• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

couple 1440p/Ultra shots I took from playing the campaign

TpnBhzS.jpg

Dude that part is supposed to be more dark because it is in the NIGHT. It is actual nighttime....unlike the "night" we got in BF3 mp maps this one looks more real and MUCH better.

If it really annoys you just turn up the brightness

You can't please everyone. I thought that mission was awesome. The campaign is pretty good so far. Better than expected.

Kibbles

couple 1440p/Ultra shots I took from playing the campaign
In stuck on the top part. My tank is just chillin there and no more tanks are coming in from the top part. I ran around the entire playable area >_> ended up stopping since it's wasting my 10hrs, gonna sink the rest in MP

In stuck on the top part. My tank is just chillin there and no more tanks are coming in from the top part. I ran around the entire playable area >_> ended up stopping since it's wasting my 10hrs, gonna sink the rest in MP

Same happened to me. Had to restart from Checkpoint to get it to progress.

you have to pick up an anti-tank gun thing in the big bunker (Tank-something or other...German name)

an enemy tank had gotten stuck so I destroyed that one and then more enemies came and proceeded with the mission...I was confused too

least that's how I got it to work...could be a bug or something

Nekrono

Glad to hear so many good impressions about the campaign. Looking forward to it, not expecting to be mindblowingly awesome but just good with some great spectacle/vistas.

Lucifon

Is there a vehicle zoom sensitivity I'm missing? Soldier zoom one is fine but when I zoom in turrets on vehicles it's far too sensitive.

leng jai

Seems like a great time to get Origin Access. This month BF1 early access, next month Mirrors Edge and Battlefront in December.

Still installing, but I was able to play the prologue and some of the first mission. This game is insane looking and also has great optimization. Easily the best looking game ever and it runs like a dream. Oh and the missions play great too! I can't wait for it to finish installing so I can play some mp.

Theorry

So about the Battlepacks. You get random a battlepack after a match with something. You can keep that or scrap it. And with the scrap if you have enough you can buy the better battlepacks. Thats only way to get them right? The higher ones.

Starfield

Just came back from a session on Amiens and Fao Fortress.

I have to say Amiens is easily the best city map I've ever played in any multiplayer game. It just amazing. So much going on, such a big city...wow.

Fao Fortress on the other hand felt completely confusing. I didn't like it that much but maybe someone else will. I can't wait to try out all the maps on launch.

DICE you've done an amazing job, thank you

ThisOne

Can I make it so the triggers control acceleration on the vehicles? In the beta on PS4, some (or all?) of the vehicles accelerated by holding one of the sticks forward which just felt awkward and totally off to me coming from BF4.

Also, is there an option to swap functions of R1/L1 with R2/L2 (or whatever the equivalent buttons are called on XB1)?

Dubz

Just signed up for Origin Access.. How do I get this going? I don't see it anywhere in the Access page.

EDIT: Found it...I'm dumb.

I got yhe game+DLCs: I don't know if I'll get to play it before the 21st, but it doesn't matter.

I've already stopped playing BF4 and am catching up on my SP games (just finished the two Witcher DLCs. What a game!). I still haven't touched the free Resident Evil game (PS4) so I am good to go on the 'wait'.
I'm looking forward to the SP and after finishing it I'll jump to MP. Hope this one hooks me in.

Some early Xbox One impressions of the campaign.
Looks fantastic, no idea what resolution it's running at but is really nice looking. Seems to run fine for the most part, had some stuttering mainly when taking a screenshot or recording a video clip.

The campaign is already more interesting than anything in the BF4 story mode. As usual for a DICE game the sound FX are top notch. Voice acting is good thus far too.

jeffc919

Just played some campaign on xbox one S. I mean it looks pretty but I was expecting more. I found it to be too dark btw and too much shit going on so hard to tell where to aim. Kinda disappointed TBH. I only play games for campaign. I don't play MP and I'm skipping this one.

Just my opinion but BF is a MP focused series, even more so than COD, and nobody should be buying it for the SP alone, at least not at release for full retail price.

RoKKeR

Um, holy crap. Just finished the first war story and it was actually... really good!? I'm seriously impressed. Can't believe I am enjoying a DICE singleplayer but here we are. Characters and a story I actually sort of cared about, large variety of combat spaces/approaches, historical nuggets and great atmosphere... not bad, DICE.

The pigeon part was hilarious though

Nowise10

The "first" (technically 2nd..) mission in the campaign is much better then what I expected the game to give, gameplay-wise.

Dice finally did it, they added some sort of magnetism/aim assist like on console for controllers in MP on PC. Wasn't in the beta, but about damn time.

Top Bottom