• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda coming March 21st, 2017 (US) / March 23rd (EU)

icespide

Banned
And here I thought everyone who was COCK SURE 100% CERTAIN it would be delayed would start preparing the crow. Guess not. jackiechan.png

Guys, we're less than 2.5 months out from release, and it was just announced today. This isn't going to be delayed. As shinobi and others have said, they very likely waited this long specifically so that there would be no such uncertainty.

-_-

I'll believe it when its out

In less than 3 months away and the very little we saw was very worrying.

Yeah, I bet on a delay and I ain't pre-ordering jack shit

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Huh. Honestly a bit surprised given the lack of footage (but the explanations herein make sense), but I guess more pubs/devs are taking the FO4 model into account.

Here's hoping they manage to overcome the issues with DA:I, and (at least the worst of) the animation jank,

Worst case, it'll give me something to do before P5.

Goddamnit Atlus

prag16

Banned
In less than 3 months away and the very little we saw was very worrying.

Yeah, I bet on a delay and I ain't pre-ordering jack shit

It won't be delayed. And what was so worrying? The infamous disarm gif? Okay.. Sure there's a TON we don't know. But they have 73 days before launch to show us more.

FFS. And here I thought everyone who was COCK SURE 100% CERTAIN it would be delayed would start preparing the crow. Guess not. jackiechan.png

Guys, we're less than 2.5 months out from release, and it was just announced today. This isn't going to be delayed. As shinobi and others have said, they very likely waited this long specifically so that there would be no such uncertainty.

-_-

Either it'll get delayed or it'll be a mess of game when it releases. With how little we've seen of this game I don't see how it can be a "complete" and/or "polished" title if it sticks to this date.

DevilDog

Remember, no preorders.

Nice! I missed Mass Effect last gen, but I'm definitely in for this one. Is ME Andromeda a direct sequel to ME 3 plot-wise or will I understand the story without having played the previous installments? I'd really like to play them before Andromeda hits, but I'm afraid I won't have time with so many games coming out these months
Main storyline is completely irrelevant. Everything is fresh.

Just to decide between PS4 and PC now.

So excited for this game.
Since it has native controller support, I don't see why not going on PC if you can run it well.

Surprisingly soon given how little footage they've shown so far. I was honestly expecting an HD collection around then, and Andromeda in the second half of the year.

prag16

Banned
Either it'll get delayed or it'll be a mess of game when it releases. With how little we've seen of this game I don't see how it can be a "complete" and/or "polished" title if it sticks to this date.

Have you been paying attention to anything shinobi (among others in the topic) has said? You have no proof (or even strong circumstantial evidence) of anything. The game has been in development for almost 5 years.

Have you been paying attention to anything shinobi (among others in the topic) has said? You have no proof (or even strong circumstantial evidence) of anything. The game has been in development for almost 5 years.
But how will we know a game is being made or polished if we don't get spoon feed tiny morsels of marketing over a 6-10 month period ??!!

icespide

Banned
look I don't necessarily expect it to get delayed, I just said I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

the idea that it won't get delayed because the release date is ~2 months away is silly

prag16

Banned
the idea that it won't get delayed because the release date is ~2 months away is silly

If they announced that date several months ago, I'd agree with you 100%.

But they JUST announced it today.

It won't be delayed at this point. It would be VERY surprising; dare I say shocking; if it is delayed.

Elandyll

Banned
Q1 is fucking savage, on PS4 particularly so (perhaps Nin too depending on Switch timing).

1st world problem, but some tough choices will have to be made...

icespide

Banned

It won't be delayed at this point. It would be VERY surprising. Dare I say shocking, if it is delayed.

this is sound logic, but shit like Uncharted 4 got delayed literally just to press more discs at the last minute. I am never surprised by delays anymore

The Ummah

Banned

It won't be delayed. It would be VERY surprising. Dare I say shocking, if it is delayed.

Exactly. Why would you guys (the delay posters) expect a delay at this point? They updated us on the progress today, and announced a date today. Ain't no delays, bruhs. There's no reason for it if they are on track. Which they are. Which is why they gave the launch date...

Tabby

Given how little we've seen of this I expected this to come out November or something.

I'm hyped. Love me some Mass Effect.

Why makes you think that? They deliberately waited this long to announce it. The game's fully complete. They're quashing bugs now, mock reviews happening in a few weeks.

Major marketing will happen end of this month-early Feb.

RangerX

Banned
I can't wait for this. Everything I've seen has been top notch. Garrus is one of the greatest characters in any game. Hopefully there will be some cool Turian characters in this.

Cruxist

Have we seen any multiplayer footage yet? I'm really hoping its just a copy-paste of ME3 since that was one of my favorite games to sit down and play back in the day.

Thoraxes

Probably won't pick up at launch because my money will be going towards a Switch and Sky 3rd first, but I'll be on it later on in the year. Hope the PC version is decent.

And good impressions maybe, too.

Mindlog

They're trying to release it on a Tuesday? No way it makes a Tuesday. Games need Tuesday to pre-load the Day 1 patches now. Thursday at the earliest.

I legitimately hoped for a May release. I can't handle this.

Horizon,
Nier,
Switch + game
and now Mass Effect too.

And two weeks after, Persona 5.

Fucking NIntendo, I know they won't have supply if you don't pre-order.

GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

h4piV5o.gif

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I legitimately hoped for a May release. I can't handle this.

Horizon,
Nier,
Switch + game
and now Mass Effect too.

And two weeks after, Persona 5.

Fucking NIntendo, I know they won't have supply if you don't pre-order.

I just cancelled nier and horizon. will get them in autumn...

Top Bottom