• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked this bad boy up over the weekend. Bought it off a friend and I'm loving every second of it. Moto Guzzi 2000 Jackal:

motoguzzi.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
haul416_1.jpg

Kicking myself for not getting a rain check for Metroid Prime Trilogy when it was on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy earlier in the year. The abnormal amount of hysteria about it being out of print months after release (as though that's odd for a videogame or something) looks to have set the prices pretty much at or above retail for the forseeable future, so I figure I'd better go ahead and get before it inflates further.

On the plus side, the other stuff was pretty cheap. The Xbox games were $5 each thanks to the B1G1 at blockbuster, RE Degeneration and Gunbuster I found used for $8 and $13 respectively, and Claymore was a birthday gift.

haul416_2.jpg

Isaac in the dark. The light-up visor and spine totally make this figure, rad stuff.

haul416_3.jpg

Today the postman brought this shirt.woot shirt I ordered. Nice!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been trying to bum food off of my Uncle and Aunt's newly opened restaurant/takeout. Freebies and 30% discount is better than nothing.

Sample and probably my favorite of all their stuff.
aovmt.jpg

McFlame

A few of the things that have arrived for me this week.

Otacool book and Solanin Manga
t5hjqr.jpg

New Asian Kung-fu Generation single 'Solanin'
148hj0o.jpg

Supernatural Season 3 & 4 Blu-ray
2rem5x3.jpg

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World poster
2evt829.jpg

Also bought Beat Hazard on Steam, I swear that game is going to give me a fit soon.

FOOTE

Damn you Disney for making me feel left out.. Now I have to double dip on Dumbo when it is released in the U.S..

Pictures006-8.jpg

Pictures008-4.jpg

Pictures007-4.jpg

Pictures004-16.jpg

mehdi_san

McFlame said:
A few of the things that have arrived for me this week.

Otacool book and Solanin Manga
http://i41.tinypic.com/t5hjqr.jpg[IMG]
New Asian Kung-fu Generation single 'Solanin'
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/148hj0o.jpg
Supernatural Season 3 & 4 Blu-ray
http://i39.tinypic.com/2rem5x3.jpg[IMG]
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World poster
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2evt829.jpg[IMG]

Also bought Beat Hazard on Steam, I swear that game is going to give me a fit soon.[/QUOTE]

How's AKG's cd? Nice avatar by the way ^^

Shig said:
On the plus side, the other stuff was pretty cheap. The Xbox games were $5 each thanks to the B1G1 at blockbuster, RE Degeneration and Gunbuster I found used for $8 and $13 respectively, and Claymore was a birthday gift.
Where did you manage to find Degeneration for $8?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Amerowolf said:
Where did you manage to find Degeneration for $8?
CD Warehouse.

You picked the wrong deal to be amazed by, though. That Gunbuster disc normally goes for like forty bucks.

ngower

4527912233_4cd0fc5d0b_b.jpg

Purchases:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Skeletons (Record Store Day Release)*
Tegan and Sara - Saints:Live (Record Store Day Release)**
Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me (Only vinyl I was missing from her discography, couldn't afford it when I went to her show last month)
Jesus and Mary Chain - Darklands
Ray Ban Wayfarers (returning for polarized soon, replacing my pair that was stolen by an ex)

The records were 20% off and the CD was 30% off per Newbury Comics sales!

*Apparently limited to 500 copies, according to their website.
**CD was limited to 2000 copies, not sure how many are on this one

Freebies:

Newbury Comics and Led Zeppelin stickers
Year long subscription to Death and Taxes
Random Russell Brand shirt that features a wolf coming from his groin...awesome!
Pretty sturdy George Harrison poster
Priority and Astralwerks samplers
Spilled morning coffee on my rug:D

[EDIT]

Forgot one...

4528598790_ef00e1e45a_b.jpg

D-Pad

2saytcl.jpg

That's Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Kept it from Gamefly for ~$15 (two $5.00 coupons and 10% off). A steal. Got the case in the mail today.

And, yes, my webcam is a jerk and likes to mirror everything it sees.

ngower

Went back to the record store and picked up the Record Store Day reissue of Evol on pink vinyl, limited to 1500 copies. Won't be opening it as I already own and love Evol, but will be holding on to it as a collector's item. I've already seen a few nearing $100 on ebay.

4528452287_545e8ed158_o.jpg

McFlame

mehdi_san said:
How's AKG's cd? Nice avatar by the way ^^

The main track 'Solanin' is pretty darn good, they did a good job turning lyrics from the manga into a song. The second track, which is a remix of an earlier song 'Mustang' is pretty much a studio version of what they played live for their 6th dvd.

dani_dc

Picked quite a bit this month :D

P4160285.jpg

Sonic case was a present from my sister.
P4160289.jpg

Couple pickups for PS2:
P4170296.jpg
P4180320.jpg

Been wanting one of this controlers for years, saw it for 12 euros and couldn't restist (first time I find it for cheaper than 40-50 euros), this will be a nice help for me to tackle some of my PS2 backlog, decided to pick Naruto alongside with it since it was cheap and I figure it will be a fun multiplayer game.

Couple for the Wii:
P4180298-1.jpg

Blast Works and Murasama have awesome covers, I would go as far as saying that Blast Works is worth buying for it's cover alone.

And finally, my favourite pickup of the month:
P4180301.jpg

:D
Easily my most wanted DS game of the year, finally got here early this week, I'm ridiculously happy for finally having it :D

ten13

Upgraded from integrated graphics. It's not a beast, but I'm following a tight entertainment budget and it runs Valve games and Mass Effect well at my native res (1680x1050). Not too shabby with the Just Cause 2 demo, either.

April1.jpg

Amazon downloads. Love the Disappears album, Them Crooked Vultures is growing on me.

Lux.jpg
Them.jpg

LiK

oh man, i have returned after a month. here are all my pick-ups during my absence. i am BACK! :D

GAMES:
got both Micros brand new and sealed. it. the FFIV bundle was a good find. ^.^
micro-boxes.jpg

micro-on.jpg

NMH-ps3.jpg

DOA.jpg

games-1.jpg

games.jpg

SCC.jpg

MOVIES:
blurays.jpg

wii-netflix.jpg

RANDOM:
sos-tshirt.jpg

paxswag.jpg

PA-figure.jpg

layton-gasha.jpg

KR.jpg

headphone-cammy.jpg

New shoes YAY

SDC11320.jpg

I also bought Valkyria Chronicles Selvaria DLC (it's on sale buy it now!) and Vagrant Story.

I have a couple of games on the way from the UK so I'm anticipating major delays so I guess they'll see the May pickup thread :lol
:(

The blockbuster B1G1 sale has been good to me. Both for a few games to keep and a LOT of games to flip. I think I've bought every copy of Beatles Rock Band, Lego Rock Band DS, and every other 100% profit game to flip to gamestop/TRU. Shit like these:
CIMG0201.jpg

Turns into the following, at double their original purchased value! yay!

CIMG0206-1.jpg

CIMG0205-1.jpg

Velvet Assassin, Burnout, Bully, and PGR were $5 each with B1G1, Hawx and Dissidia were $7.50, and Stuntman was $3.50.
These were $10 each, but also B1G1 free!
CIMG0209-2.jpg

These are down to $10 now at gamestop as well
CIMG0210-2.jpg

And I like how my DSi looks and feels better with this on.
CIMG0207-1.jpg

Guess where your used product from gamestop.com comes from?
CIMG0203-1.jpg

In case you can't read, that says "defective, return to warehouse" underneath another sticker. I ordered it as part of a big order since they have a coupon glitch going on which gets you 40% off your whole order. That meant Beautiful Katamari for $25 and Heavy Rain new for $40. Nice.

In case you didn't know, Gamestop refurbishes games that aren't working, restores them, and sends them to retailers to sell as used. So, hopefully you didn't receive a broken game, though I can understand being thrown off by the sticker.

WEGGLES

The Wu Tang Manual

The Tao of Wu

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang

Wu Tang Fever!:lol

33 1/3 - Paul's Boutique

Beastie Boys - Record Store day Super Surprise

Phoenix - Fences Record Store Day Pink Vinyl edition

Andrew W.K. - Close Calls with Brick Walls & Mother of Mankind

MGMT - Siberian Breaks Record Store Day Blue Marble vinyl

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica Record Store day reissue (PM me for free download code)

New Pre-Amp

Surfer Blood - Astrocoast

:D

Alucrid

Banned
WEGGLES said:

Fuck man. Today was my brother's birthday and I never got to head to a store for Record Day. Totally would've picked up MGMT, Phoenix, Modest Mouse and probably The Album Leaf. :(

WEGGLES

Alucrid said:
Fuck man. Today was my brother's birthday and I never got to head to a store for Record Day. Totally would've picked up MGMT, Phoenix, Modest Mouse and probably The Album Leaf. :(
Don't worry!

Everything is on ebay by now (for like 5x more than the sticker price)

Fuck I hate everyone. Grabbin every thing you can to ebay it for profit is not the reason for Record store day >:[

Alucrid

Banned
WEGGLES said:
Don't worry!

Fuck I hate everyone. Grabbin every thing you can to ebay it for profit is not the reason for Record store day >:[

Out of curiosity, what did you pay for MGMT? If I do end up getting it online I don't want to spend thaat much more than what it cost.

Eh, I'm fairly satisfied right now since I picked up DatA's Rapture on vinyl for cheap.

ngower

WEGGLES said:
Don't worry!

14 year olds listening to limited edition vinyl pressings on their awful Target turntable is also a con of Record Store Day.

I honestly want to listen to the YYY's 7" I bought, but $5 turning into $100 is an amazing prospect and the Evol pink vinyl is calling my name, but I am going to hold on to it until for a while. I've already got one Thurston record that's limited to 200 copies and I really don't do record collecting, but there's some things that just can't get passed up.

WEGGLES

Alucrid said:
Out of curiosity, what did you pay for MGMT? If I do end up getting it online I don't want to spend thaat much more than what it cost.
MGMT - 10.88
Phoenix - 6.99
Beastie Boys - 8.85

WEGGLES

ngower said:
14 year olds listening to limited edition vinyl pressings on their awful Target turntable is also a con of Record Store Day.

I honestly want to listen to the YYY's 7" I bought, but $5 turning into $100 is an amazing prospect and the Evol pink vinyl is calling my name, but I am going to hold on to it until for a while. I've already got one Thurston record that's limited to 200 copies and I really don't do record collecting, but there's some things that just can't get passed up.
I'd rather 15 year olds playing rare records on a shitty ION Usb turntable than some schmuck nabbin them all for profit.

Alucrid

Banned
WEGGLES said:
MGMT - 10.88
Phoenix - 6.99
Beastie Boys - 8.85

...man. Shit. He had to be born on record day didn't he. :\ Thanks for the info, hopefully if I decide to pick them up I won't get bent over.

WEGGLES

Alucrid said:
...man. Shit. He had to be born on record day didn't he. :\ Thanks for the info, hopefully if I decide to pick them up I won't get bent over.
Look up participating stores on

http://www.recordstoreday.com

And find one in a smaller town.

The store I went to had a ton of stuff left over last Record Store Day. I even managed to get a Beck/Sonic Youth split a week after the fact :)

ngower

WEGGLES said:
I'd rather 15 year olds playing rare records on a shitty ION Usb turntable than some schmuck nabbin them all for profit.

My store only had one copy of Evol and allowed only one purchase of each title.

I definitely wanna tear open Evol and Skeletons, but given their value, I'm holding off. That's a semester of school books!

For the record (LOL PUNS!) I did spin the Tegan and Sara RSD 7" I bought, and did grab some records on sale for my listening enjoyment...

I feel dirty, but turning $20 to $100 instantly is pretty incredible, can only imagine how it'll look in a few years.

Alucrid

Banned
WEGGLES said:
Look up participating stores on

http://www.recordstoreday.com

And find one in a smaller town.

The store I went to had a ton of stuff left over last Record Store Day. I even managed to get a Beck/Sonic Youth split a week after the fact :)

Good idea. I might call them up and see if they have anything left and head over there if they do.

Akim

Banned
Got a couple of records today for record store day.

Beach House - Zebra

2dvrkuh.jpg

And this one took me 4 different record stores to get Tegan and Sara:

1z35kc9.jpg

toasty_T said:
New shoes YAY

SDC11320.jpg

I also bought Valkyria Chronicles Selvaria DLC (it's on sale buy it now!) and Vagrant Story.

I have a couple of games on the way from the UK so I'm anticipating major delays so I guess they'll see the May pickup thread :lol
:(

what are the name of these shoes?

2lnfxts.jpg

(Sorry, iPhone camera :lol)

- Toy Story 2 and Wall-E Blu-rays. Got as part of that "2 for £12" thing Amazon. Thanks, fellow Euro Cheap Ass GAFers! :D

- Yakuza 3. Yeah, I butchered the custom cover printout a bit. Anyone know the exact dimensions for Blu-ray cover printouts? Google brings up so many different answers...

- Sakura Wars. Only part-way into Chapter 5 (got it last Saturday. Yeah, I'm a tortoise.) but loving it! Super-cheesy classic anime plot with the grind replaced by a visual novel? Yes please!

- Clannad Memorial art book. Big fan of Clannad, and I figured I'd buy something a bit different. Plus, the pictures are pretty :D

I have that phone for work and I absolutely hate it. Maybe it's just because they locked it down so much, but I just hate the interface in comparison to my Touch Pro 2 or an Android phone.

ChRoNiTe

Thanks to the folks in the "I need a new PC" thread I ordered some stuff to make a new system.

bi6snc.jpg

14trmki.jpg

5yaf7s.jpg

And after some tinkering around....

23iwbqt.jpg

169f239.jpg

There has also been some good deals on 360 games that I couldn't pass up...

501qtx.jpg

SmZA

15ib98m.jpg

The Soundtrack CD is actually a CD-ROM with a bunch of WAV files on it. I guess it's one of the faulty ones?

WEGGLES

Paulathon said:
15ib98m.jpg

The Soundtrack CD is actually a CD-ROM with a bunch of WAV files on it. I guess it's one of the faulty ones?
WAV is still lossless so you can easily convert it to what ever format you'd like with out quality loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom