• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Dimensions |OT| Not Lost Dimensions

JonnyKong

I'm very jealous. You got all the things I want to get, except I don't know if I'll be getting the BTTF level since it's supposedly very short.

JoeM86

Game has already crashed. Good grief. I know it's a LEGO game and they all do, but yeesh, I was just moving characters on the portal

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Game has already crashed. Good grief. I know it's a LEGO game and they all do, but yeesh, I was just moving characters on the portal

This is one of the reasons I went PS4 over Wii U. I keep my Wii U mostly for VC and first party stuff only. Bummer though.

I think you're maybe just under halfway through the main levels.

Wonderful, thanks. I'll keep on pushing. So many adventure packs to explore!

JoeM86

This is one of the reasons I went PS4 over Wii U. I keep my Wii U mostly for VC and first party stuff only. Bummer though.

Na, it's not a Wii U issue. It's a LEGO game issue. I've not had a LEGO game on any format that hasn't crashed a billion times.

Rootbeer

Banned
No offense but it partly *IS* a Wii U issue. LEGO games from TT are notoriously more buggy on Wii U. It's been widely reported. And with each new LEGO game released they don't seem to make a lot of progress on remedying that.

Love my Wii U but if you are able to avoid it for multiplatform titles, you should. Not a dealbreaker if you are able to live with a slightly higher crash rate though.

I assume your Wii U is fully updated to the latest firmware though? It's possible it could help if it's not.

Ponn

Banned
I haven't started playing it yet but I have the Portal level pack, the wicked witch fun pack and i'm picking up the Dr. Who level pack on sunday. I'm looking to get like another fun pack or team pack maybe when I pick up the Dr. Who pack. I'm looking at Unikitty or maybe a Ninjago character like Zane to unlock another hub world. Any suggestions?

JoeM86

I'm loving this game so far. The levels are we thought out, so many references. Just finished the Portal stage in the main story

CorwinB

I haven't started playing it yet but I have the Portal level pack, the wicked witch fun pack and i'm picking up the Dr. Who level pack on sunday. I'm looking to get like another fun pack or team pack maybe when I pick up the Dr. Who pack. I'm looking at Unikitty or maybe a Ninjago character like Zane to unlock another hub world. Any suggestions?

Zane has a lot of abilities (including x-ray vision) and will give you access to the Ninjago world, so it's a good choice.

JoeM86

Beaten the main story. 14 hours logged, whoops :p

Time to jump into the level packs. Saving the Doctor Who one for last. Then I'll start exploring the open worlds

JonnyKong

Is the Simpsons open world hub thingy part of the main game, or will I have to buy a character to access it?

Edit: Joe you did that quickly!

Double edit: 14 hours is an impressive amount, especially as that's not including the packs and hub worlds. As expensive as all this is, at least we're getting a good chunk of game time with it.

JoeM86

Is the Simpsons open world hub thingy part of the main game, or will I have to buy a character to access it?

Edit: Joe you did that quickly!

Double edit: 14 hours is an impressive amount, especially as that's not including the packs and hub worlds. As expensive as all this is, at least we're getting a good chunk of game time with it.

You need a character from the franchise to access their open world, so yeah. You get Lord of the Rings, LEGO Movie and DC Universe due to Gandalf, Wildstyle and Batman coming with it.

So I've got those three, plus Scooby Doo, Simpsons, Portal, Back to the Future and Doctor Who :)

so the characters that come with a LEVEL pack only net you an actual level and NOT the hub world or do they also give you access to the hub worlds? (Meaning there would be no incentive for getting a Fun pack besides that actual character)

so the characters that come with a LEVEL pack only net you an actual level and NOT the hub world or do they also give you access to the hub worlds? (Meaning there would be no incentive for getting a Fun pack besides that actual character)

As long as you have a character for that property you can go into the hub world. For instance if you get the homer lever pack, you unlock the level and adventure world. If your only interested in the adventure world you could just buy Bart or krusty.

JoeM86

Man, the Portal level pack is a blast

I do have an issue with the Hire A Hero thing. It says to press the b button, but doesn't accept it.

Edit: Got it to work by pressing A, but the character it gave me wouldn't activate the "Chi" stuff that was in question. Urgh.

