• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

squidyj

Okay so here are some of my reads.

I think that the institute is maybe town? everybody hates them but I've never actually seen them do much, sure, the synths I meet are hostile but I know from past games that synths can be bro....oh wait, wrong game.

Sorry for not posting yesterday, I played a lot of Fallout. I started a new melee ninja build which is like woah. just teleport up on people and shiv them a bunch and then they die, it's great.

I'm always worried about dying early on so I want to be as thorough as I can be.

So to start with Sorian is an aggressive and observant player who has been leading town, we can't lynch him, but we can't trust him either. It's the duty of every citizen of nightvale to doubt and fear everything. especially those we trust. What I mean is, if you see something wrong challenge him on it. My personal read right now is more townie than the others I put in that circle way back when, the only thing is outside of TL21xx I feel like he's sort of followed along what others have been saying, what I said about trigger, what people said about DarkLighter, etc, it doesn't mean much because we only have a limited number of avenues of inquiry open to us right now, but watch to see if that trend continues.

This one might be hard to follow but Mike made a post where he said he believed that Seath was fake-claiming ordinary townie as a power role. I don't think it's true and it's a weird thing to do but it makes me think he's not scum. If that was a thought process that went through Mike's mind as scum I think he would have brought it up in mafia chat and not out here in the open. There's the possibility that he's neutral and trying to communicate the information to mafia or just not thinking about it, but I think it's far more likely that he's town who just didn't think things through well enough before posting. That's a mistake I can easily see being made.

So I'm still leaning scum on Trigger and Razmos, neither one has significantly altered my perception of them since my initial read.
I'm leaning town on Mike_Hawk and to a lesser extent Sorian

As for tl21xx, He's claimed he has a power role with a night action at this point so we sort of have to let him do his thing but if he doesn't have a real claim and he's not dead after ~2 night phases he'll have some serious 'splainin to do.

Darklighter doesn't seem very engaged in the game at all. he's popped by and given a few posts where he ends with cryptic votes that I find hard to figure out. Definitely one of our less active players but that makes it hard to get a real read on him. The read on him is mostly null but I'd lean towards being neutral based on the lack of engagement, it can sometimes be hard to be excited about being the neutral guy that has to sell microso Strexcorp product, unless you're Sorian of course. He could literally be anything though.

The interactions between UltraJay Unmasked Ferret, Sorian, and BooBoon have been pretty normal so far, I'm no longer CONVINCED there's a scum in that initial 3 but if there is I think it's Boo Boo'n, his posts have come off as the weakest from a content standpoint.

So the only thing I've really added from my earlier reads is that I now read Mike as town.

Sorian

Banned
So to start with Sorian is an aggressive and observant player who has been leading town, we can't lynch him, but we can't trust him either. It's the duty of every citizen of nightvale to doubt and fear everything. especially those we trust. What I mean is, if you see something wrong challenge him on it. My personal read right now is more townie than the others I put in that circle way back when, the only thing is outside of TL21xx I feel like he's sort of followed along what others have been saying, what I said about trigger, what people said about DarkLighter, etc, it doesn't mean much because we only have a limited number of avenues of inquiry open to us right now, but watch to see if that trend continues.

it can sometimes be hard to be excited about being the neutral guy that has to sell microso Strexcorp product, unless you're Sorian of course.

To be fair, I was all ready to go gung ho on TL21xx but then his actions made me go all limp dick and the more popular votes are already fine in my book so no real reason to change navigation of this boat at the moment. Aside from stragglers posting reads and Dark showing back up because I want to see if he even bothers to defend himself, there isn't much more I'm expecting to see.

- Posted from my Surface Pro with Windows 10 Pro Installed

Coppanuva

...I clearly need to just play the entirety of Fallout 4 this night phase.

I already knew most of the stuff in Squidy's post.

squidyj

...I clearly need to just play the entirety of Fallout 4 this night phase.

I already knew most of the stuff in Squidy's post.

I have spoiled NOTHING. except maybe a quest in Fallout 3? but you didn't know I was talking about a quest in Fallout 3... until
until I just told you. just now.

I haven't made it very far in the story either, I'm not the worst about it but from point a to point b I have to investigate every building and thing that's nearby, and loot everything that has an uncommon or rare material in it (ALL of the coffee cups). It makes for slow going and starting a 2nd char doesn't help that, even if he is a badass ninja who can teleport while being invisible and one-shots everything.

I'm doing my famous "likelihood for being scum" list again. 100% means I'm sure that person is scum (as in hard evidence), 0% means I'm sure that person is town (again as in hard evidence). Most of the time people will be between 25%-75%. Because we have a few of those cases I'll also add the special rating "D" for Deadweight for people who aren't contributing in any meaningful way but don't strike me as particular scummy.

TL21xx - 60%
Scrafty incident. Than this half roleclaim. Very weird. "Nightaction", "other person has it". That all kinda sounds like a fakeclaim. Not sure what to make of it.

Mike_Hawk689 - 60%
I don't like his posting style at all. Plus that very odd post I pointed out after Seath's claim but he later said he would vote for Seath and Trigger. As I said the picture as a whole doesn't look good at all.

Seath - 60%
Only meaningful interaction was his roleclaim. The only thing that safes him from a higher rating is that it's maybe too dumb for a planned scum action. More posts (as well as the result of your "masterplan") would be welcomed.

