• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New English Gameplay of Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kyoufu

I'm very excited about the game, but there is something worrying me. Won't that text be too tiny to read far away from the screen?

Yes. It's also really hard to read with Off-TV Play or whatever it's called. They should really do something about that. :/

Z3M0G

The Gamexplain video has music that sounds like the first Xenoblade... is that actually reused in this game?

people are gonna eat me alive but the 10 min vid looked dreadful.
ui is a mess, combat looks like a boring mmo.and what the hell is with those numbers jesus.
nice graphics and designs though.
its a bit worrying though that theyre always the same. arent the mechs supposed to be customisable?

random25

That battle preview is awesome btw. Like there's a background of other skells gunning the enemies from afar while you battle the target enemies nearby.

Effect

A save file with over
hours on it with still more to do!!!!! This and Fallout 4 are not going to allow me to play any other games it seems.

wmlk

ui is a mess, combat looks like a boring mmo.and what the hell is with those numbers jesus.
its a bit worrying though that theyre always the same. arent the mechs supposed to be customisable?

They're customizable.

There's a lot of UI in the screen that they seem to address that with small text. That creates the problem of text being unreadable, though.

I may be in minority in this, but I really am not a fan of ost that's heavily based on J-pop vocal tracks. Are there even any tracks comparable to the Gaur Plains theme of Xenoblade?

Flying around in the mech looks sweet though.

you are definitely not in the minority. There were a bunch of complaints about the OST around it's JPN release. It's very different from Chronicles, so you shouldn't expect it to be comparable.

-Horizon-

There are like 7 different kinds of mechs, all customizable. The ones in the battle video I guess are the generic kind. I mean there's another video in the OP with a different kind of mech with huge cannons on its back.

Z3M0G

So these previews look great while you have your Skell and can fly around the world... but what about the first 30 hours when you can't do that?

Golnei

EDIT: That music though. After one hour of hearing that shit looping you'll be driven mad. Can't understand why they would add lyrics to overworld music.

At the very least, it may have been a good idea to shift between vocal and instrumental layers depending on your ingame actions, to prevent fatigue.

Riki

Boy I sure hope so. Though I feel like I'm kinda gonna need that map at least.

Too bad you can't just put UI on the GamePad screen, at least from what I understand.
The map can be put in the GamePad along with some other UI stuff. Not the battle menu though. I don't think.

Effect

The 7:40 point in the GameXplain video. :)

Hopefully this means we might see some coverage from IGN, Nintendo World Report, and other outlets. Or maybe they're waiting until after Fallout 4 comes out. That should be the last big game for the holiday and might allow XCX to have some breathing room for it's coverage before it releases. Hopefully.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The map can be put in the GamePad along with some other UI stuff. Not the battle menu though. I don't think.

Well I know there's that hex map of the whole region down there, but can you put the radar-style map on the pad?

Schlomo

So these previews look great while you have your Skell and can fly around the world... but what about the first 30 hours when you can't do that?

The part where you can't fly yet is actually the best from an exploration point of view. And for me, it was closer to 60 hours.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No matter how many times I see it, and even when I know it's coming, and even when I know what to expect, I am never prepared for Lin's character model.

I have a legitimate physical reaction, it makes my stomach churn and my hair stand up.

I cannot work past or through the repulsion. I have never reacted this way to something so innocuous before. But that face, and that body, triggers a genuine sense of disgust for me.

I don't know if I'll be able to play the game. If I'm not over it now, perhaps I will never be. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to get over it, either.

I'm not trying to derail the thread to another debate over her character model though, so please don't use my comment as a surrogate OP.

I'm glad that the game is finally getting some English coverage.
Jesus christ, get over it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Damn, impressive. There seem to be quite few enemies though, or maybe they just don't load until you get closer to them.

EDIT: That music though. After one hour of hearing that shit looping you'll be driven mad. Can't understand why they would add lyrics to overworld music.
You wont be flying for an hour in the first place lol

Daknight

Decide to just watch the mech flying since I been a media Black-out for the game. I must say my hype just got a huge bump from that O_O Is mighty impressive on the draw distance and seeing everything, including the main 'city'. I can't image what they will be capable of with the NX! O_O...damn it now I am already in a pre-order wait list for their next game without even a hint of it xP

Can't wait for December to arrive to get my special edition!

Ridley327

So Carina Reeves is one of the VAs for Cross? I might have to roll a female since I love her voice so much.

...provided that Adam Howden somehow isn't one of the male voices, of course.

Zero²

Man I've been waiting for this game for so long now, cant wait to figure out what the plot REALLY talks about, as per course in all xeno games :p
No matter how many times I see it, and even when I know it's coming, and even when I know what to expect, I am never prepared for Lin's character model.

I have a legitimate physical reaction, it makes my stomach churn and my hair stand up.

I cannot work past or through the repulsion. I have never reacted this way to something so innocuous before. But that face, and that body, triggers a genuine sense of disgust for me.

I don't know if I'll be able to play the game. If I'm not over it now, perhaps I will never be. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to get over it, either.

I'm not trying to derail the thread to another debate over her character model though, so please don't use my comment as a surrogate OP.

I'm glad that the game is finally getting some English coverage.
Put a helmet and full armor on her?

Top Bottom