• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X Eurogamer Preview: Maybe 2015's Most Impressive Open World

Robin64

The four data packs are mentioned in today's Downloads PR along with the game, but they don't specify when they will be up. Usually everything in that PR goes up at 15:00 CET on Thursdays (so December 3rd in this case), except for retail games which are midnight that day. So we'll see.

So Nintendo UK gave a copy of the game to Bowie_Alexander and at a the 12 hour mark a session was recorded playing around in Primordia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJY0MbmD4cA
They were playing as a Blast Fencer and I found their play style of switching melee and ranged to speed up the cooldowns to be interesting (or maybe I'm just noticing this more having actually watched the NOA survival guides). Make sure to read the youtube comments as there were a few mistakes made in their commentary (which can happen if you're doing things on the spot or don't quite know things yourself, the crown on the tyrant being a prime example you would think that a completion mark but instead it is a danger level based on how many people have been KOd by it).

Nintendo has a weirdly close-to-release embargo this time (for them), but I don't know if it indicates a lack of confidence or they got it gold fairly late and reviewers would need a ton of time.
I think it is the latter really. Remember a few weeks ago when it looked like all the English gameplay was a couple of hours at a Nintendo media event and I commented on this and what do you know review copies did landed and my concerns that even the reviewers who could put 80 hours into it struggled (maybe even failed) to finish looks like they've come to fruit too.

Thanks guys. I hope it applies outside UK. With Nintendo, you never know!
Will check after work.
NOE run the eShop so they will push it through for all at also using CET time indicates that too. However there were no packs when people checked at that time.

Still the Xenoblade X data packs are in the actual PR in case anyone lost hope of them appearing at all. The PR also says "These data packs are designed for the disc-based version of Xenoblade Chronicles X and will not improve load times on the downloadable version of the game." in the descriptor of each pack.

vall03

I wonder if I'll bite with Xenoblade Chronicles X since I haven't bought a game on Wii U this year outside of a few sales. I just got MGSV on PSN as well because of my sister so I might start that. Also, I'm still hoping for that chance that Trails of Cold Steel will be released this year, so I want to free up my schedule in December as much as possible. Man, I kinda want the game for the mechs.

I did it guys, I went to my local Fnac and bought the game even though amazon was 20€ cheaper

We're so proud of you! ^_^

I wish I could find the game at local stores here in Brazil, I would certainly pay extra to get it early too! Sadly, our only option to get the game quick around here is the digital version on the eShop.

Chaos17

Posting this again for people who might have missed it, infos about multi players : https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...z/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

I hope it will make it into the OT.

Do they usually send it so you get it on launch day?
Depend of amazon.fr mood if they want to send it one day before launch or not.
Otherwise, I always received from them at the day of launch when I pre-order.
I don't remember receiving after the launch day my recent purchases.

WVW69inlwqMV3e5qi3

aravuus

I did it guys, I went to my local Fnac and bought the game even though amazon was 20€ cheaper

Wish we had those in Finland. Gonna go check out some of the nearby stores after work, but they're all either Gamestops and such or big retailers, doubt any of them would be selling it early.

Still, gotta be optimistic.

tizaffy

Neo Member
review embargo lifts in 4 hours people.

As someone said earlier though, half these reviews are just useless. Rushed reviews to get website hits. Dont know how you can review a game like X so quickly.

Cant wait to get stuck into this world :)

Chaos17

Screen shots or vacation photos?

Why not both ? <3

review embargo lifts in 4 hours people.

As someone said earlier though, half these reviews are just useless. Rushed reviews to get website hits. Dont know how you can review a game like X so quickly.

Cant wait to get stuck into this world :)

I fear this also, specialy when the core of the game is the deep gameplay.
I've seen many reviewers not understanding some games like that and gave a bad review.
(I will never get over Fantasy Life bad reviews, NEVER!)

For example, if the reviewer disliked the story there is a chance he didn't do enough Kizuna quests that expand the lore, characters and depth of the game. A french fan reviewer who tested the japanese game back then said that those side quests have been for him part of the main story since they brought details that the main story didn't brought up.

My biggest review concern is combat getting bad ratings as they didn't get into all the nooks and crannies of the system (I'm sure I've seen a few streams where people had not leveled up arts which I know from the first game makes a huge difference).

Apparently the issue has been fixed and the Data Packs are visible on the eShop for everyone now.
Yep I can confirm they are up (felt really funny saying "I own this game"). If you grab them all at once you need 15.3GB free space for installing them (less if you go one at a time).

I always imagined reviews wouldn't be great (I think this will get lots of 7s), but at least previews gave the world design the praise it apparently deserves.

Chaos17

Shoot, I've only 12 free GB but all the data pack need 15 GB >_<
Pikmin, I think you and me will have to part...

Edit : the character creator isn't that bad.
WVW69imuSkoHBNq5T7

Diffense

Wait wat!? Some people (non-reviewers) actually have the game already!
No fair that your earth is destroyed before my earth.
I want my earth destroyed too. :p

JCH!

So I just tried downloading the Data Packs and it told me they were 15.6 GB. I thought they were supposed to be around 12GB?

Robin64

So I just tried downloading the Dara Packs and it told me they were 15.6 GB. I thought they were supposed to be around 12GB?

They'll be 10gb when installed, but 15.6gb is how much you need if you grab them all at once so there's room for unpacking and stuff. Try it one by one.

Dommel

Still don't know if I should go digital and then I'd would have to delete some stuff or Disc + download packs which would just about fit on the internal HD but might be slower?

JCH!

They'll be 10gb when installed, but 15.6gb is how much you need if you grab them all at once so there's room for unpacking and stuff. Try it one by one.

Ahh, nice tip. Did not think to try that. Downloading the first 3 ones now.

Now all that's left is to cross fingers and hope that Spanish FNAC is as 'liberal' with release dates as the French one! :D

marmoka

Banned
I have my Wii U at my parents' home and I won't be there till this weekend. I can't download anything till Friday.

If any of you is getting inside their house to steal all their money and jewelry while they are at work, please don't forget to turn my Wii U on and download all the data packs. Thanks.

Top Bottom