• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Yoday

I keep getting the trial notice popping up on the XB1 version. It's made it pretty much unplayable as it happens every few minutes, and without warning. I've died multiple times to it in MP, and it has killed the immersion in the campaign.

I'm downloading the trial through EA Access (XB1) now.. will this be the same install for when I pick up my disk on the 18th? Would like to not do this install 2x.

Tovarisc

I'm downloading the trial through EA Access (XB1) now.. will this be the same install for when I pick up my disk on the 18th? Would like to not do this install 2x.

At least on PC it's same install and progress also carries over so I imagine this will be the case for consoles too.

Can't wait to leave the pc version for the ps4 one. Just don't like playing on mouse and keyboard. I'm always hitting the wrong key when trying to do medics. Way to much finger acrobats in general. I hope most of the conquest layouts are in a pretty much straight line like how I've seen so far.

Daximuss

I cannot put into words how good the city map is (the one with the fog in the streets). I just want to keep playing just that map.

zedge

The one mission I just played on the EA Access trial (tank one) was amazing. Better than the whole BF4 campaign imo.

Game looks amazing on Xbone.. What sorcery are they using to hide the low resolution? Cause it looks great. I wish they could go back to BF4 and apply this.

It doesnt seem to activate HDR on my TV though.. Anyone else?

90% install, can almost try multiplayer now.

So what's the general feel on the campaign?

(From what I've played) it may not be the best fps campaign ever but it's definitely closer to return to form for the series. Better than BF3 and BF4 so far and it may get better from here

I wish Battlefront got this attention to SP, maybe for number 2.

Nowise10

So what's the general feel on the campaign?

Gameplay is much better then what I expected. Story so far isn't really their. But it's more of a game that makes you think about the war and the people who fought, rather then it trying to give an original story of some sort.
But the first mission so far is great. They give you a mix of gameplay options throughout the mission, including adding stealth gameplay into a Battlefield game. Really excited for the other 4 missions.

Duxxy3

It's amazing how useless the tank is after you stop driving it and the AI takes over.

edit: so far... this is garbage.

Yoday

The one mission I just played on the EA Access trial (tank one) was amazing. Better than the whole BF4 campaign imo.

Game looks amazing on Xbone.. What sorcery are they using to hide the low resolution? Cause it looks great. I wish they could go back to BF4 and apply this.

It doesnt seem to activate HDR on my TV though.. Anyone else?

90% install, can almost try multiplayer now.
For one, their AA methods are orders of magnitude better than what was used in BF4 and Hardline, and seems even more refined over what was used in Battlefront. On top of that, I'm almost positive it's using dynamic resolution scaling. There are times that it looks full 1080p to me, and times where it looks just a littler sharper than Battlefront. If it's dipping all the way to 720p, it isn't very often.

Any way you look at it, DICE are wizards and their spell weaving is getting better every year. This game leaves little doubt in my mind that Battlefront 2 and an updated Battlefield 1 will be a dynamic 4K on Scorpio with it hitting that res the vast majority of the time. I'm really curious to see how this turns on out PS4, because if I remember right they updated Mirrors Edge Catalyst to have a dynamic resolution on XBO, but they didn't add it into the PS4 version.

I have the trial and am getting the game from amazon. My friend is getting the game digitally at midnight when it comes out. Am I able to play the game with him from the time he gets it until I get with the trial? Or does the trial put you in a special pool of players? kinda dont understand still after reading OP

Damn you all, and don't complain your stuck at work!!!! I'm stuck waiting till the PS4 Pro comes out to play it since I have zero consoles :(

JBuccCP

SP mission spoilers (the first tank one):
If DICE was aiming to win the giantbomb award for most unintentionally funny moment I think they've got it wrapped up with the clunky pigeon flying into buildings and trees while sad piano music plays after an intense shouting match about whether or not to grab the pigeon.

I keep getting the trial notice popping up on the XB1 version. It's made it pretty much unplayable as it happens every few minutes, and without warning. I've died multiple times to it in MP, and it has killed the immersion in the campaign.

Exactly whyyy?!! Basically every 5 min this shit pops up.

How does the server browser works i get 0-64? and maybe one full map..Every new BF comes out I'm dealing with this nonsense.

jim2011

Hmm... I just finished the first two campaign missions and a notice popped up leading me to believe if I purchase the game now with the EA access discount, I can continue the single player, otherwise I can enjoy the multiplayer through the 10 hour trial.

Can anyone confirm if that's true?

Bsigg12

Hmm... I just finished the first two campaign missions and a notice popped up leading me to believe if I purchase the game now with the EA access discount, I can continue the single player, otherwise I can enjoy the multiplayer through the 10 hour trial.

Can anyone confirm if that's true?

You won't be able to play the rest of the campaign until the game officially launches. The trial is only those 2 campaign missions.

WillyFive

If it's true that DICE finally added aim-assist to controllers, this is huge. I've been wishing for them to add it for years, glad they have finally caught up. Playing the PC version comfortably on a TV will be great.

Can't wait to leave the pc version for the ps4 one. Just don't like playing on mouse and keyboard. I'm always hitting the wrong key when trying to do medics. Way to much finger acrobats in general. I hope most of the conquest layouts are in a pretty much straight line like how I've seen so far.

Apparently, just plug in a controller and you won't have to.

TheRed

These kind of visuals in a huge multiplayer game with destruction and vechicles all over is just too good. Just bought the Premium Pass because of this trial and the 10% off thats available in Origin access.
I bought the standard edition for $45 on cdkeys and the pass for $45 so altogether I'm happy with $90 total dollars for all of the main content that will ever come to the game. I don't need the early release and battlepacks and skins that make the Ultimate edition $130.
29994474080_4f43dc9b0a_o.png

29994472900_033a9c225d_o.png

29660435033_c009025d81_o.png

If it's true that DICE finally added aim-assist to controllers, this is huge. I've been wishing for them to add it for years, glad they have finally caught up. Playing the PC version comfortably on a TV will be great.

Apparently, just plug in a controller and you won't have to.

YEP THEY DID, I am sooooooo happy.

Got in one of MP maps and guess what, EA trial notice pops up every 2-3 min while PLAYING MP!!!!..that's so stupid on so many levels I can't even explain..frustrating as #$@#.

Playing on X1 btw.

zedge

Goddamn the tanks in multiplayer are death machines..

Top players on other team just rolled around all game, like 40+ kills and 17k score. 1 death.

lol

I fired all three rockets and threw both tank grenades at one of the big ones, didnt die.

Got in one of MP maps and guess what, EA trial notice pops up every 2-3 min while PLAYING MP!!!!..that's so stupid on so many levels I can't even explain..frustrating as #$@#.

Playing on X1 btw.

This is happening to me too. No other trial on EA access has done this.. its weird.

Khronico

Anyone having issues with the tank controls in the 2nd singleplayer mission (PC)?

Can't move the tank at all, tried both MKB and my 360 controller and the tank just wont move. I can still aim and shoot but yea, can't progress past the initial infantry charge.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
These kind of visuals in a huge multiplayer game with destruction and vechicles all over is just too good. Just bought the Premium Pass because of this trial and the 10% off thats available in Origin access.
I bought the standard edition for $45 on cdkeys and the pass for $45 so altogether I'm happy with $90 total dollars for all of the main content that will ever come to the game. I don't need the early release and battlepacks and skins that make the Ultimate edition $130.

Did buying the season pass reset your 10 hour timer?

Facism

what map is this?

Top Bottom