• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jonsoncao

Banned
ok I may be a little noobish but I have to say that koenigsegg CCGT is barely drivable without TCS in some circuits

Is it just me? is there any max spd penalty of turning TCS on?

Jonsoncao said:
ok I may be a little noobish but I have to say that koenigsegg CCGT is barely drivable without TCS in some circuits

Is it just me? is there any max spd penalty of turning TCS on?

I'm feeling similarly about the RWD R3 and R2 cars. Some are fine, whereas others are nearly uncontrollable without TCS. It's funny how the LMP R1 cars are much easier to control despite their additional speed.

I kind of wish there was an easy way to toggle TCS from within the race, or to just have TCS assigned to specific cars like in the GT games. I might have to just deal with using the handicap while playing on a pad.

G Rom

So, at what time can we expect the DLC to hit tomorrow ?
I just redeemed my points. They're just waiting the DLC !:D

I hope that it's soon for us european as I have pretty much the entire day off !:D

Shaneus

mujun said:
I ended up selling this off without playing through much of it. I played a bunch in the event mode and didn't realize until well into it that many of the achievements could only be picked up by playing the season mode.

I tried getting through season mode but it didn't really appeal to me.

Seems that my ability to play sim racers is dependent on how their season mode works. Might just end up sticking with arcade racers from now on.
I'm keen to see you elaborate on this... surely you didn't return a game solely based on the method in which you have to play to earn achievements!

Magni

I'd love to see an Audi 90 since it's in no game that I know of, but is in our garage ^^ But this first DLC looks to be a steal. If we get bi/trimestrial 10+1 car packs at 500 MSP then I'm gonna be a very happy racer. Adding in tracks (as in Spa and Bathurst) that are implemented into the career mode => jizzinmypants.gif

Ding

I'm a bit late returning to this subject, but....

Fanatec did eventually email me a tracking number, and the wheel itself arrived the next day. It seems very nice. The wheel is as "thick" as the one in my real car, although of course the diameter of the wheel is considerably less. I've drilled the mounting holes in my cockpit, and just need to run to the hardware store for the proper length screws. I should have that puppy mounted by tonight.

But they didn't send the pedals.

I was expecting that, but it's still frustrating not to able to use my new toy. I ordered the "Pure" edition wheel, and added the pedals and shifters "on the side". That was to avoid paying for the full package, which cost more because it included the PC and PS3 dongles and such. But my cheapness as bitten me in the ass, because the ala carte pedals were delayed somehow.

They also didn't send me the pedal mounting plate, and the extra-long shifter cable I ordered. Also not a huge deal, but I'm finding it a little disturbing that I can't even see my order on the Fanatec website anymore. They say no one with my email address has ever even registered there. Odd. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem with their backend database. (It's either that, or they are purging their servers as they prepare to flee to Brazil!)

Oh, and it's going to be harder than I had hoped to mount the shifter(s) to the cockpit. The bottoms of the shifter bases aren't even flat! I've hatched a crazy plan involving powerful magnets and 2-part epoxy. I'll let you know how much of a disaster that turns into. :lol

There has always been some odd polygon modelling on the forza cars which annoys me, look at the lambo badge at the beginning and around it, like it's bent tin or something.

Anyway, great choice of cars for the first DLC, shame it was not all in the game as default but damn sweet pack none the less.

Amazing lineup for the first DLC pack, I must say. I nearly shed a tear at the absence of the Zonda F/R, but I can't wait to drive just about every other car included-- with the exception of the vomit-inducing Panamera.

At least everyone that's been (justifiably) bitching for the GT-R can now shut up. Get some more Zondas in, Che, so that I can too. :D

mujun

Shaneus said:
I'm keen to see you elaborate on this... surely you didn't return a game solely based on the method in which you have to play to earn achievements!

No.

But I got to the point where picking up some achievements was the only thing that would inspire me to play the game. When I realized how much time I'd have to put in to get any (and play a way that I don't particularly enjoy) then I decided that I couldn't be bothered and sold it off.

Progression and a sense of accomplishment are important factors in how much I enjoy playing games.

I'm only on my second season so far, and I'm loving it. I am playing it while listening to the G.A.M.E. sountrack and it puts me in a zen-like state.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ravenn17 said:
Rgyxj.jpg

The lord has given us his blessing.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Now people can stop bitching about the lack of Nissan GT-R love.

'63 250 GTO, Porsche 917 and McLaren F1 GTR non-whale tail next, please. :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Awww, they forgot to include the shifters with my order. From some of the comments at the 911wheel blog, I don't think I'm alone.

So I'm gonna have to wait for those, but I can use the paddle shifters in the mean time.

Gek54

XiaNaphryz said:
Awww, they forgot to include the shifters with my order. From some of the comments at the 911wheel blog, I don't think I'm alone.

So I'm gonna have to wait for those, but I can use the paddle shifters in the mean time.

Paddle shifters are a little better if you unscrew the sharp metal plates.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Gek54 said:
Was it ever said why the GT-R had to be DLC?

we were waiting for the Spec-V version and Nissan came through with it after our production deadline.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Che, do DLC cars have performance upgrades and visual upgrades? Just wondering. Sold either way as soon as it goes up.

eso76

Very nice, downloading as soon as it hits xbl...today it seems.

Now if only UPS would be so nice and dropped the fanatec at the door already..i've been tracking it and the thing traveled across europe, from Cologne to my town in one night (which is remarkable) after which....it's been sitting in UPS depot (which is like 1 mlie from where i work) all day yesterday and for some reason delivery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow.
The fuck ?

G Rom

Most awesome DLC car pack ever confirmed !:D
Can't wait to drive that Spec-V and that 599XX !

So, anyone know when the DLCs go up normally ?

Oh and Zondas mean at least two. We already have the C12S. This can only mean a R and a F/Cinque/Roaster !:D

Jube3

G Rom said:
Most awesome DLC car pack ever confirmed !:D
Can't wait to drive that Spec-V and that 599XX !

So, anyone know when the DLCs go up normally ?

Oh and Zondas mean at least two. We already have the C12S. This can only mean a R and a F/Cinque/Roaster !:D

via twitter
Hot Holidays Car Pack DLC going live tonight at 2am PST!

Ill be buying the GTR and putting the sam and Max xmas car on it tommorow for the store front :D

G Rom said:

Sounds good to me, though the Zonda in the game is the original C12, not the C12-S. The F is the one I really want to see. Anything else is just gravy.

Che specifically mentioning Zondas makes me quite happy, considering what happened with the R35 GT-R.

Jube3 said:
via twitter
Hot Holidays Car Pack DLC going live tonight at 2am PST!

Ill be buying the GTR and putting the sam and Max xmas car on it tommorow for the store front :D

Excellent, I'll definitely be staying up for the DLC.

amar212

Great DLC, great price, nice move Che.

Now, how about some RWD/MR dedicated hoppers in A HC class?

You should really put an end to the AWD racism that has plagued the online.

Top Bottom