8bit

Knows the Score
Man, the Portal level pack is a blast

I do have an issue with the Hire A Hero thing. It says to press the b button, but doesn't accept it.

Edit: Got it to work by pressing A, but the character it gave me wouldn't activate the "Chi" stuff that was in question. Urgh.

Yeah, that happened to me too. Think the character was too close to the thing. Annoying.

8bit

Knows the Score
I thought that, but the character shook his head as if he didn't know what to do, like characters without that ability do :/

Was it in the Portal level with Cave Johnson talking about a new body? Might be a bug as that's where it happened to me.

Well I wasn't going to but I caved this morning and bought Doctor Who and Bart Simpson. Really wanted Krusty for his ability to clean up goo but he wasn't in store :(

N° 2048

Yea I'm slowly but surely giving into all the packs lol

First Portal 2, then BTTF.

Benny a few days ago and now I'm eyeing to grab Doctor Who soon.

Picked this up finally, barely started it yet. Quick q, how do I use the level packs? Will I get to a bit in the main game when it says "build dr who pack to enter this world" for example? I just got to oz and it didn't ask me to build an Oz pack, and i have the wicked witch pack waiting...

Picked this up finally, barely started it yet. Quick q, how do I use the level packs? Will I get to a bit in the main game when it says "build dr who pack to enter this world" for example? I just got to oz and it didn't ask me to build an Oz pack, and i have the wicked witch pack waiting...

For level packs (simpsons, doctor who, portal, and back to the future) the level they come should pop up and if they don't stand on the portal where the character is placed and go to the level select screen and it will be in there. The builds will be in the level the pack came with. For instance you can't build homers car or tv until you play the level it came with.

Character pack builds will show up once you put that character on the portal and take control of that character. So if you put the witch on the portal and take control of her the build for the monkey will pop up right away.

The adventure worlds will be accessible once you can access the upper floor of the portal area.

For level packs (simpsons, doctor who, portal, and back to the future) the level they come should pop up and if they don't stand on the portal where the character is placed and go to the level select screen and it will be in there. The builds will be in the level the pack came with. For instance you can't build homers car or tv until you play the level it came with.

Character pack builds will show up once you put that character on the portal and take control of that character. So if you put the witch on the portal and take control of her the build for the monkey will pop up right away.

The adventure worlds will be accessible once you can access the upper floor of the portal area.
ah ok there's prompt for character packs you just use them whenever?

ah ok there's prompt for character packs you just use them whenever?

Yup, once the character is put on the portal it will prompt you to the instructions to build the vehicle. Plus that character will unlock its adventure world. As long as you have a character for that specific property you unlock the adventure world. So for the simpsons for example you can get the adventure world with just buying the bart or krusty character pack.

Also you can upgrade your vehicles to add extra abilitys to get gold bricks. You don't level up characters you level up their vehicles. Theres a skill tree for each one.

It sounds more complicated then it actually is. Dive in and enjoy the game. Its fantastic.

JonnyKong

Well I've put in my request to my brother and sister what packs I want for Christmas.

I'm one step closer to finally owning this!

Rootbeer

Banned
Well I've put in my request to my brother and sister what packs I want for Christmas.

I'm one step closer to finally owning this!

Congrats, I hope you picked a nice well-rounded selection. The more characters you have from different themes the more hub worlds you can access which will get you a lot more play time.

I just got the Doctor Who level pack and Unikitty last week. I'm good until Wave 3.

Here is a list of all the ones I currently own

I prioritize which ones I get in this order:
- characters that grant access to new content such as hub worlds or levels
- characters with abilities I need, or with combinations of abilities that would be more useful or speed up play
- characters that compliment my non-Dimensions LEGO collection (minifigures I don't have yet, or with new print variants)

Everything else falls into the "ehh I'll get it when it's deeply discounted."

I will definitely be getting Benny, Cyborg and most of the other ones... just waiting on sales to fill out my collection more.

JonnyKong

I haven't really looked into the different character abilities if I'm being honest, so far I'm just prioritising getting as many hub worlds open as I can, well the one's that interest me, and I'm doing that via the level packs I'm excited to play.

