• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New English Gameplay of Xenoblade Chronicles X

Flying around the world in a Skell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpLzhGUUTw

Flying @ Night & Being Stomped By Decapitated Dino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npcmMuFWASs

10-Minutes of Battles (w/ cutscenes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsaO1m1-_W4

Cutscene with Voice Acting (Spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSVYxCM_2WU

Boss Fight (Spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_OtDPp11s

Title Screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7frjIF2ypg

Gamexplain Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_H4-9T9Q8

Mechs, cats, gimmie gimmie
g757FoX.gif

Wagram

Everything about combat looks fantastic, but I still don't like how enemies seem to have very little reaction to taking hundreds of bullets. There needs to be a balance (it doesn't need to over flinch), but it feels under tuned.

No matter how many times I see it, and even when I know it's coming, and even when I know what to expect, I am never prepared for Lin's character model.

I have a legitimate physical reaction, it makes my stomach churn and my hair stand up.

I cannot work past or through the repulsion. I have never reacted this way to something so innocuous before. But that face, and that body, triggers a genuine sense of disgust for me.

I don't know if I'll be able to play the game. If I'm not over it now, perhaps I will never be. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to get over it, either.

Although, as has been pointed out, a helmet is certainly an option.

I'm not trying to derail the thread to another debate over her character model though, so please don't use my comment as a surrogate OP.

I'm glad that the game is finally getting some English coverage.

Is that avatar voice the same voice as Fiora?
Hell yeah baby, return of the British.
Make Shulk's VA an avatar option and I'll be too happy.

Edit: Carina Reeves.

-Horizon-

That soundtrack is really growing on me. I just never hear much vocal songs in rpgs so it just feels really different when the singing starts. And I kind of like that.

Dark_castle

I may be in minority in this, but I really am not a fan of ost that's heavily based on J-pop vocal tracks. Are there even any tracks comparable to the Gaur Plains theme of Xenoblade?

Flying around in the mech looks sweet though.

I may be in minority in this, but I really am not a fan of ost that's heavily based on J-pop vocal tracks. Are there even any tracks comparable to the Gaur Plains theme of Xenoblade?

The entire soundtrack is very anime. Like they got an anime composer to compose an anime soundtrack. It's fairly unique in that aspect. I haven't listen to most of the OST, so I don't know mind.

Enough. Really, the soundtrack is fantastic. Not every song is a hit but the instrumental pieces are georgous.

God, it looks so gorgeous. It's a bit jarring how monsters and stuff only pop-in when you get close, but that's what you get with an open world. It's really incredible how they managed to pull this off on a Wii U. The design of the world and landscape itself is just so beautiful. I also dig the music, honestly. Very unique atmosphere.

Edit: watching the cutscene, why is Vandham not pronounced Van Damme. ): I wish they showed the iconic potato Tatsu scene in English! I'm hungry for that one. Not too sure about Tatsu's voice though, I don't know if it can reach Riki's charm level but I need the potato scene to judge this. Plz.

Chase17

Will watch later. I'm getting very excited. Will I need to download those patches to get the game running well? (I think I'm remembering this right).

RK128

Guys, the song that plays while in the mech is so good. Seriously, I want to play the game just for that now

The moment where the mech launched into the air and it showed (what I'm assuming) the whole world of the game.....really impressed me.

No load time, decrease in graphical quality, no slow down, nothing; just really clear visuals and it makes the game look really damn impressive :D.

Likely one of the best looking games on the Wii U :D!

The track sounded nice too; reminded me a bit of the Persona series in some ways.

Damn, impressive. There seem to be quite few enemies though, or maybe they just don't load until you get closer to them.

EDIT: That music though. After one hour of hearing that shit looping you'll be driven mad. Can't understand why they would add lyrics to overworld music.

Riki

God, it looks so gorgeous. It's a bit jarring how monsters and stuff only pop-in when you get close, but that's what you get with an open world. It's really incredible how they managed to pull this off on a Wii U. The design of the world and landscape itself is just so beautiful. I also dig the music, honestly. Very unique atmosphere.

Edit: watching the cutscene, why is Vandham not pronounced Van Damme. ): I wish they showed the iconic potato Tatsu scene in English! I'm hungry for that one. I am on the fence about Tatsu's voice though.

Will watch later. I'm getting very excited. Will I need to download those patches to get the game running well? (I think I'm remembering this right).
The add on packs pretty much eliminate popin for everything and make the game run amazing. So yes download them.

Dark_castle

Looking at the flying video, Square Enix really need to get their shit together with FFXV. If Monolith Soft could do it with that massive world, draw distance and pure beauty of world design based on art style, why couldn't you?

batbeg

The moment where the mech launched into the air and it showed (what I'm assuming) the whole world of the game.....really impressed me.

No load time, decrease in graphical quality, no slow down, nothing; just really clear visuals and it makes the game look really damn impressive :D.

Likely one of the best looking games on the Wii U :D!

The track sounded nice too; reminded me a bit of the Persona series in some ways.

That was just one of the continents, unless I missed the part you're talking about.

Looking at the flying video, Square Enix really need to get their shit together with FFXV. If Monolith Soft could do it with that massive world, draw distance and pure beauty of world design based on art style, why couldn't you?

On Wii U too! This game is really punching above its weightclass.

Riki

I'm really excited to see what Monolith can do on the NX when they're already making amazing breakthroughs on WiiU.

Lets not turn this into another XCX vs FFXV thread. Other than being open world JRPGs the comparison between them is superficial, development histories included.

alvis.exe

There really aren't that many songs with actual lyrics on the OST (I want to say around 10 IIRC) and some of them have instrumental versions (not sure if they play in the game though). AFAIK none of the field themes have lyrics unless you count NLA's 1-2-3-4.

Dark_castle

There really aren't that many songs with actual lyrics on the OST (I want to say around 10 IIRC) and some of them have instrumental versions (not sure if they play in the game though). AFAIK none of the field themes have lyrics unless you count NLA's 1-2-3-4.

Are you certain? Pretty much nearly every tracks I've heard off this game has vocal so far. But if you're right, then that's great.

Kouriozan

I need this game already.
I'm glad the flight music is great and that draw distance makes travelling in Skells so awesome.

Marche90

I'm very excited about the game, but there is something worrying me. Won't that text be too tiny to read far away from the screen?

Top Bottom