Trigger - 55%
Difficult. I took this Ordinary "claim" as a joke from the get-go, so that's not adding any suspicion. He also responded well to the slight chaos it caused. But I don't like his readslist. Seems a bit easy and is also going after the safest vote.

Pop-O-Matic - 55%
Apparently he has played in MGS, which I didn't even follow with half an eye, so I can't compare him to that. But he posts a lot of fluff and isn't very helpful in any way. Something doesn't sit right with me but I can't pinpoint it.

ScraftyDevil - 55%
It's scrafty. Some weird interactions regarding Darklighter that just don't stick well with me. But in general hard to read (Coppa's work is appreciated). Out of evaluation: IMO her best character impression so far)

Razmos - 50%
Lots of fluff, still on his RNG vote. Give me something to work with instead of precautionary defending yourself!

Unmasked Ferret - 50%
You sure you're new to this? When I read your responses to the pressure I imagined you with a knowing smile saying "I'm not the one being lynched today, use your energy elsewhere". Other than that I don't have a lot on you- Lots of fluff. For some reason I thought you had contributed a lot more than you actually have. You are a very dangerous player that easily can influence other's thoughts on you. You better be on my side.

Boo Boo'n - 50%
No read. Nothing. At all.

Karu - 50% (previously D)
At least one post where he posts his thoughts. For some reason tough it reads to me like an incoherent mess. Not scummy just kind of train-of-thought-y. Maybe I'm just tired (11 pm here. Speaking of which: I wanted to be in bed now but only at player 7/23... These games are doing no good for my daily life.)

Ty4on - 50%
Don't know. Reads like Ty4on to me, even on an activity level. Whatever that means. Don't remember him without Pau, tough.

AbsolutBro - 50%
Some factual statements, a very safe vote for an inactive... Not much to go with, hope you give us more once your RL issues get resolved.

Sorian - 50%
Plays as always, impossible to read. And I don't even care, because lynching Sorian at under 75% in this stage of the game is madness. We can talk about this on later days.

Setre - 50%
I need more from him, don't get any reads from him. Keeps referencing SW (which I still need to read) as explanations for mist of his actions.

Mazre - 45%
Good overall impression. Keeps pointing out how non-telling this D1 is, which I completely agree. I also don't think starting that fugitive discussion had any malicious intent.

squidyj - 45%
Gives reads and follows up on them. A bit narrow from time to time, but also not very agreeable most of the time. Is putting Fallout at higher priority than Mafia, which clearly is a #scumtell.

Fireblend - 45%
I'm sorry, I didn't read all your posts, it were too many. But you left a lasting impression, so that's a good thing, I guess? Could be that you head an even lower score if I went over your posts, but I didn't.
Also don't steal Sorian's moped again ;)

gryvan - 45%
Honestly just looks like a new player that wants a bit of guidance. I think new scum players would rather get that in scum chat.

UltraJay - 35%
I like him. He looks like a newbie who did his homework and is asking questions. [There was more text here regarding the only slightly odd thing I noticed, but this is a clear case of "too weak of an evidence to point scum at that direction" so I left it out]

Coppanuva - 35%
Would scum translate scrafty's posts? I don't think so. Also very strong overall impression. Asking questions, pressuring people, just hitting all the right buttons.

Royal_Flush - 0%
I could write a semi-funny comment here, but I just won't

Darklighter - D
You know, you can have impact with just one post per RL day. But not if that post only contains halfbaked rebuttals and an OMGUS vote.

StanleyPalmtree - D
Fluff, but has a RL excuse. Hope you step your game up as promised.

I'm okay with lynching either one of my 60% people or a D.

gryvan

just to make a small note on how scrafty's roleplaying, I think it is COMPLETELY BETTER compared to that person named Blarg using ? to replace the vowels. When I saw the Harry Potter thread with the wall of text by Blarg with all those ? marks, my brain just melted. So THANK GOD we have scrafty!

Also I guess I should also do those things with making a list of people on what I think. But later though.

Sorian

Banned
just to make a small note on how scrafty's roleplaying, I think it is COMPLETELY BETTER compared to that person named Blarg using ? to replace the vowels. When I saw the Harry Potter thread with the wall of text by Blarg with all those ? marks, my brain just melted. So THANK GOD we have scrafty!

Also I guess I should also do those things with making a list of people on what I think. But later though.

That's like easy mode Blarg.

You should thank god you didn't have to deal with him in your very first game.

I had fun with it

Razmos

Sorry I haven't posted today. A real life situation caused me to be away from my computer all day and I've only just gotten back on it, and I'm way too tired to say anything of use right now.

I'll try and post something substantial tomorrow when I have time.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry I haven't posted today. A real life situation caused me to be away from my computer all day and I've only just gotten back on it, and I'm way too tired to say anything of use right now.

Just keep in mind you have a little over 18 hours.

Hope all is well for you!

Since I guess reads have started to go up I'll post this one I just spent soooo much time making. Fair warning I think it's useless as I don't seem to be that good at getting reads based on post.

01 [m] StanleyPalmtree - Does a character, and I for the most part like characters. Has been fairly absent but has given a reason why. Verdict null but hoping to see more of in the future.

02 [m] UltraJay - Is trying to take a leaderish aggressive position but it’s hard when you live on the other side of the planet. Verdict: leaning town

03 [m] Trigger – I can see what Squidy was trying to point out with Trigger, but at the same time it is day one and new players might try to fly under the radar a bit more. Verdict: null but We’ll see how day two goes.

