• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

I'd recommend watching Brootherhood over Kingsglaive.

Kingsglaive needs to be watch if anyone wants at least some context to the world cause the game doesn't do the greatest job of it.

Yikes.

Game should not require this much (or any) supplemental media. That's some shitty writing.

Sigh. This game isn't for me, at all. Really sucks, Final Fantasy was my favorite series growing up.

Mifec

Kingsglaive needs to be watch if anyone wants at least some context to the world cause the game doesn't do the greatest job of it.

Which should be taken as a huge negative for the game. It's terrible and being forced to watch it for context is a really bad thing.

HotHamBoy

Which should be taken as a huge negative for the game. It's terrible and being forced to watch it for context is a really bad thing.

Apologists incoming...

Just wait till you hear Luna talk

I'm pretty sure I'm just not going to play it. There's so, so many good games out there vying for my time.

But I sincerely hope those of you who are buying or bought it enjoy it. Get your money's worth!

2h in and the combat is pretty damn nice. Didn't expect it to feel this impactful. I haven't done too much with magic though so not sure about that.

Philippo

Just wait till you hear Luna talk

lol

To be honest though, i think, based on what i've seen of the promotional material, the english writing and voice acting for Luna are much worse than the japanese one, and it sounds way more forced and "complicated" than the original.

sappyday

Oh it most definitely is. Hopefully reviewers ding it for that shit. The fact that we still gotta pay for Kingsglaive pisses me off. That shit should come with the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol

To be honest though, i think, based on what i've seen of the promotional material, the english writing and voice acting for Luna are much worse than the japanese one, and it sounds way more forced and "complicated" than the original.

Her Japanese VA isn't that great, to be honest.

No hyperbole. I legit had teary eyes during the end. This has been a long journey. The comment from Sora about an 'impactful ending' was not wrong at all.

You have no idea how much it thrills me to hear that this game probably has at least something of an emotionally resonant ending after XIII's happy go lucky My Hands shit fiesta.

The campfire scene T_T
So simple yet so beautiful T_T

Can't wait to hear what you think of it all
Sure. But will take a while. I can't stop thinking about the end, lol.

@DarkLordMalik Didn't you get the game a few days ago? How many hours did it take you to finish?
35 hours was the final play time. Some stats if people are interested.

* Level 48 Noctis. Rest of the party was 1-2 level lower.
* Buddy quests seen/completed - 3 (Iris, Prompto, Ignis)
* Total sidequests completed - 47
* Total hunts completed - 21
* Total amount of Kings arms found - 8 out of the total 13
* Photography level - 8
* Fishing level - 1
* Survival level - 6
* Cooking level - 4

- Flying Regalia and Kingsglaive outfits are unlocked once we finish the game. Not sure what else is unlocked. Adamtoise is also available to fight after the post-game stuff so there is definitely a lot of new content to discover here.

So as you guys can see, I missed a shit ton of stuff. The game has a lot of content to offer. Detailed thoughts on everything including post-game stuff in my final impressions later today.

HotHamBoy

Any luck tracking a copy down in Indy?

I'm in Indy and I can't think of any retailers that break street dates. There aren't many mom n pop game stores to begin with.

One time a Target I was in put out Bayonetta 2 before release date and when I tried to buy it the computer dinged it and told the cashier not to sell it to me.

Emotional rollercoaster.

Ray Down

Banned
Can't find a copy here in metro Detroit for the life of me.

If anyone knows where to get one here post.

Also Malik, who is best bro?

Voror

Are all the Kings Arms at the end of dungeons? I seem to recall a few were if I remember correctly but am not sure.

Grisby

Sp how has the car stuff been? I've been wondering if it will control like a say, watch dogs type deal, or if it would be super restrictive.

On the subject of Kingsglaive, wow is it pretty. Man, they make some pretty movies. I'm in the middle of it right now and damn, Square can make some good looking CG.

And is this Sean Bean? Yo.

Sucks though, they killed off this (maybe halfway through the movie?)
Crowe lady
, like, in a heartbeat. I thought they were going to do a cool two sided
story line with an undercover agent
, but nah.

I'm going to watch Brotherhood this weekend. I am a sucker for this type of extended universe type stuff.

Damn, they make some pretty CG.

