• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

iNvidious01 said:
your in luck, im just bout to upload one. should be around an hour or so.
in fact i tested out all the weapons and melee kills in this one

Really eager to see the new shotgun pistol. That thing sounds amazing.

jmd494

So I had a code and was considering giving it away. But I decided to download it for myself.

This game is damn good. I don't play many shooters online but this game feels GREAT.

ZeroRay

Justin Dailey said:
So I had a code and was considering giving it away. But I decided to download it for myself.

This game is damn good. I don't play many shooters online but this game feels GREAT.

Fudge you, man.

X-Frame

Not liking that we can just spam the trigger (i.e. STa-14 in that video) from the hip and get kills. Doesn't seem like there's any reason to control your firing rate and burst-fire to accurateness anymore .. people can just hold down the trigger and be accurate.

Also, I think they need to slow down the ADS speed .. seems a little too fast.

JardeL

Thanks for the video iNvidious01.

Killstreak of 3 - 150 points
Killstreak of 5 - 200 - 250 - 300 points
Killstreak of 10 - 250 points

err what?

- Also shotgun pistol's reload speed is ridiculous.
- M4 pistol sounds weird, not sure about its the same sound in KZ2.
- Point indicators are dull, they need to colorize them.

iNvid02

perks i earned affected reload speeds, aim down sight speed, bullet damage etc - look at the right hand side for the ribbons showing what perks i have got on.

yencid

LJKHALHSA that video got me so hyped..

ALJHNAS @ the slow downed animation of the magnum(?)

EDIT: I just realized. When you where doing the melee kill run. The camera height has not been fixed.

Zen

Banned
THe ISA Assault Rifle looks and sounds so badass now. I huge improvement from the Killzone 2 version (that was already a bit improvement over how it was in Killzone 1).

The guns in this game look and feel like such a huge step up from Killzone 2, and they were already the best of the best in Killzone 2.

I'm so stoked to play this when it comes out.

I feel like they need to add a bit more bass to the shotgun. Right now it sounds close the the M82. Also, the M82 sounds so beefy now. It sounded really weak in earlier videos but now it has more bass than the Sta-52.

The shotgun pistol shoots very fast for a two hit kill so it better have absolute shit range (like the Pistole from UC2).

In that video Invidious goes in and out of sights so fast and at all ranges. Can you remember if you had the faster aim perk on, or have they made iron sights quicker? I like how iron sights are almost a penalty at short range in KZ2 and prefer that type of gameplay. It looks like you can aim really fast while in iron sights which I am not a big fan of.

The machine pistol seems pretty sweet, though it too may need to have its range dropped.

All in all it seems like a good collection of weapons and hopefully recoil and damage will be addressed by GG based on Beta feedback.

Edit: Ah sorry, it seems that you already answered some of my questions. Thanks for all the hard work.

JardeL: At first I thought they had changed the mids on the Magnum sound, but when he changes location the sound seems to change as well and sounds more like the KZ2 magnum. I think that sound depends a lot on your surroundings.

reKon

Banned
i feel like i'm in the minority who cares that there's pretty much no recoil on any of the guns right now -_-. thanks gaf

Hydrargyrus

fu5fkk.gif

OMG at that chest light...

vscgg6.gif

Thanks to my friend Alucardd ;)

NameIess

I'm sure this will continue to be tweaked, but there does seem to be a lack of recoil with the guns... The melee attacks and the new game modes seem incredible.

This is my most anticipated title on the PS3.

Jezus... i think CoD is great online, so is Halo: Reach, and i'm hoping Crysis and Gears 3 will be somewhat impressive (i'm guessing Gears 3 will from what i've seen), but this killzone 3 seems like another league a this point.. Goddammit this looks like a load of fun.. Guerilla does so many things right. Not to say i won't enjoy the others, cause i will (i'll play them all). But fuuuuuuu...k, there is no shooter i'd like to play more right now than Killzone 3.

Watched the video again.

Faster reload needs to be nerfed. You can reload the RL in less than a second with that perk on. From shot to shot it seems that you can fire off two rockets almost as fast as a shotgun.

Also, perks better be hard to acquire in an actual match and you should only be able to acquire a max number (like 3). If perks are acquired through specific objectives then people would have to manage their playstyles in order to get the perks they are after.

Perks should also disappear if you die (or you should lose one for every time you die), or they should disappear over time. You shouldn't be able to just keep getting stronger and stronger. Faster reload plus faster aim plus increased accuracy plus increased damage just seems to create an incredible imbalance.

Sta-14 needs to have a lot more recoil and possibly a slower firing speed. Scoped, the thing is super accurate and you can fire it so quickly. Never mind how accurate it is from the hip. Magnum seems to be a lot more accurate at higher firing speeds as well. The guns in KZ2 are already very balanced, so they don't need to tweek things too much.

Also (not from this video), there seems to be an issue with the red dot sight of the Sta-52. When you start to look down the sights the red dot appears where you are aiming before you are actually looking through the sights.

JardeL

iNvidious01 said:
perks i earned affected reload speeds, aim down sight speed, bullet damage etc - look at the right hand side for the ribbons showing what perks i have got on.
I see, KZ getting more and more closer to COD. :/
"If you wanna play reskinned COD4, go play KZ3".
the_prime_mover said:
JardeL: At first I thought they had changed the mids on the Magnum sound, but when he changes location the sound seems to change as well and sounds more like the KZ2 magnum. I think that sound depends a lot on your surroundings.
Hmm, plausible.:D

X-Frame said:
Not liking that we can just spam the trigger (i.e. STa-14 in that video) from the hip and get kills. Doesn't seem like there's any reason to control your firing rate and burst-fire to accurateness anymore .. people can just hold down the trigger and be accurate.

Also, I think they need to slow down the ADS speed .. seems a little too fast.

Where's your avatar from? :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
JardeL said:
I see, KZ getting more and more closer to COD. :/
"If you wanna play reskinned COD4, go play KZ3".

I'm really starting to see the similarities with the lower health + no recoil. :/

I'd love to know where this myth about lower health started off. If there's been any change, it's incredibly minimal; the only reason you're all noticing it is because he's playing against bots with no kill delay. It was the same way in KZ2.

Man

Cagen said:
Bonus points for killing people with explosives, of which the rocket launcher belongs.

Sigh.
That may be but the amount of explosive weapons has been tuned down.
The grenade launcher in KZ2 was the root to all evil.

mr_nothin

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
Is it right for me to assume that you can lose the ribbons too? If so then how does it happen?

NameIess

alr1ghtstart said:
I'm really starting to see the similarities with the lower health + no recoil. :/

I would agree, but the MP plays significantly different from a game mode perspective.
Honestly I did not mind the recoil it was the controller lag that was the problem...

reKon

Banned
NameIess said:
I would agree, but the MP plays significantly different from a game mode perspective.
Honestly I did not mind the recoil it was the controller lag that was the problem...

agreed, the lag is what a lot had issue with (I adjusted to it though and appreciated the whole style they were going for as there was nothing like it).

Now though, I feel like the whole recoil thing will go unnoticed simply because people want an easier game where can run around and get quick kills. The game should be at least a little tiny bit challenging when it comes to aiming.

the_prime_mover said:
Watched the video again.

Faster reload needs to be nerfed. You can reload the RL in less than a second with that perk on. From shot to shot it seems that you can fire off two rockets almost as fast as a shotgun.

Also, perks better be hard to acquire in an actual match and you should only be able to acquire a max number (like 3). If perks are acquired through specific objectives then people would have to manage their playstyles in order to get the perks they are after.

Perks should also disappear if you die (or you should lose one for every time you die), or they should disappear over time. You shouldn't be able to just keep getting stronger and stronger. Faster reload plus faster aim plus increased accuracy plus increased damage just seems to create an incredible imbalance.

Sta-14 needs to have a lot more recoil and possibly a slower firing speed. Scoped, the thing is super accurate and you can fire it so quickly. Never mind how accurate it is from the hip. Magnum seems to be a lot more accurate at higher firing speeds as well. The guns in KZ2 are already very balanced, so they don't need to tweek things too much.

Also (not from this video), there seems to be an issue with the red dot sight of the Sta-52. When you start to look down the sights the red dot appears where you are aiming before you are actually looking through the sights.

:lol WTF.

scoobs

holy smokes the gunplay looks WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than kz2. Graphics are undeniably the best i've ever seen. Ridiculously awesome i really can't wait.

agaru

So pumped for this even though I haz no code yet! :D

BTW, I think we should have a fresh thread once the public beta kicks off, with some cool banners and brief info. Someone do this!

TacticalFox88 said:
:lol WTF.

it wasn't my whole argument but seeing as it was the only point you focused on, I will address it. Acquiring numerous perks throughout the match makes the better players more powerful which will give them even more of an advantage.

Perks aren't a loadout in this game, but they seem to offer many of the same benefits as those perks you would find in games like MW2 or even UC2. In those games you were limited to a selection of perks. How do you balance the game when one person could have all of the perks? Removing acquired perks will become a necessity if people are allowed to keep stacking them. Obviously removal upon death may promote KDR whoring which is contrary to most game types in KZ. So perhaps a time limit on the perk would be better, in addition to having a limit on the number of perks available at a given time.

Top Bottom