04 [m] Unmasked Ferret –( That’s me!)

latest

Get it? Because he's passive! hahaha!
I'm sorry that was a bad joke
. Could post more and with less fluff. Verdict: Ferret.

05 [m] Darklighter – Has been absent, and when he does show up he acts really defensively and throws out what seem like random votes to me. Verdict: maybe not scum but is the lynch candidate I’ll probably leave my vote on barring something dramatic happening.

06 [m] Boo Boo'n – Thinks I’m a scummy weasel which is fine except for his response to my Darklighter vote which I’m debating whether or not to respond to since it’s been over twelve hours and some other people already pointed out how he was mixing up me and Fireblend. He was somewhat hung up on Sorian, and defended Darklighter. None of these are necessarily bad on their own but they make it hard for me to see him as town. Verdict: null but wary

07 [m] Karu –Has been more active recently but I can’t really tell anything, I forget they’re in the game a lot. Verdict: null

08 [m] TL21xx- Was absent early on but provided a reason. Had a slight slip up but I could see it being an honest mistake. I’m not even going to try to figure out what was going on with that vagueness before Verdict: null but should be watched.

09 [m] Ty4on- I honestly can’t remember anything from Ty4on Verdict: null.

10 [m] Pop-O-Matic- Posted some fluff, and when things actually started sorta started to focus in on Scrafty Verdict: null, maybe leaning scum

11 [m] AbsolutBro- Was inactive early on but came back around and tried to get some people to talk, brought Stanley Palmtree up which is good because he was getting overlooked. Verdict: leaning town

12 [m] Mike_Hawk689- Played a lot of zombies, gives somewhat safe but sound opinions. Verdict: leaning town

13 [m] Mazre- I don’t have anything on Mazre and will probably have to go back through the thread again to come up with anything. Verdict: null

14 [m] Razmos- Was also called out by Squidy, but I’m somewhat more willing to give Razmos an break than I am Trigger, which isn’t really saying anything since neither seem especially scummy at the moment. Verdict: Null but I’ll keep my eyes open.

15 [f] ScraftyDevil- Does a character, I like Stanley’s better. Oddly flip-floppy on Darklighter. Verdict: null, with slight scum leanings.

16 [-] Seath- Didn’t have internet early on, still might not. Defended Scrafty when she was under suspicion. Dumb role claim. Verdict: null maybe leaning town

17 [m] Coppanuva- Has been asking questions and making pretty good calls so far. Leaning town

18 [m] squidyj- Went in on Razmos and Trigger early Verdict: null, leaning town a bit.

19 [m] Sorian- Post a lot and controls conversations which is good and bad, it would be really hard to tell Scum/Neutral Sorian apart from town Sorian. Verdict leaning town but should be watched.

20 [m] Setre- Was shooting for Fireblend early, for soft claiming then decided to switch to advocating a No lynch. Verdict: null

21 [m] Fireblend- Like Coppa and Sorian and Jay to an extent, has been trying to keep things flowing.

22 [m] gryvan – Also voted no lynch and other than that hasn’t really stood out to me. Verdict: null

23 [m] Royal_Flush- I don’t think Flush was around early game, but when he did post it was normally a very positive get discussion going or advice type post, so he’s up there with the other town leaners. Verdict: leaning town.

Ty4on

Oh hey I decided on...

Vote: Ty4on

Specifically, I'm curious if you still want your vote on Mike_Hawk. Has your opinion changed on him any since he's been more active? Mine keeps waffling admittedly, but you've kept your vote on him and seemed intent on it.

Thinking on it. His post just before mine:
Feels like you just want someone to die and get on with it. Scummy Scrafty
Didn't sit right with me, especially how he was bandwagoning after Royal, Fire and Sorian.

[Highlight=]Vote: Trigger

I can't let that "I'm just an ordinary townie" slide, not enough defense and too easy of a claim. I'm voting you to get more info. Please dont turbo!
This one got me looking at him. Especially the "Please don't turbo" which feel like a scum playing like nice town not wanting to turbo.
This one might be hard to follow but Mike made a post where he said he believed that Seath was fake-claiming ordinary townie as a power role. I don't think it's true and it's a weird thing to do but it makes me think he's not scum. If that was a thought process that went through Mike's mind as scum I think he would have brought it up in mafia chat and not out here in the open. There's the possibility that he's neutral and trying to communicate the information to mafia or just not thinking about it, but I think it's far more likely that he's town who just didn't think things through well enough before posting. That's a mistake I can easily see being made.
This makes a lot of sense. It's possible, but it's hard to think of a likely scenario where a scum player would post something like this.

As you might have noticed the main reason I didn't follow up was because there really wasn't much to follow up with. I'll try not to post half finished theories in bed the next time.

UNVOTE

Sorian seems a little more aggressive, but I'm not completely sold yet.

I'm way too tired to do proper reads, but Royal and squidyj seem town to me with detailed reads.
TL21xx looked scummy in DR as well, but was ordinary so I'll have to be more thorough for a proper opinion.
Seath... how the hell would a scum Seath work? He could actually be an ordinary. He claimed neutral in Archer IIRC.
Pop-O-Matic hasn't said much, but there's this lingering thought that if we push him too much he'll claim cop...
Mazre on the surface seems good to me.
UltraJay seems town to me now.
Coppanuva will need a more detailed read from me, but he seems to actively be hunting scum.
My Fireblend read is similar so far.
AbsolutBro has had IRL issues, but I wish he would put out something harder. I guess that's a side effect of not having time to be detailed and me thinking that being helpful is a #scumread though :p
Unmasked Ferret still doesn't read super town to me, but much better than at the start.

