• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: Nadine And Sully Trailer

AdaWong

Why is Chloe even required to be in this? She wasn't required in Uncharted 3 either. Let the character go, Nate picked Elena.

Best wishes.

Who gives a fuck about Nate and his choices? We want Chloe because she's that-fuckin-Aussie-badass-with-dat-ass-who's-more-useful-than-Elena's-ass. Elena can stay being Nate's hypewoman while Chloe is a badass, boss-ass independent woman who needs no man.

ass

Fat4all

Banned
I need a Nadine and Chloe spin-off.

4t4eu.gif

ToD_

This looks so nice. The direction is good. Probably one of the first games where I feel I may actually care a bit about the characters, because it actually looks believable.

Kazaam

Nadine is going to kill Sully. She gave him the finger gun.

It does feel like foreshadowing. It also points to a previous reversed situation if I understood correctly. One thing that's clear from the 2 trailers is that Sully knows Nadine, while Nathan doesn't.

Uncharted 4 is ahead of Star Citizen for me, though I'm pretty sure many of the PC guys will disagree with me.

SC mostly brute-forces its way to better graphics. Some people will get upset by that (mainly gaffers who backed SC), but when you compare things like character models of both games and UC4's look better despite SC's obviously containing a lot more polygons, it becomes evident. ND is just very good at pretty much everything.

Javin98

Banned
SC mostly brute-forces its way to better graphics. Some people will get upset by that (mainly gaffers who backed SC), but when you compare things like character models of both games and UC4's look better despite SC's obviously containing a lot more polygons, it becomes evident. ND is just very good at pretty much everything.
Yep, Uncharted 4 has the best character models I've ever seen in a game. Also, I might be wrong, but I don't think Star Citizen has the same level of destruction physics either.

Alucrid

Banned

when the SC trailer aired during the game awards it looked...pretty janky, especially the animations

Huh...when was this shown? Certainly not during the show i watched. I only saw the one off Nathan and his brother, looking over the water while talking.

But good lord....is that truly how it will look during gameplay too, where we see Nadine and Sully? Insane.

Corine

So pretty much the graphics debate of 2016 will go down between Uncharted 4 and Star Citizen

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no competition for Star Citizen. That game has scenes of 30+ million polys with 4k+ textures and every other advanced graphical effect. Thinking UC4 is coming close to that is a bit silly.

Javin98

Banned
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no competition for Star Citizen. That game has scenes of 30+ million polys with 4k+ textures and every other advanced graphical effect. Thinking UC4 is coming close to that is a bit silly.
Oops, sorry to burst your bubble, but there is such a thing as opinions.

Interactive cutscenes and seamless transitions to gameplay is going to be really great and immersive.

Time for media blackout now.

hal9001

Banned
Why do i keep watching these?! Looks stunning. Have to go on blackout mode now. No more trailers till release.

Javin98

Banned
Hey you can like ones art style better than the other, but in reference to graphics tech there is no debate between the 2.
It's not just art style, I find Uncharted 4 to be better looking overall. Granted Star Citizen is doing more technically, but the more technically impressive game is not always the best looking. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds Uncharted 4 better looking, so I'd like to see how you argue with opinions.

That's why they should have introduced dialog choices earlier.

Not with any meaningful consequences it doesn't. I think getting a choice of different dialogue Drake can say is great, but Uncharted certainly shouldn't have any RPG elements.

Ran rp

Gotta feel Nadine/Sully backstory is gonna play into the inevitable Sully single player DLC

If Nadine's character is interesting enough I'd be down for another Left Behind affair. Or something with Elena. Especially if she's more like her UC1 self.

Edit: Oh wait, wasn't DLC actually confirmed already? Or did they say they were considering it?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
The details in the character models is amazing, I particularly love the muscle definition on Nadine arms.

PSY・S;188084318 said:
If Nadine's character is interesting enough I'd be down for another Left Behind affair. Or something with Elena. Especially if she's more like her UC1 self.

Edit: Oh wait, wasn't DLC actually confirmed already? Or did they say they were considering it?

They announced the single player DLC a few months back, although its not currently in development, and they don't really know what it is yet. But based on the strength of Left Behind, I'm sure it'll be great whenever it arrives and in whatever form it takes.

Who gives a fuck about Nate and his choices? We want Chloe because she's that-fuckin-Aussie-badass-with-dat-ass-who's-more-useful-than-Elena's-ass. Elena can stay being Nate's hypewoman while Chloe is a badass, boss-ass independent woman who needs no man.

ass

Because she served no purpose to the plot? What was her point in Uncharted 3? Carrying Charlie Cutter home? They diluted her character as well as her backside in that iteration of the series. No need to do that, and just move. Unless there's a strong enough reason to have her here as a story arc, I honestly don't see the point.

You'll see her in multiplayer anyway. I invite new characters being introduced instead of the series continuing its Scooby Doo gang mantra from 3.

Best wishes.

edit: beaten

Huh...when was this shown? Certainly not during the show i watched. I only saw the one off Nathan and his brother, looking over the water while talking.

But good lord....is that truly how it will look during gameplay too, where we see Nadine and Sully? Insane.

from the PS stream (im watching it or watched it on my PS4's Live events viewer app) on ND's panel. right now, they have PS I love you

Top Bottom