• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: Nadine And Sully Trailer

He doesn't look different.

None of them do, they just got a realism bump in their redesign.

Really annoying when GAF goes paranoid about this stuff. "It's like a completely different character! They look nothing alike!" Like, no, it's not that drastic, and Sully is clearly showing more age.

To me it looks like he just lost a bunch of weight and aged.

Exactly. All the characters are now aged and got some realism.

Looks real nice, but am I the only one that thinks it has a bit of a cartoon look to it? Especially the facial mocap.
I'm getting a serious case of uncanny valley during the Nadine And Sully dialogue.
Like there is a disconnect between head and facial motion or something.

On the other hand, the hair and body animations look very believable.

Javin98

Banned
lol, holy crap, you really took my one post, which was a response to one condescending person in particular, of many in this thread way too seriously. Calm yourself.
I apologize. It was meant to be something akin to a satirical post. It wasn't directed at you alone, but to all those posts that claim "if you disagree, you're blind". But you said you were provoked to make that post, so I apologize. I was just trying to say that it's annoying sometimes how an opinion is not accepted even if it is not treated as a fact. Other than that post, I didn't really want to spark any aggressive debate.

rashbeep

Banned
If I want to be super critical I do feel the lighting/shadowing is a little off, a bit surreal almost, reliant on rim shading and ambient occlusions to give depth to assets in a scene instead of complex global illumination or whatever. Which is not to say that's what it's doing, just how it looks to me, leading to elements in the scene (characters and static assets included) not looking cohesively lit with the scene itself. Like on a detail level the accurate, deeper lighting/shading isn't there, causing props to stand out as floating in the scene or conflicting with the environment lighting more than they should realistically.

But that's nitpicking in a game that otherwise looks fucking incredible on a technically and artistic level, and it's not like countless other games (if not the majority) aren't equally guilty of the aforementioned nitpicking. So whatever.

That's a really good way of putting it.

when the SC trailer aired during the game awards it looked...pretty janky, especially the animations
Lol, are people really comparing footage literally captured from playing the alpha build that you can play now, to cutscenes and highly choreographed uncharted trailers.
If you really want to compare star citizen to the trailer this thread is about, please use the Gary oldman or Mark Hamill trailers, as they both represent near final quality.

I was on media blackout but then this popped up during the Uncharted 4 panel and I said fuck it.

Holy smokes ND, just amazed at their level of writing, technology and character performances.
I can already tell I'm gonna love Nadine, she seems so damn cool.

Really can't wait for this now, so close. *Backs into media blackout cave*

zsynqx

hm, I find people's reaction weird since it has become a norm for AAA TPS to do that

I think it is because of how high the fidelity is, that it just seems so impressive. Obviously transitions like this have been around for a while but they have never looked as good as this.

Kaze2212

I think it is because of how high the fidelity is, that it just seems so impressive. Obviously transitions like this have been around for a while but they have never looked as good as this.

Also the fact that Naughty Dog has been using prerendered cutscenes up until now and this just proves that the cutscenes are indeed realtime.

Top Bottom