• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nantsu no Taizo Booooo. I wanted them to be on the villains team massacring all those humans! Laaaaaaame.

Promised Neverland *In flat affect* Oh no, what a shock. Who would have thought Mother would come down just at the moment they entered the secret basement. Now they must hide and hope mother doesn't see them, with their only hope of escape coming from an unrelated third party creating a distraction. But oh no! Did they leave something upturned or out of place hinting that someone had snooped into the secret room???

But no, give me more of owl guy, that shit was interesting. I love weird morse code stuff, and that code around the owls was so neat. Also ten bucks says owl guy is actually owl gal.

Edit: I'm also calling that when we get back to Garou he will have been soundly battered and defeated by Watchdog Man off screen Ala Squirrel Girl.

I have no doubt of this.

As I said before, I want that to be the running joke of the series. I don't ever want to see Watchdog Man actually fight. I want every fight to be off screen and I want every outcome to be one-sided.

I want some storyline down the line to be about some worldwide catastrophe and every city gets wiped out and all the heroes get fucked up and it's like, coming down to Saitama vs. whatever it is and then like in the background as they're listing all the crazy shit in every city and how everything's ruined they're just like "Uh, Z City is fine" and Watchdog Man is sitting on a pile of bodies and the city's still standing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

Orgasm Guy is the most ridiculously generic aloof 'I AM THE BEST' villain in a long time, even in fucking Fairy Tail.

Also, they should stop listening to the lady who is trying to convince them that Lucy taking off all her clothes and dry-humping Natsu in his sleep will somehow save him because that's the most insane troll logic in the universe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fairy Tail

Orgasm Guy is the most ridiculously generic aloof 'I AM THE BEST' villain in a long time, even in fucking Fairy Tail.

Also, they should stop listening to the lady who is trying to convince them that Lucy taking off all her clothes and dry-humping Natsu in his sleep will somehow save him because that's the most insane troll logic in the universe.

I'm sorry, what now?

Sesha

The Promised Neverland 17

Bit of a slow and empty chapter. Didn't they tell Don and Gilda that Mama can track their movements? If they did then Don and Gilda are dumb and reckless, and if not, that's a really dumb mistake by our supposedly brilliant protagonists.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sorry, what now?

fairytail.jpg

On the plus side, at some point Gerard turned into a random wuss who isn't even vaguely important in the grand scheme of things as opposed to being a full-on plot tumor. Like, at one point they had lots and lots of arcs that revolved around Gerard, but he's basically down to little more than Designated Erza Love Interest. Not that this is new since the entire cast sans Wendy has a Designated Love Interest.

Angry Grimace

Thats not really the issue its the whole group splitting up and adding MORE new characters the plot is really scatter shot currently

The problem is that almost every manga that goes more than 100 chapters has a billion characters.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Thats not really the issue its the whole group splitting up and adding MORE new characters the plot is really scatter shot currently

To compound that, the initial appeal of Seven Deadly Sins was that the main group of "heroes" was initially this group of incredibly powerful badass assholes. They were ten times stronger than the rank and fodder soldiers and part of the appeal was seeing which of this enemy force were actually strong enough to stand toe to toe, and suprisingly the only ones who could were already really high up in the castle hierarchy. The world already felt really fleshed out.

And now we have a new group of bads who are all much stronger and more evil and the sins just kind of all are backseated to protag status as they do uninteresting things to uninteresting enemies. Like even the demon rank and fodder somehow have less personality than the soldiers. That's the reason why Escanor is the most fun right now, he's the only one to actually stand toe to toe to the demons and he is still a huuuuuge asshole.

Mmmmmm...Seven Deadly Sins issue isn't only it's power level garbage, it's just that that was the most noticeable and biggest drop in quality. It happened really quick and right when it did it pretty much caused an avalanche of quality drops. There were of course things before then that are still issues (Meliodas' constant molesting of Elizabeth and her complicitness in it/falling in love with him, Hawk's resurrection, everyone's resurrection, "everybody but the MC is supposed to be strong but never actually defeat or accomplish anything of any note ever") that have only gotten worse over time as well as the personalities of the Seven Sins becoming kinda...boring. I'd probably say that chapters 1-100 are super solid with some minor grievances but once 100 hits the manga took a severe drop.

The only reason to read it anymore is honestly Escanor.

Mmmmmm...Seven Deadly Sins issue isn't only it's power level garbage, it's just that that was the most noticeable and biggest drop in quality. It happened really quick and right when it did it pretty much caused an avalanche of quality drops. There were of course things before then that are still issues (Meliodas' constant molesting of Elizabeth and her complicitness in it/falling in love with him, Hawk's resurrection, everyone's resurrection, "everybody but the MC is supposed to be strong but never actually defeat or accomplish anything of any note ever") that have only gotten worse over time as well as the personalities of the Seven Sins becoming kinda...boring. I'd probably say that chapters 1-100 are super solid with some minor grievances but once 100 hits the manga took a severe drop.

The only reason to read it anymore is honestly Escanor.

I mostly agree with this (minus Escanor who I've not met). I don't mind the groping reoccuring gag and I think the main cast still are all very unique and interesting, but power creep really hurt this series in the worst possible way.

Horimiya 72

Lol the misunderstandings.

car graffiti 14

Yeah, driving a G wagon makes you feel like a boss.

