• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

There's also this tweet from F.Champ making the rounds on Twitter
jQb2Bu0.jpg

Umm, Fchamp was one of the loudest voices criticizing Chun Li's model in MvCi.
https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/874453919736320000
https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/874457373338853376

This doesn't prove anything other than he's consistent.

Anyways, the game looks really fun. And, the E3 built seems to look much better than the story demo...so onward we go, toward release.

tribal24

Banned
Chris is fine too, i just think his walk animation seems off... That could just be me though. I also find myself liking Captain America a bit too, but not as much as Rocket.

for sure with the walking animation. Captain America finally has a counter like taskmaster that i like. But i would want taskmaster in the game. I think I'm going to do Captain Marvel & Ultron Day one and if Winter Soldier makes it swapping Captain Marvel out.

Skab

Would Grandmaster even work as a playable character? He has no legs (the giant swing and other moves would cause complications), and he's significantly larger than even the biggest characters in MvC.

Modok is a giant flying head.

Ryce

Canonical size doesnt really mean much in Marvel
To be fair, Shuma-Gorath is a shapeshifter who can be whatever size he wants to be. I'm not saying it's absolutely impossible to make Grandmaster work as a playable character, but I think it makes more sense for him to be a giant boss who floats around the stage.

sinkfla87

The Down, Down specials suck. I keep forgetting about them.

I seriously hope to God they give us an option to change those to traditional SRK motions. I play NRS games a lot and even there I don't like D,D motions lol. Micro teabag to execute move!

Edit: How could you of all people forget about them? ;)

How is X gameplay? Is he a Zoner ?

To be honest, he seems like he could both zone and rushdown. Sonic Cutter is hella good, His Buster Shot keeps him stationery, but his ability to cancel out of it with other stuff makes it a non-issue.

I'll have to play around with him more. I can already imagine X/Zero being a handful to deal with.

JeTmAn81

I actually don't mind the D, D specials. I guess I got pretty used to that with all the teleporting I did with Dante in UMVC3. It is a little off-putting when you expect an SRK move from UMVC3 to be D, D but then it's not.

Durden77

I can't take all this hype between this and DBZ. It's too fucking much.

As much shit as this game is getting, I'm fucking psyched for it. I love the idea of the switch system in particular. Things started getting amazing when I realized I could "make my own assists" by having my point character like X shot a charged buster shot, and then seitching to Thor and using that as cover. The possibilities are exciting me like crazy. I need a training mode bad.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You have to factor in how aggressive Capcom is being about their character pass. The less characters they add to the base, the more valuable the additional characters might be

You really have a good counterargument on your side but I'm not sure if they are willing to burn the bridge with the customers by undercutting them with the characters? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they did tho.

I spent the last hour and a half or so piecing together the big leaks and trying to nail down what I'd expect the final roster to be more or less, and I'd like to hear you guys's thoughts on it.

Prepare for a bit of a read.

It was pretty nice thought you had there but I have a feeling that Grandmaster Meios would be a boss character, and Venom being on base roster, since you have symboite fodders to fight against in the story mode. Also the comment on trailer made it sound like all 6 DLC characters would be newcomers.

Sigmaah

Don't do this.

LMFAO!!!

On some real shit tho, I really don't give af anymore about this game looking like this or that etc. For me my nigga, I got a new mvc. That's it, ima keep it pushing. I know niggas don't wanna play umvc3 anymore, mvci may not look wild and have the greatest roster (to me it's perfect but y'all already know why) but shit, Ima take this over nothing.

I understand the complaints about visuals and I'm hoping they get fixed but if not I'm happy af at the end of the day.

JeTmAn81

LMFAO!!!

On some real shit tho, I really don't give af anymore about this game looking like this or that etc. For me my nigga, I got a new mvc. That's it, ima keep it pushing. I know niggas don't wanna play umvc3 anymore, mvci may not look wild and have the greatest roster (to me it's perfect but y'all already know why) but shit, Ima take this over nothing.

I understand the complaints about visuals and I'm hoping they get fixed but if not I'm happy af at the end of the day.

With Zero, X AND Sigma in this game I can imagine you're chuffed

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Haven't been around that much the last couple of days, is there a new leak?

I'm going to have nightmares... lol

Yes, new leak implied that we might get more characters than 28 characters.

---------------------------------

Currently we have about three rumors or leaks that haven't disproved yet.

1. Ryce Leak - 28 characters

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I'm not sure if it's just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it's probably someone like Frank West.

2. Zero, Theme DLC, and Story mode Leak

So, I think it's pretty apparent that the internet has been in sort of a fit of denial ever since Ryce supposedly leaked the full roster for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, and to be completely honest, you have every right to be, especially since it turns out that this leak is true.
Before I give you anymore information, I should probably give you some insight on how I actually came to know this. I'm essentially what I'd like to call a freelance animator, having graduated from Toronto's George Brown College a couple of years ago. In the years proceeding, I was lucky enough to meet several people in the business, and two of these people happened to work for Capcom USA. The information I have for you, as scarce as it is, is from these guys. Names will be with-held as well as position (for obvious reasons), but these two individuals have indeed confirmed that what Ryce said is true.
You see, the team behind Infinite is fully aware of the fact that Ryce has been leaking information about the game before Infinite even got announced, but simply let it pass because of one singular reason...he's never fully told the truth. They wouldn't tell me anymore than that regarding characters, but in exchange for keeping surprises for later, they decided to give me details on the story mode. Apparently, this information was deemed to be far less important by the higher ups when compared to the actual gameplay and characters of the game, which they chuckled at.
-In terms of cutscenes, the story is around two and a half hours long.
-The story features the option to play through story sections either as a solo character or creating your own team from the characters available. Certain character choices may effect dialogue before and after a fight.
-There are several unplayable characters being created for the use in Story mode, acting as enemy units for the player to fight. The first confirmed ones are the Asgardian soldiers seen in the first story trailer. The second is apparently a Rathalos from the Monster Hunter series.
-All 6 of the first wave DLC characters will be making an appearance in the story in some form, while the only character the player can actually fight is an incomplete version of Sigma.
-Zero is a part of the story mode, Johnny Yong Bosch apparently returning to voice the character. It's not made clear if he's a playable character.
-While Ultron Sigma is the main villain of the story, both Thanos and Jedah play pivotal roles as major antagonists in the story. These are the only unconfirmed characters that the two actually spoke of by name.
-X is the main character of the story mode for the Capcom side, and yes, he does have a voice actor. No names have been given for his English VA, but his Japanese VA is Takahiro Sakurai, his VA from X8 and Project X Zone 1 & 2.
The last thing I was allowed to ask them was in regards to the DLC and how they planned to handle the 6 initial DLC characters. They then confirmed that all the DLC characters would be coming out with two at a time, all of them planned for release before 2018. The first two DLC characters (Who we've already confirmed is Sigma and Venom (Edit: This was a misinterpretation of information. The actual first Marvel DLC character is Black Panther as of 12/06/17. This was not meant to be a confirmation that Venom was coming)) are set to release in early October with the other four following suit. Surprisingly, none of the DLC characters are actually complete at this point, the most a majority of them have so far is a model (which will be used in the story mode).
As for future DLC plans, it's apparently all up in the air. They definitely plan to have some details by the end of the year, but they've confirmed one thing...it will not be split into seasons like SFV. They claimed that the most likely option they're going to go with is themed character packs. They didn't say how frequent they would come out, but they really want to get out as many characters as they can by the end of 2018, especially since the SFV team apparently has some really big plans for 2018 and they need to compete for attention.
And that's it. Despite what happened with Ryce's leaks, the team is still trying to keep information on the roster a secret. Makes me wonder if it's possible that there's more to the roster than Ryce is letting on? Sadly, I can't confirm that, but I can definitely let you all know that they've already got their plans set for 2017. Expect alot at E3.

3. Datamine List

Top Bottom