• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

statham

People buying Star Wars and cod bundles.

then why are we focus on Halo moving units? and it did even with a PS4 pricedrop. Halo beat the dominiation of Sony month to month, even with a pricedrop and the uncharted collection. I think from losing month to month, to beating PS4 with its first pricedrop and UC collection is quite decent.

FATALITY

Banned
Under 1 million for Halo seems impossible. What a decline if true. It was nowhere near the previous games in terms of hype, but that's just a complete collapse. MCC really did a number on the brand!

why people keep blaming MCC?
this genre is in decline. you can see the effort activision is doing to make cod replicate modern warfare success. on the other hand we can see that the rpg genre is becoming more popular.

Very disappointing. Barely over 10% attach rate must be a bit of a shock to everyone

I mean it is shocking. Worse than what I imagined the worse case was. I think everyone felt this thing would be down big time, and the UK numbers gave us a taste of what to expect but still.

Holy fucking shit. This is the sort of game over game decline that there is no way MS isn't rethinking the entire strategy behind the franchise.

Kusagari

If the Halo number is true then the sour reception to Halo 4 combined with the MCC disaster effectively destroyed one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

The_R3medy_

Neo Member
Is Syndicate being 3rd really that crazy? NBA is a monster franchise that came out 9/29 and Halo is huge.

Ir'a really not. NBA is consistently one of the top selling games of the year, and Halo is fucking massive. Syndicate selling behind those two is far from bad. I still suspect Syndicate will be top 10 for the year.

Question: I hear peeps don't buy consoles for 1st party, its about 3rd party now. If Halo sales are down and Sony had a pricedrop, what givs? How is Sony down YoY by alot, if leaked numbers are accurate.

You asked nearly this same question like an hour ago, we heard your concerns the first time, there are tons of variables...

People waiting for Black Friday deals? They didn't know any of the deals in October. If some people in the market for a PS4, knew since August/September there were bundles with SW and COD, they could have waited instead of getting a remastered game that doesn't have multiplayer packed in..

Let's wait until November to see how those bundles pay off before getting too concerned about a YOY drop in October...

What about Halo down compared to all the previous titles if rumors are true? Is that because it's a "start over" as you say?

The_R3medy_

Neo Member
Halo 5 selling under 1 million is hard to believe. It's not impossible, but that will be a ridiculous decline.

Mind you that's retail sales. Their was a huge draw for buying it digitally with the Day One Patch being able to be pre-loaded if bought digitally.

This is incorrect. Destiny discussion makes me absolutely sure of it.
The numbers aren't included in the "Top 10 software" they release, you're right. But they do count each bundle of hardware separately, which is how creamsugar can tell us totals for example. I assumed CosmicQueso was doing the same, but maybe he's giving the raw number. I guess we need to wait for confimation.

Halo 5 can't be below 1 million. That's just BS. We don't even have official confirmation. I don't know how it could be anything more than rumor mills starting up controversy

Cosmic seems pretty on point though. He had the Xbox no 1 by a small margin thing sussed out in the prediction thread before this thread went live.

Titanfall also did under 1 million if you don't include bundles. Over 900k though.

What was the install base like in comparison? True insanity. Some people even thought Titanfall numbers were underwhelming (crazy people).

So what are we going to get in this thread if < 1 million is true. Halo has long legs? Bundles? Halo is a global brand? Digital accounts for 50% of the sales?

Tommy DJ

then why are we focus on Halo moving units? and it did even with a PS4 pricedrop. Halo beat the dominiation of Sony month to month, even with a pricedrop and the uncharted collection. I think from losing month to month, to beating PS4 with its first pricedrop and UC collection is quite decent.

Because Halo 5 is a new mainline entry to what is essentially Xbox's main selling point while the Uncharted collection is just a pack of remasters? They're completely different things.

Plus, US sales between PS4 and Xbox Pne are not large so...

why people keep blaming MCC?
this genre is in decline. you can see the effort activision is doing to make cod replicate modern warfare success. on the other hand we can see that the rpg genre is becoming more popular.

I won't say the genre is in decline .
Destiny sold great and so will BF .
While COD don't sell as much as it used to this one should sell more than the last 2 COD games.
But people do get tired of some IPs maybe halo is now one of them and we are seeing the same for AC.

FATALITY

Banned
Mind you that's retail sales. Their was a huge draw for buying it digitally with the Day One Patch being able to be pre-loaded if bought digitally.

so just like every other game right?

I won't say the genre is in decline .
Destiny sold great and so will BF .
While COD don't sell as much as it used to this one should sell more than the last 2 COD games.
But people do get tired of some IPs maybe halo is now one of them and we are seeing the same for AC.

i mean sw doesnt look like your typical fps.

Javin98

Banned
Yep, this thread is definitely going nuclear when the pie bombs hit.

Evacuate the thread. Cream does not even know what he is. He will kill anything that moves.
I'm bored.

BrokenBox

Rock Band 4 is on there!

NUNXrQW.gif

Pretty impressive given I don't think many traditional advertising avenues were used and the game is expensive.

If the Halo number is true then the sour reception to Halo 4 combined with the MCC disaster effectively destroyed one of the biggest franchises in gaming.
343 shot themselves in the foot...

Honestly the ps4 concern is thing to be so washed away next month and December and so on. Halo was the only thing that would give them a bump in the road. Star Wars is going to be dominating on the PS4. At the same price point during BF, PS4 is gonna take it I think.

Top Bottom