• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

so the Super Srull was to compact all Fantastic Four powers into one character and keep the Fab Four in the story but not being selectable hhmmm..

arlight

still waiting for my Bionic Commando

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Apparently there's some magazine article (Japanese, I think) that confirms Silver Surfer. Also, it seems to suggest that
Galactus, or at least some Fantastic 4 villain
is the final boss.
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCK. Awesome if true. Finally, a real endboss to these games.

Platy

...Super Skrull is a Fantastic 4 villain ....

...and i guessed that dormmnu was already set as the final boss ....

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
nakedsnakesalute.jpg

Awesome, I hope they somehow get Willem Dafoe to voice the gobin for no reason. If not I will continue not to care.

LongDongJunon said:
is that surfer?

Or are there other completely silver naked dudes in the marvel universe that I don't know about?

It's aluminum man. Or the T-1000.

I like how he's grouped with Dr Doom and Super Skrull. 3 Fantastic Four villians but no Fantastic Four:lol

LongDongJunon said:
is that surfer?

Or are there other completely silver naked dudes in the marvel universe that I don't know about?

Closest is probably Iceman, but they wouldn't just stick him in between Doom and Super Skrull. Damn! This is a nice surprise! Really curious to see how he fights.

Dai101

Banned
Choppasmith said:
Closest is probably Iceman, but they wouldn't just stick him in between Doom and Super Skrull. Damn! This is a nice surprise! Really curious to see how he fights.

Copied from SRK:

basically what the article is is a look at the history of the fantastic four + an interview with ryota niitsuma where he discusses the influence of fantastic four within marvel vs capcom 3.

niitsuma runs through the playable fantastic four cast of doom, skrull, and he talks about silver surfer, who will be shown off later this month. there are no screens of him, just a little portrait thing along with the other two.

nothing new really about doom, but niitsuma said they've added a lot more attacks to skrull since the last public build including several invisible woman techniques.

silver surfer is very quick and has a unique playstyle. he is never standing on the ground. he is always hovering on his board. niitsuma said that silver surfer is more of a character to be played by advanced players. he recommends dr doom to fantastic four fans who are new to the vs series.

also, niitsuma said the fantastic four play a major role within the basic plotline of arcade mode, and that the final boss should be familiar to fans of fantastic four.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Leaked list was fake?

Well then.. Ahem.

More chance of strider being in! But I think silver surfer is an awesome inclusion.

omg, I wonder how you'll fight Galactus? Segments (foot, arms, head) or maybe you'll become giant sized as well (viewtiful joe style)

Platy

Dai101 said:
silver surfer is very quick and has a unique playstyle. he is never standing on the ground. he is always hovering on his board. niitsuma said that silver surfer is more of a character to be played by advanced players. he recommends dr doom to fantastic four fans who are new to the vs series.

Battles with him and people like Roll, Servbot or Ammy will be amazing xD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, from the SRK post:
also, niitsuma said the fantastic four play a major role within the basic plotline of arcade mode, and that the final boss should be familiar to fans of fantastic four.

So is this Galactus or are there any other more popular F4 villains? I don't know much about the F4 apart from them being a bit less interesting than some other marvel characters.

enzo_gt said:
So, from the SRK post:

So is this Galactus or are there any other more popular F4 villains? I don't know much about the F4 apart from them being a bit less interesting than some other marvel characters.

I really doubt it's Moleman or The Puppetmaster....

enzo_gt said:
So, from the SRK post:

I guess he would make the most sense. I really can't think of a more menacing final boss than Galactus in this particular context.

...Unless of course Capcom wants to poop out another giant golden ball man with toothpaste arms.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amaterasu
Ryu
Chun-Li
Chris Redfield
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Felicia
Viewtiful Joe
Frank

Wolverine
Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Doom
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Deadpool
Silver Surfer
(+ Spiderman who's safe to assume)

So we're at 10 per side for a total of 20 characters shown off excluding spidey. Damn that's a lot this far from release. I really wish they'd do something like the dojo and release say 2 pieces of info a week, and say a character per week as part of that.

Hype.

Something else has occurrd to me, who from the Capcom side is big and bad enough to stand next to fuckin Galactus? So far no one from the announced franchises seems like they have an epic enough of a boss. He'll even Shin Akuma would look just not as grand scale next to Galactus.

enzo_gt said:
Something else has occurrd to me, who from the Capcom side is big and bad enough to stand next to fuckin Galactus? So far no one from the announced franchises seems like they have an epic enough of a boss. He'll even Shin Akuma would look just not as grand scale next to Galactus.

I don't think anyone is? Unless they remodel CYBER AKUMA :O :O :O

That or just make PTX super huge (or Galactus relatively small).

HK-47 said:
The Surfer huh? Just need Strange or Namor and we can have a Defenders team.
That makes me think of something Seth mentioned before. In a podcast he did a while back he mentioned that he wasn't a fan of Dr. Strange. But in an interview he did last week with Eventhubs, he said the following.

The other thing I'll say is that a bunch of characters you haven't seen yet do a great job of really establishing a unique play-style, so when I look at the game less in terms of "is so-and-so in?" and more in terms of "are there a LOT of different, fun ways to play this game?" then I'm really pleased.

As it happens, my current favorite character to play (not yet announced) [Editor's note: This was written before Amaterasu, Thor, Trish, Chun-Li, Super-Skrull and Doctor Doom were announced] would probably be my LEAST favorite character in terms of "did I want to see this one make it into the game?" So basically the fact that I am not a huge fan of the character didn't matter to how much fun I actually have playing them.
This makes me think that Dr. Strange is a real contender. He'd for sure have an interesting play style. I really would like to see him make it in.

Platy

Or galactus is not playable like Apocalypse final form or Onslaught ...

OR .....

Dai101 said:

Ok ... WILD GUESS here .... but ... he didn't said that the final boss was a fantastic four villain ... he used "familiar" and "fantastic four" ... so ... with a plot of dimensions clashing ... who has power enoght to beat dormannu at his own game ?

I know it is an insanely wild guess .... but ... would make sense in a story to explain why any of the Fantastic Four is playable .. i mean .. who in the F4 would want to kick his ass even if he is in a psychotic state ?

What I'm curious about is, if we can assume Galactus is indeed the final boss. I wonder if he's going to be a glorified giant ala TvC with the camera zoomed way out and the playable characters are small or if he's just going to be a piece by piece 3 part boss. Depends on what size Capcom's going to make him I suppose. I hope they're at least a little more creative than Apocalypse's arm.

Oh and we get to hear the Capcom choice. I mean here we were expecting the likes of Dormammu or Spiderman being revealed and this came out of left field. I wonder if we'll finally hear the Mega Man rep whoever he or she may be.

Ok ... WILD GUESS here .... but ... he didn't said that the final boss was a fantastic four villain ... he used "familiar" and "fantastic four" ... so ... with a plot of dimensions clashing ... who has power enoght to beat dormannu at his own game ?

I know it is an insanely wild guess .... but ... would make sense in a story to explain why any of the Fantastic Four is playable .. i mean .. who in the F4 would want to kick his ass even if he is in a psychotic state ?

Neat theory imagine if Franklin turned out to be a Capcom fanboy and wanted to bring the characters to the Marvel universe? Something crazy like that? :lol

Gunloc said:
That makes me think of something Seth mentioned before. In a podcast he did a while back he mentioned that he wasn't a fan of Dr. Strange. But in an interview he did last week with Eventhubs, he said the following.

This makes me think that Dr. Strange is a real contender. He'd for sure have an interesting play style. I really would like to see him make it in.

With Dormammu there it seems he'd be a shoe-in. Would've also guessed Ghost Rider but they said he was out.

Platy

Sinner .. watch out ... or it will be Bloody =P

Choppasmith said:
Neat theory imagine if Franklin turned out to be a Capcom fanboy and wanted to bring the characters to the Marvel universe? Something crazy like that? :lol

So the ending boss would be .... Master Hand !!!! xD

...i was thinking more in the lines of
Ultimate Franklin Richards
In Ultimate X-Men\Fantastic Four Annual #1, a young Franklin Richards is part of a future team of X-Men. It is revealed that in all of the possible futures, Franklin is Reed and Sue's son. He is also revealed to be the host to that timeline's Phoenix force

...but your addition is much more funnier (and guessing by the recent stuff capcom did like morrigan ending in tatsunoko ...) could be possible =D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
I would lol if that is Seth from SF4 and not SS
Not funny when he copies everyones attacks and is swinging around decking bitches with Thor's hammer.

Do not want.

dbztrk

Silver Surfer!

Capcom's side is seriously crap in comparison. I hope Capcom has some surprises left for their side but I highly doubt it. They seem very lazy when it comes to their characters. I almost wish they were just making a Marvel fighting game.

Beth Cyra

enzo_gt said:
Amaterasu
Ryu
Chun-Li
Chris Redfield
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Felicia
Viewtiful Joe
Frank

Wolverine
Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Doom
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Deadpool
Silver Surfer
(+ Spiderman who's safe to assume)

So we're at 10 per side for a total of 20 characters shown off excluding spidey. Damn that's a lot this far from release. I really wish they'd do something like the dojo and release say 2 pieces of info a week, and say a character per week as part of that.

Hype.

The closest they have that would come close to the size and strength of Galactus is probably Mundus, Lord of Hell from Devil May Cry.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
enzo_gt said:
It's not like Galactus is going to be to scale or anything, he'd just be a big hand or foot on screen. Probably going to be about the scale of Apocalypse from MSHvSF.

Plenty of Capcom bosses could easily match that size.

dbztrk said:
Silver Surfer!

Capcom's side is seriously crap in comparison. I hope Capcom has some surprises left for their side but I highly doubt it. They seem very lazy when it comes to their characters. I almost wish they were just making a Marvel fighting game.

Capcom's side is pretty awesome so far. Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, Trish are all pretty great choices.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Capcom

Ryu
Chun Li
Morrigan
Felicia
Dante
Trish
Chris
Ammy
Frank West - Silhouette
V. Joe - Shilhouette
Megaman or any Robot - Stage

Marvel

Wolverine
Deadpool
C. America
Thor
The Hulk
Iron-Man
Super Skrull
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man - Silhouette

So we have "confirmed" 22 casts out of 30ish

Also there is rumor about bison and wesker.

• Silver Surfer is very quick and has a unique playstyle. He never stands on the ground, instead he's always hovering on his board, and he's recommended for advanced players. Doctor Doom was suggested as a good place to start for Fantastic Four fans who are new to the Vs. series.

• They've added more attacks from the Invisible Woman to Super-Skrull since the last public build.

• Also, Niitsuma mentioned that the Fantastic Four play a major role within the basic plotline of arcade mode, and that the final boss should be familiar to fans of that series.

edited the source out because it showed the scan

dbztrk

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Capcom's side is pretty awesome so far. Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, Trish are all pretty great choices.

I disagree with Frank West and Trish. Both are bland. I would have taken Gene and Lady over both of them.

Capcom should have included Pyron. One of their more powerful characters. His moves would look insane!

GatorBait

Gunloc said:
He's actually talking about Trish. I can't remember if I read it or he said it in his walkthough video, but he basically said verbatim what you quoted while referring to Trish.

Silver Surfer is very quick and has a unique playstyle. He never stands on the ground, instead he's always hovering on his board, and he's recommended for advanced players. Doctor Doom was suggested as a good place to start for Fantastic Four fans who are new to the Vs. series.
Damn...That was the exact thing I wanted for a Green Goblin character! I like the off-the-wall pick of Silver Surfer though. We are getting some diversity and flavor on the Marvel side now instead of an X-Men reunion like in MvC2. I'm very curious to see how he plays and what moves he has.

Patriots7

Oh shit Silver Surfer?! I can almost forgive Capcom for not putting in Captain Commando, Cable, And Gambit.
Captain Marvel now please.

Dai101

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Something else has occurrd to me, who from the Capcom side is big and bad enough to stand next to fuckin Galactus?

Maybe Pyron? He also consumes and collects planets and stuff like that, is a lesser man Galactus.

Kuraudo

Banned
enzo_gt said:

Leon Shitstorm Kennedy.

Top Bottom