Edit: I've asked for the Wicked Witch off my sister to get the Oz stuff. I forgot that Scooby doesn't have a level pack so I'll have to buy that team pack.

Oh my poor wallet.

Argghhh can someone please help me. I just finished the doctor who level and was back in the tardis and the game froze on me. I restarted the game and it says my sage file is corrupted and can't be accessed. I thought I might be able to download a save from the PS+ cloud storage but there isn't one there (none of my recent games are there). Is there anything I can do or have a lost 20 hours of play time? Please say there is.

JoeM86

Man, the Doctor Who pack is awesome. Finished the level and spent a bit just regenerating as the other Doctors

Though part of me doesn't like that you have to merge together the open worlds you travel to, but alas :p

The fact this exists is also amazing
WVW69ijcEnUuF-PbQ8

shiba5

Well I wasn't going to but I caved this morning and bought Doctor Who and Bart Simpson. Really wanted Krusty for his ability to clean up goo but he wasn't in store :(

If you have the Scooby Doo pack, the upgraded Mystery Machine can do the clean up - it also grows plants.

If you have the Scooby Doo pack, the upgraded Mystery Machine can do the clean up - it also grows plants.

I do, and I did that early in the Doctor Who pack, but it set me back like 200, 000 studs :(
It's really hard to save for the x2 collector in this game lol

JoeM86

Did the Dr Who level take 3 hours like an earlier poster said?

Not that long no. Probably about 90 minutes or so. The overworld is where it's at

Of course, suppose it makes sense, wearing a bit thin. I hope the ears are a bit less conspicuous this time.
WVW69ijdWmgkH11dXb

You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I!
WVW69ijdTnU5hDhYPc

"I don't want to go"
WVW69ijdKgcsApGxWo

"I'll not forget one line of this; I swear. I'll always remember when the Doctor was me."
WVW69ijdREohUERpdm

Edit: I managed to screw the game up by spawning the TARDIS inside the TARDIS and trying to regenerate. Had me fall through the floor

timewyrm

^^^ that looks brilliant!

Got my Doctor Who and Portal level packs coming on Tuesday.

Do you mind if I post your pics on another forum (obviously I'll give you credit) ?

JoeM86

^^^ that looks brilliant!

Got my Doctor Who and Portal level packs coming on Tuesday.

Do you mind if I post your pics on another forum (obviously I'll give you credit) ?

Go for it. May try and do 1, 5 and 6 since they regenerated in the TARDIS, but as the regeneration method was different it's not authentic.

Well this sucks.

Was doing the Doctor Who level and got up to the
Trenzalore Tomb. I repaired the Tardis time travel but Skaro Tower wasn't in my list of places to go.
So I went and saved, exited the level, and came back in. Now I'm permanently at the section where you need to play the hacking mini-game to destroy the final Dalek (I.M.Foreman scrapyard (2025)) except I can't do the mini-game any more and the Dalek is still active. I've tried restarting the level but every time I quit it takes me back to that same spot :/

8bit

Knows the Score
Not that long no. Probably about 90 minutes or so. The overworld is where it's at

Of course, suppose it makes sense, wearing a bit thin. I hope the ears are a bit less conspicuous this time.
WVW69ijdWmgkH11dXb

You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I!
WVW69ijdTnU5hDhYPc

"I don't want to go"
WVW69ijdKgcsApGxWo

"I'll not forget one line of this; I swear. I'll always remember when the Doctor was me."
WVW69ijdREohUERpdm

Edit: I managed to screw the game up by spawning the TARDIS inside the TARDIS and trying to regenerate. Had me fall through the floor

Those are great!

Anyone playing this in local co-op?(Is there even co-op?) I am wondering whether to play this solo or with my wife, but only if the split screen is done well like in certain Lego games...

Craft

I know I may sound like a bit of a broken record but these Amazon France & Germany deals are so good.

Joker & Harley Quinn €17,40:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00Y2W1L14/

Scooby & Shaggy €14,99:
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00Z7ECFMU/

Even with the €5 delivery charge it still works out half the price of the UK. I ordered the Simpsons level pack the other day and in total it cost me £15.12 and it was delivered the next day. Just waiting on a discount for the Portal and Back to the future level packs now.

Top Bottom