Razmos and Trigger still don't look town. I'll have to look at them more closely tomorrow.
My read of ScraftyDevil from is really colored by her cosplay which makes her hard to read. She doesn't seem to be playing much like either side as she jumps on easy targets.
Setre similarly is a null. He has created some friction though.

Maar voor de rest I really don't have anything for now. Darklighter is the top vote, but if he is scum you really have to wonder what the scum thread is like.

I'll try to make something much more detailed tomorrow. I know the deadline is in the morning for US folks so I apologize for this being so hollow.

Mazre

Just popping in to say I really don't have much new to add this evening, I've got tomorrow off fortunately, so I'll try to have some sort of update in the morning. Thanks to all who've provided reads today.

Pop - Tried defending his RNG vote with new logic later, which is fine, the coincidence can happen but I just haven't felt good about Pop all day. His activity levels seem different from prior games and I'm wondering if it is new scum trying to figure out their role. Also thought his switch to Dark was so easy after his thoughts on Scrafty were out in the open.

1. That wasn't RNG. That vote was deliberate from the jump for the reasons I explained later.

2. When did I "switch" to Darklighter? My vote's still on Scrafty...

Sorian

Banned
1. That wasn't RNG. That vote was deliberate from the jump for the reasons I explained later.

2. When did I "switch" to Darklighter? My vote's still on Scrafty...

Huh, you're right on point two. I could have sworn you did.

Point one still stands though, whether you came forward with reasoning later or not, none of us knew it at the time. You voted when everyone was doing the RNG stuff and your reasoning was "fuck tourists"

Coppanuva

Just popping in to say I really don't have much new to add this evening, I've got tomorrow off fortunately, so I'll try to have some sort of update in the morning. Thanks to all who've provided reads today.

I'm holding both of you to this. You'll have little time, but I want final thoughts of the day from both of you.

Coppanuva

Oh, and Ty4on answered my question for him, and I'm not particularly interested in maintaining my vote on him at this point.

Unvote

I'll probably end up placing this on DarkLighter in the morning if needed, since he's still the most logical kill player since we seem to be going for inactives.

Coppanuva

Coppa, if you had to vote for scum instead of inactivity, who do you think you'd be voting for?

I outlined it in the bottom of my reads post, and the only thing that changed is I'm removing TL21xx from the list for now, due to his recent behavior. I'm going to revisit my opinion on him during Day 2. Right now:

Trigger - That ordinary claim reads a bit too much like a panicked reaction, I'm not sure it's due to him being scum and trying to dispel that worry immediately, or just a worried town trying to crush it fast. I don't like it either way.

Boo Boo'n - The biggest factor to me is he made a point of telling Squidy he had better have good reasoning for claiming Trigger/Razmos as Scum, but then never reacted to his arguments. For someone who specifically said "You better have good reasons", I would think he would have reacted.

If I had to pick a 3rd, I'd put Seath in for similar reasons to Trigger, but I find his claim a bit less suspicious right now for whatever reason, and I don't really want him dead at this point. If he's scum, he'll slip up somehow later on, and he's painted enough of a target on his back from a lot of people for now, so I'm not really considering him today.

I'll probably put my vote on one of these candidates at day's end actually, provided I don't have to use it to break a tie, or create a tie to save someone I think is town.

Sorian

Banned
I outlined it in the bottom of my reads post, and the only thing that changed is I'm removing TL21xx from the list for now, due to his recent behavior. I'm going to revisit my opinion on him during Day 2. Right now:

Trigger - That ordinary claim reads a bit too much like a panicked reaction, I'm not sure it's due to him being scum and trying to dispel that worry immediately, or just a worried town trying to crush it fast. I don't like it either way.

Boo Boo'n - The biggest factor to me is he made a point of telling Squidy he had better have good reasoning for claiming Trigger/Razmos as Scum, but then never reacted to his arguments. For someone who specifically said "You better have good reasons", I would think he would have reacted.

If I had to pick a 3rd, I'd put Seath in for similar reasons to Trigger, but I find his claim a bit less suspicious right now for whatever reason, and I don't really want him dead at this point. If he's scum, he'll slip up somehow later on, and he's painted enough of a target on his back from a lot of people for now, so I'm not really considering him today.

I'll probably put my vote on one of these candidates at day's end actually, provided I don't have to use it to break a tie, or create a tie to save someone I think is town.

Well well, you were so squeaky clean all day until this.

Coppanuva

Well well, you were so squeaky clean all day until this.

And? There's precious few people I think are worth saving right now (the list is manly people who I said I feel most town-like on, as well as some people I'm guessing on based on what they said, but I'm withholding their identity to protect them, if you really want to know I'll say it, but I don't believe it would help town to do so). I will say, that list is also mainly people who have a majority of people who think they're town so that's not likely to happen at this point. But I also don't feel comfortable killing people who I strongly suspect are town, and I won't.

If you're concerned about the people I'd save I'll list them flat out for you now so there's no confusion:

You - You drive discussion more than most, and while I don't think anybody is above scrutiny and you certainly haven't proved anything, I'm too worried we'd be Dead in the Water if nobody is posting frequently.

