• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Thinking of going gold fellows

I just need to squeeze the trigger lol

L6Mt323.jpg

You get this outfit and AR-416 exclusively with the Gold Edition.

Raide

Pre-ordered the regular PC version...

Would anyone want to swap for the regular Xbox One version when it launches? I think my PC will run it fine but a few of my friends have said they want the Xbox One version, so I am thinking of migrating. :D

There is unlimited space in the stash for outfits, right? Considering the Gold Edition. Seems its only available on Amazon, unfortunately.

Any word on how much it'll be on PSN?

Random question, figured this is a good place to ask. So I know the game can be played alone, but can it be played without an internet connection?

Raide

Random question, figured this is a good place to ask. So I know the game can be played alone, but can it be played without an internet connection?

Based upon how the DZ works, I would say no. You can play is SP but the connection will always be there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who cares about some weapon that will be trash after playing an hour? lol

That and who cares about some textures for a suit that you'll probably change out of in two hours. lol

Absolute waste of cash for cosmetics.

Helznicht

Wouldn't that put people in the Dark Zone in a weird spot since some will play at 60 and others at 30?

Not a twitch game like a normal shooter. I think the advantage would be minimal.

Also remember guys, this could also be advanced lighting that was not in the Beta, meaning 30 may be the best you get and you can turn on some advanced global lighting to play at 20.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Not a twitch game like a normal shooter. I think the advantage would be minimal.

Also remember guys, this could also be advanced lighting that was not in the Beta, meaning 30 may be the best you get and you can turn on some advanced global lighting to play at 20.

Yeah. I am thinking this will be the case. Those expecting a 60fps switch are dreaming.

This will either be slightly higher, or slightly Lower FPS than what we saw in beta.

Likely lower.

Cleve

Wouldn't that put people in the Dark Zone in a weird spot since some will play at 60 and others at 30?

Given that they haven't specified the actual difference I doubt lighting alone could make the game leap from a slightly unsteady 30 to 60 unless they strip out other effects as well.

I think this is likely to be a unsteady 30 vs a very steady capped 30 with some breathing room.

Still, it's an excellent option to give console players a choice. I'm sure they'll have data collection for it too, so let's hope it sees use.

Kyoufu

So from this chat with one of the devs, we learn that the gold/high-end rarity for gear is not the best. There will be stronger tiers.

When asked about raids, he didn't want to spoil anything. That's a pretty big hint that there will be raids.

hydruxo

So from this chat with one of the devs, we learn that the gold/high-end rarity for gear is not the best. There will be stronger tiers.

When asked about raids, he didn't want to spoil anything. That's a pretty big hint that there will be raids.

Hmm that's interesting. Could just be a tier of loot from the Challenge missions.

Tecnniqe

Banned
People please. Not matter the "endgame" BiS will be from PvE and Dark Zone. There will be some sort of cooperative play in the end for PvE either way.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I bought the expensive bundle-thing version from PSN... is that what they're calling the gold version? I cannot keep track of all this stuff. And I need to put some code in uplay for some outfits. Can't remember my login. Annoying.

Do I actually have to do that code or is it all just in the bundle already?

I need a faq or something.

RdN

People please. Not matter the "endgame" BiS will be from PvE and Dark Zone. There will be some sort of cooperative play in the end for PvE either way.

Do you have a source for that?

Because the reason people are worried is because Ubisoft haven't said a single word about that.

Mindlog

Leaning towards Gold.
Fak, Amazon doesn't do PSN Digital for this. A $20 premium for Digital is a bit rough, but discs suck. Plenty of time to decide.

MrBlonde

Pre ordering Xbox digital soon, I just can't decide on regular or gold? I never buy season passes other then COD and not knowing exactly what will be with this season pass is making me lean towards the regular for now. Doesn't look like there is much else with the gold edition but correct me if I'm wrong please.

I've gone for the gold edition £59.99 from Amazon UK. Don't really buy season passes or versions of games like this so it's a first for me. Roll on March 8th.

L6Mt323.jpg

You get this outfit and AR-416 exclusively with the Gold Edition.

One strap back packs are against regs when in uniform. I've gotten the living fuck smoked out of me for making that mistake. What's worse it was the recruiter who gave me a one strap go army back pack for joining. :/ fucker.

Bruno

For anyone that wants the digital gold edition on PC for $67.50 (cheaper than Amazon and you can play at midnight instead of waiting for a delivery)

1. Create an account at https://uk.gamesplanet.com (30% discount)
2. Link your steam account in the social media logins page
3. Join the following group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/foruncut
4. Click the link that says "5% Gamesplanet" after joining (additional 5% discount)
5. Done!

The game is not region locked and it's a uPlay code same as everywhere else outside of steam.

Can I buy from outside of Europe at Gamesplanet?

Yes, you can order our products from wherever you are in the world. The Internet has no borders for Games(planet).
If you want to know if a game has any region restrictions, you can find that out in the box with the orange border on the game's page. If there is no box, there are no restrictions. But feel free to ask us anyway - we can confirm region restrictions for each game at our website.

SJRB

Gold Member
One strap back packs are against regs when in uniform. I've gotten the living fuck smoked out of me for making that mistake. What's worse it was the recruiter who gave me a one strap go army back pack for joining. :/ fucker.

When you're an agent of the Division, anything goes.

But yeah, it's interesting to see the focus on one-strap backpacks. In fact, ALL backpacks are one-straps.

Caode

I just went for the gold edition in the end up. It's a fairly reasonable price if you're buying it physical through Amazon, £18 or so for the Season Pass on top of the full game. I was always planning on going digital for this since I know I'll put a lot of hours in to it but when you compare the price of digital vs retail w/season pass... can't pass up going physical. Noticed the tie in book too so went ahead and ordered that, want a bit more insight into that world.

Bruno

I just went for the gold edition in the end up. It's a fairly reasonable price if you're buying it physical through Amazon, £18 or so for the Season Pass on top of the full game. I was always planning on going digital for this since I know I'll put a lot of hours in to it but when you compare the price of digital vs retail w/season pass... can't pass up going physical. Noticed the tie in book too so went ahead and ordered that, want a bit more insight into that world.

the gold digital version is available for £46.54 - check a few posts above yours

spannicus

Amazons vids are totally outdated for this game, they still have the tablet companion video up. Someones gonna see those vids and be like hmmmm.

Zom

Banned
Daaamn your gold editions are pricey, doing the money exchange, I can buy one at exactly 60 bucks.

EDIT: I just saw the gameplanet deal, tempting but steam is to powerful for not to buy it there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom