the opening part of the game?

Golnei

it's kinda fun.

It's not really outright bad, just janky, repetitive and poorly balanced. Compared to something like Drakengard, it's decent. Though it's still easy to see why the idea of someone like Platinum handling the sequel would be a cause to rejoice for so many.

silva1991

Combat isn't bad at all. People like to exaggerate, but once you unlock some of the higher tier powers and combos, you'll be wrecking shit like there's no tomorrow. It can be surprisingly deep if you change up your style every so often and don't rely on the same moves over and over.

What did you think of the opening part of the game?

I'm already confused.after I killed the monsters it said 1300 year later or something!! did I read that right? and the environment doesn't look as modern as the one in the beginning.

music is top notch.

ajim

Oh. I had no idea, no idea why I alwaya assumed it was ps3 only lol

I'm already confused.after I killed the monsters it said 1300 year later or something!! did I read that right? and the environment doesn't look as modern as the one in the beginning.

music is top notch.

Yeah, that's exactly right.

And prepare to be a lot more confused as you go on.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

it's kinda fun.

I thought it was serviceable. The magic really makes it interesting for me. Its obviously not the best combat ever or anything, nor is it stand out, but i would not say it was terrible.

And yeah, your gonna be confused guy, just keep pushing and you'll eventually understand why this game is so praised.

Gbraga

lmao

music is top notch.

YES.

Enjoy the ride.

I actually restarted my game after the prologue, thinking I must have read that wrong and it was actually 1300 before the intro, haha.

Is this some crazy apocalyptic setting where robots have taken over or something?

Kind of, except
they're alien robots taking over, forcing humans to go to the moon in order to survive.

Yes.

Golnei

Is this some crazy apocalyptic setting where robots have taken over or something?

Not quite - the robots are the weaponry of an indeterminate set of alien invaders, which subjugated the earth and forced humanity to flee to the moon, from which they sent their own androids to combat the aliens' ones.

The difference you mention only exists in the japanese version, in the western world, both 360 and PS3 version are based upon the japanese 360 Version with Daddy-Nier,
Ah ok, I thought it was English somewhere too, I heard the story is better as brother Nier.

My bad.

This is like a continuation/ successor from a different game/ setting where a giant from another world - at its death, ( I think!!! It's been so long), released a virus that wiped out humanity. The virus forced humans into a deal where they chose to enter a pact with the otherworldly god, becoming monsters, or turn to salt.
Humans separated their souls from their vessels. These vessels developed souls through their cycles of rebirth and the original souls develop problems as this happens and go rampant, called 'relapse' since their vessel rejects them. The relapse is tied directly to the vessel becoming self aware and have no control over what they have become.
Again this is mostly correct (I'd say 95%) but it's been 5-6 years haha. Sorry for any mistakes. I'm sure someone will correct me.

Don't mind me - I'm just popping back in this thread to make sure I didn't simply dream up that trailer footage....

**watches trailer again**

YAY!

jett

D-Member
After finishing Nier yesterday, it's interesting to see that almost nothing of that game seems to remain in this one. Almost sad in a way, the simplicity, feel and general rhythm of the combat grew on me.

Still, no doubt PG will do a much better job. :p

raven777

new info from interview. There are lots of contents so wait for full translation

some things from interview

-2B is one of the 3 main characters. But Saito says 'if you talk main character in traditional terms, there are 2' But Yoko insists there are 3.
-There are male type androids in the game as well
-Only androids participate in the battle to reclaim Earth. Humans don't get involved
-There are lots of unannounced weapons
-The flying thing in the trailer is called "Pot" It focuses on long-range attack so players can focus on close range attack
-pot speaks, but act more as navigation and doesn't have any feelings
-There is damage destruction on 2B's skirt. If you take certain amount of damage, it breaks. There is white leotard underneath
-The big enemy that was shown in the trailer is not a boss, but just one of bigger normal enemy. There are some really big enemies in the game
-Platinum games is working so you will be able to ride the Boar
-There are other animals like deer. You can probably ride them as well.
-Next time they release new info will be around Spring 2016.

http://gamestalk.net/nier-automata-8/

Guymelef

new info from interview. There are lots of contents so wait for full translation

-2B is one of the 3 main characters. But Saito says 'if you talk main character in traditional terms, there are 2' But Yoko insists there are 3.
-Only androids participate in the battle to reclaim Earth. Humans don't get involved
-The flying thing in the trailer is called "Pot" It focuses on long-range attack so players can focus on close range attack
-There is damage destruction on 2B's skirt. If you take certain amount of damage, it breaks. There is white leotard underneath
-The big enemy that was shown in the trailer is not a boss, but just one of bigger normal enemy. There are some really big enemies in the game
-There are other animals like deer. You can also ride them.

With main characters they mean playable characters?

Hektor

-There are other animals like deer. You can also ride them.

giphy.gif

Golnei

I'm wondering if the 'third character' is just Pod, or whether it refers to something like a split personality (the original No. 2 within 2B, for example) or Tyrann in the first game.

tumblr_nx1lvogGTf1qg6mvgo1_1280.png

So, is that referring to the boy who serves as the second protagonist? In any case, they should consider giving him clothing damage as well, if he ends up looking like the other Yorha models.

Philippo

Yes

Yes

YES

YEEEEEEESSSSS

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes_Sir

Banned
I know I'm lttp but my account just got activated today.

This is one of the best news related to gaming in a long, long time and almost a miracle. So happy and excited about this.

Top Bottom