• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: Nadine And Sully Trailer

Damn, Uncharted 4 is going to push me to get a PS4 sooner than I thought. Will preorder the bundle when it becomes available. Last gen I waited until about 5 years in to get the PS3, and spent 6 months plowing through nothing but PS3 exclusives. It was beautiful.

SC mostly brute-forces its way to better graphics.

Yeah, because no artistry and attention to detail is involved in making PC games. You just dump raw unedited stuff on to hardware that does it all for you.

All those lighting artists, character modellers, and engine tech guys that worked on console games before hand all of a sudden stopped being artisans as soon as they were hired by CIG.

zsynqx

That is the Legendary ending.

image.php

when the SC trailer aired during the game awards it looked...pretty janky, especially the animations
In my opinions, Uncharted 4 is pretty much undefeated at the moment when it comes to animations. For me, The Division is the only contender which has potentials to top UC4's animations. For the time being, UC4 is the best.

Angel_DvA

The visuals for this game are insane, best graphics I've seen for a long time iand I struggle to understand why the MP looks so average after seeing this, I know the 60FPS is the principal cause but after battlefront, I don't know why It can't achieved a 1080p or locked 60 on MP.

zsynqx

The visuals for this game are insane, best graphics I've seen for a long time iand I struggle to understand why the MP looks so average after seeing this, I know the 60FPS is the principal cause but after battlefront, I don't know why It can't achieved a 1080p or locked 60 on MP.

Look at the past uncharted MPs and TLOU one which were the same frame rate as the actual game. They look terrible compared to their SP's and is likely because the majority of the resources will be going into the campaign.

Corine

It's not just art style, I find Uncharted 4 to be better looking overall. Granted Star Citizen is doing more technically, but the more technically impressive game is not always the best looking. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds Uncharted 4 better looking, so I'd like to see how you argue with opinions.

What you're describing is art style. You even say Star Citizen uses more advanced graphics tech. If we're not going to take tech into consideration then the newest Tex Murphy game blows them both out of the water with it's 2k videos and such. Sure it's not using tech close to those two, but it looks better.

Javin98

Banned
What you're describing is art style. You even say Star Citizen uses more advanced graphics tech. If we're not going to take tech into consideration then the newest Tex Murphy game blows them both out of the water with it's 2k videos and such. Sure it's not using tech close to those two, but it looks better.
LOL, I think I'm done explaining. I'm not sure you even read my post properly. I know what art style is and I think Uncharted 4 looks better overall. I don't know why some PC gamers have to tell others it's objectively wrong to think Uncharted 4 looks better than Star Citizen. I never stated it as a fact, it's my opinion and many others too. Just agree to disagree.

Ricky_R

I asked this in another thread, but how cool it would if there were some Mission Impossible type moments among the overall historical themed missions?

Auctopus

There is something seriously weird about the latest cutscenes we've seen. They sorta look like concept art and not in a good way.

Nadine and Sully both have this weird highlight around them in their acene together and the wide shot of them talking makes them stick out against the background so badly it looks like they're on a green screen set.

That transition into gameplay tho.

The transition from cutscene and gameplay is amazing on it's own. Naughty Dogs doing incredible work with U4.

Interactive cutscenes and seamless transitions to gameplay is going to be really great and immersive.

Time for media blackout now.

That same seamless transition to gameplay is also noticeable in VGA video when Nathan starts fighting Nadine. This should be the standard since The Order 1886.

Yeah, because no artistry and attention to detail is involved in making PC games. You just dump raw unedited stuff on to hardware that does it all for you.

All those lighting artists, character modellers, and engine tech guys that worked on console games before hand all of a sudden stopped being artisans as soon as they were hired by CIG.

yeah i agree with you.....that somehow C.I.G is brute forcing Star Citizen

I am so excited to see where the storyline takes us this time around. Not very many (any) other games I can say that about.

Ricky_R

Damn, I thought they'd show some gameplay. Got the feeling that the bit at the end was a transition to gameplay, where him and his brother were about to possibly pull some sort of heist.

Well, it was. They just ended the showing there. Just like they did with Nadine when they were about to fight.

Javin98

Banned
Damn, I thought they'd show some gameplay. Got the feeling that the bit at the end was a transition to gameplay, where him and his brother were about to possibly pull some sort of heist.
It probably was a transition to gameplay. In any case, I think it's best if ND doesn't show any new gameplay until release. We already got 30 minutes of gameplay footage, I don't think we need more. Now it's nice to just get short cutscenes IMO.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It looks so amazing I'm worried about the performance, if ND hit 30fps without dips I will be beyond impressed.

I can only imagine the dialog options following that Elena reveal

"See what had happen was..."
"Its not what it looks like bae"
"Alright I lied, ok? But this is the last time!"

I like how they're doing stuff like removing jackets and similar cloth-related animations which used to be done by cutting the camera back and forth to hide the transitions.

I try to but I really really don't care about Sam. He's probably the most boring character in the series (that opinion might change after playing the game, hopefully).
Nadine is great, though.

Javin98

Banned
It looks so amazing I'm worried about the performance, if ND hit 30fps without dips I will be beyond impressed.
The E3 demo was a rock solid 30FPS even with all the structures collapsing and flying all over the place. I wouldn't be worried about normal gameplay situations and cutscenes if the setpieces run well.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The level at E3 was a solid 30FPS so I would not worry really.

Damn yeah, I just checked it out and the game dropped one frame the entire level, that's damn impressive. If the whole game runs like that I'll be chuffed.

Top Bottom