• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80 killed in Nice, France terrorist attack: truck into crowd, gunfire,"Stay indoors"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square2015

*sigh*
DO NOT POST random picture found on imgur about serious incident like, THANKS!
If you can't find any reliable source, just do not post then.
This not respectful at all.

Edit: I dislike polling like this because I doubt they would've phone all the citizen of France to have the accurante numbers.
But here a more "reliable" source at least http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/so...ave done this roundabout way if not on iPad).

Mael

I know it is not a popular opinion in these parts but it is beyond time for the western world to close its borders, get our military out of the Middle East and let them sort it out.

It may not stop today, or next year or this decade but in a generation or two? There is a possibility.

Otherwise we are just continuing on the same path and hoping for change. Insanity.
You're talking about the internet, right?
Because that's the biggest vector for these attacks.

It's not random lol I uploaded that image to imgur just a few minutes ago from the GAF post last night. If I had found that OP sooner (a few posts up now) I would have posted it instead. (I wouldn't have done this roundabout way if not on iPad).
It's still irrelevant outdated info from 10 years ago.
Most of the people interviewed at the time are probably not considered part of the youth to begin with.

-TK-

Fuck Allah, fuck islam... always the same old joke. The only good thing about this, that the world has one muslim less.

I know it is not a popular opinion in these parts but it is beyond time for the western world to close its borders, get our military out of the Middle East and let them sort it out.

It may not stop today, or next year or this decade but in a generation or two? There is a possibility.

Otherwise we are just continuing on the same path and hoping for change. Insanity.

We would have to set up a perimeter around ISIS because if we just left they'd just take over more territory, recruiting more members.

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck Allah, fuck islam... always the same old joke. The only good thing about this, that the world has one muslim less.
giphy.gif

Enjoy your ban.

Yes, I didn't feel that way until two of my friends were murdered by a crazed Muslim because they were gay here in Orlando. We should not allow social progress to work backward in order to accommodate these people. If some Muslims want to live according to their own laws and not have to deal with gender equality and lgbt rights then maybe they should feel free to move to any of the 50 Muslim-majority countries in the world.

If you don't want to live in the 21st century, then by all means, don't.

Mael

Yes, I didn't feel that way until two of my friends were murdered by a crazed Muslim because they were gay here in Orlando. We should not allow social progress to work backward in order to accommodate these people. If some Muslims want to live according to their own laws and not have to deal with gender equality and lgbt rights then maybe they should feel free to move to any of the 50 Muslim-majority countries in the world.

If you don't want to live in the 21st century, then by all means, don't.

If we're about to throw muslims out of the countries because they don't want to live in the XXIst century, can we also get rid of the Christian fundamentalists too?

Clockwork5

Then you're proposing a bandaid to a head wound.
Does the Internet have a part in the radicalization of western Muslims? Surely. Are we able to do anything about that? I'm not sure, if you have suggestions I would be interested in hearing them.

However. If we allow generation after generation of already radicalized Muslims into our backyard you could shut down the Internet and it won't matter. It only takes one.

Give those that are already here (the majority of which are peaceful, productive members of society) an opportunity to integrate over the course of generations and their children will see the hate and violence for what it is.

WinterX

Banned
Well, I know many muslim people and I have to say one thing I've noticed. There never condemned any attack. I remember when I spoke to Morocco guy who said to me that WTC attack was right because they are fighting for their religion's freedom.

I won't change my mind, I still think they should leave Europe. All of them. They won't adapt, they think they can do whatever they want but hey - no hijab, no burka, etc. THIS IS OUR LAND AND YOU SHOULD ADAPT, NOT US!

WinterX

Banned
If we're about to throw muslims out of the countries because they don't want to live in the XXIst century, can we also get rid of the Christian fundamentalists too?
Did they harm anyone? I meant the Christians? I come from a very religious country but no one ever killed someone other for having different religion or views.

Clockwork5

You may not like their political stances but they don't drive trucks into people, blow up planes or topple skyscrapers.

I greatly dislike Christian fundamentalists but they are not responsible for pervasive violence (not today anyway, they certainly have been historically) the way that Islam is.

Mael

Does the Internet have a pert in the radicalization of western Muslims? Surely. Are we able to do anything about that? I'm not sure, if you have suggestions I would be interested in hearing them.

We can start by not allowing them to post shit on twitter and youtube to begin with.

However. If we allow generation after generation of already radicalized Muslims into our backyard you could shut down the Internet and it won't matter. It only takes one.

Give those that are already here (the majority of which are peaceful, productive members of society) an opportunity to integrate over the course of generations and their children will see the hate and violence for what it is.

That guy wasn't radicalized when he came in france and most of the attackers usually aren't syrian refuges as well.
Your solution solves nothing and create other problems.
Might as well propose to nuke Gaza.

gdt

Well, I know many muslim people and I have to say one thing I've noticed. There never condemned any attack. I remember when I spoke to Morocco guy who said to me that WTC attack was right because they are fighting for their religion's freedom.

I won't change my mind, I still think they should leave Europe. All of them. They won't adapt, they think they can do whatever they want but hey - no hijab, no burka, etc. THIS IS OUR LAND AND YOU SHOULD ADAPT, NOT US!

Did they harm anyone? I meant the Christians? I come from a very religious country but no one ever killed someone other for having different religion or views.

Pfff poor thing. If your parents or your siblings ever die from a bomb attack would you be so clever?

Fortunately, the right is taking back control in Europe. Wait till next year.

What in the flying fuck

devilhawk

Then you realize that one Islamic terrorist murdered as many children last night as all of the anti-abortion murders combined in the US. The Christian fundamentalists are awful but we can't pretend that they are the same. It's just the not true.

I greatly dislike Christian fundamentalists but they are not responsible for pervasive violence (not today anyway, they certainly have been historically) the way that Islam is.
Even as an atheist, I can see that equating the two is laughable.

Exactly.

Lets see someone go to Saudi Arabia and promote liberal Western values. They would probably be publicly beheaded with a large sword like they already do to gays, apostates and "sorcerers." Watch out Harry Potter!

Palmer_v1

How crowded was the area? Would this be the equivalent of driving a truck onto Fremont street in Vegas on a Friday night?

Just trying to fathom how one vehicle could cause so much carnage.

Clockwork5

We can start by not allowing them to post shit on twitter and youtube to begin with.

That guy wasn't radicalized when he came in france and most of the attackers usually aren't syrian refuges as well.

How do you propose we scrub the Internet of hate? Banning people from Twitter and YouTube? That is quite naive.

What problems would it create to restrict immigration from certain countries? How is that even close to "nuking Gaza"? Also you seem to be missing the point, I am not saying these are Syrian refugees. They are immigrants and the children of immigrants. They are not the great great grandchildren of immigrants.

With time, people integrate into the culture in which they live. Let this happen. That is all I am proposing.

Wait... What?! Just google it. Christians are doing very well in "how many innocents we can kill" competition.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Not saying that we should, because we'd also be condemning 10000:1 innocent Muslims but:
Doesn't take care of:
It only takes one.

One person killed 84+ people yesterday.

I just hope it doesn't happen again, however ignorant that sounds.

I have no suggested solution. Sealing the borders to Muslims seems like the only immediately effective, yet extremely bigoted/racist/xenophobic/dispassionate solution. I would never support it, yet there's logic behind it.

I'm stuck.

Haines

Banned
I'm Muslim AND I'm im Canada.

What's your point?

Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. Poor form.

I never said Muslim once. I said crazy people.

Crazy people are all different colors and right now Canada has been pretty good. Won't be long and the crazies will be here as well tho.

RangerX

Banned

Wow this post is actually repugnant. Muslims are suffering most at the hands of these monsters. While military action is one of the factors that created this problem we can't let the vast majority of innocent compassionate Muslims down. We should give them the help they need to defeat this ideology. Have we actually seen any official confirmation that Islamism was the motivation for this? I haven't seen any.

cilonen

How crowded was the area? Would this be the equivalent of driving a truck onto Fremont street in Vegas on a Friday night?

Just trying to fathom how one vehicle could cause so much carnage.

It's the main seafront promenade where thousands of people had gathered for a firework display on France's national holiday.

sirap

What the hell?

I know many muslims (hey, I'm one of them!) and every single one of them has condemn these attacks. Most of us just want to live our lives in peace, and yet we find ourselves constantly getting blamed and having to defend ourselves from people like you.

Clockwork5

Wow this post is actually repugnant. Muslims are suffering most at the hands of these monsters. While military action is one of the factors that created this problem we can't let the vast majority of innocent compassionate Muslims down. We should give them the help they need to defeat this ideology. Have we actually seen any official confirmation that Islamism was the motivation for this? I haven't seen any.

History has shown, the more the West intervenes the worse it gets.

2MF

Local authorities report that the road will re-opened in about 2 hours.
Despite being a highly important and dense avenue, isn't it a bit too soon? the trauma is still too strong.

It's never too soon to show you're not shutting down because of terrorism. As long as the street looks decent, open it up.

What's so repugnant about it? Closing our borders is a bit extreme but restricting immigration and taking a more active approach towards integration should be basic guidelines for any country that wants to walk the path of multiculturalism.

Yeoman

Horrible, RIP to the victims and my thoughts go out to their families.

All of them? All of them won't adapt? What an interesting position...
Sometimes I wonder if many of you guys are even thinking before you make posts like these.

WinterX

Banned
What the hell?

I know many muslims (hey, I'm one of them!) and every single one of them has condemn these attacks. Most of us just want to live our lives in peace, and yet we find ourselves constantly getting blamed and having to defend ourselves from people like you.
Poor thing, all of you always condemn it but no one has ever heard about it from you. Words are not enough my friend, what you DO matters. And you have done nothing. All you do is flooding Europe with people who only use benefits. Want some statistics? I can provide them.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Poor thing, all of you always condemn it but no one has ever heard about it from you. Words are not enough my friend, what you DO matters. And you have done nothing. All you do is flooding Europe with people who only use benefits. Want some statistics? I can provide them.

You shouldn't make claims like that without statistics and sources. Obviously.

Jonm1010

Banned
Horrible, RIP to the victims and my thoughts go out to their families.

All of them? All of them won't adapt? What an interesting position...
Sometimes I wonder if many of you guys are even thinking before you make posts like these.
They are, they are thinking and drawing on their ingrained bigotry.

Orayn

Here come the Storefront links

WinterX

Banned
You are an ignorant bigot. Shocking I know that people are appalled by seeing it.
Heh, only insults. You got no arguments. As always. This multiculti shit will never work but you still want to help whole world with peace and love by painting flowers on the ground. Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom