• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

catmario

My first act campaign reaction: Best battlefield campaign ever since bad company.

Indeed, They've learned from previous title. At least BF1 is much more better than BF3,4,Hardline.

Afro

Screenshots? :>

PC ULTRA SEXY

bhjdns9x.jpg
fftcs0k.jpg

Lucifon

Those pc screenshots are incredible. Game looks amazing on Xbox too, a significant improvement from the beta.

I still don't get how battle packs work. You need scrap to buy the cheapest one but how do you get scrap in the first place if it's from duplicates...?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Started the preload on the Xbox one even though my PC can max it.

The amount of cheaters on PC was just too much to deal with during the beta. I had a much more fun time on the console version.

Pastry

Banned
Those pc screenshots are incredible. Game looks amazing on Xbox too, a significant improvement from the beta.

I still don't get how battle packs work. You need scrap to buy the cheapest one but how do you get scrap in the first place if it's from duplicates...?

You randomly get battlepacks from playing the game, I think they're awarded at the end of the game. You can then scrap skins and use them to buy the other two special types of battlepacks.

Lucifon

You randomly get battlepacks from playing the game, I think they're awarded at the end of the game. You can then scrap skins and use them to buy the other two special types of battlepacks.
Oh really? Played 3 matches now and come pretty high up. Rank 6. But still not had any...

bombshell

Se_7_eN

Oh really? Played 3 matches now and come pretty high up. Rank 6. But still not had any...

Where are you located?

I am in Seattle (NA) and can't find any servers with people.

Also... Do we know if time spent at the menu counts as part of the 10 hours?

I intend to spend my entire 10 hours playing as a medic unlocking as much as I possibly can to ensure I have a solid class for day of release.

Lucifon

They seem to have removed attachments? I know it was present in the beta menu but inaccessible. Now you can just do some super basic customisation of the weapon and that's it.

I would imagine it's random but balanced such that your odds of getting one increase the longer you havent received one. So you have better chances of getting one if you've played 10 games without one versus 5 without one.
Hmm I see. Wonder if they'll add other methods to get them. Doesn't seem that satisfying currently. Just got one with a pistol in it that didn't look like anything special at all and that was it.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Trying to get caught up here: ya'll telling me if I have Origin Access I can download the game RIGHT THIS SECOND?

Lucifon

Game feels like a huge improvement over the beta at least on Xbox. Looks far better. The scale feels incredible. The sound is amazing too. Very very impressed, feel like that 10 hour limit might end up being painful. I thought it was out on Tuesday for some reason.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Um, yeah, this is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.

Playing on PC with a 970. I can't believe how insane it looks and it runs SO well on my outdated rig. Just played the first mission. Unreal. Amazing sound as well.

TheRed

Gonna wait for more people to get online to play more and hopefully get into a multiplayer match with people in it.
Single player is pretty cool so far, nothing mindblowing but it's been better than BF3 and BF4 so far to me.
I have an issue on PC though, it just seems like aliasing or sharpening or some kind of grain is going on that is making the game look pixely when I'm in motion. I don't remember noticing anything like it in the beta. Every setting is as high as it goes so idk what it is. It's like aliasing crawling along textures whenever I move, in screenshots it looks perfect but its noticable when moving around. Haven't seen anyone else mention it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Um, yeah, this is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.

Playing on PC with a 970. I can't believe how insane it looks and it runs SO well on my outdated rig. Just played the first mission. Unreal. Amazing sound as well.

970 isn't exactly outdated yet. Lol

It's the most used GPU on steam.

NIN90

What the fuck is going on with this new Origin client?

First it downloads a few MB of the game and then it gets stuck at "Calculating" forever. Won't let me close the client either, not even through freaking task manager. Had to restart my PC.
I even reinstalled the client from scratch but no dice.

Never had this kind of trouble with previous iterations of the client.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
970 isn't exactly outdated yet. Lol

It's the most used GPU on steam.

haha well it feels outdated to me!! but that's actually good to know because I was feeling like I already needed an upgrade and I just got this 970 when The Division came out.

my CPU is old as fuck though, i5-3570 lol! gotta upgrade ASAP.

I almost don't want to play right now because I'm gonna be beyond bummed when my time runs out on origin access.

Theorry

That play trial in the middle of the match is very annoying on XB1.
The menu's are still abit laggy. Not like the beta. But still.

Ok something is fucked with my download, it will go up to 25% then actually GO DOWN to 23% or lose how much data its downloaded. What the hell is going on. PC.

Starfield

Just played the
pigeon
part of Through Mud and Blood.

Holy hell!! what a breathtaking scene that was o_o

Ladies and Gentlemen, we finally got a good Battlefield campaign ahead of us.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is there any data that demonstrates which console has the better community? I find no one talks at all on PS4 and it makes this game far more challenging to enjoy.

IMACOMPUTA

Is there any data that demonstrates which console has the better community? I find no one talks at all on PS4 and it makes this game far more challenging to enjoy.
The answer is always playing with friends. Or finding gaffers to play with. I have a group of gaf friends that I play games like this with on PC.

It's not very hard to find some friends, just add your squad mate and play with them when they are online ;)

I find it way more enjoyable to play with the same people than with random all the time.

Thing to mention, that EA Access gives 10 hours free trial and then if you use those 10 hours and then order/buy the digital version you get another 10 hours before the game comes out. Once you buy it gets reset to 10 hours, so if you play 2 and then buy you only get 12 total. But play all 10 and then buy and you're golden.

I used that method on NHL 17 and a buddy did it with Madden and NHL. Honestly not sure if it is intentional or title specific but it might work.

Figure it might help some people out.

Top Bottom