• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

cebri.one

Someone is going to be happy that's for sure.

Sony if they win by 1 unit or they lose by the less than 50K which would mean they don't have to fear XB closing the gap significantly.

MS if they win by a significant margin. Winning by 10-20k is meaningless as they are getting outsold during preseason on a constant basis.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm predicting some harsh reality will be dropped on the Halo diehards today.

LOL. Okay, friend.

popcorn_the_joker.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Datas should be available to NPD subscribers in 5 minutes, correct?

What if ... neither of them is happy with October's results?

Maybe Xbox won by a slight margin, say about 7-10k (Sony not being too happy that their price drop didn't get them the month), but MS is unhappy with both the small margin -and- Halo SW sales overall?

Mmmh.

Makes sense...but would be boring...that's too logical meh, disgusting. NO FUN with those numbers. Which is more than likely what the number are.

disgustedCat.gif

jayu26

Holly shit this thread. I think we all need to close gaf and play video games or something. Then come back in 2 hours for the real fun.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
but mgsv is fun, for like the first 4 hours kinda excluding the prologue
Mgs5 is a lot like chipotle. First time you're there you are blown away by the "variety," everything tastes so good, etc. tenth time you realize you are getting fucked over for quacamole, the food is not memorable and basically made by a smelly man whose job it is to press on your food with his fists, and you have to poo.

The old games of a certain major franchise did release at different times in the month, so there are different numbers of selling days for each release. The totals look even, but it's not a perfect comparison.

Also would be bad to assume that Packaged sales of software on the old gen equates to packaged sales on the new. Too many other factors now with digital distribution and all the bundles. It'll be ignored, but 1 Packaged unit today =/= 1 Packaged unit when a release in the same major franchise happened during the last gen, for example.

Last bit, it is POSSIBLE (but I'm no way saying this as fact) that no game has reached the packaged sales volume life to date on a particular platform than the release month of a major franchise release launched during prior gen.

NPD George where are the leaks dude? You gotta live up to that name eventually

I'm starting to think that NPD_George went with that name to throw people off the trail that he actually does work at NPD. Like "if I name myself NPD, no one will think I'm actually with NPD". It's so meta, but I BELIEVE.

Mgs5 is a lot like chipotle. First time you're there you are blown away by the "variety," everything tastes so good, etc. tenth time you realize you are getting fucked over for quacamole, the food is not memorable and basically made by a smelly man whose job it is to press on your food with his fists, and you have to poo.

Offended then sickened. You're on a roll.

Maniel

Banned

Hey, I've been to Chipotle more than 10 times and still like it!

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Strangely accurate analogy.

I'm predicting some harsh reality will be dropped on the Halo diehards today.

EDIT: I KNOW NOTHING. Just a prediction. You guys are ready to rock though. I like the energy.

LOL. Okay, friend.

CosmicQueso you know that whatever you say will be taken and scrutinized because of what you generally know.

She's gone breh. You can't bring her back. All we can do is hope that the deal was sweet and that PC/PS4 owners are forgiving.

This is one of the first months that everyone said would be interesting that's actually interesting

So shiny, so chrome

Wait, did we already get numbers on ROTTR? Searched for anything relating to that and couldn't find anything. Or are you guys just making inferences based on the other games releasing around ROTTR? Because I can't really argue with that, really unfortunate turn of events.

Top Bottom