• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a rundown of the info in P:TOM

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- First screens of GT5's night racing
- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors
- Up to 16 players online
- Indy cars and tracks will be included
- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing
- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)
- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather
- Night racing for all tracks

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SolidSnakex said:

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- HD uploads to YouTube
Wow, awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SolidSnakex said:

- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather

CLEAN PANTS.... I DONT HAVE.
GT5 is going to be the best GT ever.
(Until 6)

Sirolf

SolidSnakex said:

- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather

weather ? WEATHER ?????
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:

- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather

aw snap, I think I'm gonna need more infos on DAT.

BeeDog

Total regurgitation of what has been said before. Except for the two new night pics, nothing else except the Indy stuff is new; there's not a single new pic to actually show off/confirm the supposed additions.

Meh.

Goldrusher

Disappointing article.

99% of the info is old and there's not a single new screenshot, they even use screengrabs of the 7 month old E3 teaser.

BeeDog

A blast from the past (aka previous page or two):

bud said:
let me take a guess

gorgeous new screens = screens from that trailer shown in china. NAH
deep playtest = hands-on with the tt demo and tgs demo. HAR-HAR
tasty new details = headtracking confirmed. 950 cars. lambo's in! HAR-HAR
yamauchi interview = ''it is possible that gt5 will feature stuff that wasn't in gt4'' HAR-HAR?

I fucking love you bud. :lol

SolidSnakex said:

- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather

This is not just a wishlist made by that magazine right? =/

Now haters should stfu. Sadly, they'll still bitch about something
looolol no Porsche
>:|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Goldrusher said:
Disappointing article.

99% of the info is old and there's not a single new screenshot, they even use screengrabs of the 7 month old E3 teaser.
At least they confirmed lots of features.

BeeDog

Fersis said:
At least they confirmed lots of features.

They really haven't confirmed shit, seeing as there's no actual proof that they've witnessed it (e.g. new pics, or PROPER impressions). As it stands now, it's just regurgitated promises/up-in-the-air bullet points.

jett

D-Member
BeeDog said:
They really haven't confirmed shit, seeing as there's no actual proof that they've witnessed it (e.g. new pics, or PROPER impressions). As it stands now, it's just regurgitated promises/up-in-the-air bullet points.

meh

It also seems like they might've revealed the boxart, at least for the US. There's a poster but it's laid out like a boxart. It's a corner view of the SLS AMG with it's door open. It's similar to the LE version of the PSP box.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
It also seems like they might've revealed the boxart, at least for the US. There's a poster but it's laid out like a boxart. It's a corner view of the SLS AMG with it's door open. It's similar to the LE version of the PSP box.

This would be a bad-ass cover, I think.

Anyway, regarding the two night pics in this issue; I can't remember (nor find) that old trailer that showed a glimpse of night racing. Are these supposedly new pics taken from that trailer, or are they actually new?

The course in that Citroen trailer was London. The course in those pics are from Special Stage Route 5. The headlights actually work now also.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
The course in that Citroen trailer was London. The course in those pics are from Special Stage Route 5. The headlights actually work now also.

IF the pics are real/non-bullshots, that is. I honestly doubt they'll have working headlights in this game at ~60fps/~1080p.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I wonder if they will appear at CES to show off the 3d abilities of the PS3 with this game and Wipeout.

3D is a big topic there this year from what I read, so I would not be surprised to see it appear.

Also, that stuff from PTOM sounds good, but we need confirmations. Even without pictures, at least an official statement listing or confirming. Night racing and weather is a biggie though.

As are Indy cars. Open wheel racing is fantastic. I sure hope we get a handful of F1 cars as well.

AndyD

aka andydumi
BeeDog said:
IF the pics are real/non-bullshots, that is. I honestly doubt they'll have working headlights in this game at ~60fps/~1080p.

They have already shown the Subaru I think with its lights on in the Tokyo stage. Its daytime, but the headlights are on. People fawned over the correct refraction of the ligth beam through the lens.

alba

Little is the new Big
Fersis said:
CLEAN PANTS.... I DONT HAVE.
GT5 is going to be the best GT ever.
(Until 6)

Hug me bro! I can't wait... :D Brussels Motor Show is soon too, hopefully they unveil new things there :)

offshore

AndyD said:
I wonder if they will appear at CES to show off the 3d abilities of the PS3 with this game and Wipeout.

3D is a big topic there this year from what I read, so I would not be surprised to see it appear.

Sony's CES press conference is tomorrow at 4:15 PST...there might be something there. Although Sony aren't doing a main keynote like last year though when Kaz Hirai did some presenting, so who knows.

EDIT: Night racing for all tracks? ...awesome.

We could get something tonight in Famitsu. If that retailer was right about the release date then Famitsu could confirm it tonight along with having some other details.

Animal

Banned
So I'm guessing linking to magazine scans in an OPM article on a particular Gran Turismo fan site would get me banned ya?

Fersis

Animal said:
So I'm guessing linking to magazine scans in an OPM article on a particular Gran Turismo fan site would get me banned ya?
Thats a bingo!

Yeah, dont do it man.

well, pics of the front cover and the poster included are allowed though:

100_7229-1.jpeg

could the poster pic be the cover of gt5? the kaz was impressed by the gullwing and said it could become the car on gt5 cover, plus it's pretty similar in style to the psp iteration (without a shitty american car this time).

BeeDog

As I said, that would be a badass cover and I wouldn't say no to it. Doesn't the picture's dark colors fit with the thing that SSX highlighted a while ago (that big-ass looking box in a video, that people suspected was a Limited Edition?).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SolidSnakex said:

- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather
So good.

°°ToMmY°° said:
well, pics of the front cover and the poster included are allowed though:

100_7229-1.jpeg

could the poster pic be the cover of gt5? the kaz was impressed by the gullwing and said it could become the car on gt5 cover, plus it's pretty similar in style to the psp iteration (without a shitty american car this time).

Nice!!! This can indeed be the boxart since it's following GTPSP's style. I hope it is the final boxart! :D Infatc, I'm conifdent it is! :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I dunno, I think a cover with each type of racing car (NASCAR, Super GT, Rally, Super sports car, etc.) aligned in sexy positions would be better. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom