• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Enclose

Just finished the Proglogue. Im so impressed how good this game looks and not a single issue i can complain about the technical point of view. Well played DICE!!

Theorry

Some people on XB1 can do some more pixel counting? It looks sharper and someone here said it looked like 900p after a count.

Edit: let me re upload!

Servers obviously not live, and I am not gonna waste my time on thr SP stuff.

But here's some screenshots I have taken:

Operations menu. The variety is excellent.

OIHKx8G.png

Puzzle pieces?

RnPTSS9.png

Contents of the first battlepacks

WoxXWiZ.png

PsJSeMo.png

w5Pf2Td.png

Duplicated can be sold for 30 warbonds.

Yoday

Some people on XB1 can do some more pixel counting? It looks sharper and someone here said it looked like 900p after a count.
I'm almost positive it is using dynamic resolution scaling. Mirrors Edge Catalyst got it patched in on XB1 a few days after launch, so we know DICE has started using it. It seems to get a little blurrier when there is a lot going on, like when the camera pans out after dying in the prologue. It could just be my imagination though.

I am temporarily on an old PC with a 2700k and a GTX 680 and the first campaign mission is running at an almost locked 60fps at 1080p with everything at ultra except for AA which I dropped to FXAA High. Frostbite is such a dream.

Yoday

What an interesting way of doing a campaign. It is story heavy, and a guided experience like you'd expect, but so far this tank mission is like a vehicle/engineer class tutorial. Also, the first chapter has four levels with the first being entirely vehicle based and the second being on foot. It really does feel like a campaign injected with Battlefield MP elements.

r3n4ud

Wait how come I can't pre-load this shit now? I ordered ultimate edition and I have origin access.
Same here :/

Can't get it to show up on Xbox One where it's preloaded. It's downloading on pc though.

Edit: Sorry, read your post wrong. I can't get it to download on Xbox. It's preloaded fine though.

Ah shit, it worked! Thank you

Not directly related, but do you HAVE to have the Deluxe edition to play on Oct 18th? I have EA Access and thought that gave the couple days early access, but I am guessing that's just for this trial?

Yoday

Same here :/

Can't get it to show up on Xbox One where it's preloaded. It's downloading on pc though.

Edit: Sorry, read your post wrong. I can't get it to download on Xbox. It's preloaded fine though.
You have to get the trial first. I used the link someone posted earlier in this thread. It may be live in the EA Access App by now though.

Not directly related, but do you HAVE to have the Deluxe edition to play on Oct 18th? I have EA Access and thought that gave the couple days early access, but I am guessing that's just for this trial?

EA Access only gives you ten hours.

If you want to play on the 18th you need the Deluxe Edition or Ultimate Edition.

However, you could play on the 18th if you didn't use all your ten hours.

I am temporarily on an old PC with a 2700k and a GTX 680 and the first campaign mission is running at an almost locked 60fps at 1080p with everything at ultra except for AA which I dropped to FXAA High. Frostbite is such a dream.

Omg, i have a 970 and you're making me so happy with this post. First Gears 4 running at Ultra 1080p 60fps and now this? Why can't all games be this optimised?

Top Bottom