Also, even japan knows that the Volvo 240 is indestructible.

dani_dc

Boku No Hero Academy 117

It's sad that even after this long Kacchan still doesn't realise that there's more to being an hero than being up bad guys.

Seems like he's already steering away from full heel, so hopefully this fight is a turning point for him.

BLack Clover 88

Bull Thrust is the best, I think we know who the writers favorite three man team is.

Ole Galazo 1

Tae Kwon Do x Soccer, well I guess it was flashy and fun, but the main character design is just not good. I wish we had a more non traditional design for a lead sports character, he looks like the typical star soccer athlete and hes over 6 ft tall even.

More action shots please.
CyZSAonXcAAIFo9.jpg:small

Kieli

Saiba no Shokugeki: Not gonna lie, this was hype. Possibly the only way for Soma's team to have a chance is to get carried by Asura, himself.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 40

Well that sure is nice of Fuyuzora to get Yuuna a present. Though don't know if it was worth overworking himself. Though I can relate being this is the last week of classes for me.
Also Oboro delivering on the lewd quota.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 41

also lewd

Tomo 475

Misuzu gets all the ladies. Showing Jun what's up.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch475

The real winner.

Iris Zero ch37

Love triangles can be so troublesome. Looks like it's not over with her.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch22

They did good today.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 16
Ban this sick filth. A chapter showing the president in various forms of undress is inherently a good chapter, even if nothing much actually happened. Well, [Jin x Hitomi] saw something vaguely resembling development for a change, though I don't really have any interest in their relationship, partially because Hitomi's pretty bland and partially because there're so many other superior possibilities.

Who is he? Temptede to read just for him. Thats good charadesign.
The MC of Fureru to Kikoeru, a semi-serious shounen romance series. He has a BFF who I think you'd also appreciate.

Demon's Plan 2

This is the best of the jump starts this round. So much heart, I teared up when it revealed the boss and coworkers really grew attached to Carlos and Bollo like they were their kids and raised them.

JulianImp

Helck - Vol1
Finished this volume yesterday night, and I'd say it was a really fun read. I'm kind of bummed that I got Vol3 for ¥108 but couln't spot Vol2, so I'll probably end up buying them next weekend if I can't get a hold of them.

By the way, I also happened to picked Umineko Murasaki up, because while it might be just a spin-off by a different writer, I guess I could have some fun going back to Rokkenjima after so long.

Zweizer

Banned
Jewels (Pixiv story) by m k

A short yuri story featuring a pair of close friends as they grow up together.

It's simple, yet the adorably colored art and the cute moments make it an unberably sweet read. Very enjoyable, and I hope the author makes more of these.

Oh no, the tragedy!

Angry Grimace

Iris Zero 37

Betty, meet Veronica.

World's End Harem

This is the dumbest shit in the universe. Man wakes up from 5 years in cryostasis to learn that he is one of only 5 men in the world capable of repopulating the earth and conveniently enough, artificial insemination doesn't work.

He spends the entire series looking for his one true waifu and rejecting any possibility of repopulating the world. Not only is MC denser than the bone of Shirou's sword, the women who are in charge of him are dumb as rocks for letting him get away with this horseshit.

World's End Harem

This is the dumbest shit in the universe. Man wakes up from 5 years in cryostasis to learn that he is one of only 5 men in the world capable of repopulating the earth and conveniently enough, artificial insemination doesn't work.

He spends the entire series looking for his one true waifu and rejecting any possibility of repopulating the world. Not only is MC denser than the bone of Shirou's sword, the women who are in charge of him are dumb as rocks for letting him get away with this horseshit.

Yep, it is straight up terrible. Like, it's almost rage reading at this point so you can just have cathartic moments of being angry at the MC for being such a piece of shit.

The fucking nerd they introduced in the last 2 chapters has a more interesting story/premise than the main plot.

Sometimes you just need to hate read something.

Angry Grimace

Yep, it is straight up terrible. Like, it's almost rage reading at this point so you can just have cathartic moments of being angry at the MC for being such a piece of shit.

The fucking nerd they introduced in the last 2 chapters has a more interesting story/premise than the main plot.

Sometimes you just need to hate read something.

I'm just utterly baffled that someone took a premise like that and used it to start a "serious" story. It's not even like the girl he's pining over is his actual wife or even girlfriend. She's just some girl he confessed to before he went into cryo-stasis and he didn't even get a fucking answer. It makes no goddamn sense that the 100s of women that are keeping him on lockdown and demanding he have sex with them to repopulate the planet are even humoring his shit either; he's even more likely to refuse to have sex with any of them if he actually found that one specific girl.

Corpse Party: Another Child 17 (END)
Goddammit. Right up until her final moments, being Saki was suffering. I figured there'd be some kind of futile clash with Sachiko at the end, but watching her get munched on was still unpalatable, even if it did enable the others to escape. Not that I'm particularly thrilled the trio made it out alive, since neither them nor any of the other non-Saki newcomers made much of an impression on me.

Overall I'd score this about the same as the Blood Covered manga. It was more concise/focused, with the compacted content being more consistently entertaining, but at the expense of characterisation and tension. It also lacked any true highlights such as BC's yandere Ayumi. Leagues above Musume though, and worth reading if you're a fan of Corpse Parties.

Nakamura Regura really make good stuff

If only he made normal manga with his monster girl :(
There is great wisdom in this post.

Great wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom