• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 USB Jigkick confirmed real

Stumpokapow said:
Still didn't answer the question, you just reiterated your point that people who like piracy would make a backup loader. What would people who don't like piracy make? What should they have done to legitimize themselves to you?
I thought it was pretty obvious I meant that people who like homebrew would have made a HOMEBREW launcher or just basic hello world-stuff. Yeah, I do sound like a broken record and I know that it doesn't really matter what the first app was as piracy (like with any other jailbroken device) will always be there.

But saying that PSJailbreak guys didn't have piracy in mind (well, piracy and BIG BUXXX) when making this sounds very sketchy to me.

also, LOL @ SolidusDave

onken

missile said:
Hacking the PS3 as such doesn't depend on the OtherOS feature, no question
about that. But its removal has obviously lead to a full-stop of any homebrew
effort on the PS3 and may as such have intensified the action to hack the
system to enable homebrew again. Saying that the removal of the OtherOS had
no effect on hacking the PS3 is, it least, laughable. The PSJailbreak guys
are claiming that they primarily produced the device for homebrew on the PS3.
You may say they are all lairs, but that's up to you.

Unless you can prove that this hack wouldn't have come about anyway if otheros hadn't been removed, you can stick your "laughable" position up your ass. What the "scene" describes as homebrew has NOTHING to do with running programs from otheros. It's isoloaders, media centers and various emulators running from the XMB, that was always the target, otheros never entered the equation except as a vehicle for obtaining that goal.

It can't be said that with the existence of OtherOS feature there won't be
any attempts in hacking the PS3. However, with a proper and continues support
of the OtherOS feature there won't be any argument hacking the system for
homebrew. With the removal of OtherOS feature there was finally a trophy to
go for -- being the first bringing homebrew onto the PS3.

See above. Also the "argument" is worthless. Even with a fully functioning otheros people would still be clamoring for homebrew, citing how inconvenient it is to partition their hard disk, or how long it takes to boot into otheros, or how they don't have access to PSN and so on.

The day the OtherOS feature was removed from the Slim was actually the day
where hacking the PS3 for homebrew was a serious goal. I've followed many
messages boards during that time (esp. Fixstars' (YDL) and the cbe-oss-dev
mailing list). One my even find some interesting comments from some very
well known developers over there. One year later all the prediction came true.

Horseshit. If this debacle has shown us anything, it's that there's a lot of money to be made out of something like this. If you honestly think all those people were just sitting there, turning their backs on the potential cash for the sake of some lofty Internet principle, then wow.

Stumpokapow said:
Still didn't answer the question, you just reiterated your point that people who like piracy would make a backup loader. What would people who don't like piracy make? What should they have done to legitimize themselves to you?

PS2 emulator that requires having the disc.
Region-free BluRay Player.
MKV loader
Media launchers.
Emulators for 16b or lower (even if emulator is a grey zone, it's still a grey zone)
Port of free PC games
Port of PC browsers
Port of homebrew programs of other consoles

There is plenty of hombrew apps that can be launched. We only need to see the PSP or Wii scene to see it. The fact that the ONLY app that PSJailbreak team release is a PS3 ISO loader shows where they are aiming.

It's legit to say "I'm interested only in homebrew", but PSJailbreak is obviously not interested in homebrew.

Dali

Stumpokapow said:
They pretty obviously did do the former--but why release it when you're able to release something more substantial, and SNES emulators are just as dual-use as backup loaders, so I'm not sure how that would be any different.
Let's not be disingenuous here. Piracy is bad, sure, but not all forms of it are equally as damaging to a company. Would zsnes have much of an effect on Sony's bottom line or current 3rd party developers at all for that matter? Would it be as likely to garner the asking price of $125?

DangerousDave said:
PS2 emulator that requires having the disc.
Region-free BluRay Player.
MKV loader
Media launchers.
Emulators for 16b or lower (even if emulator is a grey zone, it's still a grey zone)
Port of free PC games
Port of PC browsers
Port of homebrew programs of other consoles

There is plenty of hombrew apps that can be launched. We only need to see the PSP or Wii scene to see it. The fact that the ONLY app that PSJailbreak team release is a PS3 ISO loader shows where they are aiming.

It's legit to say "I'm interested only in homebrew", but PSJailbreak is obviously not interested in homebrew.

You assume they are interested in piracy, because they released a way for people to save wear and tear on their laser. This will also save you electricity and reduce the amount of heat the system is putting off. Also this is not an iso loader. You can't put an iso in the system and have it install and it won't load an iso file off of the hard drive. Your assumption that they released this for piracy is no more valid than the people saying they didn't.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
BoboBrazil said:
You assume they are interested in piracy, because they released a way for people to save wear and tear on their laser. This will also save you electricity and reduce the amount of heat the system is putting off. Also this is not an iso loader. You can't put an iso in the system and have it install and it won't load an iso file off of the hard drive. Your assumption that they released this for piracy is no more valid than the people saying they didn't.
Come on.

BoboBrazil said:
You can't possibly be that naive...

Metalmurphy said:
You can't possibly be that naive...

Well if he can assume it is just for piracy, why can't I assume otherwise? The reason this was made was to make money. To say they made it for piracy or homebrew can't be proven and is just an assumption.

BoboBrazil said:
Well if he can assume it is just for piracy, why can't I assume otherwise? The reason this was made was to make money. To say they made it for piracy or homebrew can't be proven and is just an assumption.
If there was a rolleyes.gif where the eyes would be rolleyes.gifs it would be great time to put it here

Eiji

BoboBrazil said:

Exactly. Now, what makes more money, device allowing homebrew or device allowing to play games for free?

BoboBrazil said:

The girls that are in corners and fuck for a few dollars aren't prostitutes. You can go with them and don't do anything sexual as a companion girl, bring them to dinner in a restaurant, or event chat to explain your problems. Also, they'll never say you anything explicit, until they are sure that you're not a policeman. :D

The fact that you can go Richard Gere on them and you're not forced to fuck them don't make them less prostitutes.

Eiji said:
Exactly. Now, what makes more money, device allowing homebrew or device allowing to play games for free?

Actually, region free gaming would be a homebrew feature many people paid money for in the past, but as the PS3 is region free...

Segata Sanshiro said:
:lol

You guys are really playing with fire if Dragona sticks her head back in here.

Nah, i think that we all agree that scene =/= piracy, and that there is a lot of people that uses the scene (or develop in the scene) that are against the piracy. But we're discussing about the reasons that a single particular (PSJailbreak team) launch a device with a single program (a ISO loader) without any other scene program, and what is the target that they are aiming.

phosphor112 said:
Yeah, and Terrorists ruined many of my Constitutional rights as an American. TILL THIS DAY, I still have the FBI occasionally come over to my house. Are you dense?

"HERP DERP, I DIDN'T DO SHIT SO THEY CAN'T PUNISH ME." Yeah, stop being 12 and thinking you are entitled to everything.

... actually terrorists didn't ruin many of your constitutional rights, your rights were negatively impacted in the NAME of terrorism. See the pattern? The other OS was removed in the NAME of security for Sony. I didn't do anything wrong to lose other OS. Others were using it because, well, Sony INCLUDED THE FEATURE WHEN THEY PURCHASED THE SYSTEM and they were using it as such. Then they obviously road the salami a little too close to the sun and Sony tried to burn them for it, except they didn't just burn them but every single person with a system that could also install other OS.

Just so I'm not misunderstanding you here, are you actually arguing that 1) the FBI should be able to take away some of your constitutional rights because of what OTHERS have done? and 2) are you actually arguing that Sony should be able to remove a feature ADVERTISED as a feature when one purchased the system because of what OTHERS have done?

If so, I'm sure you would be fine with the government banning hammers because their used in violent crimes, right? If so, I'm sure you're fine with the government banning automobiles as well since they're used in quite a few deadly crimes every year, right?

Now I await some more insults as spoken by a 13 year old pimply, horny, little boy

missile

@onken:
OtherOS != PS3 Linux. The OtherOS boots as fast as the GameOS does (read;
hypervisor), whereas in the former you are not allowed to run unsigned code
and to use the 3D context of the RSX, as we all know. When you program games
for the PS3 you are still warped by the same hypervisor. The OtherOS isn't
that different from the GameOS! So what you make out of the OtherOS is all
yours. Instead of writing a Linux kernel into the 4MB flash memory you can
likewise write your own code in there doing what ever you want, booting a
homebrew environment in a fraction of a second etc. From there on you could
also have your media centers and emulatores running, similar like what you
would have to do under a hacked GameOS (XMB). It isn't that different.
Sure, 3D acceleration, PSN, and isoloades won't work from the OtherOS side,
but isoloaders and stuff are a different story altogether. There will be
many people out there just looking for an isoloader, granted, but saying
that homebrew always associates to isoloaders -- "What the 'scene'
describes as homebrew has NOTHING to do with running programs from otheros.
It's isoloaders, ..."
-- is a bit over the top. No? What's teh scene you
are talking about then? You my perhaps find out that the scene consists of
people like you and me.

And why shouldn't they sell the stuff if it's legal? And in case you haven't
notice, the Jig by itself doesn't copy games. There are multiple uses for
the Jig. If anyone is going to use the Jig for copying games, go blame them
and not those who are working on the device or who want to use it in the very
name of homebrew.

PetriP-TNT said:
Like I said, if their main intention was not to allow easy access to piracy, their first application could have been something else than easy access to piracy :p
No. That's kinda similar in wearing a mask pretending being someone else.
They are straight on saying what the device is capable of.

PetriP-TNT said:
The backup launcher is/was 100% made by PSJailbreak guys right?
Nope. They may have get a copy of the source code, but *a guy with a debug
unit* xD has written the original Backup Launcher about three years ago.

PetriP-TNT said:
@missile: ok, I understand
Reading a text in a more column-like fashion a bit easier. Ask the Japanese. :D
Well, even in science we do layout some articles, papers etc with more than
one column to give someone a quick read through a given paper. Reading a text
in a more column-like fashion lets you grasp things a lil faster. But be
warned, this isn't a universal truth and it also depends on the topic at hand.

DangerousDave said:
Nah, i think that we all agree that scene =/= piracy, and that there is a lot of people that uses the scene (or develop in the scene) that are against the piracy. But we're discussing about the reasons that a single particular (PSJailbreak team) launch a device with a single program (a ISO loader) without any other scene program, and what is the target that they are aiming.

Well it does give you the app installer program, which lets you run unsigned .pkg files too which will be used for homebrew. Personally I could care less who they are targeting with the device as long as it does what it is meant to do and it encourages a great scene of homebrew applications that, without this piece of hardware, wouldn't be possible.

BoboBrazil said:
Well it does give you the app installer program, which lets you run unsigned .pkg files too which will be used for homebrew. Personally I could care less who they are targeting with the device as long as it does what it is meant to do and it encourages a great scene of homebrew applications that, without this piece of hardware, wouldn't be possible.

Yeah, of course it will be used.

But now they're selling the product and giving only a iso loader. Also, the fact that this iso loader "Backup Manager" was done 3 years ago shows that, if they really wanted, they could give also another kind of homebrew that was not used mainly for piracy. But they don't. And that make me asking the target that they're looking for with this device.

Is like someone sold Wiis only with Wiiflow channel, without even the homebrew channel. Yeah, you're still able to reinstall the homebrew channel, uninstall the Wiiflow (or use it only for your own games) and use it only for legit purposes. But who advertise the Jailbroken Wii with WiiFlow is aiming to another target.

Brofist

DangerousDave said:
Yeah, of course it will be used.

But now they're selling the product and giving only a iso loader. Also, the fact that this iso loader "Backup Manager" was done 3 years ago shows that, if they really wanted, they could give also another kind of homebrew that was not used mainly for piracy. But they don't. And that make me asking the target that they're looking for with this device.

Is like someone sold Wiis only with Wiiflow channel, without even the homebrew channel. Yeah, you're still able to reinstall the homebrew channel, uninstall the Wiiflow (or use it only for your own games) and use it only for legit purposes. But who advertise the Jailbroken Wii with WiiFlow is aiming to another target.
They must be aiming it at people who buy used games.

jett

D-Member
kpop100 said:
They must be aiming it at people who buy used games.

You have to dream a little bigger, darling.

In some countries, well, in a lot of countries, stores where pirated games are sold are a common thing. If this jigkick takes off, and I have no doubt that it will, those stores will start selling BD-Rs with PS3 games so you can take them to your home and rip them into your HD. This is where the real money will be made with this thing, not in the sales of the device itself.

spwolf

jett said:

In some countries, well, in a lot of countries, stores where pirated games are sold are a common thing. If this jigkick takes off, and I have no doubt that it will, those stores will start selling BD-Rs with PS3 games so you can take them to your home and rip them into your HD. This is where the real money will be made with this thing, not in the sales of the device itself.

kind of... ripped games cost only €1.5-€2.5 per game, while they charge 70-80 Euros for 360 and PS2 mod chips. Plus unlimited bandwidth is available too, so i would say that today, most of the $$$ is made on actual chips.

When I bought my PS2 in 2004, it came chipped from official Sony retailer.

Noshino

spwolf said:
kind of... ripped games cost only €1.5-€2.5 per game, while they charge 70-80 Euros for 360 and PS2 mod chips. Plus unlimited bandwidth is available too, so i would say that today, most of the $$$ is made on actual chips.

When I bought my PS2 in 2004, it came chipped from official Sony retailer.

I can;t talk about Euroland, but in Peru I have gone around these stores, and most of their profits come from sales of pirated disks, which was only about I think 30 to 40 cents per game, but the fact that they are easy to reproduce and didn't take much space saved them a lot of money.

Mod chips required more tools, space, experience, and there were more risks as well.... you could find a few stores that did it, but when compared to stores distributing pirate games, they were a very very small fraction.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SolidusDave said:
Actually, region free gaming would be a homebrew feature many people paid money for in the past, but as the PS3 is region free...
Region free PS1 and PS2 games would still be nice. Double great if it as easy as the Wii. I am still shocked I don't have to run any sort of extra program to play imports on my Wii, I just installed a Preloader to keep me from bricking my Wii again and saw it had a "Disable Region Lock" toggle :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
missile said:

You know what I do when I want to read text in a column? I de-maximize my window.

But when I de-maximize my window and drag it into a column, your posts have random-ass carriage returns that make them hard to follow.

Yeah looking at the video the psjailbreak people made it's pretty clear what they were advertising. There's a lot of other useful possibilities with it and they could've ported some open-source apps (native PS3 firefox), booted a Ubuntu LiveCD or install NT4.0 PPC (if at all possible) to demonstrate (maybe they will).

Ultimately they made this to make a quick buck, whether it's to sell you a $150 USB device, or have your console modded for a fee they just want your $$. They know there's a demand and that people are willing to pay. What you do with it is none of their concern. I imagine they'd love for you to have to buy a new USB dongle each time Sony does a firmware update, if these things aren't updateable.

Sony will fix the exploit ASAP and I imagine take more drastic steps such as ban non approved USB devices.

Unless these guys have R/W access to the firmware, this thing may be shortlived. The fact that it doesn't work with 100% of all games tells me it may even be possible to program new games a certain way to defeat such devices (and sony could make it a mandatory requirement).

The PS2 emulation seems totally seperate, I remember Phil Harrison saying something along the lines that they could never disable H/W PS2 emulation even if they wanted to so I imagine region free PS2 games wont be possible with this.

Meier said:
I hope they figure out a way to get PS2 games playable on it.
It's going to be a mixed bag especially that only the first year of the ps3 had some extra chips to help with the ps2 emulation, you never know but I would not place any bets on it.

I'm more interested in seeing what happens with this psp minis emulator, look at what happened with ps1 titles on the psp, it was rather cool and entertaining to see people finding out things about the emulator swapping game files out to see if they would play, someone will surely mess around with that part of the ps3.

Schrade

SolidusDave said:
I just pretend it looks something like this:

RpYx4.jpg

It helps.
This is some funny ass shit right here. Bravo!

charlequin said:
Time to break it.
Oh please let this enforced!

Then all we'll have left to make our eyes hurt are Teknopathetic's quotation quotes instead of BBCode quotes.

missile

[off-topic post]

charlequin said:
Time to break it.
Pun intended? xD

Lost Fragment said:
You know what I do when I want to read text in a column? I de-maximize my window.

But when I de-maximize my window and drag it into a column, your posts have random-ass carriage returns that make them hard to follow.
True. There are advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I never had any
issues with random carriage returns since my canvas is always big enough to
hold at least 80 characters per line, meaning, I don't really minimize below
80 characters.

I don't know, but reading long rows of text bothers me somehow. Even my
source code doesn't use more than 80 characters per line keeping it clean
and structured (so I'm heavily influenced from this as well). Some developers
write code and comments in rather long lines, which really becomes hard to
follow at times. And if I turn on dynamic-word-warp on their code, the code
looks horrible. Luckily, due to Donald Knuth and Silvio Levy, high quality
code formatting isn't any problem today, see; 'The CWEB System of Structured
Documentation. Entire books where written using this system, but that's a
different story.

Well, it depends. If you are coming from a more technical / programming
perspective you may perhaps be in favor for 80 characters per line. But if
you live on the web, writing many posts whatsoever, you may prefer it the
other way around.

WYSIWYG sux pretty hard. Such programs never get the layout right. For me it
either reads; Latex, CWEB, or 80 characters per line. Sorry guys, don't hit
me....

missile said:
@onken:

Unfortunately it looks really terrible for anyone who is trying to read your posts from a device with a smaller screen.

If you just let word wrap do it's thing, then everyone can make the text layout as thin or as fat as they want. Everyone wins.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
jett said:

Oh god, I remember my trip to India and Pakistan, they had legitimite stores selling EVERYTHING possible on copied DVDs. TV shows, games, movies and even pirated applications.

Plus with Blu-ray prices being as low as 5 bucks (prolly even cheaper when the demand increases) for 2 discs I can imagine your scenario going down exactly as you said

missile

foomfoom415 said:
Unfortunately it looks really terrible for anyone who is trying to read your posts from a device with a smaller screen.
Jesus! What's the font width?

foomfoom415 said:
If you just let word wrap do it's thing, then everyone can make the text layout as thin or as fat as they want. Everyone wins.
Perhaps I should post less then, or just one line per post. ;) But hey, isn't
the content more important, at least?

Edit: I smell being tagged on my habits.... 80 characters limited. :lol

missile said:
Jesus! What's the font width?

Perhaps I should post less then, or just one line per post. ;) But hey, isn't
the content more important, at least?

You can't just walk into a tag, Mr. What, you think I just woke up with this?!? No way! I had to earn it. :lol

LovingSteam said:
... actually terrorists didn't ruin many of your constitutional rights, your rights were negatively impacted in the NAME of terrorism. See the pattern? The other OS was removed in the NAME of security for Sony. I didn't do anything wrong to lose other OS. Others were using it because, well, Sony INCLUDED THE FEATURE WHEN THEY PURCHASED THE SYSTEM and they were using it as such. Then they obviously road the salami a little too close to the sun and Sony tried to burn them for it, except they didn't just burn them but every single person with a system that could also install other OS.

Just so I'm not misunderstanding you here, are you actually arguing that 1) the FBI should be able to take away some of your constitutional rights because of what OTHERS have done? and 2) are you actually arguing that Sony should be able to remove a feature ADVERTISED as a feature when one purchased the system because of what OTHERS have done?

If so, I'm sure you would be fine with the government banning hammers because their used in violent crimes, right? If so, I'm sure you're fine with the government banning automobiles as well since they're used in quite a few deadly crimes every year, right?

Now I await some more insults as spoken by a 13 year old pimply, horny, little boy
I'm not saying that the FBI should "ruin" my constitutional rights, I'm saying it happens. Is it right? No, but those few ruin it for a bunch.

I used to be a journalist. After 9/11 my ability to write and report on many things have gotten me heat from the government. Where are my 1st amendment rights? I don't know.

The point of all of is this, is that you seem to think just because you pay for something, you are entitled to it no matter what. Sony thinks it's for the greater good, just as the government has pressured to silence me, for the greater good. Now, I understand that I didn't "pay" for anything in my case, but I was born here. Now, wouldn't you think my constitutional rights take priority to for what a consumer has paid?

Get over it.

I haven't had acne in 10 years.

Vagabundo

missile said:

You wish. Tag fishing is a federal offence. Dragona will think up something suitable, if you are deemed worthy...

Maybe something like: banned.. :d

phosphor112 said:
I'm not saying that the FBI should "ruin" my constitutional rights, I'm saying it happens. Is it right? No, but those few ruin it for a bunch.

I used to be a journalist. After 9/11 my ability to write and report on many things have gotten me heat from the government. Where are my 1st amendment rights? I don't know.

The point of all of is this, is that you seem to think just because you pay for something, you are entitled to it no matter what. Sony thinks it's for the greater good, just as the government has pressured to silence me, for the greater good. Now, I understand that I didn't "pay" for anything in my case, but I was born here. Now, wouldn't you think my constitutional rights take priority to for what a consumer has paid?

Get over it.

I haven't had acne in 10 years.

We aren't discussing what DOES happen, we're discussing what SHOULD happen. Sure the government has run over the rights of many after 9/11 and guess what, many times the courts have struck them down in the name of the 1st Amendment. You were a freaking journalist. If anybody should understand that you don't just back down from those who claim authority its you. And those few ruin it for the bunch? Thank goodness that our Constitution disagrees with you or else the freedom of speech would have been massacred a very long time ago. BTW, would it be acceptable if the government decided to ban the use of hammers because they have been used in violent crimes? Would you be ok with them coming into your home and taking any item they felt could be used to harm another person? Ehh, look who I'm conversing with, of course you would.

Also, you arguing that just because I paid for something that I believe I'm entitled to it no matter what? Um. If a company ADVERTISES A FEATURE OF A PRODUCT AND A CUSTOMER PAYS FOR THAT PRODUCT THEY ARE ENTITLED TO IT. If the feature is removed its called FALSE ADVERTISING which is one reason that Sony has a class action lawsuit on their hands now. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

Drakken

I haven't seen this thread till now - can someone explain how it has 40+ pages in just over 10 days? What exactly is the (apparently) monumental news here? People can play homebrew games on the PS3 now? People can rip games to their PS3? I'm guessing it's mostly discussing the ramifications of the latter?

Vamphuntr

Drakken said:
I haven't seen this thread till now - can someone explain how it has 40+ pages in just over 10 days? Is this really monumental news?

1st day : OMG it's so fake
Later 1st day : OMG Youtube video shows it's true
2nd day : bunch of hackers and homebrew dev comfirms it's working
Third day- Seventh day : How does it works? Use Sony's Sdk or not? Buffer Overflow?
Recently : Sony was able to temorarily stop the selling of the usb stick in Australia

During days 1-10 : Is it legal? Piracy is bad. Piracy is good. ''I'm getting it only for homebrews''. Can Sony wins in court? And people hating each others (the usual).

Vamphuntr said:
1st day : OMG it's so fake
Later 1st day : OMG Youtube video shows it's true
2nd day : bunch of hackers and homebrew dev comfirms it's working
Third day- Seventh day : How does it works? Use Sony's Sdk or not? Buffer Overflow?
Recently : Sony was able to temorarily stop the selling of the usb stick in Australia

During days 1-10 : Is it legal? Piracy is bad. Piracy is good. ''I'm getting it only for homebrews''. Can Sony wins in court? And people hating each others (the usual).

Awesome, thanks. I'll check in at day 20 to see if anything has changed. :lol

LovingSteam said:
We aren't discussing what DOES happen, we're discussing what SHOULD happen. Sure the government has run over the rights of many after 9/11 and guess what, many times the courts have struck them down in the name of the 1st Amendment. You were a freaking journalist. If anybody should understand that you don't just back down from those who claim authority its you. And those few ruin it for the bunch? Thank goodness that our Constitution disagrees with you or else the freedom of speech would have been massacred a very long time ago. BTW, would it be acceptable if the government decided to ban the use of hammers because they have been used in violent crimes? Would you be ok with them coming into your home and taking any item they felt could be used to harm another person? Ehh, look who I'm conversing with, of course you would.

Also, you arguing that just because I paid for something that I believe I'm entitled to it no matter what? Um. If a company ADVERTISES A FEATURE OF A PRODUCT AND A CUSTOMER PAYS FOR THAT PRODUCT THEY ARE ENTITLED TO IT. If the feature is removed its called FALSE ADVERTISING which is one reason that Sony has a class action lawsuit on their hands now. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

Lol, yeah, I'm sure you don't know wtf you are talking about. If you want to try to stand up to the FBI or government while being an "Arab" (even though I'm technically "White", you'll get slammed (literally, I would know, and on my own property).

Back to the topic, I'm sure you used Linux on PS3, heh. Do you even know basic bash commands? Don't start googling that crap for a response either. If you don't then you have no reason to complain. I'm sure you'll say "it's about consumer rights!" Yeah, sure it is, to justify a bootloader because "karma is a bitch."

Among the bajilion of pages this thread now has, there was talk of a PSP emulator for the ps3 and I got the notion that Sony actually had one already. Did I got that right or am I confused.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Prime crotch said:
Among the bajilion of pages this thread now has, there was talk of a PSP emulator for the ps3 and I got the notion that Sony actually had one already. Did I got that right or am I confused.

There is one on PS3, but it's only for minis right now.

spwolf

Drakken said:
I haven't seen this thread till now - can someone explain how it has 40+ pages in just over 10 days? What exactly is the (apparently) monumental news here? People can play homebrew games on the PS3 now? People can rip games to their PS3? I'm guessing it's mostly discussing the ramifications of the latter?
¸
FBI is fucking with your constitutional rights post 9/11

Man

Prime crotch said:
Jigkick is coming really really soon. Like really soon now!
Sony not saying anything.

Top Bottom