35 hours was the final play time. Some stats if people are interested.

* Level 48 Noctis. Rest of the party was 1-2 level lower.
* Buddy quests seen/completed - 3 (Iris, Prompto, Ignis)
* Total sidequests completed - 47
* Total hunts completed - 21
* Total amount of Kings arms found - 8 out of the total 13
* Photography level - 8
* Fishing level - 1
* Survival level - 6
* Cooking level - 4

Really? Only 35 hours? And that's with sidequests, hunts, and the like? Wow, the main story itself must be pretty short.

I think my shortest time through a mainline FF game on first play is probably FF1 at about 30 hours. ~40 or so for 4 and IX, quite a bit longer for most of the others.

Probably about 60 hours for X, and 70 for XII and XIII.

I never go completionist on first playthrough, but I never rush either. Take my sweet time, take in the sites, let myself marinate in what's happening, etc.

Wonder what I'll hit for XV!

I remember the days as a teenager where I dissed any RPG that wasn't 40 hours long. Now I'm happy if a game even just last me 10 as long as it's good. I don't focus on that stuff anymore.

I think my shortest time through a mainline FF game on first play is probably FF1 at about 30 hours. ~40 or so for 4 and IX, quite a bit longer for most of the others.

Probably about 60 hours for X, and 70 for XII and XIII.

I never go completionist on first playthrough, but I never rush either. Take my sweet time, take in the sites, let myself marinate in what's happening, etc.

Wonder what I'll hit for XV!

60 for X? I remember finishing it in less than 27 hours in my first playthrough.

zkorejo

Sp how has the car stuff been? I've been wondering if it will control like a say, watch dogs type deal, or if it would be super restrictive.

Dont even think about the car. Its super restrictive in a sense that you only press R2 to or L2. Think of it more like a taxi from GTA IV where you could sit and check out the city.

I always let Ignus drive. or use fast travels when available.

I haven't played any of them in so long that I can't really say for sure, but I feel like the epic nature of the series plus our nostalgia probably makes us think the stories were longer than they actually were. If you just played straight through the story you're likely looking at an average of 30 hours. I think FFX was actually a bit shorter story-wise, I seem to remember reaching endgame once at 25-30 hours in. I would probably peg VII-IX as the longest ones.

35 hours with some sidequests and other stuff actually makes me think that the game isn't some bloated mess, which is a great thing.

60 for X? I remember finishing it in less than 27 hours in my first playthrough.

Yup, I remember the clock well!

I might have fallen asleep once while playing, so perhaps inflated by a few, but pretty close.

I didn't get all the ultimate weapons and everything, but I did spend a good deal of time chocobo racing, lighting dodging, and Al Bhed dictionary filling.

But, again, I'm a slow gamer. Even w/out a bunch of side quests I always take my time. Often walk instead of run. Spend a good deal of time looking at scenery, talking to NPCs, poking around in different corners, listening to the tunes, etc. My Witcher 3 complete time, and I turned off map markers and did NOT hunt out filler side content, was well over 100 hours.

Gbraga

Perhaps this is me trying to make myself feel better but I'm thinking about all my favorite games and there isn't a single one that doesn't have at least a couple parts that I absolutely dread. This applies to every FF as well.

2zpIiOA.jpg

Welcome to SHITLAND, I'll be your guide.

Dude, what is your friend doing? lol

He is going to obliterate everything in his path at this rate :p

He wiped every Iron Giant he could find in the starting area. Then he went after the fire ones.

RIP, they're all extinct now.

Doesn't this mean he is ridiculously over powered and the main quest will basically be a cake walk?

Yea, looks like it. You should've seen his efficient Digimon Cyber Sleuth leveling. Man's a beast (at grinding).

--

Since you get bonus rest experience, he stocked up to 50k exp in chapter 1, got the rest bonus (double I think) and cashed in 100k exp. He went from level 19 to 35 that way in one night.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I always thought KH was notably shorter than FF at around 30 to 35 hours.

For FF6 FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FF12, and FF13 i clocked in over 60 hours by end game. I'd usually be hitting hour 50 by the time the final boss came though

Sylas

Okay, question for other people that're playing: Question about the Astrals.

How the fuck do you summon them? I summoned Ramuh once and I'm not sure how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom