• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

Cornbread78

Cumulative leader, price drop momentum, CoD and SW are highly anticipated, etc.

I'm actually interested in Sony's PR if PS4 loses. They can't just use only "PlayStation 4 remains the cumulative leader", right?

PS4 was the #1 selling console from Oct. 1st through at Oct. 26th at 11:59pm. Then: Cumulative leader, price drop momentum, CoD and SW are highly anticipated, etc

Begaria

Heading to the bunker could mean either Xbox One won because of Halo despite price drop, or PS4 won because of price drop despite Halo. I won't put much stock in to it until the actual results are posted.

All this NPD is going to do is start a new hopes and dreams train for November NPD. And then all the November NPD is going to do is do the same thing for the December NPD.

It's not like this one is going to solve anything. We're all hamsters, running on the wheel of dumb, wasting life.

joecanada

I feel like we kind of know it will be close this month. I think maybe the only bombshell would be if one console outsold the other by 100K

Heading to the bunker could mean either Xbox One won because of Halo despite price drop, or PS4 won because of price drop despite Halo. I won't put much stock in to it until the actual results are posted.
Eh, X1 should be winning October. There would be no need to head to the bunker for that.

All this NPD is going to do is start a new hopes and dreams train for November NPD. And then all the November NPD is going to do is do the same thing for the December NPD.

It's not like this one is going to solve anything. We're all hamsters, running on the wheel of dumb, wasting life.
I say we go out in a blaze of glory. We all know next year (especially early next year) will be boring.

I've said it before but I feel this is how it'll go:

1. XBO leads. People are "of course it would win, Halo month."
1.1. By small margin: "Damn, Halo isn't what it used to be."
1.2. By a wide margin: "The gap is closing!" (cue meltdowns)
2. PS4 leads. People are "of course it would win, price drop."
2.1. By small margin: "It was only a 50 USD drop."
2.2 By a wide margin: "Halo is dad!" (cue meltdowns)
We all know next year will be boring until Nintendo announces and releases NX and cleans house while the PS4 and X1 fight over the scraps.
Oh man. I don't know if I want to be around if that happens.

Oh my, how could I forget that wild card? Let me readjust my statement.

We all know next year will be boring until Nintendo announces and releases NX and cleans house while the PS4 and X1 fight over the scraps.

Mock if you want, but Nintendo has made fools out of everyone that have counted them out in the past.

A healthy Nintendo is good for the video game market. And if this new thing is as revolutionary in its approach as some of the rumors say, and if it finds an audience, it could generate a whole new wave of mass market interest. Nintendo's done it before, a number of times.

We currently have two boxes fighting over a shrinking, but high spend, niche of core audience. Getting the mass market buying video game hardware again is something Nintendo has proven very capable of doing over the years.

And would make for Interesting TM NPD threads.

Cess007

I've said it before but I feel this is how it'll go:

1. XBO leads. People are "of course it would win, Halo month."
1.1. By small margin: "Damn, Halo isn't what it used to be."
1.2. By a wide margin: "The gap is closing!" (cue meltdowns)
2. PS4 leads. People are "of course it would win, price drop."
2.1. By small margin: "It was only a 50 USD drop."
2.2 By a wide margin: "Halo is dad!" (cue meltdowns)

Oh man. I don't know if I want to be around if that happens.

Can't wait to read some meltdowns if 1.2 or 2.2 are what happens :p

Wow

Wowowowo

Dammit Kev!

Elandyll

Banned
Wow

Wowowowo

lies1.jpg

Blanquito

The extent of enjoyment people get out of sales is worrying.

*Looks at post history*

Hey, I can play this game too. The extent of enjoyment that people get out of The Walking Dead is worrying.

In fact, I should go into the thread about The Walking Dead and talk about how the people posting in that thread shouldn't enjoy it.

Dargor

Man you guys are too easy heh.

Af if you're just an innocent bystander, just staring from outside the NPD Dome, just waiting for the bloodshed to begin.

Admit it my friend, you're inside, with your bowels quivering in anticipation for the chance to be more than just a victim of causality...

L.O.L ;P

Loudninja

Af if you're just an innocent bystander, just staring from outside the NPD Dome, just waiting for the bloodshed to begin.

Admit it my friend, you're inside, with your bowels quivering in anticipation for the chance to be more than just a victim of causality...

L.O.L ;P
I cant say I am not curious ;)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so the release (4pm EST) is the actual release of the data to their clients? So anything earlier would be leaks (or fucking with)

Top Bottom