• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

Snipes424

The graphics I think are probably the best I've seen on a console this gen. But I think the sound is even more impressive.

I'll probably pick up This up when killzone 3 comes out. Or maybe sooner if I get into the beta :):)

demolitio

Awesome, I go to make my burger and I come back to see I missed it. Every other one seemed to have a 2 hour break, but they weren't kidding this would be faster. :(

X-Frame

Snipes424 said:
The graphics I think are probably the best I've seen on a console this gen. But I think the sound is even more impressive.

I'll probably pick up This up when killzone 3 comes out. Or maybe sooner if I get into the beta :):)

You also could always get a really good pair of headphones. :)

Stillmatic

yg0klzae.png

a5d1xceo.png

qdu5cooo.png

bogmgbci.png

flshvv1e.png

t42gxryq.png

w4c0wzl1.png

r40ucckj.png

rrh1qfu2.png

2r2jeeju.png

spats said:
Holy cock at those stills. Dare I say, painting come to life?

I agree. I was mighty impressed by Killzone 2, then Uncharted 2 came along and that was a different kind of beautiful, then God of War III came along and knocked my socks off. . .and now Killzone is back and stealing my heart.

Hermen and Seb weren't lying when they said they'd improved the texture output of the engine. Marked increase. The flying shrapnel/embers/snow effects are much improved too.

demolitio

Killthee said:
Wooooooooo think you did it this time user friendly :D

Sorry Demolitio : (

Haha, thanks. I can't win at all it seems. I've done this all day for some reason and now my eyes are strained. :lol

KZObsessed

If you have access to the Beta boards now, or after monday (not sure if the PS+ guys will but they should!) I have made a thread about Custom Games/Server Browser which I would appreciate if you guys could add your opinion to. Thanx :)

X-Frame

KZObsessed said:
If you have access to the Beta boards now, or after monday (not sure if the PS+ guys will but they should!) I have made a thread about Custom Games/Server Browser which I would appreciate if you guys could add your opinion to. Thanx :)
I wonder if it's easy for them to use KZ2's code for the browser but just update it with more details/filters. Just slap it in ..

Good lord. I can't help but be so impressed by each new set of screens. GG has a truly incredible art department. All the stills look like concept art. KZ2 never looked that good in stills.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I don't know how you've been able to stick with it all day long Demolitio. Every time I see a new notification pop up with a new code you're always second ;_;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A.R.K said:
is that you jett :lol .. i am pissed too man
jett has a twitter account? Yup thats the jett we know and love.

demolitio

Killthee said:
I don't know how you've been able to stick with it all day long Demolitio. Every time I see a new notification pop up with a new code you're always second ;_;
I have a lot of free time on my hands due to some medical issues so today was dedicated to getting a code though it hasn't worked out for me. I have the worst luck in the world so this makes sense to me, but it's almost like a competition where I'm determined to win.

I've wasted so much time that I almost have to continue playing just so it's not a waste. :lol

It wouldn't be so bad if the codes weren't spread out throughout such a long period. "Now" = 15 minutes. "Soon" = 30.

Edit: SECOND AGAIN!

Killthee

demolitio said:
I have a lot of free time on my hands due to some medical issues so today was dedicated to getting a code though it hasn't worked out for me. I have the worst luck in the world so this makes sense to me, but it's almost like a competition where I'm determined to win.

I've wasted so much time that I almost have to continue playing just so it's not a waste. :lol

It wouldn't be so bad if the codes weren't spread out throughout such a long period. "Now" = 15 minutes. "Soon" = 30.
He was a total dick in the morning; he said new code in a few minutes, 3 mins later he said within 7 minutes, ~25+ minutes later the code is finally posted. :lol

Congrats Wow; sorry again demolitio :(

ARGGGHH! I knew I shouldn't have tried this UGO thing. My only hope now is the killzonedotcom one.

I'm now officially sick of this image.
24d0l4z.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Killthee

Somnium986 said:
ARGGGHH! I knew I shouldn't have tried this UGO thing. My only hope now is the killzonedotcom one.

I'm now officially sick of this image.
http://i54.tinypic.com/24d0l4z.jpg[IMG]
>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:([/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised if they hand out some more codes over the weekend via @1upSweeps. Same shitty entry method, but the 1up page loads the kicker much faster.

X-Frame said:
You also could always get a really good pair of headphones. :)

My surround sound isn't all that (only cost about $400), but I'd argue a good pair of headphones pwns all when it comes to gaming.

edit: oh, and it seems I officially did not get into the beta. :(

Killthee said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they hand out some more codes over the weekend via @1upSweeps. Same shitty entry method, but the 1up page loads the kicker much faster.
I hope so. I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close this time.T-T

Killthee

FINALLY DEMOLITO!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you got it because the guy who beat you had a typo :lol :lol :lol :lol

demolitio

Killthee said:
FINALLY DEMOLITO!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you got it because the guy who beat you had a typo :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm thinking the same thing but I know how this usually goes so I'm staying calm. :lol

demolitio

Somnium986 said:
I was second this time.:( Probably would have lost it anyway, seeing as I added a "THE".:lol
fml
Sorry man. I can't believe I actually won this time. I seriously would've died if I came in second again.

They just sent me the message, hell yea!

Killthee

demolitio said:
Sorry man. I can't believe I actually won this time. I seriously would've died if I came in second again.

They just sent me the message, hell yea!
You were second that's the funniest part :lol

Sucks to be ChristianRocker.

20101023-phqps3t2c9skr7k7k5d9ua89f8.jpg

Norml

IMO, the game needs to get rid of the darkness effect when taking damage and almost dead or at least make it not as dark.

Killthee

Wowbagger said:
I might have won a code. :/

When are they sending them out? I can't find the giveaway page on the site anymore.

I hope they just email them. ;)
The codes are getting sent out on Monday. Same goes for the Killzonedotcom giveaway so I'm guessing it has something to do with Sony's end (store needs to be updated with the codes or something).

They'll probably send them out via a DM in Twitter.

Killthee

1UP contest next week confirmed. My guess would be Monday.

20101023-bcdk76jad8qptptt31txnr5n3e.jpg

Their kicker is much easier to load, but I'm sure a lot more people will be trying, especially if @Killzonedotcom sends out their codes before the contest begins.

oneHeero

Any for sure ways of getting into the beta at this point?

EDIT: So subscribing to + eh? Can it be any subscription? Do you get access as soon as you subscribe?

Top Bottom