Squidy - He put himself out there way too much in calling out people as potential scum, I really can't think of him as scum yet and I don't think we would want to kill him this soon.

After thinking about it more, I think that's really the list. It's not likely at all to happen, since neither of you two have any votes now, but I wanted to be transparent to avoid any last minute tangles that might arise and give fair warning to those of us on the other end of the world who will be asleep when voting happens.

Sorian

Banned
And? There's precious few people I think are worth saving right now (the list is manly people who I said I feel most town-like on, as well as some people I'm guessing on based on what they said, but I'm withholding their identity to protect them, if you really want to know I'll say it, but I don't believe it would help town to do so). I will say, that list is also mainly people who have a majority of people who think they're town so that's not likely to happen at this point. But I also don't feel comfortable killing people who I strongly suspect are town, and I won't.

If you're concerned about the people I'd save I'll list them flat out for you now so there's no confusion:

You - You drive discussion more than most, and while I don't think anybody is above scrutiny and you certainly haven't proved anything, I'm too worried we'd be Dead in the Water if nobody is posting frequently.

Squidy - He put himself out there way too much in calling out people as potential scum, I really can't think of him as scum yet and I don't think we would want to kill him this soon.

After thinking about it more, I think that's really the list. It's not likely at all to happen, since neither of you two have any votes now, but I wanted to be transparent to avoid any last minute tangles that might arise and give fair warning to those of us on the other end of the world who will be asleep when voting happens.

Meh, I would have just told you to keep withholding the information. A boring scum team will look at a post like this and just kill off myself or Squidy since so many think we are town and there is no real opportunity to swing votes at us. Though, as usual, people are priming me to go to town in a few game days.

Anyway, no, you shouldn't be causing a tie regardless, we still learn a bit but the day definitely loses a lot of its lucrative-ness if a tie happens.

UltraJay

I don't really know why Coppa brought up breaking a tie. If the list of people to save really is just Sorian and Squidy then there is NO way the votes are moving towards them at this point barring some huge slip from one of them.

Sorian

Banned
I don't really know why Coppa brought up breaking a tie. If the list of people to save really is just Sorian and Squidy then there is NO way the votes are moving towards them at this point barring some huge slip from one of them.

I'm not going to lie, it's slightly uncharacteristic, I don't think I've ever seen Coppa say he was willing to tie, regardless of the circumstances.

Coppanuva

I'm not going to lie, it's slightly uncharacteristic, I don't think I've ever seen Coppa say he was willing to tie, regardless of the circumstances.

Eh, philosophies change with the game. Also I was willing to tie to save my own skin, I'm always willing to do that if I can. Anyhow, I'll admit it's maybe a bad idea having thought of it a bit more, but I still think right now given the circumstances, killing someone who's contributing is a mistake. Anyhow, I'm about to head to bed within the next hour or so. If you want me to respond to anything when I wake up let me know, I should have 3 hours before voting ends to post.

Also

Vote: Trigger

I'm willing to stick by my earlier thoughts that Trigger could be scum, and I'm willing to roll the dice if it comes down to it.

Coppanuva

I have reasons for it. I think if you look at post 676 and think through things from my perspective, you'll understand.

Darklighter

Neo Member
For the record, I'm an ordinary townie and lynching me will only benefit the scum.
(Also being lynched day 1 of my first GAFia game would suck.)

Yeah, that's Day 1 for you. Basically a whole lot of pointless bickering about what's suspicious being done in the name of rooting out scum. One of the reasons I don't really engage that much during this point in the game (though I'm trying to engage more than I did last time to avoid another Day 1 near-lynch). Still some of the things that happen at this point can come back and be important later in the game, so it's not like it's worthless...
It's nice to know someone's on the same page as me. I can see how today's posts may be of use late game (if you manage to filter out all the nonsense), but it's all meaningless at the moment.

I'd argue that Darklighter's first half of his voice is an entirely reasonable, and even safe approach to the discussion at hand so singling out Darklighter for the sake of having someone to press against seems kind of confrontational especially considering the amount of votes you have on you.

I believe Darklighter's comment on role use is perfectly valid for the first day.
Thank you.

I find your amusement amusing. You realize that people play mafia without power roles right? Juts good old talking, reads, and deduction. People that think PRs are going to save the day are a hindrance to town. All they do is sit there hoping that someone will spoon feed them the answer. That's not how it works.
Are power roles separate from mafia roles? Because you can't play mafia without mafia (well, I suppose you could with a sadistic moderator).

Information will begin to trickle out once the mafia/sherif/etc. have a chance to use their powers, at which point making deductions will become realistic.

You're right. None of this is damning. Your posts since you've arrived ARE. That vote on Flush makes no sense. You didn't give a single reason why. You have to have more to go on than "lol Day 1 LAWL they voted me I vote back." We need to vote someone that will hurt us the least who have at least some chance of being scum. (Though, Royal could be)
Tell me how my vote was any worse from the random votes?

Darklighter I'll ask now and hope you'll respond when you check GAF tomorrow. Did you only put your vote on Royal_Flush because he voted for you, or do you have some other reason?
Only because he voted for me.

For the record, I'm an ordinary townie and lynching me will only benefit the scum.

