• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trucy and Ema confirmed for Ace Attorney 6

Wanderer5

All the waifus in one game.:p

Trucy.<3 Sucks for Phoenix who goes to see what is wrong with Maya, and then his daughter gets arrested.

FluxWaveZ

Trucy.<3 Sucks for Phoenix who goes to see what is wrong with Maya, and then his daughter gets arrested.

Wonder how Wright would react to that.

This is a good reason for Apollo and Athena's nervousness instead of "can we do this thing without Wright?" Instead of it just being about doing the Wright Agency proud, it's about defending Wright's daughter. Stakes are way higher.

First images of the actual article appeared already. Ema looks so much happier on her new artwork. :)

She... does. Damn, I hope she still has some of that bitter personality. Then again, it would do a lot for an actual character arc if she's kind of back to her happy self after reality crashed hard on her in AA4.

Edit: Oh wow, and Ema has this animation back:
ema-nudge.gif

Kinda feel happy for her, heh.

Edit 2: Also, translations from the article has her quote as:
The day I can openly use my scientific investigation goods has finally arrived!
With her armband with an abbreviation for "Forensic Investigation."

It indeed seems like she achieved her dream.

Flying get info:
  • Trucy is the defendant in case 2.
  • Trucy's magic act plays a major role in the big show.
  • Ema Skye is back as an investigator using forensics.
  • Forensics mechanics are back, including fingerprint analysis and 3D rotation of evidence for examination. Multi-angle videos will be used to see inconsistencies using multiple view points.

You know, being a defendant feels like a rite of passage for every main character in the series lol.

Elfteiroh

As much as I want Gumshoe to come back, he probably can't afford paying to keep working with the police, and I really don't want to see him as a NEET or homeless guy... Unless they make him into a Noodle shop cook or something ( he must have a lot of experience with ramen. :p

VegiHam

So Trucy is a sucessful magician and Ema has made progress in her career? Cool!

Honestly if bringing back old characters means they get more development and aren't exactly the same as last time we saw them; I'm cool with it.

NotLiquid

You know, being a defendant feels like a rite of passage for every main character in the series lol.

Honestly now that I think about it; making her a defendant in a case is a good thing that I'm not sure why the games haven't done sooner.

The thing that connected me to just about every other one of the sidekicks is that at some point when you defend them you learn a lot more about their character and depths. Trucy had her quirks but what bothered me was that she, along with Phoenix, pretty much carried the entire plot for Apollo and there was never any reason to feel bad for her other than the game vaguely telling us to do so in AA4. The game put her in a bad situation in AA5 but it wasn't as hard to feel connected since we barely hung out with her in that game and she wasn't really the main focus of the trial (it tried to go for something similar to Maya in AA2 but unlike that game we weren't put into her shoes).

She was always on the lowest end of sidekick spectrum for me for that reason. Maybe this will finally make me care a little more about her since there's a real reason for her to be there.

Moonlight

Banned
We'll see Gumshoe's honeymoon photo with Maggey, don't worry about it.

but for real FUCK YEAH EMA SKYE. So glad that she's back as she deserves to be.

Thoraxes

We'll see Gumshoe's honeymoon photo with Maggey, don't worry about it.

but for real FUCK YEAH EMA SKYE. So glad that she's back as she deserves to be.

Came to post this, haha.

I'm still holding out for Gumshoe and Maggey being blamed for murdering someone either during their wedding or honeymoon, and we have to defend them.

Make it a DLC case or something, idk. I just want it.

I, too, miss having my player character assaulted by a spoiled brat of a prosecutor who is somehow never held in contempt of court. Please, Capcom, bring Franziska back.

/s

• Ema Skye is back as an investigator using forensics.
  • Forensics mechanics are back, including fingerprint analysis and 3D rotation of evidence for examination. Multi-angle videos will be used to see inconsistencies using multiple view points.

Holy crap

Could we finally after all these years have a case as good as Rise from the Ashes?

All the Ace Attorney partner girls in one game. Amazing.

Just bring back Gumshoe, Franziska, and Larry Butz and we got the best AA game right here.

You know, this makes me wonder if Apollo's side of things will involve some actual damned followup for the stuff from his own game.

FluxWaveZ

Yes Im aware of some sort of fan translation but I doubt it's very good or even complete.

1000% wrong and, frankly, pretty insulting to the team that worked on it. The fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (not the YouTube subs, but the actual ROM) is fantastic and easily rivals Capcom's official AA localizations, minus the typos.

It was made by a talented team with a lot of love for the series, effort and dedication, and it shows. It's also complete; anyone who actually cares has experienced AAI2 in its entirety through it.

I wouldn't know because Capcom didn't fucking bring it outside of Japan.

Yes Im aware of some sort of fan translation but I doubt it's very good or even complete.

The fan translation is stellar. There's nothing about it to suggest that it wasn't written by an official translation team. I'm saying this as someone who typically can't stand fan creations.

It's complete too. Go play it!

1000% wrong and, frankly, pretty insulting to the team that worked on it. The fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (not the YouTube subs, but the actual ROM) is fantastic and easily rivals Capcom's official AA localizations, minus the typos.

It was made by a talented team with a lot of love for the series, effort and dedication, and it shows. It's also complete; anyone who actually cares has experienced AAI2 in its entirety through it.

The fan translation is stellar. There's nothing about it to suggest that it wasn't written by an official translation team. I'm saying this as someone who typically can't stand fan creations.

It's complete too. Go play it!

Well shit, if it's actually as good as the official localizations then I guess I'll give it a look.

NotLiquid

In AA5 the only alt costume I used throughout the game was Apollo's.

Looks like the only alt costume I'll be using throughout this game is Nick's.

FluxWaveZ

Full scans are out. Not that much more from what's been shown already; some anime cutscene shots of Trucy at her show and after she murdered a dude.

Something still disconcerting about happy Ema. Maybe she'll fuck up during the first investigation and get her license revoked.

FluxWaveZ

There's also the first footage of Trucy in AA6.

erX3hvz.gif
UfDvQJh.gif

Everyone's so happy. Jesus is in the game singing at the witness bench and even the prosecutor's all calm and serene. At least Phoenix's promo face is angry. And that spirit girl doesn't smile much.

Who's gonna bring the aggro.

gotta say that Trucy def has aged. Ema is mainly the same.

I'll have to compare her AA5 and AA6 models; wonder if they changed anything to her like they did to Phoenix.

Aters

Oh yeah. The panty girl. I remember that case.
Good to see her back.

Only played the first and forth of the series, really enjoyed them. It seems now is a good time to go back to it.

Top Bottom