Rebuttal:

Kind of coming off of my last big post. The point of the first day is to set groundwork so that deaths actually matter. If scum kills someone at night but they gave no real opinions during the day then we learn nothing from their death. If they make no connections, suspect no one, trust no one, then we just come into the following day scratching our heads on why they died and realizing that scum made a move to give us the least amount of information as possible.
Interesting. So, failing we weed out any likely scum suspects, it sounds like the best option would be to lynch the player flying the furthest under the radar, since it'd clear out a possible "safe" kill that scum could make to leave us guessing for another day.
That's one school of thought and that's where the vote that is bubbling for Darklighter is coming from.

Tell me how my vote was any worse from the random votes?

Because we were 2 1/2 days into discussion and therefore should have a lot more to base your vote off of besides RNG or OMGUS (like you currently are).

I will say real quick that I don't plan to vote for you as I still kinda want Scrafty to get got ASAP, though, if I was to go the "lets eliminate one of the least active players to keep scum from using them as a "safe" night kill, I think I'd rather go with StanleyPalmtree over you because, while they've given an excuse for why the haven't been playing unlike you just kind of shrugging it off for not thinking it matters, I think, because of how much discussion you have managed to unintentionally spring up around yourself, that you're no longer a "safe" choice for the scum anymore, unlike Stanley.

UltraJay

lynching me will only benefit the scum.

Are you a benefit to town? All you've been doing is defending yourself and shrugging off everything and everyone. That's not going to get a single vote off of you.

Want to know how? Be helpful. Be cooperative. "Oh, it's Day 1 and nothing matters!" Does your vote on Flush matter? Will it benefit the town? Can you convince anyone else to join you on your vote? No? (You know... because you aren't doing that or... anything, really.) You come in, whine, then leave. That's your post for the day! I can see why your vote count is an astounding 4 after 2 years. Also, getting killed on your first Mafia game isn't that surprising. You could have been the first Mafia kill.

How to get votes off of you is to be part of the team. People are sharing their thoughts, giving reads and what are you doing? Nothing.

So, tell me, why do we need you? With lesser numbers reads get better and votes have a higher chance of hitting scum. Mafia of course benefit as well. You need to prove to us your worth.

I know I'm being harsh but... all your posts suck. They are just... the worst.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd like to echo what I said when Seath claimed ordinary town. In a sense, Darklighter claiming the same role makes him an even safer lynch option than before, because we now have these 2 additional guarantees if we do:

- We'll know we're not accidentally lynching a PR, which GAFia's track record will show is a surprisingly good day 1 outcome :p
- Mafia knows he's not a PR now, so they'll be removing him from their potential NK list to increase their odds of hitting a PR, not like they weren't going to already since he's such dead weight for us. Lynching him ourselves would deny them that play.

I'm going to read through the thread again and see if that's where I want my vote to stay, sadly I couldn't do it yesterday.

UltraJay

People are going to be waking up soon. I don't know if I want to stay up for the end of Day 1 voting craziness if I need to change my vote. Biggs has a hell of a hole that he's dug himself into and I don't know if he can redeem himself.

UltraJay

I have misgivings about others, of course. But in the course of 3 posts Dark has basically lynched himself. What a shitty, shitty defense.

Look Darklighter, as I already said: If you only check in once a day, those posts better be good, to make up for the lack of quantity with quality. Your posts aren't good enough. In fact, they may well be some of the worst mafia posts I've ever seen. I guess you won't check in before the day ends, but if you want to post your impressions of different players, please go ahead. You may not have the chance next dayphase.

Trigger

I'm pretty comfortable with my vote on Dark. I think Day 2 will be interesting assuming the vague power role claims are true.

Mazre

Quoting my previous reads for easy reference-

This has been by a wide margin the stingiest day 1 I've seen. Definitely complicating reads.

Gonna start with reads, keeping in mind none of these are overly strong at the extreme I'm feeling maybe +-10 points from neutral (no read).

Leaning town- Sorian, Absolutbro, squidyj, coppa, flush - Generally quality reads and solid activity levels (bro is a little light on activity but has provided some context for it), certainly possible for a mafia to be here early game but even if they are at least they're contributing to the town for now (time tends to be the equalizer here)

No lynchers- Setre,gryvan - Narrowest grouping I see at the moment, seems like an unlikely place for a mafia to place themselves, not impossible certainly but this would be a risky position for a mafia to adopt; smallest no lynch group I've seen to date

fluff squad - scrafty, razmos, pop, booboo, mike - Mentioned these guys last night, decent chance of a mafia in here, definitely a group to watch; anecdotally mike seems to be trying a little harder the past 24 hours

minimalists- seath, karu, darklighter, stanleypalmtree - coin flip in my mind for a mafia to be hiding here; lots of new players in this group

the rest - ultrajay, trigger, ferret, tl21xx, ty4on, fireblend - I don't have a strong opinion on this group, some odd bits here and there over the last ~50 hours but as expected no smoking guns, maybe this is my blindspot

I'l start by talking about my last group in the previous post, these are mostly my gut reactions at the moment:

fireblend - leaning positive at this point, strong participation

tl21xx - keep an eye on this one, seriously, that was either the clumsiest or most deft play I've seen

ultrajay - lean town at this point

ferret / trigger / ty40n - still pretty neutral on all of these

For the minimalists -
stanleypalmtree - still the big ?? here, literally nothing to go on
karu - septimusprime redux (archer game reference), null read
seath - Yep that's Seath, null read
darklighter - others have said it better already, defensive and unwilling to engage with the group as a whole

fluff squad - I have nothing new here, still a good chance for a mafia in this group
no lynch group - Again nothing really new, setre's response was pretty light and he hasn't really attempted much further engagement

town group - this group feels on the large side to me at the moment which makes me uneasy, feels like theres a better than average chance of a scum in here but time will ultimately sort that out. Coppa's comment about potentially creating a tie is oddball but not lynch worthy by itself

--------

Gonna stick with my Setre vote, I still prefer a long shot to a policy lynch day 1. That said I have no objection to darklighter's lynching at this point.

Sorian

Banned
I'm sorry this has done nothing to sway me from thinking this is a fine choice. I don't think we are going to hit scum with this vote but we are going to be cleaning up a bit which is much needed. I'm sorry that you had to take the day 1 bullet but as Flush is saying. Coming in once a day with low quality posts was never going to cut it and taking care of this now is better for town in the long run especialy when we already have other storylines forming and more to follow up with already after the first night phase.

Are power roles separate from mafia roles? Because you can't play mafia without mafia (well, I suppose you could with a sadistic moderator).

Information will begin to trickle out once the mafia/sherif/etc. have a chance to use their powers, at which point making deductions will become realistic.

The mafia kill is a faction/alignment ability, it's not really a power role on it's own. Very basic games of mafia only have vanilla town, vanilla mafia, one doctor, and one cop. Even past that though, some people play mafia without the cop, doctor, or both. So yes, you could argue that deduction would start after night 1 with the first death but I would argue that a useless first day would just make it so that the night kill felt like it had no rhyme or reason, I think we've actually had a pretty productive day 1 once we got past that slow slog in the first 36-48 hours.

Karu

I'd like to echo what I said when Seath claimed ordinary town. In a sense, Darklighter claiming the same role makes him an even safer lynch option than before, because we now have these 2 additional guarantees if we do:

- We'll know we're not accidentally lynching a PR, which GAFia's track record will show is a surprisingly good day 1 outcome :p
- Mafia knows he's not a PR now, so they'll be removing him from their potential NK list to increase their odds of hitting a PR, not like they weren't going to already since he's such dead weight for us. Lynching him ourselves would deny them that play.

I'm going to read through the thread again and see if that's where I want my vote to stay, sadly I couldn't do it yesterday.
I don't think Darklighter is scum, but this is at least a good point for voting him out nonetheless, get some mileage out of DAy One. Will be here for the next 2 hours and 20 minutes. Can't predict my attendance for the last hour, have to drive someone around maybe. So will lock down my vote before then.

Coppanuva

Gonna stick with my Setre vote, I still prefer a long shot to a policy lynch day 1. That said I have no objection to darklighter's lynching at this point.

Cool deal. Not sure how I feel about Setre, but I'm not considering him personally. Thanks for updating your info!

Now Razmos, you promised us something as well. Still waiting on it.

RetroMG

Lights, seen in the sky above the Arby's. Not the glowing sign of Arby's; something higher and beyond that. We know the difference. We've caught onto their game. We understand the lights-above-Arby's game.

Invaders from another world.

Ladies and gentlemen, the future is here, and it's about a hundred feet above the Arby's.

Current Votes

darklighter (7)
scraftydevil 136 (447)
coppanuva 280 (298)
fireblend 450
royal_flush 454
unmasked ferret 541
ultrajay 544
scraftydevil 568
trigger 592
sorian 619

trigger (3)
razmos 155
mike_hawk689 394
coppanuva 679

scraftydevil (2)
karu 149
pop-o-matic 182
sorian 457 (501)
coppanuva 605 (608)

setre (2)
mazre 502
tl21xx 528

no lynch (2)
gryvan 389
setre 571

unmasked ferret (1)
boo boo'n 169
squidyj 170 (351)
sorian 256 (310)
ultrajay 279 (414)
ty4on 328 (461)

royal_flush (1)
unmasked ferret 172 (541)
darklighter 531

razmos (1)
squidyj 351

stanleypalmtree (1)
absolutbro 466

Coppanuva

The longest standing votes are:

Pop-o-matic on Scrafty (182)
Boo Boo'n on Ferret (169)
Razmos on Trigger (post 155)
Karu on Scrafty (149)

These are all about 500 posts old at this point. To the 4 of you: Are you planning on changing your votes?

Ty4on

These reads take way too much time...

Trigger is an easy target that I know a lot of people have latched onto. His first posts as squidyj says feel like “a preoccupation with being noticed rather than contributing“. His ordinary claim also just felt very wrong.
There's some feeling in the back of my head making me think he's just a new player though so I looked back:
For both of these players what I noticed was a preoccupation with being noticed rather than contributing, I can't think of a single thing Trigger has done that I would call contributive, it's a lot of hemming and hawing and just making sure to remain visible as opposed to chiming in with contributions for town. Trigger pushed me over the edge with the post about roles where it seemed like Trigger wasn't really paying attention to the game because we had just covered that ground.
There's no intentional strategy in this, just clumsy playing. I'm still finding the balance in being proactive and thoughtful. I rushed to post without reading some of the posts closely enough. The fact that the topic of roles had already been discussed was an oversight on my part.
A light went up when I read this reply. Trigger's posts in general feel thorough so when the actual content is framed haphazardly it creates a disconnect in my mind which looks scummy. I don't see him as town, but I now have something that can explain his behavior.
Speaking of thorough posts:
Ty4on- I just can't get a enough of a read on him.
Without me knowing the reason it doesn't mean much, but it looks like this was edited. That's kinda weird because none of the other reads seemed rushed and his read on me was the shortest of them all. I believe it's supposed to say “I can't get a read on him” with earlier versions including some form of “I just can't get enough *material *for a read on him”.
I just found it interesting :p

If you want more silly things that mean nothing:
Honestly?

Unmasked Ferret - It's been stated before but s/he seems to be taking the ongoing stack of accusations towards him/her much too casually. Of course, it's perfectly fine to assume s/he may actually be innocent thus the passiveness could be justified. At the same time, there's very little to go with right now so i'm naturally loading that character in my chamber of options.
Note the pronouns. If you'd checked the OP you would have noticed everybody with the exception of Seath and Scrafty have marked [m] in preferred pronouns. This is the second (and last) post where I saw him using a pronoun and only time where he used a specific pronoun:
[...]
I'd argue that Darklighter's first half of his voice is an entirely reasonable, and even safe approach to the discussion at hand so singling out Darklighter for the sake of having someone to press against seems kind of confrontational especially considering the amount of votes you have on you.
[...]
For proper flavor I guess I could say I put a glass of straws six feet from me, strapped myself to the wall and starter a futile attempt to grasp the straws.

Karu

The longest standing votes are:

Pop-o-matic on Scrafty (182)
Boo Boo'n on Ferret (169)
Razmos on Trigger (post 155)
Karu on Scrafty (149)

These are all about 500 posts old at this point. To the 4 of you: Are you planning on changing your votes?
As mentioned above, possibly. At this point I'm okay with Darklighter as day one-victim. Scrafty is still on my list under the category "Weird gut feeling", though. Will/Should not die today, obviously (Well... "Will not" because no majority by any stretch; "Should not" - Gut feeling is a flimsy reason).

Kevyt

I'm on mobile and in a bit of a rush and I can't make a lengthy post explaining my reasoning, but it's safe to say that based on the interaction I've seen I have already ruled out some players from my list of suspects and narrow it down to my list of highly suspicious:

Stanleypalmtree
scraftydevil
Trigger
Ty4on
Mike_hawk
Squidyj

I've ruled out players that called me out on my bs such as Sorian, fireblend, coppabauva, Mazre and some other dudes. They're most likely to be town given that they were legitimately worried about me ruining town. What I wanted to know (or guess) was what would a Mafia player said if a "townie" made such a mistake. Experience tells me that usually they let it slide through or not even really care. It's town members who legitimately care and point it out as a lynching reason. Mafia usually goes with the flow. This was the case in early on on Archer. Haly was a mafiaso and didn't really care much about my bs role claim in that game. Mafia didn't really care. I had my suspicion in him but decided to go after another player, and well the rest is history. ;_;

However, I'm not entirely ruling out Sorian and friends.

Kevyt

And to further elaborate on the previous game I was in was that Haly and another Mafia player in Archer advocated for me to stay in the game and not get lynched.

I'm thinking that Mafia thought to themselves "well Seath is stupid and dumb so we don't have to worry about him since he's going to end up ruining town anyways" so essentially those players that call out on those "mistakes" like Sorian can be ruled out in my book... At least for now.

Dear diary,

The sun is like, beginning to set on the first day of my vacation. Not gonna lie, it's kinda been like, totally groady to the max.

I've heard that people are like, going missing in the middle of the night so I'm gonna like, leave this diary entry just in case. I've seen the other residents like, writing up this lists on everyone in town maybe it'd be a good idea if like, I made one too.

Fetch:

Sorian - I like, don't think things would be moving along nearly as much without him. I think that like, bad guys would want to like, keep discussion stagnant so if he went away it would like, totally stymie everyone else.

Coppanuva - Oh my gawd, it feels so good to have someone who like, focuses on your every word so intently! I feel like some kinda totally glam superstar! That aside, I feel like this guy is like, not afraid to speak his mind and challenge everything he finds suspicious which is like, totally the opposite of what I would do if I were like, totes sinister.

UltraJay - This guy seems, like, thoughtful and contemplative. I've like, never gotten any suspicious feelings from him which is totally gnarly considering how shady like, this whole town is.

Barf:

Darklighter - Even if he's like, not a bad guy, this dude is just like, gonna hurt town by sticking around. He needs to like, take a long walk off a short pier.

Seath - I'm like, not sure if he's just silly or if he's like, totally taking us on a ruse cruise. Either way, not the best look, shaka brah.

Pop-O-Matic - Hasn't done a super good job engaging in discussion and just feels, like, offputting to me. His vote has like, no bearing on how I feel about him but I'd like, totally love it if he could remind me why he finds me most suspicious cuz my memory is like, totally hazy at times.

Meh:

gryvan - Like, still not convinced this guy's cool. Something seems like kinda strange about him.

Trigger & Setre - Both of these dudes are like, hard to read. Setre like voted for no lynch which makes me feel like he just doesn't wanna end up getting like, fingers pointed at him in the future but I dunno. Trigger says he like, just a normal dude too which is like, a classic tactic for shifting suspicion. They like, totally use it on Night Court all the time.

Anyway I'd better like, get back to town before sunset. Betcha some stuff's gonna like, happen, shyeah.

Love and peace,

Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos

OOOXXX

Top Bottom